Did Susan Powell's father-in-law have a "crush" on her?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMGosh - have you listened to the songs at the link. He sounds soooooooo creepy. That literally scared me!

This is Josh's dad - right?

Mel

Oh dear lord I made the biggest mistake when I clicked on his player "I love the way you dance for me" :puke: Srsly??? This guy thinks he can sing???
I feel so embarrassed for him.

Me too!

:loser:

It was my understanding that the journals and other bank acct. info were kept at work and the LE have them. Joshy didn't know about them and the LE were upset that had been leaked. Am I wrong?

I'd love to hear from Josh's MOTHER on this.

Do you think Steven Powell allows her to speak?

I don't believe that Josh's mother is still with his dad.... I think she lives in Utah.
But according to this article there is a quote from his sister.

Josh's sister, Jennifer Graves, was not only Susan's sister-in-law, she was
her very close friend. Jennifer said Sunday, "While in WA early in their
marriage, Susan had a disturbing encounter that she related to me later.
She was in the car with my dad. Josh was not in the car. While they were
alone, my dad proposed to Susan that he and Josh ‘share’ her. Susan was
very upset and called and told me about it. It was soon after that that they
moved to Utah."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Finally – light shed on why Susan Cox
Powell feared her father-in-law - National missing persons | Examiner.com
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/finally-light-shed-on-
why-susan-cox-powell-feared-her-father-law#ixzz1VjSMOtU5

Steven Powell didn't have a "crush", he has a sick obsession. He is a predator, and his unwanted sexual advances, theft of Susan's intimate belongings, and intense anger at her rejection are all examples of stalking behavior.

I have no doubt that Josh was aware of his father's attraction to Susan. Josh appears to be so unhealithy dependant on having his father's approval that I suspect he felt validated and more important because he was married to a woman his father "wanted".

Susan was obviuosly disgusted by this sick father-son sexual competition, which angered both men. Steven had been flat-out rejected by Susan. Josh was angry because Susan told him that his father was a pervert and she wanted nothing to do with him.

I think that Josh's dad might have encouraged Josh to kill Susan. I think that he used Josh to do the dirty work, but Steven is the one in control.

Steven Powell didn't have a "crush", he has a sick obsession. He is a predator, and his unwanted sexual advances, theft of Susan's intimate belongings, and intense anger at her rejection are all examples of stalking behavior.

I have no doubt that Josh was aware of his father's attraction to Susan. Josh appears to be so unhealithy dependant on having his father's approval that I suspect he felt validated and more important because he was married to a woman his father "wanted".

Susan was obviuosly disgusted by this sick father-son sexual competition, which angered both men. Steven had been flat-out rejected by Susan. Josh was angry because Susan told him that his father was a pervert and she wanted nothing to do with him.

I think that Josh's dad might have encouraged Josh to kill Susan. I think that he used Josh to do the dirty work, but Steven is the one in control.

Ahh yes totally the puppet master behind the puppet! Wonder how Josh will defend him stealing her underwear??? Josh's only hope was Susan and getting away from Steve's influence, to bad he was not strong enough..

I'd love to hear from Josh's MOTHER on this.

Do you think Steven Powell allows her to speak?

Not only are they long divorced, Steven Powell forced her through long, protracted divorce and child custody issues. It was years before it was all done, and she was bankrupted. He is a dangerous control freak who will stop at nothing to get what he wants and hurt those who deny him.

Not only are they long divorced, Steven Powell forced her through long, protracted divorce and child custody issues. It was years before it was all done, and she was bankrupted. He is a dangerous control freak who will stop at nothing to get what he wants and hurt those who deny him.

Well said gwenabob.

Those songs are disturbing... If someone wrote that sort of thing to me I'd run as fast as I could.

I also find it very disturbing that apparently his own daughter believes he stalked Susan.

Lyrics from Steven’s song “I said, I love you”

I love you, like it or don't.
I said, "I love you." You should have kissed me.
I felt like giving up when you just dissed me.
I love you, so I guess I won't. …
You think I'm crazy, but I insist,
It's simple, I can't resist.
The lips that I never kissed, but wanted

..................whether this is about Susan or some other person, he's creepy

"Clearly, we think Susan decided to leave," Steven Powell wrote. "This has little to do with Josh because their marriage was basically normal. There is no evidence to the contrary."

"Although (Susan's parents) would like the public to believe otherwise ... most of the time it was a happy and stable relationship," Steven Powell continued. "However, Susan had an occasional tendency to lose control."

It's a characterization of the 28-year-old mother that her friends say is completely untrue.

"They would get in fights and talk about divorce and she would say. 'I'm going to take the kids,'" Susan Powell's close friend Kiirsi Hellewell said. "And he would say, "No. Over my dead body.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/vanished-...lvement-wifes-disappearance/story?id=11573019

Statements like that are so telling. Every abuser I have ever knwn or heard of always says some version of "every thing was normal, I am normal, but she is crazy."

Not normal. A mother doesn't leave her home without her keys and purse, and without making arrangements for her children.

It's not normal to take small children out at night, in the winter to go camping/make smores. (If anything shows a lack of impulse control, this does.)

Originally Posted by RubyRed
"Clearly, we think Susan decided to leave," Steven Powell wrote. "This has little to do with Josh because their marriage was basically normal. There is no evidence to the contrary."

...................people with basically normal marriages don't walk away from them

Wow

From Steven Web site

snips~ just chilling knowing Susan is missing

In only a matter of months my dad made a unilateral and secretive decision to separate from my mom. So on a given weekend he took us to visit his parents while my mom went to spend the weekend with her aunt in Burbank. Unbeknownst to her, my grandparents had, prior to that weekend visit, transported their trailer house to Northern California, and parked it in Weed.

When we headed over to see my grandparents, and kept going north on Highway 1, something seemed amiss to me, even at seven years old. "Where is momma?" I asked. Grandma curtly replied, "You're never going to see your mother again." Of course, that was more devastating than the disappearance of the green car. My older brother, my sister and I were inconsolable. My baby brother probably just wondered what the commotion was about.

The trailer camp was surrounded by bull pines and terraced up the side of a hill. I would go up the hill and play with my friends and my brother. On one occasion I informed one of my buddies that my grandparents had kidnapped us. My brother, who overheard, reported the conversation back to my grandmother, who encouraged me to keep my mouth shut (I was lying, in her estimation) by pouring a liberal dose of cayenne pepper on my tongue and making me stand in the corner.

AND THIS PART (sometime I read in to more that I should) :banghead:
The first words that offer themselves as partners for a given melody do not always make it to the final cut.

http://www.stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/MeetSteve.aspx

Wonder what ever happen to Steven's mom?

Interesting parallels there to the current situation.

On KOMO this morning it looked like Puyallup is turning into a powder keg. Josh looked like he's gonna crack. And I hope soon!

Also Not Normal - father takes sons out at midnight for an impulsive camping trip in a blizard forgetting that he has to work in the morning (didn't go to church, so he thought he was confused about the day and thought it was Sunday all over)

when gets to the camping site, or in the morning, or sometime during the day - he doesn't call his wife to tell them that they arrived safely, the boys are having fun..

when his neighbor reaches him by cell phone in the early afternoon and tells him that the police are looking for his wife, it takes him a couple of hours to drive home. (silly me, I would have called the police from wherever I was and ask what was happening)

when the police take his van for evidence, he decides to rent a car to drive around for several hundred miles and doesn't tell anyone where he has been.

He assumes his wife ran off with some other man - why? he has a basically normal marriage - is it basically normal for a wife to run off with someone without any evidence of problems?

He had complaints about how much time she spent at church, she chose to do that, he didn't want her to do it. She wanted him to get active in church again, to live up to their temple marriage vows. So how does her running off with another man make sense if she wanted their marriage to be an eternal one?

Not normal, 11 days after wife is missing to move out of state

Not normal, freak out about seeing missing posters of your wife (not that it has information about Josh, their minivan or other information that implies that he is guilty) if he truly believes she out there with a new hairstyle or something with some new guy, then he should be please with help to locate her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back