Did Susan Powell's father-in-law have a "crush" on her?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128483088.html

[snip]

"It was definitely a romantic obsession," he said. "You know, Susan's a beautiful woman. When a beautiful woman comes on to you like that, it's really hard to resist that kind of a thing, and maybe it's just me, and probably inappropriate. ... Sure, I wrote songs about her."

.............first that I heard Steve admit that the songs were about Susan

Oh, Steve, I know this link is provided on another thread, but I wanted to be sure you had seen it. Doncha' like the way the experts are {SHOCKED!} by your and Josh's actions this week? Wow! You sure made an impression, not the one I'm sure your mind thought it would do. Soil Susan's memory. But, guess what, it bounced right on back to you! two!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128492198.html
Court bans publication of Susan Powell's journal

Your poor daughter, Alana is it? I can just imagine how brain-washed she is to have stood up for you. Poor thing. She really should get out more, doncha' think? Hope you let her see this video. I'm sure she'd be disappointed to learn that the world now thinks your family is a little bit, ehhhhh.............disturbed, to put it mildly. :panic:

For you to go public with the disgusting accusations you've made about Susan is unconsionable (sp?) and then for Susan's own husband to back you up and say Susan's father and mother were abusive and Susan was mentally disturbed. :eek: {{cold}}

Oh, don't forget to read the full article and listen to the end of the video. It appears NOW you and your son may have opened yourselves up for civil liability to the Cox family. :slap: Betcha' didn't think of that did ya? duh!:waitasec:

Don't worry, LE isn't going to publish your EMBARRASSING journals. LOL, unless there's a {{{leak}}}. :rocker:

I'm sure you're worn out from all the interviews this past week. :bricks: such a busy family betcha' never imagined your interviews would be like setting off :nuclear: a bomb and explode the case back into the National Meida. But please, if you remember anything else you forgot this week :idea: , be sure to contact your local station. We would just love to hear what you have to say. :eye:

JMHO
fran

PS>....oh, Steve! Did you notice the title of the article above? Court bans publication of Susan Powell's journal

Did you remove everything from Susan's journal? I know if you're reading this you've found another computer LE didn't confiscate. Is that why you stayed away from the house late that night? You were cleaning out another computer? Maybe your work computer? Anyway, if you're reading this, you have access to your websites. You better remove all reference to Susan's journals. Remember the possible 'civil liability.' You better not give any more copies or exerts from her diaries either. :nono: Shoulda' quit while you were ahead. Your ego got the best of you and JOsh. pffffttt......:crazy:

PPS...oh, and fwiw, I saw one local Washington report yesterday where the station said they had received copies of pages of Susan's diary, and this was BEFORE the judge's order yesterday. Guess what? The STATION decided not to release them to the public. Tells you something, huh? They're most likely even disgusted by this whole fiasco.:sick:

WHERE is Susan!?

Can you imagine what his co-workers must think of him? I bet they would PAY him to retire!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and you have to wonder if he ran his sick mouth incessantly at work also, which being attached to his sick mind might have set off more than a few hinky meters, KWIM?

Can you imagine what his co-workers must think of him? I bet they would PAY him to retire!!!!!!!!
After witnessing his general personality, i'm gonna guess they despised that little know it all, neurotic twerp before this ever happened. He is annoying like a skeeter in the camp out tent by nature, imo.

I wouldn't call Steve a woman hater, quite the opposite, actually. He obviously loved Susan. He may think of women as being 'beneath' him, though. They are sexual objects, not valued in their own right, except as 'toys' to give him pleasure and excitement. I think he is in love with himself, and sees himself as some type of god, he is a control freak. He probably loves his sons more than he does his daughters. And if they strongly disagree with him, he has no problem disowning them.

Snipped by me and bolded by me.

Ironically, intentionally or not, you just pretty much nailed classic misogyny (i.e. the hatred/fear of women). The dude hates/loves women. More aptly, he hates the control he feels they have over him.

Snipped by me and bolded by me.

Ironically, intentionally or not, you just pretty much nailed classic misogyny (i.e. the hatred/fear of women). The dude hates/loves women. More aptly, he hates the control he feels they have over him.
Nailed it.

Does anyone know if jp and Jennifer are the only two children of sp who were married or in a relationship? thnx

Hey Steven, if you're reading this, then you got access to a computer. Oh, I'm pretty sure you had a spare, most likely in your possession at the time LE was searching your home. LOL, how'd you like being blind-sided by LE with that SW? Bet that was the last thing on your mind. :slap:

Ok, so if it's close to Sunday evening, 5:23 p.m., be sure to turn into Websleuths Radio. Guess who and what about 1/2 of the show is going to be about?

YOU! and your son and of course the disappearance of Susan Powell. Gee, you and Josh sure gave people plenty to talk about. Thank you! :)

It's getting close to time for Susan's case discussion, be sure to tune in. But just in case you missed it, it'll be archived to listen to at a later date. Doncha' just love the new technology?

:seeya:

fran

PS.....Oh, Steven, did you get a chance to attend church this morning? Did people whisper about you? Did you explain how you could make claim on national media to lusting after your son's wife? Did Josh finally get it, that it wasn't Susan's fault and just her imagination? That you had an obsession about Susan? How's that workin' out for ya? :rocker:

PS...almost forgot!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...uths-radio-and-the-casey-anthony-murder-trial

Oh, and you're welcome!
;)

Good afternoon Steven! How was work today? Did you notice anyone ehhh....staying away from you? Pretending they didn't see you? Did you see those disgusted looks?:doorhide:

Oh, you sure have made a mess of things, haven't you? Then to think you made even a bigger fool of your son. tut-tut :nono:

Well, just in case you haven't seen it, I wanted to make sure you read the Salt Lake City Tribune article from August 27th. :saber:

Now, don't you feel foolish? You were set up and now the laughing stock, :floorlaugh:and thought of with disgust,:sick: by just about everyone in the U.S. that saw your family media blitz last week. :blushing:

Here you had Josh hide behind his sons :chicken: to avoid the media and LE, and then you just THREW him under the bus. :back:

How's that working out for ya?:doh:

Too bad Josh can't get in touch with his inner-self and tell LE where he put Susan. Well, it's just a matter of time.:bricks: They may figure it out before he can make a deal. :panic: Well,..............that is IF Josh did it! :sleuth:

:pillowfight:Wonder which one of you will crack first?:fence:

All JMHO, of course,
fran

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52468494-78/susan-powell-case-steve.html.csp
A lot of dirt, and some news, kicked up in latest Powell flurry

Now, don't you feel silly? Even the media was in on it and THEY got it!:floorlaugh:

Is what they printed true? Everyone KNEW you were inappropriate with Susan yet held their tongue because Mr. Cox asked them to? And here you and Josh made horrible allegations of control and abuse by Susan's parents after they stood by and tried to make this about Susan!? and NOT reveal YOUR dirty little secret! :eek:

There are no words. Wow! :(

Good afternoon Steven! How was work today? Did you notice anyone ehhh....staying away from you? Pretending they didn't see you? Did you see those disgusted looks?:doorhide:

Oh, you sure have made a mess of things, haven't you? Then to think you made even a bigger fool of your son. tut-tut :nono:

Well, just in case you haven't seen it, I wanted to make sure you read the Salt Lake City Tribune article from August 27th. :saber:

Now, don't you feel foolish? You were set up and now the laughing stock, :floorlaugh:and thought of with disgust,:sick: by just about everyone in the U.S. that saw your family media blitz last week. :blushing:

Here you had Josh hide behind his sons :chicken: to avoid the media and LE, and then you just THREW him under the bus. :back:

How's that working out for ya?:doh:

Too bad Josh can't get in touch with his inner-self and tell LE where he put Susan. Well, it's just a matter of time.:bricks: They may figure it out before he can make a deal. :panic: Well,..............that is IF Josh did it! :sleuth:

:pillowfight:Wonder which one of you will crack first?:fence:

All JMHO, of course,
fran

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52468494-78/susan-powell-case-steve.html.csp
A lot of dirt, and some news, kicked up in latest Powell flurry

Now, don't you feel silly? Even the media was in on it and THEY got it!:floorlaugh:

Is what they printed true? Everyone KNEW you were inappropriate with Susan yet held their tongue because Mr. Cox asked them to? And here you and Josh made horrible allegations of control and abuse by Susan's parents after they stood by and tried to make this about Susan!? and NOT reveal YOUR dirty little secret! :eek:

There are no words. Wow! :(

It is usually women who cuckold their husbands BUT sp appears to be the cuckolder, in this case. :floorlaugh:

Sends shivers right up the spine. I wonder what potty training was like at the powell enclave? :eek:

Steve Powell told reporters outside the home Friday morning that investigators told him they were looking for Susan Powell’s journals - and they took his journals, as well.

“I didn’t want them to have my journals,” he told Seattle media outlet KOMO-TV. “There’s very embarrassing things in my journals.”
Somehow I missed this tidbit the other day, sorry if it's already been discussed.

This is what I call divine retribution
icon7.gif

I'm sure even Steve wouldn't be dumb enough to write anything incriminating, but maybe LE will find something helpful. Hope they didn't eat before reading ...

I'm sure even Steve wouldn't be dumb enough to write anything incriminating, but maybe LE will find something helpful. Hope they didn't eat before reading ...

Don't be TOO sure he isn't that dumb, LOL. He has certainly done a LOT of things that were not only very DUMB, but totally out of bounds and out of control. I personally believe he is so severely disordered that he does not understand "normal".

I really would not be surprised if he wrote a LOT of incriminating stuff, maybe even keeping incriminating "trophy" evidence.

PUYALLUP - As detectives seized computers, videos and diaries from the home of missing mom Susan Powell's husband, her father-in-law admitted he had a "romantic obsession" with Susan and wrote love songs about her before she vanished.

So if the unrequited stalker love songs were about Susan, it should put to rest his claims that Susan flirted with him in any other manner than having the misfortune of being someone he obsessed about.

But police officials said Friday morning that the father-in-law, Steven Powell, had been ruled out as a person of interest in the case - despite his salacious admissions about his daughter-in-law.
Investigators declined to discuss what pieces of evidence they gathered, but Steven Powell said they took Susan's childhood journals and computers. He says they also took his own journal, along with videos and photos he took of Susan.

If he is not a person of interest why did they want his journals?
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...ssion-with-Susan-as-2143085.php#ixzz1WB8PfO7K

Somehow I missed this tidbit the other day, sorry if it's already been discussed.

This is what I call divine retribution
icon7.gif

Well, the thing that bothers me is there is NO '09 pages. Just to the end of '08, at least from what I've read.

Now we know that Susan disappeared in '09.............not until Dec '09., but still............. I've also read, and Steven you can tell me if I'm wrong, that Steven and Josh talked for hours, up to 4 hours I heard, at a time, just before Susan disappeared.

So IMHO, it was when Susan became more assertive and at the same time, Steven was pushing for Josh to move the family back to Washington State. So, I'm thinkin', yeah, so Steven can get his mits on Susan.

Well, near the end, it was time for Josh to put up or shut up, meaning Susan had given him the ultimatum, and the deadline was quickly approaching. And, I believe, that just about the time Susan disappeared, time was almost up! for Josh. and he knew what that meant, Susan was going to DIVORCE him! Oh, and take the kids............. So the dad, that's YOU Steve, decided what most guys like him do, IF HE COULDN'T HAVE SUSAN, NO ONE ELSE WOULD EITHER! So he, MAYBE, talked JP through that fateful last night of pancakes and eggs that took what? :sleuth: FOUR hours to make! :rolleyes:

That's when the 'plan' became reality. What the plan was, I do NOT know. But,................Susan is gone,.... without a trace..., and Josh and his dad and Susan's kids are in Washington State.

:(
JMHO
fran

BOO!:eek:

LOL, did I miss anything Steven?

:seeya:

Is there some rhyme or reason or strategy to what they're saying or are things just spilling uncontrollably? It seems strange to me how the story changes every other day. First Steven was saying he and Susan got flirty, then AP and JP contradicted it, no there was nothing like that although Susan is flirtatious, no my father never behaved inappropriately, then Steven says it went beyond paternal and was in fact somewhat inappropriate but she liked it and started it and now he says she didn't like it and got mad when he made advances at her. Are they ever going to settle on one version?

Well, the thing that bothers me is there is NO '09 pages. Just to the end of '08, at least from what I've read.

I've seen some comments about this in the past few days...do you have a source for exact years of his journals that were seized? I haven't been able to find this anywhere. Thanks!

I've seen some comments about this in the past few days...do you have a source for exact years of his journals that were seized? I haven't been able to find this anywhere. Thanks!

Well, it took me an hour, but I finally found an aritcle that includes a video, of Steve Powell, in 'his own words,' saying LE has HIS journals to '08. It's not the original article I saw this information. Sorry, can't find that one.

The original article, I saw, said LE sources said they have his journals from 2000 - 2008, but Steve Powell said they were from '04 - '08. This video, when Steve talks about the period, to ME, I couldn't make it out for sure. It was, either '2000 "FORWARD" to 2008,' or ' 2004 TO 2008.' The reporter in the video, however, said '2004 to 2008.' (I THINK he says, 2000 "forward.")

The point is, however, they end at 2008.

Why? Why '08? Where's '09?

just wonderin'
fran

PS...and FWIW, he mentions, I believe in ANOTHER news article, 'If he'd known they were going to take his journals, he would have removed them.' That same aricle went on to say LE said then that THAT would be 'hiding evidence.' or some such thing.....LOL, sorry, don't recall where I saw it, but I believe it was in a Seattle newspaper, online.

PPS...........hmmmm, after watching that video a second or third time, Steven says the journals include info about Susan (not exact words). LE will see that 'she' initiated the 'relationship.' WONDER if this was a SET UP!? :eek: In an attempt to DISCREDIT Susan's family and friends who've denied the allegations that it was Susan and that it was STEVEN?!

Oh, Steven, what have you done? Created a smoke screen, redherrring? Doncha' know it can be looked at from a different angle? IE.............ehhhh, MOTIVE!? That would just leave the MEANS AND OPPORTUNITY. Wow! HOPE you have a GOOD alibi and ehhh................NOT just your family, ie grown adult kids as witnesses. We already know what they would say as you've programmed them very well. WHAT have you done? :nono:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...rrassing-journals/RPOwfy0TTEWDbY2Pt_2FSg.cspx

Police seize Steve Powell's "embarrassing" journals

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I really would not be surprised if he wrote a LOT of incriminating stuff, maybe even keeping incriminating "trophy" evidence.[/QUOTE]

Like Susan's sacred LDS under garments -- too creepy. Bet they find SP's DNA all over them. They were stored in a locked cabinet with SP's other personal items the FBI missed previously.

Thanks Fran for the link. He did say 2000-2008, That's nine years including the time period right after JP & Susan were married and staying at his home. Agree tho, where are the '09 journals?

ETA: Maybe LE should get a warrant for any safe deposit boxes in his or JP's name....if existing.

Maybe the journals, videos and pictures are his trophies. ??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back