Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The state failed to prove their case.

The state claimed the murder weapon was duct tape. So what do you do, you "follow the duct tape".

The defense connected the duct tape to George, over and over again.

How many times did the state connect the duct tape to Casey?

Did the state even ask questions about who had access to the duct tape, was it locked up where only one or a few could get to it, was it missing or moved, had it been used recently or had it been collecting dirt on the torn end?

I can't really fault the state for not asking those questions though. They didn't find that duct tape when they searched the Anthony home so that closed the door to questioning about it or even testimony on it. The problem rested on George's shoulders, he closed the door on them so they couldn't ask him questions like that. He wouldn't claim the same brand of duct tape at the command center as being his or acknowledging any memory of that particular duct tape...that shuts the state completely out and in the eyes of the jury, makes George look like he is trying to disassociate himself from the duct tape (the murder weapon).

A juror is going to ask themselves how often Casey was connected to the duct tape and they saw George disassociate himself from it and they have to ask themselves why?

As far as the verdict goes, Not guilty does not mean the same thing as innocent. Not guilty simply means the evidence wasn't enough to support the claim - but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Trust me, i totally get what you are saying here. It just doesnt make me feel better. My dh thought for sure he was gonna get me back today. he didnt think it was gonna be in the state of depression I am in though. He was really sad for all of us that wanted justice. He saw how much this meant to me. His hug was sooo needed. Sorry guys.

One of the jurors said they he thought she was guilty during jury selection, but the judge asked him if he could set that aside and judge her with and open mind. How did the DT convince him beyond a resonable doubt that she was not guilty???

Also, I just looked up the jurors and was interested to find out what was said about juror 11 and what would become the foreman. Others may have already known this, but I didnt (BBM)...
Juror 11 — The Teacher: White male, 30s, unmarried. A high school physical education and health teacher who believes Casey Anthony is guilty, who also relates the opinion in the teachers’ lounge is that Casey is guilty. In his profession as an educator, says he “had to learn to listen to differing opinions,” and could put aside his leanings in order to fairly judge Casey Anthony. States the death penalty is a “necessary option.”

Nothing. They did not have time to go through the evidence. They got it all wrong-and they know it. That's why they are all silent. I am devastated for Caylee...:banghead:

:hug:

magic-cat............................hugs for you. I agree with your every word. I am devastated as well and I do not think I will ever get over it.

I lost my earlier reply to this. I agree. And I wrote that i felt motive was not proved enough. That really bothered me during the case. I felt they should have put on evidence that Tony Lazzaro did not allow Caylee to spend the night and did not want kids, especially girl children. But, after a couple of days worrying about it, I glossed over it and felt they had enough.

I know motive is not necessary legally, but in actuality, it is. I talked about that on here when it happened (or didn't happen). When the gave their closing, i felt motive was lacking, but I still thought they had enough. But...

I guess I was wrong. They did not have enough. Motive was not shown to them.

This still doesn't make sense, though. Someone was involved in the death of this child. What do they mean, not enough motive? The child is dead under suspicious circumstances and her mother partied for 31 days after the death. Uh, hello...motive. The grandparents and Lee don't have motive unless you believe the stories put on by the defense. Not meant to argue with you, Gitana; I am arguing with the alternate.

Evil won out over good today...how is that possible? It goes against everything I've been taught and everything I believe.
We do not have a justice system in America...we have a legal system and it sucks!
I hope that over the next few weeks the jurors will see how wrong they were and I hope they can live with the fact that they set a baby killer free.

Trust me, i totally get what you are saying here. It just doesnt make me feel better. My dh thought for sure he was gonna get me back today. he didnt think it was gonna be in the state of depression I am in though. He was really sad for all of us that wanted justice. He saw how much this meant to me. His hug was sooo needed. Sorry guys.

Oh wow I totally agree. I so wanted my life back. After watching day in and day out both myself and my family wanted this to be over with. I just never thought it would end like this. Now I just feel so horrible like I can't move on. I am depressed and I feel even worse knowing it is affecting my family especially my kids. I got to pick myself up and move on somehow. My first step is turning off the TV!

When I listened to the facts of this case, she was guilty of at least aggravated child abuse. That little girl depended on her mother to be protected, and she was killed. Nobody on the jury would ever convince me to vote not guilty. I am a father, so nuff said.

I just listened to a clip of the phone interview with the alternate juror Russell Heuckler. I'm not sure how to include a link, but it's on Youtube.

At around :56, he says something like, "That was a big factor in our decision."

But he was an alternate. Not part of the deliberations. Could the jury have made up their minds as a group and discussed this along the way? Or is he just speaking for the jurors?

ita.. the way he kept resisting with that darn duct tape on the gas cans. He never gave a straight answer for anything. He did look guilty I don't care what anyone says, the man acted like he was trying to hide something.
Did you watch the same trial I did?

I am wondering if the lady that was leaving for her trip to Europe on July 7th......assigned herself as
Foreperson! Then she took control and things would have gone downhill from there!

Dear God.....Please take care of your Special Angel....Caylee Marie Anthony!

I am ashamed to be a Floridian today.

:hug:

Oh, ScubaTwinn, please don't feel that way! There are many, many wonderful people in Florida and you are one of them. I have family there as well.

The sheer volume of people outside that courthouse (and across the country) that are so upset proves that there are many, many people who do not agree with the verdict.

I do not hold Floridians responsible for what I consider this travesty of justice. I cannot help but hold it against this jury for not taking time to even look at the evidence just one more time before rendering such an unjust verdict. MOO

The state failed to prove their case.

The state claimed the murder weapon was duct tape. So what do you do, you "follow the duct tape".

The defense connected the duct tape to George, over and over again.

How many times did the state connect the duct tape to Casey?

Did the state even ask questions about who had access to the duct tape, was it locked up where only one or a few could get to it, was it missing or moved, had it been used recently or had it been collecting dirt on the torn end?

I can't really fault the state for not asking those questions though. They didn't find that duct tape when they searched the Anthony home so that closed the door to questioning about it or even testimony on it. The problem rested on George's shoulders, he closed the door on them so they couldn't ask him questions like that. He wouldn't claim the same brand of duct tape at the command center as being his or acknowledging any memory of that particular duct tape...that shuts the state completely out and in the eyes of the jury, makes George look like he is trying to disassociate himself from the duct tape (the murder weapon).

A juror is going to ask themselves how often Casey was connected to the duct tape and they saw George disassociate himself from it and they have to ask themselves why?

As far as the verdict goes, Not guilty does not mean the same thing as innocent. Not guilty simply means the evidence wasn't enough to support the claim - but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I wonder if they should go after George now.

I don't see how the jury could have possibly taken the time to go through the evidence and review/analyze what was presented to them.
They somehow decided to believe the baby accidentally drowned vs. the little crying girl with the ruffled shirts and ponytail/twisty bun (and her chair adjusted lower to look smaller than everybody on her DT) at the defense table could have intentionally killed her daughter.

I can't stand it but that's what I believe.
I'm so disheartened right now. It's as if much of the general public learned nothing from the O.J. trial. I can only hope that the universe tries to set this right in some way for Caylee's sake.

didn't one of the jurors say that his wife has been following this case from the beginning? Wonder what his life will be like when he gets home?? This just makes me SICK!!

Yep. That was juror #6, the Chef. I was just thinking the same thing a few minutes ago. Wifey won't be happy with him.

ita.. the way he kept resisting with that darn duct tape on the gas cans. He never gave a straight answer for anything. He did look guilty I don't care what anyone says, the man acted like he was trying to hide something.

Trouble with GA is he lied so much when they were in cover up for ICA mode that he could not now tell the truth and be believable.
Once he discovered they were gunning for him he was in a catch 22.
All of the A's lies have entangled them so much it's just not possible for them to be honest now if they wanted...

Big factor or not...does not excuse the fact that Caylee died on Casey's watch! At least child abuse. 31 days of not reporting her child missing ....???

Trouble with GA is he lied so much when they were in cover up for ICA mode that he could not now tell the truth and be believable.
Once he discovered they were gunning for him he was in a catch 22.
All of the A's lies have entangled them so much it's just not possible for them to be honest now if they wanted...

This is exactly what happened. The Anthony family was used by Baez to put bad information out there time and time again. He got them to lie and he got them to cover. Once they were locked into their testimony he turned on them. It makes me sad. They sold their souls.

I don't see how the jury could have possibly taken the time to go through the evidence and review/analyze what was presented to them.
They somehow decided to believe the baby accidentally drowned vs. the little crying girl with the ruffled shirts and ponytail/twisty bun (and her chair adjusted lower to look smaller than everybody on her DT) at the defense table could have intentionally killed her daughter.

I can't stand it but that's what I believe.
I'm so disheartened right now. It's as if much of the general public learned nothing from the O.J. trial. I can only hope that the universe tries to set this right in some way for Caylee's sake.

Even if you try to look at it from their point of view, that an accident might have occurred, where does driving around with a rotting child in your car come into an accident scenario? They left their common sense at home.

I am wondering if the lady that was leaving for her trip to Europe on July 7th......assigned herself as
Foreperson! Then she took control and things would have gone downhill from there!

Dear God.....Please take care of your Special Angel....Caylee Marie Anthony!

Some posters here looked it up this morning and said she was not even on the jury, that the media has been going on with this in error...

Yep. That was juror #6, the Chef. I was just thinking the same thing a few minutes ago. Wifey won't be happy with him.

I wonder how many marriages will break up over this? Not trying to be negative....just thinking. I was watching one news station (wftv?) that said a husband and wife were in a huge fight outside the courthouse about the verdict, before it was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double