• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the jury must have decided a few weeks ago and tuned out. They clearly gathered that they were not going to see whatever type of proof they expected and wanted to convict. And I think George Anthony did more harm than good-he came off as dishonest no matter what he said. I also think that the State erred in not calling Roy Kronk first-it looked shifty to me, who didn't know the back story, as though they were hiding something. And I blame the officer who did not get Caylee's remains on August 11th...I think it would have made a difference all around.

I thought JB did a good closing and I was not blown away by LDB, like most others were. She was good in a theatrical sort of way, but she had to be, because the hard evidence was not there, IMO.

What do people think the jury was thinking? Did they believe the George Anthony storyline? Did they believe she did it but just thought there was not enough evidence to show definitely? If the latter, why wouldn't they have convicted her of something, at least w dumping the body?

Or perhaps they believed it was an accident, baby hit her head or drowned, and Casey dumped the body. Still I don't see how you would not have convicted her of SOMETHING unless you bought the Georg Anthony story.

Would they really have believed that? Does anyone on here believe that story?

I can see how they may have believed 1st degree was not proven but there is absolutely no reasonable excuse for guilty on all counts. None. Something is wrong here.

Here's the thing. Pinellas county is very conservative. Florida is very bad for criminal defendants. Yes, there were uneducated people on that jury but there were several with educations and smarts. Yet all 12 found the state did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. ALL 12!!!

I cannot believe that all 12 were stealth jurors. Something went terribly wrong in this case. Common sense did NOT prevail but it is obvious that common sense is not enough.

I thought they did a great job with the forensics but I guess the CSI effect is still in operation.

I don't know but this is a horrible day for me. It is a sick feeling for not only me but all of my family and friends, most of whom have NOT followed the case as I have, who are blowing up my phone in shock.

The whole country is watching this and the great majority are appalled, as they were with the OJ case. casey got away with murder. But I guess, the jury sat down and felt when they read those jury instructions, that there just was not enough.

Gitana, what do you think about the jury returning it's verdict relatively quickly? That seems to say the state had serious problems with it's case.

What do people think the jury was thinking? Did they believe the George Anthony storyline? Did they believe she did it but just thought there was not enough evidence to show definitely? If the latter, why wouldn't they have convicted her of something, at least w dumping the body?

Or perhaps they believed it was an accident, baby hit her head or drowned, and Casey dumped the body. Still I don't see how you would not have convicted her of SOMETHING unless you bought the Georg Anthony story.

BBM

NO, it was total BS meant to confuse the jury. Like the SA said, who makes an accident look like murder?

I hope the jury researches the case now.

They will feel sick when they realize what they have done.

BBM. I doubt they'll bother to research anything if they couldn't be bothered to take a few days to examine the evidence and come up with a reasonable verdict. I don't think they cared all that much, frankly. Certainly not enough to go research it now.

If Casey is what most of us believe she is, she'll be back. This isn't the last we'll hear of her. It took awhile, but look where OJ is now.

I really agree with this. casey's life will be much different now. Her friends have abandoned her. The friends she will have now will be different and odd. The guys who will want her will be losers.

She is guilty of murder, even if the court did not declare her legally guilty but the truth of what she did will cast a shadow on her revolting life, for the rest of it.

Yes, she will make money but she will go through it quickly because she is a sociopath with no understanding of the real world or money or whatever. She will end up poor at some point and with a miserable circle of people around her.

At least I hope so! I was so certain for most of the last three years that casey would be found guilty of something that would get her some time, but I was terribly wrong so now I am seriously lacking confidence about anything!

I can see how they may have believed 1st degree was not proven but there is absolutely no reasonable excuse for guilty on all counts. None. Something is wrong here.

ITA. I can understand not getting to 1st degree but how about the lesser charges? Really, nothing? And yes, something is very wrong here.

Reasonable doubt does not merely mean that an alternate scenario can be concocted. In this case, that alternate scenario wasn't even presented in testimony or physical evidence; its sexual abuse grounding was advanced only as an unsubstantiated defense claim.

I think that sequestering juries in extended cases can actually deter justice; during that time, they become an insular community that really doesn't reflect what other people are perceiving.

I think they wanted a charge of covering up a death, or improper disposal of a body...maybe they would have convicted her of those types of charges. But they couldn't find for what the State asked. No one can convince me that they came to this verdict on a whim...if all 12 believed the state did not prove the case to them, then they didn't...IMO

But couldn't they asked JP a question about this? It just shocks me that they deliberated for very little time, and I don't think they asked any questions. If they thought she was guilty of something, wouldn't they want to consult with him about that? I mean, the answer might be, you're stuck with what you've got, but if it were me, I would still ask.

Yes, I think the jury got it wrong.
The minute JB said it was an accidental drowning, doubt in the jury's mind.
The only person who can make this right is George, he has to file a civil suit against Casey for the wrongful death of his granddaughter, he is the only one, besides Casey, that there was no drowning that morning.

One thing for sure, Jo, is Casey will now have to pay the IRS out of any of the blood money she rakes in.

I hope that the civil suit with Zenaida Gonzeles goes forward and she wins it with a big bang!

No, there was no drowning and, IMO, a murderer is being set free.

I think they wanted it all tied up in a neat little bow like an episode of CSI rather than having to actually do any thinking at all. They wanted DNA on everything with video of the crime to back it up. I call people like that lazy thinkers - it's too much work to have to add 2+2 for yourself and come up with 4. People nowadays have to have it all spoonfed to them instead of using any kind of real intelligence, thought process, or common sense.

It's laziness of the highest order; and apparently, the American Way these days.

I agree & we will hear about it. This circus is not over. I do not trust JB.

All I can say is remember OJ and look where he is now.

Salem

Maybe there needs to be an IQ test prior to picking jurists. I can't see how they have a "reasonable doubt" at all.

My thoughts exactly. Low iq jurors are a danger to us all. At the very least there should be a test of critical thinking and susceptibility to logical fallacy.

Does anyone remember what Richard Hornsby said that this trial would be lucrative to future jury members. Is possible that all the jury members found her not guilty to get more money??? It's just a theory I was thinking about. I find it hard to believe that not one jury thought she was guilty!!!

That's what really floors me. They ALL heard what they heard and ALL agreed within just hours on a not guilty verdict. How could that be? How could there not be any dissent at all? I do not understand at all. How can 12 different people come to the same (IMO misguided) decision within hours? Not even one holdout, nothing? (That would probably be a lot of pressure to be a lone holdout, BTW.)

JP bent over backwards to give Casey a fair trial, too, so there could be limited appeals upon a guilty verdict. Maybe that bit the state in the butt a little bit and caused too little evidence to be admitted.

I think George made himself look guilty...he just could not give a straight answer to JB-maybe he was trying to make a statement, i.e. telling Casey to f*&^ off, but it backfired for the state, IMO.

One thing for sure, Jo, is Casey will now have to pay the IRS out of any of the blood money she rakes in.

I hope that the civil suit with Zenaida Gonzeles goes forward and she wins it with a big bang!

No, there was no drowning and, IMO, a murderer is being set free.

BBM. No doubt. You may get away with murdering a 2-year-old child in FL, but you'll never get away with tax evasion.

Reasonable doubt does not merely mean that an alternate scenario can be concocted. In this case, that alternate scenario wasn't even presented in testimony or physical evidence; its sexual abuse grounding was advanced only as an unsubstantiated defense claim.

I think that sequestering juries in extended cases can actually deter justice; during that time, they become an insular community that really doesn't reflect what other people are perceiving.

BBM
That's the part that gets me the worst. You can make OUTLANDISH claims in your OS and never back up a single one of them in court and create reasonable double. Unbelievable! What's wrong with a system that allows this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966