• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
duct tape on the face, thrown away like trash, mom is the last one with the child & doesn't report her missing, 31 days, and NOT EVEN MANSLAUGHTER?!?!?!?! not even MANSLAUGHTER. i can't believe it. the jury got it WRONG imo.

It sickens me that we have soldiers dying everyday in a foreign country fighting for the freedoms of which a murdering mother can go free.

I have a child in the army. I just threw up. I can't believe what our country has become. I have no faith in it anymore.

Maybe the jury believed it was an accident that snowballed out of control.

After all, they did convict her of lying about what happened to Caylee.

Maybe that was one of the lies they were convicting her for.

:dunno:

Just a thought.

I just listened to the alternate juror. I am shocked and can't believe it. Not impressed at all...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/05/meet-jurors-casey-anthony-trial/

“We don’t know how she (Caylee) died,” the alternate juror told Fox News. “It just comes down to probably an accident that the family didn’t know how to cope with…the prosecution failed to show motive.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/05/meet-jurors-casey-anthony-trial/#ixzz1RGqhu700

Not knowing how she died, thinking it was an accident, motive not shown... Wow. I don't understand them. Probably an accident. LOL.

Really. Who covers up an accident?
Only if the accident happened because you were doing something heinous, like drugging your baby to sleep in the trunk of a car and putting duct tape on her mouth so if she wakes up no one hears her crying.

Yes, I also forgot to comment on the death qualified jury. This was NOT a death qualified jury. I don't know why Judge Perry left these people on the jury that he had to practically beg to give a death sentence to. half of them said they could not give the death penalty and could not vote for it yet he finally got them to admit they could 'consider it' whatever that means.

The judge made several pro defense mistakes in this case. The state also made mistakes letting felons and family members of felons on their jury. There were several like this. DUIs, druggies, beatings, robberies etc.

I agree with all this, especially the part I have bolded.

duct tape on the face, thrown away like trash, mom is the last one with the child & doesn't report her missing, 31 days, and NOT EVEN MANSLAUGHTER?!?!?!?! not even MANSLAUGHTER. i can't believe it. the jury got it WRONG imo.

I wish the state had shown that smiling picture of casey on the day her daughter was reported missing, that you have in your siggy. They never did and it is a powerful statement. But given what happened today, I suppose not even that would have swayed them.

I am so confused. All of us are confused. All the legal analysts are gobsmacked.

I cannot believe the alternative juror said they believed Baez arguments on George's credibility, lack of body being in the car, the pet cemetery thing, dysfunctional family, etc.

I could see reasonable doubt maybe but I cannot see how they could have bought all those arguments! Especially the body not being in that car,

Only if the accident happened because you were doing something heinous, like drugging your baby to sleep in the trunk of a car and putting duct tape on her mouth so if she wakes up no one hears her crying.

I believe he said they weren't convinced she was ever in the trunk...yep threw common sense out the window.

I voted the jury got it wrong, that's just how I see it. Not the first time and won't be the last time I guess.

So just what in h3ll do they think happened to Caylee. How in the world can 12 people all believe that she is not guilty of ANYTHING, nothing, nada. Absolutely unbelievable. Seems to me that they just rewarded a murderer for being good enough to hide the body well enough for long enough that no physical evidence remained. Did they even consider that?

Good that they did not speak afterwards ... they should be ashamed and maybe they will be when they find out how much they never got to hear about this case.

I'm so heartbroken that Caylee Marie Anthony will never have justice and her killer becomes a very rich celebrity.

Bbb.... Exactly my thoughts. Way to go Casey, being a liar pays off.

Caylee, I'm so sorry. You deserved so much better.

I am totally blown away by what the alternate juror said. What he based his opinion on is truly scary. You cannot convince me he used any common sense. You just can't.

The alternate juror seems to indicate the lack of a cause of death was huge. I don't know what that means to murder victims who are found too late to determine cause of death. No convictions?

Well, exactly. I think the state pretty much showed that Casey was the last one to be with Caylee before Caylee died. There was no accident that the family as a whole just covered up. The jurors (or at least this alternate) is trying to blame the whole family for a cover-up? Really? A grandfather who is of former law enforcement background and a grandmother who is a nurse wouldn't call 911 if they were present? Bah. Ludicrous IMO. Not calling 911 for your drowned or otherwise harmed child should at least count for the child abuse charge.

Even if you try to look at it from their point of view, that an accident might have occurred, where does driving around with a rotting child in your car come into an accident scenario? They left their common sense at home.

I don't disagree with you.

I just think the jurors chose to believe Casey's story.
Once I realized she was slick enough to blame her father (and somehow Roy Kronk) for the disposal of her child's body (not to mention the heinous accusations of sexual abuse), I knew she was trying to make it so she wouldn't be blamed for Caylee's body being dumped the way it was.
She didn't want to have the charges of aggravated child abuse or manslaughter come into play.
She is a devious entity, that one. That way, it would be all daddy's fault and she could be the ugly-coping young mother with magical thinking.

She knew the DT could focus on GA and all the convoluted lies and she'd come out the poor little abused girl who nobody understands because she's been through sooooooooo much. The jurors chose to believe this vs. the facts, sadly.

I doubt I'll believe any one of them when they finally come out with statements or interviews on how they came to their decision. Especially if they have legal representation and/or "exclusive interviews" with networks who compensate them well for their opinions. Sadly, I think they'll ride it out for the highest bidder.
So will Casey, for that matter.

I wish the state had shown that smiling picture of casey on the day her daughter was reported missing, that you have in your siggy. They never did and it is a powerful statement. But given what happened today, I suppose not even that would have swayed them.

I am so confused. All of us are confused. All the legal analysts are gobsmacked.

Wait till you listen to the alternate juror! You'll be gobsmacked.

Vinnie P is losing it...he is extremely upset with the verdict. He hashed it out with LKB and threw his pencil down..he was truly upset....
Like he said, Caylee left the baby in the swamp to rot.............and she is just going to walk away a free woman..............

I was so interested in this case I listened to anyone who was talking about it. Except LKB. Her glee seems misplaced, somehow. Once again she misses the point that a large part of the viewing audience is interested in the victim, not the defendant. Actually, I liked JBs press conference statement. At least he had some decorum.

The alternate juror seems to indicate the lack of a cause of death was huge. I don't know what that means to murder victims who are found too late to determine cause of death. No convictions?

It means that if you want to kill someone know where to hide the body. Unbelievable. There was absolutely no question that she was dead for crying out loud. How do they think she got in the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member