• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury got it wrong. Just listen to the one we have heard from so far.

After hearing the alt juror I believe without a doubt that the jurors viewed the evidence in terms of that outrageous and dramatic opening statement. Everything they saw they viewed through that lens, this is if the alt juror is a good perspective on the whole jury... Perspective in life is everything, truth unfortunately gets filtered through our own little filters...It just makes me SO sad that they weren't MORE swayed by unproven DT accusations and instead just saw things through that lens. Sad...

I wonder if this was also part of our desensitization and apathy we have in this country now.
Imho, it's the other way around. That is, that some people have become so emotionally invested in this case, that any outcome other than what they want is unacceptable. So much so, that they're now bashing the jury, wanting to name and shame, and some are even stooping to death threats.

The thing is jurors are allowed to dismiss any testimony they don't believe...and apparently they did not believe any of it...

That's what's sad, although we all have tons more information on WS, the jurors took very little notes (according to NG), and just went with what they had ( or didn't have)....

I still want to know how Kronk saw a skull in August and then played with it, moved it and all of a sudden it was in a bag and Casey was in jail. WTH??????????????

I thought they might have discussed it prior to deliberations when I heard that one juror looked at the other during the trial and mouthed "wow".. why would you do that to another juror unless you'd discussed it already..
To me that is discussing it. I guess no court official saw that?
I started following this story when the trial started. I knew Caylee had been found dead with duct tape on her face and that Casey had not reported her missing and partied instead. I thought she was guilty but I was entirely open to some other reasonable explanation. In fact, I waited day after day for the defense to provide anything to make me doubt the charges. I couldn't find a way not to call her guilty.
I'd sure like to know what JP is thinking tonight.

the jury got it wrong ! All you have to do is not talk or lie about everything. Casey will pick up right where she left off as she has no conscience. Let us hope she has no more offspring. She will be a pariah IMO.Jmo

Also...if you as a jury choose to believe the defense theory...why not swallow it all?

I am not agreeing...just stating a fact that the jury was advised about dismissing testimony and they took it a little too literally...

Does the jury get to go home today? Did someone who had to leave stronghold the rest? Are they exhausted and can't think clearly? I don't blame the jurors - I blame the Anthony's who game planned since July 17th - they are to blame for Caylee not getting the justice she deserves. Had they told the truth from day 1 - like any normal person would do I truly believe we would have seen a guilty verdict.

I truly hope the jury goes home to their families and their friends and families say "WTH were you thinking" and that leads these jurors to search out info. I hope they have their "OMG - what the hell have I done!" moment.

I honestly feel so weepy today - like I lost my own child today. RIP Caylee Marie Anthony.

I think its time to have a judge in the room while the jurors are deliberating so he can oversee the interactions and keep them working honestly!

Fine, then please list for me the concrete evidence that Casey killed Caylee.

With all due respect to your opinions, why do you believe that "concrete" evidence is necessary? Under the law, it's not. Circumstantial evidence is like a 500-piece puzzle. Each puzzle piece alone cannot make a picture, but put together, a clear picture of the crime emerges. The kind of concrete evidence you may be looking for, a "smoking gun" like DNA, is especially difficult in cases in which the victim knows the perpetrator. Finding fingerprints and DNA in a stranger-rape case would lead to a conviction, but in this case would mean nothing, as CAsey was Caylee's mom, and of course there would be fingerprints and DNA (if any had been found).
A better question would be: what evidence could have been presented that would make you believe she was guilty?

I really thought the State proved their case. I think the jury thought there was too much conflicting testimony from the experts. I kept wondering though why the State didn't bring in so much other evidence that I thought could have came up. Maybe the State became too overconfident so they didn't feel the need to bring in other evidence!

I think that the State, although they didn't have to prove motive, it was a mistake that they tried to. The state suggested the motive was simply that KC wanted to be free, but in my mind she had a better reason to keep her daughter alive, since I thought KC's parents were lenient with KC because of Caylee. I think the State should not have brought up motive.

Actually, depending on the jury's reasons for not convicting ICA, I have to say this should bolster faith in our justice system. The SAO's office brought a death penalty case for a case without any hard, indisputable evidence, other than being able to prove the accused is a pathological liar. They were never able to prove the how, the place, or the who in this case. Had it not been a death penalty case, I believe the result of ICA having to pay for her actions would have been assured. I said it before, when talking about the death penalty, I would need fingerprints, or video, or receipts for chloroform ingredients, or credible eye witness testimony when deciding whether or not to put someone to do death. Do I want her miserable each and every day for the rest of her life? Yes. But the ultimate sanction must be reserved for those who commit heinous crimes with indisputable and obvious proof. I don't think this jury deserves to be vilified. She is a despicable human being and I hope for nothing but misfortune in her future. And no one should ever mistake this as being a "win" for the defense. They were bumbling disasters. Their client was fortunate and lucky that there was no damning evidence of what happened to cause her daughter's death. JB, CM and DS should slither back under their rocks now.

Actually, depending on the jury's reasons for not convicting ICA, I have to say this should bolster faith in our justice system. The SAO's office brought a death penalty case for a case without any hard, indisputable evidence, other than being able to prove the accused is a pathological liar. They were never able to prove the how, the place, or the who in this case. Had it not been a death penalty case, I believe the result of ICA having to pay for her actions would have been assured. I said it before, when talking about the death penalty, I would need fingerprints, or video, or receipts for chloroform ingredients, or credible eye witness testimony when deciding whether or not to put someone to do death. Do I want her miserable each and every day for the rest of her life? Yes. But the ultimate sanction must be reserved for those who commit heinous crimes with indisputable and obvious proof. I don't think this jury deserves to be vilified. She is a despicable human being and I hope for nothing but misfortune in her future. And no one should ever mistake this as being a "win" for the defense. They were bumbling disasters. Their client was fortunate and lucky that there was no damning evidence of what happened to cause her daughter's death. JB, CM and DS should slither back under their rocks now.

Agree and that is all it takes.

evidence against the elements of the various charges as outlined in the jury instructons. I sense they couldn't be bothered. Too much work-kinda like Casey-maybe they related. These were not intellectually curious people seeking to fairly and thoroughly evaluate the evidence brought before them at a cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars to the state of Florida. I said in another post the Florida taxpayers should be able to sue these jurors.

You make good point but I think they were fed up with all of it. They had a room full of evidence to go through, they had been "promised" they would be home for the holidays. I think they grabbed for any doubt they could hang their hat on and never looked back.. Simply they were fed up with the BS sad but I think true. In this day and age everybody is a victim and it is always somebody else's fault.:crazy:

:banghead::maddening::maddening:

There was a lot of worrying that Juror # 4 would get it wrong ...

Jurors 1-12 ALL GOT IT WRONG !!!

:banghead::banghead:

I cried when I heard that verdict. I honestly believe she is a sociopath...sociopathy is an equal opportunity employer .. why can't people understand woman can be sociopaths as well as men. It's a travesty that this woman lied, lied and lied, partied like a fiend and will walk and live that beautiful life like she wanted. I am sickened by this. We have a 2 tier system .. justice is served for the rich, famous, and high profile cases. I would love to see a change to that system. No justice for that beautiful Caylee!

and paints people who don't agree with a rather broad brush. Every jury does not take their job seriously and do it well. Especially with a high profile, sequestered case that had a rushed jury selection, the jury you get may be composed of intelligent rational people who take this as a solemn obligation or maybe not. I am not personally invested in this case and only began following it for the trial. I knew about the case back when it happened but never followed it closely. Guilty people go free. Sometimes the jury makes an honest mistake. Sometimes the jury didn't really care. If one honestly believes this jury performed their duties in a proper manner fine. But some of us may not believe that and it doesn't mean we're acting on emotion and not common sense. I have seen parents convicted of manslaughter or aggravated child abuse for much less than what JB admitted Casey did-find daughter drowned, don't see help, lie and mislead authorities who expend thousands of dollars searching for her, etc etc. Seriously, people think she was guilty of nothing but lying...really?

Imho, it's the other way around. That is, that some people have become so emotionally invested in this case, that any outcome other than what they want is unacceptable. So much so, that they're now bashing the jury, wanting to name and shame, and some are even stooping to death threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus