• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing: If I were a juror on a capital case (I never will be, they'd use all their scratches on me) the very first thing I'd do is make certain I understood the charges involved, top to bottom-front to back-inside and out. The second thing I'd do is take notes-good ones-throughout the presentation. Then, I'd deliberate with my fellow jurors until we were all certain, beyond reasonable doubt, of a verdict.

It bothers me that half of the jurors being interviewed seem confused about the charges. Not one of them took a single note the entire proceeding! A few of them believed they were sentencing, not just finding a verdict. All of them were "certain" enough to acquit after hardly any deliberation. It is without a doubt a JURY problem!!! They absolutely dropped the ball here. Kudos to the defense for picking the right people to set their client free....

Unless I missed it, why didn't the state make a big chart of her cell pings or hammer on them, at least? I still don't know exactly where she was when...how could the jury grasp that information (had they tried)?

Unless I missed it, why didn't the state make a big chart of her cell pings or hammer on them, at least? I still don't know exactly where she was when...how could the jury grasp that information (had they tried)?

Well George testified that Casey left with Caylee, and then he left for work, and then she came back home like she always did, which the SA explained. I dont think the SA had any idea that the jury would actually believe that he was lying about something like that, I mean, he isnt on trial. Maybe they could have made it clearer, but I think they figured that if for any reason the jury doubted George about her leaving with Caylee, they would ask for the cell pings and verify it.

But even if the SA had hammered home the cell pings, would it really make a difference to these people? There was so much other evidence that is just as convincing, that they just ignored anyway.

About a mystery babysitter, I dont get where that is coming from. Nothing supports that. I dont know about anyone else, but I know what happened and it happened at Casey;s house. She killed Caylee there with chloroform and duct tape, then put her in the trunk so she could go to Tony's. Or she knocked Caylee out with chloroform, put duct tape on her, and put her in the trunk and went on her way to Tony's, and Caylee died as a result (which is still felony murder). I dont understand the need to add all these other theories that arent supported in any way by evidence, when we have an explanation that is supported by all the evidence.

Juror #3, if you are getting death threats, nasty letters, etc., maybe get yourself off TV for awhile until this maybe dies down. The more you are on trying to help us understand your verdict, the more the anger grows. ssssshhhhhhh go away.

You're right DesSands, Murphy seems to want to throw a new element into this story. And, it can give pause and have us thinking in a new direction.

But see, even you assume Casey met Toni at his apartment and they left for the movie store from there. We don't really know the circumstances behind the cars and where the date began. I think this is important.

Knowing the particulars about the cars, might give us a hint to what happened. Did Casey find a sitter for that night, and gave up her car with Caylee to this mystery sitter. Could Caylee have met her fate then?

I do not believe the drowning story. But, who sits in jail for three years when it's supposed to be an accidential death? Was Casey (hard to believe) covering for someone?

See, without the facts of the cars that night, I find my imagination going wild and finding questions that need answered. The events the evening of June 16 isn't clear to me. Dam you Wendy Murphy! Quit throwing a monkey wrench into this.
jmo

I do not have a clue what Wendy Murphy's theory is but I do know a witness said Casey showed up at their house on the 17th driving Tony's jeep.

http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days.htm

Juror #3, if you are getting death threats, nasty letters, etc., maybe get yourself off TV for awhile until this maybe dies down. The more you are on trying to help us understand your verdict, the more the anger grows. ssssshhhhhhh go away.

I was just listening to her. She needs to just quit talking. The more she talks, the worse it gets. I am getting sicker and sicker. I don't think she had the slightest idea what they were supposed to do.

I was just listening to her. She needs to just quit talking. The more she talks, the worse it gets. I am getting sicker and sicker. I don't think she had the slightest idea what they were supposed to do.

And what's even more scary, Jennifer Ford is studying to be a NURSE!!!!!!!!!!

bbm
I do believe this is just more proof about the dumbing down of Americans.
We are no longer a society that wants to use the brains we were born with.
Unless it s p e l l e d out in perfect black and white then it's just too much work to try to figure it out. At any rate, I'm still in disbelief.

Sooo true! It is crazy to think we even need a Caylees law, Casey, the mother is the last know person to be with the child, doesnt report her missing ever (Cindy did)and that isnt already a crime by way of common sense or how we would judge. My God, this is really becoming a ridiculous society.

I agree! just stay away from TV! she not helping her self at all or jury.

:banghead:

IMO - She loves the cameras on her. She said she was getting threats with a smile on her face. I don't believe she's getting threats or she would have shut her pie hole by now. Perhaps she can be Casey's new bff. It would not surprise me if we see them out in public together enjoying every camera pointed at them. The jury had people standing at attention every time they got up or sat down (including the judge). I think it went to her head and she really thinks she's important. What she doesn't realize (or care) is people are looking at her thinking, 'what an idiot'.

snipped quote
IA; I have to hope some good comes of this. Maybe they need to end sequestration. Maybe the jury instructions needs to be made easier. Clearly they needed a picture book in this case to explain the instructions. I mean I admit I got bored listening to the instructions and thought JP could have done better in the explination but they had a physical copy in their hands that they could have read, which they didn't, so I don't know...[/QUOTE]

JBP should have used JB wrinkled dollar store big pad and drew colorful picture boards for this jury. Maybe that would have made more sense since it seems no one wanted to bother trying to read the directions.:waitasec::loser::crazy::innocent:

Might have held their attention more with a lot of pretty colors:crazy:

I dont want to discount Caylees law but I really think most people should think harder about efforts into a law that defies common decency of what a society should expect. I believe a Mother that was accountable at time of "gone misssing" lied and refused to help her missing daughter in anyway, should be accountable for the childs death regardless of who killed her. once we start questioning something so basic it opens the floodgates.
Maybe the money, effort would be better used to update the jury system. This is the root of this problem. It still could be called Caylees law but it would be so much more productive than allowing deadbeat Moms what 24-48 hours before it is a felony. I mean really?.....Sorry, I know it is meant in good faith but if society doesnt already realize this, what is next?

Wendy Murphy knows nothing. If you heard her on Vinnie Politan yesterday, it was laughable. Casey had her car. She probably drove to Tony;s and they went in his car. Im pretty sure her car was at his complex while she was with him

I understand what you mean here Solange, but you say you're "pretty sure her car was at his complex." But how "sure" are you? Was there evidence of this arrangement? Did she drive with him in his car to the movie store? I for one would like to know how this all went down.

I can be just as "sure" that she drove her car to Toni's complex and was with someone else who took her car and left with Caylee, all of which was pre-arranged. Which means, I am not "sure" at all this happened.

Maybe I'm just too hung up on the possesion of her car that evening.

jmo

About that juror who said felt she couldn't judge people....she did though, she judged that ICA was not guilty of murdering Caylee Marie. Exactly how did she determine that?

About that juror who said felt she couldn't judge people....she did though, she judged that ICA was not guilty of murdering Caylee Marie. Exactly how did she determine that?

Sounds like juror #11 did the judging for her.

It's okay to judge people innocent, it's judging their guilt that is a problem I guess.

I understand what you mean here Solange, but you say you're "pretty sure her car was at his complex." But how "sure" are you? Was there evidence of this arrangement? Did she drive with him in his car to the movie store? I for one would like to know how this all went down.

I can be just as "sure" that she drove her car to Toni's complex and was with someone else who took her car and left with Caylee, all of which was pre-arranged. Which means, I am not "sure" at all this happened.

Maybe I'm just too hung up on the possesion of her car that evening.

jmo

It is what people do. You go to your boyfriends house to spend the night, you park there, and if you guys go out you go in your boyfriends car.

What you say isnt unreasonable at all, but I think the scenario above is more likely since no one else came forward, and I think Tony would have known if Casey had let someone take her car. He cooperated fully with the police to the point of wearing a wire and having his place searched. It wasnt mentioned I think at trial because I think they thought it was understood, neither side claimed anything otherwise. But like I said, what you say isnt unreasonable, I just think we would have heard otherwise if that is what happened.

Circumstantial evidence is evidence in which an inference is required to connect it to a conclusion of fact. By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly&#8212;i.e., without need for any additional evidence or the intervening inference. It is the nature of circumstantial evidence for more than one explanation to still be possible. Inference from one piece of circumstantial evidence may not guarantee accuracy. Circumstantial evidence usually accumulates into a collection, so that the pieces then become corroborating evidence. Together, they may more strongly support one particular inference over another. An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more valid as proof of a fact when the alternative explanations have been ruled out.<<SOURCE: TRANS-LEX.ORG LAW RESEARCH
Example: If someone was charged with theft of money and was then seen in a shopping spree purchasing expensive items, the shopping spree might be circumstantial evidence of the individual's guilt. If the person denies the shopping spree and attempts to cover up everything purchased, that is further circumstantial evidence. If the person claims someone else purchased the items and hid them in her closet when the items are discovered, that is even more circumstantial evidence.
Or if a person claims that a family member is missing when in actuality they are deceased, the cover up is circumstantial evidence of the individual's guilt.

The most important piece of circumstantial evidence in the Casey Anthony case was her BEHAVIOR around the time of the offense. There was a MOUNTAIN of circumstantial evidence.

1. When a person uncharacteristically disappears for a MONTH after the disappearance of her child, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

2. When she makes up a story about a FAKE NANNY kidnapping their child at the time her child is missing, that is tremendous CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

3. When she LIES to the POLICE about why her daughter is missing, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.When a person lies to friends and family, claiming their child is ALIVE when they are actually DEAD, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

4. When the words "how to make chloroform" was searched on her computer numerous times and traces of it are found in her trunk, which also smells of human decomposition, that is EVIDENCE.

5. When the "missing" child ends up in a bag in the woods 6 months later, that is EVIDENCE.

6. When duct tape is found near the face of a dead child, that is EVIDENCE.

7. When the defendant is seen at Blockbuster happily renting videos the evening that her child went missing and/or died, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

8. When the defendant is out dancing after her baby disappears or dies, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

9. When a person appears happy or even "giddy" after the offense, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

10. When a person does not appear SAD when their child is missing or dead, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

11. When a person gets a tattoo that says "Beautiful Life" a few days after their child supposedly "accidentally drowned" that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

12. When numerous experts, along with cadaver dogs, testify to the smell of human decomposition being in her trunk, that is EVIDENCE.

13. When numerous experts state that the components found in her trunk are consistent with human decomposition, that is EVIDENCE. When that same car has been ABANDONED by the defendant, that is CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

14. When a hair from Caylee's head is found in the trunk with indication of human decomposition, that is EVIDENCE.

15. When a mother tells people that she spoke to her DEAD child a month after she died....circumstantial evidence doesn't get much stronger than that. A mother could never claim she spoke to her dead child if she was not covering up her own contribution to her death. It goes against the laws of motherhood and loving a child. Most mothers had rather stay in prison for the rest of their lives rather than utter those words.

The reason why Casey went free is because the jurors were IGNORANT of the LAW. Jennifer Ford is the perfect example of how it happened. She thinks you have to know CAUSE of death in order to convict someone. She thinks there was more evidence that there was a drowning although there was ZERO evidence of a drowning. There was ZERO circumstantial evidence of a drowning. She thinks you have to know HOW someone died in order to convict them. Not all murders have a bullet Ms Ford. Does ANYONE know how Laci Peterson died? No. Yet Scott Peterson still got First Degree Murder and was put on death row. For a very good reason. The jury followed the law and looked at the circumstantial evidence and came to the determination through logic and reasoning that Scott Peterson more than likely is the person who killed his wife. This means they had no REASONABLE DOUBT that anyone else killed her.

People are too busy watching CSI to understand how most murder cases are determined. IT IS THROUGH CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE. Just like in the Scott Peterson case. He got the death penalty with MUCH less circumstantial evidence than there was against Casey Anthony. For centuries we have been convicting murderers before forensics even existed. Forensics are quite often not there. Life is not a TV show.

Anyone complaining about people being upset that Casey Anthony went free, if they want to say that there was no evidence against Casey Anthony and that the jury did the right thing....then maybe they should campaigning for Scott Peterson's release from prison because obviously they believe he was wrongly accused.

<respectfully snipped for space>

Anyone complaining about people being upset that Casey Anthony went free, if you want to say that there was no evidence against Casey Anthony and that the jury did the right thing....then maybe they should campaigning for Scott Peterson's release from prison because obviously they believe he was wrongly accused.

This post deserves much more than just a "thanks". This post nails it right on the head! Someone needs to forward this post to the Pinnellas 12, every member of the defense and prosecution team, the judge and every single talking head out there today!

Thank you!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members