Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 107 12.3%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 634 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.7%

• Total voters
I have a niggling thought that she may have taken pictures with his camera of old/earlier pictures she had. Her hair seems lighter in the braids.
And from the time the new picture of her was taken in the rental car of her new color, when and where did she have time to braid her hair??

And from the time the new picture of her was taken in the rental car of her new color, when and where did she have time to braid her hair??

Men love it when ladies "dress-up" & "role play".

I don't think Travis knew Jodi would be stopping by in Mesa on her way to Utah.

But, when she showed up in Mesa at 4 a.m. begging to just stay one night on her way to see another guy, it would be hard to say no. Travis knew Jodi cared more about him than he did about her when he was having sex with her while she was living in Mesa. Despite being repulsed by her stalking, Travis might have felt some responsibility because he'd given Jodi hope by giving in and sleeping with her. Manipulative Jodi knew how to play on Travis's guilt and his weakness to her charms.

So with Jodi "stranded" and without a place to go in the wee hours of the morning, despite Travis being done with her, it would take a pretty cold heart to not let Jodi "in". Even though Travis had DUMPED Jodi in no uncertain terms in May, Jodi was still someone Travis had cared for and there would have been guilt for the "not nice words" he'd used doing the dumping. If I were Travis, even though Jodi deserved every mean word, I'd still have felt like a cad for "breaking Jodi's heart" by making promises in the beginning of the relationship and later having sex with her after he knew she wasn't the "one". And, I imagine that Jodi was apologizing so sincerely, crying pitifully and swearing it was "just this one last time". Stalker or not, Jodi had never harmed Travis before, it was flattering to have a woman SO smitten & adoring & begging for his attention. NOW, she just wanted a place to sleep. Rationally, Jodi lived a 1000 miles away AND she was "on her way to see another man". Jodi was saying she was "moving on". So "what harm" could come from letting Jodi "in"?

After Travis let Jodi sleep over, I think Travis would have gone along with waiting for Jodi to braid her hair for a photo-shoot that would give Travis the chance to show off his NEW camera.

How many men could resist the chance to show off a "new toy" to a fellow gadget enthusiast? Especially in such a fun way?

Just my opinion.

After Jodi "slept over", Travis would have let Jodi "prepare" for a "photo-shoot" that would give him a chance to show off his NEW camera.

IF Jodi even slept that night.

Maybe Jodi braided her hair, got her "killing equipment" in place and then stripped down, while Travis slept.

If Jodi's seduction didn't work and make Travis realize he'd made the biggest mistake in his life when he let Jodi go, she was going to MAKE SURE, he didn't spend eternity with another. Travis's blog made it clear that he WAS looking for a wife and if that had happened, according to Travis's beliefs, Travis would eternally belong to another woman if he married.

Jodi made every preparation to keep THAT from happening.

In my opinion.

One more thought about WHEN Jodi braided her hair...when I was "dating" my husband and slept over, I used to get up at 6 a.m. to put on my makeup and fix my hair. I didn't want my prospect to see the "real" me.

I'm guessing that Jodi was also a "get up early & get fixed up for your man" kind of girl. She even asked for her makeup so that she'd look hotter in her mugshot.

If Travis didn't awaken until 1 p.m., Jodi had LOTS of opportunity to get fixed up before Travis woke up. She had fresh makeup on in her pictures. I can see Jodi fixing her face, braiding her hair, getting naked and being ready to say, "Surprise! Let's take some pictures!!" as soon as Travis opened his eyes.

In my opinion.

I voted no for all the above reasons AND the fact that when Detective Flores asked her that, she stone-walled to the max.... every time!

I like this reasoning and have never heard anyone mention it here or on HLN. However, I have not read everything on Websleuths - not by a long shot!!

Aside from TA having an important Conference Call to attend, the way I believe it most Obvious, Guaranteed, that TA did NOT know JA was coming is because IF he did, there would be NO Reason for her to go through ALL the multitude ways she did of trying to hide the fact that she was in Arizona. She wouldn't know if he would have told any of his Room-mates, friends or family that she was coming, thus no reason for her to take all those "I was Never in Arizona" moves

I disagree, sort of. Most of his friends knew of her stalking and I'm sure they told him he should never see her again. And I think Travis agreed and told them he wouldn't. It was Jodi that wanted to make sure no one saw her. So, on that fateful day, Travis let her in one more time and she slaughtered him. What a waste Jodi Ann Arias is. Lock her away, shut her up, kill her. I don't care. I never want to think about her again.

I think Travis had arranged with Jodi to be there, and Jodi had made clear to him not to tell anyone. It seemed like Travis was hiding his relationship with Jodi at that time anyway. If Jodi had hypothetically shown up without an invitation, Travis could get upset and not welcome her. I think Jodi laid a well-thought out, Einstein I.Q. (smirk :) ) plot. Jodi knew she was going to murder Travis, so she didn't want anyone suspecting she had been to his place (gas cans, white car, upside down license plates that 3 kids on skateboards flipped....lol....). I think that Jodi had s@x with Travis and then said something along the lines of, "We are made for one another.....it is you and me who should be going to Cancun", and when Travis didn't respond positively, Jodi executed her plan.

I think the real question is why did Jodi leave the photo memory card in the washing machine
. Even if Jodi thought it was destroyed, you would think she would take it with her and dump it with the knife and the gun, etc. Maybe she was in a fog....

Last, I was in a thrift shop yesterday and they had a locked case of knives. Scary.

Einsquat ain't as smart as she thinks she is. I find it richly ironic a Camera would lead to her undoing. Maybe God had something to do with or Travis' spirit or kismet. We'll never know, but she has an eternity to beat herself up over such a stupid mistake. Here's hoping she beats her head against her cell wall day after day after day....all she has now is time....tick freaking tock...

Einsquat ain't as smart as she thinks she is. I find it richly ironic a Camera would lead to her undoing. Maybe God had something to do with or Travis' spirit or kismet. We'll never know, but she has an eternity to beat herself up over such a stupid mistake. Here's hoping she beats her head against her cell wall day after day after day....all she has now is time....tick freaking tock...

I'm convinced that the camera in the washing machine was divine intervention.

I think the camera going into the washing machine was an accident. She had stripped the bed and gotten the bloody towels together and somehow (and now we know a miracle) it was scooped up with everything. I think she even tried to return to the house during her trip down for the memorial to see if she could find it. But ultimately the camera and memory card did her in. And the accidental photos that were taken were another miracle from above. I firmly believe in God, and in my opinion HE was even caught off guard, but made sure that she was not going to walk away from this horrible sin.

Why would she want to make it look like they had sex before she killed him if her alibi was that she was never there? Why would she then delete the photos if she'd wanted them on the camera?

I think she transferred the photos to his new camera card originally so they would be seen by Mimi & Travis- maybe- or just Travis- proving her intent to blackmail him.

Something about those shots just seems off- and her hair seems blonder in front than in that driving shot.

She also took pictures of his horrible murder by her hand, and deleted those too.

As I stated earlier, I have no idea what numerous evil ideas ran through her head. With the card being washed, all the pics have various discolorations... just a thought.

Wasn't her camera card found there too? I know I saw of pic of both cards together- but ? as to where hers was.

ETA: I'm not sure if she didn't bring her camera strap too-

If you are practiced at it, braiding your own hair doesn't have to take very long. I used to not know how to braid my own hair, then I figured out how to do it without looking, now I can braid a top pony behind my head instantaneously.

I had no idea.
And Jodi's hair is nowhere near that length and thickness. So time to braid it really isn't a factor, it's the dyeing it that takes time.

This may have been answered, I did not read this complete forum, but someone asked about TA and JA making phone calls on June 3rd, on her trip there. I am almost sure that someone testified that there were some calls between them on the 3rd, perhaps 2 from Travis's phone and 3 from Jodi's (don't quote me on that), but we do not know WHAT was said. Now, Jodi said that Travis was trying to coax her to come by his house to see him, but I don't believe that for a second. Her statement was that they were calling each other back and forth about whether she would come to his house, but I would say that is another untruth. Someone who remembers it better can correct me. Thanks.

This may have been answered, I did not read this complete forum, but someone asked about TA and JA making phone calls on June 3rd, on her trip there. I am almost sure that someone testified that there were some calls between them on the 3rd, perhaps 2 from Travis's phone and 3 from Jodi's (don't quote me on that), but we do not know WHAT was said. Now, Jodi said that Travis was trying to coax her to come by his house to see him, but I don't believe that for a second. Her statement was that they were calling each other back and forth about whether she would come to his house, but I would say that is another untruth. Someone who remembers it better can correct me. Thanks.

Jodi called him 10 or 11 times that day while Travis only called her twice. The Verizon guy testified to this. IMO, she was calling Travis mainly to see if anyone else was at his house.

If Ryan Burns had been her main reason for her road trip and Travis was not originally on her list of stops, then why only ONE phone call to Ryan Burns on June 3rd and 10 to Travis? Makes no sense, to quote Nurmi. Indeed, that only phone call to Burns on June 3rd was the last phone call she made before she turned off her cell phone. That's not at all consistent with her story.

If you are practiced at it, braiding your own hair doesn't have to take very long. I used to not know how to braid my own hair, then I figured out how to do it without looking, now I can braid a top pony behind my head instantaneously.

The braids may have been part of her disguise.

I think she braided her hair so it could be out the way during this murder smh. Of course she probably thought this would keep her DNA bulletproof. Yet that lone hair still made it to the wall.

I still don't believe that the "naughty" pics were taken that day. I think that she took pictures of pictures to plant on his new camera with something else in mind before everything went awol.

moo

I think she transferred the photos to his new camera card originally so they would be seen by Mimi & Travis- maybe- or just Travis- proving her intent to blackmail him.

Something about those shots just seems off- and her hair seems blonder in front than in that driving shot.

She also took pictures of his horrible murder by her hand, and deleted those too.

As I stated earlier, I have no idea what numerous evil ideas ran through her head. With the card being washed, all the pics have various discolorations... just a thought.

Wasn't her camera card found there too? I know I saw of pic of both cards together- but ? as to where hers was.

ETA: I'm not sure if she didn't bring her camera strap too-

Her card was not there. She said that to confuse Flores about where the photos had come from. I don't see that it makes sense to put the pictures on his camera as proof that she'll blackmail him.

Her plan was to kill him, and the plan was formulated before she left yreka. So there's no need to blackmail him if she knows she's going to kill him while she's at his house. If she premeditated murder, then blackmail is superfluous.

Her hair was lighter in the police interrogation videos under the harsh light. I believe the flash on Travis' camera probably made her hair look a little lighter, but she was blonde in April, according to Ryan. She last saw Travis in April, according to her. In most of the pictures during her relationship with Travis, she's blonde. So there's no way she had brown hair with Travis on his bed at any time before she dyed her hair on June 3rd.

I don't think the lightness of her hair on the bed pictures means that her hair wasn't dark. We know that her hair has been brown during trial. Look at this picture of her post trial interview.

mqdefault.jpg

Same interview, picture pulled from a different website:

22222919_BG1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member