Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 108 12.4%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 634 72.5%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 47 5.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.7%

• Total voters
05-19-2013 06:35 PM
AZWatcher

I've always thought... maybe assumed because there was a lot of phone activity during her trip there... that he knew she was coming

I couldn't certianly be recalling incorrectly, but I seem to remember a juror asking her how many calls she and TA had between 6/3 or 6/4. She answered between 5 and 9, but some were repeated on the phone records. So I'm gonna guess 5 over those 2 days. That doesn't seem like a lot, IMO. And who knows what she even said?

I just couldn't believe she would take a chance driving that far out of her way to happen upon him at home...alone. Also, calling someone and getting them on their cell phone is certainly no guarantee they are home.

That's true. But she had other ways to monitor him. She certianly was in and out of his emails, facebook, bank accts.? I also keep thinking about DB saying she used his computer to check her email at his house 6/3. When Juan asked about this she said yes, then started talking about her myspace email. When he asked her why, she just said well, it hadn't been checked in a while and and if IIRC correclty, she wasn't really so sure she did anything on the computer (and looked MIGHTY nervous). My thought she was monitoring TA'S computer activity (emails, FB?). Another way to ascertain his plans without a call.

The more I think about it ... the more I get 4am being a pretty good chance of rolling up on him and catching him at home... or getting him on the phone late night last minute and offering up her services.

Maybe, she got there at 4am. But I think she did some of her stalking (checking the cars there, peeping in windows, etc.) to be sure the coast was clear.

The thing that most convinced me recently that she popped in was that little bit of truth in every lie deal she does. I heard her tell the story about letting herself in... and standing in the doorway of his office watching him for I think 45 seconds or so?. I believed that part of her story. Did that make you shudder a little too?

What bothered me about that was didn't she say she stood in the doorway about 45 seconds before NAPS noticed her. REALLY? Unless NAPS was in coma he would have been up and barking immediatley! Two truths I believe are: you can't sneak up on a person with a dog. Nor can you trust a dog a dog to watch your plate when you leave the room (redneck fact). Don't believe that part of her story AT ALL. I could also be wrong.

I do find it so odd though that she planned this without having any idea what the roommates comings and goings would be.

I think she knew exaclty what the roommates what were doing due to her hacking and surviellence. Did the one of them she knew longest spent most of his time at his gf's house? I'm sure she knew where both worked. A simple phone call could to a place of employment, ask for the roommate, received confirmation he was there. And if things DID get sticky she had "motivational tools (ie weapons) that would have shut TA up.

I don't think she ever planned to just bust into the house shooting slashing and stabbing...
T
I think she went there with an agenda and a back up plan. I honestly think the murder was plan B.

I agree with you. But I think she went in to punish him, torture him, terrify him, humilitation him and then kill him and leave him in what she felt would be the most humiliating way possible. I just don't believe they had "sexy time" at all that day. I saw naked pics of TA. I saw naked pics of JA. They looked anything but sexy to me. And that KY bottle was placed TO BE NOTICED, IMO. All the shower pics were just forced to me. He wasn't showering. Where's the soap, shampoo? Yes, I do think he was posing, but not because he wanted to.

ETA: I think she parked the rental car in his garage. Remember the cinnabon story? She was out of town and her car was in his garage... leads me to think his roommates didn't park in the garage.

Agreed. She did say she parked "her car" in the garage. But she was driving a rental that night. IIRC, didn't the roommates saw they say NO strange cars? I think she hid? the rental (what if someone popped by and saw CA plates on a car?) Or even just a car with NO plates? IIRC, she said she parked in the driveway. SOMEONE would have noticed it and she couldn't risked that. She hid it, maybe around the corner. Maybe that's why she dyed her hair in case any neighbors saw walking to the house?

PS. AZ Watcher's posts are some of my favorites and I have no wish to de-edify or debase her,:drumroll: and I hope she ( I THINK she's a she) doesn't think I'm tearing her post apart. I just wanted to see what other's thought of my current theory. I don't know what when on in that house. But I think whatever was going on was horrific. I'm also curious after reading Det. F's police report about why the downstairs furniture was moved off the tile, with the cleaner TA had had for weeks assembled and sitting in the middle of the room....why THEN?! Did somehing go on downstairs? Since JA mentions him cleaning during her police interview, and her tongue is so twisted so could open wine bottles, call me crazy but she lying.

I dont believe Travis knew she was going to Arizona. Theres one thing that Det. Flores overlooked on the interrogation tapes. He asked jodi what she was thinking when she left Travis'? She said she was afraid. She did not know yet she was going to use the fog defense. She was found guilty so it does not matter.

The tires were slashed in December, he saw her multiple times in the following months.

Travis displayed the same behavior that abused women do. He was the victim. He also identified his killer if he was found dead. Many women have done that.

I've always thought... maybe assumed because there was a lot of phone activity during her trip there... that he knew she was coming.

I just couldn't believe she would take a chance driving that far out of her way to happen upon him at home...alone. Also, calling someone and getting them on their cell phone is certainly no guarantee they are home.

The more I think about it ... the more I get 4am being a pretty good chance of rolling up on him and catching him at home... or getting him on the phone late night last minute and offering up her services.

The thing that most convinced me recently that she popped in was that little bit of truth in every lie deal she does. I heard her tell the story about letting herself in... and standing in the doorway of his office watching him for I think 45 seconds or so?. I believed that part of her story. Did that make you shudder a little too?

I do find it so odd though that she planned this without having any idea what the roommates comings and goings would be.

I don't think she ever planned to just bust into the house shooting slashing and stabbing...

I think she went there with an agenda and a back up plan. I honestly think the murder was plan B.

ETA: I think she parked the rental car in his garage. Remember the cinnabon story? She was out of town and her car was in his garage... leads me to think his roommates didn't park in the garage.

Wouldn't he have heard the garage door open if he were in his office next to garage?
She called him several times. He only answered twice and they were very short calls which could mean that the phone went to voice mail.
IMO, she got there, let herself in and at some point that awful day he was held against his will.

What I find strange is that, on the sex tape, Travis said they'd take a picture of him with his penis sticking straight up in the air.

So why would he care if she took ones of his genitals in the shower.

OH--Typing this just made me realize the answer.

Because he probably wanted to show them to other people, people he didn't want to see his genitals--at least not yet. :blushing: So maybe he wanted harmless shower pics to show off his bod, ones that were not x-rated. That way, he could show Mimi, other women, or even his male friends--you know, just to brag.

A lot of people, including myself do not think that is his penis. If you look closely at the two fingers, many think that it's DB or someone else.

I just read the autopsy report and it states that there was 25 ml of brown partially digested food fragmants. So, he must have eaten something during the time she was there. They (or one of them) went into the kitchen for food.

FWIW JA said "i think i ate a banana. and TA ate oatmeal"

Men love it when ladies "dress-up" & "role play".

I don't think Travis knew Jodi would be stopping by in Mesa on her way to Utah.

But, when she showed up in Mesa at 4 a.m. begging to just stay one night on her way to see another guy, it would be hard to say no. Travis knew Jodi cared more about him than he did about her when he was having sex with her while she was living in Mesa. Despite being repulsed by her stalking, Travis might have felt some responsibility because he'd given Jodi hope by giving in and sleeping with her. Manipulative Jodi knew how to play on Travis's guilt and his weakness to her charms.

So with Jodi "stranded" and without a place to go in the wee hours of the morning, despite Travis being done with her, it would take a pretty cold heart to not let Jodi "in". Even though Travis had DUMPED Jodi in no uncertain terms in May, Jodi was still someone Travis had cared for and there would have been guilt for the "not nice words" he'd used doing the dumping. If I were Travis, even though Jodi deserved every mean word, I'd still have felt like a cad for "breaking Jodi's heart" by making promises in the beginning of the relationship and later having sex with her after he knew she wasn't the "one". And, I imagine that Jodi was apologizing so sincerely, crying pitifully and swearing it was "just this one last time". Stalker or not, Jodi had never harmed Travis before, it was flattering to have a woman SO smitten & adoring & begging for his attention. NOW, she just wanted a place to sleep. Rationally, Jodi lived a 1000 miles away AND she was "on her way to see another man". Jodi was saying she was "moving on". So "what harm" could come from letting Jodi "in"?

After Travis let Jodi sleep over, I think Travis would have gone along with waiting for Jodi to braid her hair for a photo-shoot that would give Travis the chance to show off his NEW camera.

How many men could resist the chance to show off a "new toy" to a fellow gadget enthusiast? Especially in such a fun way?

Just my opinion.

i can see this happeneing. especially since she testified he guilted her into stopping by, it might have been the other way around, she guilted him.

Einsquat ain't as smart as she thinks she is. I find it richly ironic a Camera would lead to her undoing. Maybe God had something to do with or Travis' spirit or kismet. We'll never know, but she has an eternity to beat herself up over such a stupid mistake. Here's hoping she beats her head against her cell wall day after day after day....all she has now is time....tick freaking tock...

You got me thinking. Was the last picture the one of him dead in the shower? That could not have been an accidental shot. she must have purposely taken it. I think she retrieved the camera from the hall after she got him in the shower and took it. probably picked up the camera with the towel, went back to the bedroom to strip the bed, made a pile. then cleaned up as much as she could, before cleaning herself up, lastly threw the items in the machine and left as it was filling with water, and didn't notice any banging of the camera in the machine. she was no more in a fog than the man in the moon.

That is what I am pointing out. He knew she was becoming nutty. He just did not care in my opinion. He knew each time he had sex with her be it physical or verbal, phone sex that he was leading her to believe that he wanted her in his life.

Just too many games that led to a tragic murder. The game should had stopped when she was doing the tire slashing. Women have been dealing with crazy stalkers, ex husbands and ex boyfriends and some they never had any sexual contact with for years. Many women have died because of this, I remember there was time when there was no laws against stalking.

They passed the laws because so many women were being murdered or beaten, but there was nothing to stop a stalker before the laws came into place.

In my experience the laws dont stop stalkers. But at least if something happens LE knows who to find

Travis was no boy, he was a grown man. He like so many other men, just did not care. He liked the sex, but he also knew she could very well become dangerous. Stalkers who start to do damage to your property and also stalk who you may be dating are losing control. Most women who have been in Travis's shoes would had never let the stalker in their home, they would had called the police. There would be no contact. Travis made the mistake...it will never happen to me, like so many others who are hurt or killed by their ex's , stalkers.

i forget the young womans name, she was blonde, testified Jodi rang the doorbell, and no one was there, she got the creeps and asked travis to spend the night since she was afraid. also said she broke up with travis because of jodi she was a nightmare. she tortured travis plenty even before she killed him.

You got me thinking. Was the last picture the one of him dead in the shower? That could not have been an accidental shot. she must have purposely taken it. I think she retrieved the camera from the hall after she got him in the shower and took it. probably picked up the camera with the towel, went back to the bedroom to strip the bed, made a pile. then cleaned up as much as she could, before cleaning herself up, lastly threw the items in the machine and left as it was filling with water, and didn't notice any banging of the camera in the machine. she was no more in a fog than the man in the moon.

You might be thinking of a photo of him taken by law enforcement.

In my experience the laws dont stop stalkers. But at least if something happens LE knows who to find

That's been my personal experience too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that he would have flexed his muscles or posed a lot better than what the photos show. And why would he look so surprised in one of the final shower pics? Just doesn't make sense to me.

We don't know that he did do different poses that were successfully deleted or unrecoverable. We don't know if he felt "that'd be gay," to take a semi quote from Jodi when she'd said Travis said "I feel gay." We don't know if he did poses like that but she didn't snap them because she didn't like them.

He doesn't look "surprised" to me in the photos. Like JM, I believe it was, said, you can't tell what a person is thinking in a picture. You can only guess by what's in your own thoughts.

The fact is, she came there with an agenda to get him to have sex and put him in the middle of a sex act so that he wouldn't have time to repent before death.

I listened to her talking about someone who was a mormon telling her to put her seat belt on before she went to the bishop because that mormon was afraid Jodi would die before she could repent.

This made it clear to me what her plan was. If Travis believed he'd go to hell for not repenting in time, then she wanted him to think she was damning him to hell.

A lot of people, including myself do not think that is his penis. If you look closely at the two fingers, many think that it's DB or someone else.

Yes I'm one of those "alot of people." In fact, I have DB's penis on MY laptop, so I could post it here.

Still, on the sex tape, he said they'd take a penis shot of his penis straight in the air. So he wasn't a prude about that.

I think he didn't want the shower pics, which he planned to show to people, to have his penis in them.

I think the picture of TA dead in the shower was taken by the detectives--photos of the crime scene.

We don't know that he did do different poses that were successfully deleted or unrecoverable. We don't know if he felt "that'd be gay," to take a semi quote from Jodi when she'd said Travis said "I feel gay." We don't know if he did poses like that but she didn't snap them because she didn't like them.

He doesn't look "surprised" to me in the photos. Like JM, I believe it was, said, you can't tell what a person is thinking in a picture. You can only guess by what's in your own thoughts.

The fact is, she came there with an agenda to get him to have sex and put him in the middle of a sex act so that he wouldn't have time to repent before death.

I listened to her talking about someone who was a mormon telling her to put her seat belt on before she went to the bishop because that mormon was afraid Jodi would die before she could repent.

This made it clear to me what her plan was. If Travis believed he'd go to hell for not repenting in time, then she wanted him to think she was damning him to hell.

This has always been my opinion. Well said.

But Mormons don't believe in Hell.

That is what I am pointing out. He knew she was becoming nutty. He just did not care in my opinion. He knew each time he had sex with her be it physical or verbal, phone sex that he was leading her to believe that he wanted her in his life.

Just too many games that led to a tragic murder. The game should had stopped when she was doing the tire slashing. Women have been dealing with crazy stalkers, ex husbands and ex boyfriends and some they never had any sexual contact with for years. Many women have died because of this, I remember there was time when there was no laws against stalking.

They passed the laws because so many women were being murdered or beaten, but there was nothing to stop a stalker before the laws came into place.

Lee Redmond went to the police for help in stopping his (female) stalker. He was literally laughed out of the station. His stalker shot him to death. He'd never been romantically involved at all with the woman who took his life.

Approximately 1000 people die annually at the hands of their stalkers, despite the laws. Many thousands more (myself included) live in daily fear of their stalker because the laws are still insufficient. We still have a very, very long way to go in my opinion - beginning with public awareness and education.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back