Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 108 12.4%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 634 72.5%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 47 5.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.7%

• Total voters
I think JA is highly manipulative & knew what to do to coax TA into sex. There's no way he would have posed for the sex pics & slept with her if she'd just turned up without telling him.She didn't have to threaten him into those poses either as indicated by the picture he took of her bending over showing her lady bits. She's in a vulnerable position in that pose so no way was she threatening him into it. The times she acted like a crazy stalker just turning up he was mad with her. I believe she acted all reasonable, suggested they take the photo shoot (he talked like it was a fantasy of his in text messages) as a final goodbye. She probably got a kick out of that as it was goodbye in more ways than one.

I know if this were me and my hubby or even before we married he would be calling me every 15 minutes reminding me to keep my doors locked to keep the phone charged and near me and to ask how close I am to the house. He would be concerned about me travelling alone especially late at night. It does not appear with her story of a dead cell phone that anyone knew what she was up too. This is so fishy it smells to high heaven. This was a surprise attack and what could h do when your ex is knocking on the door at 4 am. I think she got him to log onto his puter right after she showed up to prove he was up waiting this killer thinks ahead as she has proven time and again.

Yes! Travis being the kind guy he was would have called JA (even JA) several times if he had expected her. No calls from Travis to JA mean he did not expect her.

I know if this were me and my hubby or even before we married he would be calling me every 15 minutes reminding me to keep my doors locked to keep the phone charged and near me and to ask how close I am to the house. He would be concerned about me travelling alone especially late at night. It does not appear with her story of a dead cell phone that anyone knew what she was up too. This is so fishy it smells to high heaven. This was a surprise attack and what could h do when your ex is knocking on the door at 4 am. I think she got him to log onto his puter right after she showed up to prove he was up waiting this killer thinks ahead as she has proven time and again.

My bold. The speculation that Jodi planted evidence, whether it be staged sex pictures, or staged computer history, etc., strikes a really false note for me.

Her plan, if she came under suspicion, was to say she WASN'T THERE. That's the story she stuck to, even when presented with the physical evidence that she was there. It was only under increasing duress that she moved to Plan B, the intruders story. That story was so badly done, it's obvious she was unprepared to tell it. So, to imagine that she had this back-up story ready, and put it into action on June 4th, with planting photos for instance, makes no sense, since it directly undermines her original and only plan: "I wasn't there."

Her calls may have simply been a means of checking up on him. For example:

What are ya doing?
Who's there?
Are you home alone?
How's it going with your new roommates?
Did you rent the other room yet?
Are you in for the night?
When are ya leaving with miss thing for your trip that i should be going on! WAH!

Oh me? I'm just driving my little old self way far away to lovely Utah for a business meeting that includes a little hanky panky and messing around with one of your associates. Why do you ask?
You're not jealous are you?

You're not? Why!? You're supposed to be jealous.:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
I don't think he really wanted to see her... So she didn't let him know she was coming...

However... On another WS thread... There is reported evidence from HLN that JA made quite a few phone calls (to TA) on her trip...

I don't know what to think of that...

JMO

So why was JA was sooo evasive about answering the question whether Travis knew she was coming or not? She hesitated so much during the interviews with both detectives, if I recall correctly even after she'd admitted she was there.
exactly! She didn't want to say "no officer, I just surprised him with my lil ole visit".
Notice how she does go on an evasive track that includes:

he knew I was on my way and when I arrived he was SO happy to see me!

Every time this question came up she would delay answering while taking time to consider the implications of this simple yes or no response. Hence, my conclusion is that she just showed up unannounced, hid her car around the corner, died her hair on the way there, and maybe held him at gunpoint with a warning:

take me with you on your trip or else "this is your last chance"
When he said "heck no you big old ho!" she went into her homicidal maniac mode.

While I agree, I was pondering what type of situation would change this. Tonight, someone had called me, and I dropped the phone while it was ringing. The battery fell out of the phone. When it finally came back on, the there was no record of the call.

So I'm wondering if Jodi's phone being off would prohibit any of Travis' calls from showing up on her phone bill, and if Travis' calls never connected, would they show up on his phone bill? She could have easily erased what was in his phone if it wasn't locked. But this would have have to assume he wouldn't leave her a pissed off message because she'd said she was coming and now he can't get in touch with her. Travis did have a short temper for Jodi's games, so it'd be likely that he would leave a message like that or at least text one.

So the only other thing I know she could have done was to be telling him her phone was dying, so she wouldn't be in contact. That has happened to me when one of my friends traveled up to see me. His phone was dying and he said he'd call me when it was charged up. I guess he called an hour or so later, but I didn't bother trying to call him because I knew he was charging the phone.

Jodi could have told him her phone was dying and she couldn't find the charger.

Me saying all this is not to say whether I believe he knew she was coming or not. It's just thoughts I had on how the phone thing could have worked if he'd known she was coming.

My bold. The speculation that Jodi planted evidence, whether it be staged sex pictures, or staged computer history, etc., strikes a really false note for me.

Her plan, if she came under suspicion, was to say she WASN'T THERE. That's the story she stuck to, even when presented with the physical evidence that she was there. It was only under increasing duress that she moved to Plan B, the intruders story. That story was so badly done, it's obvious she was unprepared to tell it. So, to imagine that she had this back-up story ready, and put it into action on June 4th, with planting photos for instance, makes no sense, since it directly undermines her original and only plan: "I wasn't there."

I have to agree. even though she did one thing I consider VERY strange in making her "wasn't me" alibi, she did go through great effort to make sure no trace of her would be found there--even down to her dumb decisions with the camera ( using it and deleting only the pictures of her, the shower and murder, and then leaving the camera). She brought these gas cans, even got a gas can from a walmart forever away from her house in the hopes there'd never be a way to find it (then stupidly keeping her receipt for whatever reason), dyed her hair so she wouldn't be blond as she normally was in Mesa (I'm assuming), falling off the cell phone grid, etc. She took a lot of steps to ensure that no one (but Naps) could testify to her presence in Mesa. If only Naps could talk!

I completely agree. The only plan she had that day up to her interrogation was I wasn't there. She only switched it up when she had no other choice. The intruder story was inspired by Flores. A couple times she sounds like she's going to confess but gets another, probably very clever to her, idea to avoid it. There was no plan that day other than kill Travis and set up an alibi. She thought no one would ever suspect her.

I don't think Arias told Travis she was coming, as she might have been afraid Travis would mention it to someone else, thus destroying her "never in Arizona" tall tale.

I completely agree. The only plan she had that day up to her interrogation was I wasn't there. She only switched it up when she had no other choice. The intruder story was inspired by Flores. A couple times she sounds like she's going to confess but gets another, probably very clever to her, idea to avoid it. There was no plan that day other than kill Travis and set up an alibi. She thought no one would ever suspect her.

Exactly! I think she was trying to decide between confessing and coming up with a better alternative. But, she needed time to think, and that darned Flores was interrupting her mental process by asking her questions. That's when she became withdrawn, taciturn, practically dumbstruck. Isn't that also when she said "I feel so powerless here"? She did feel powerless, I'm sure.

I want to add, too, that the intruders story came out so badly, I think, because she didn't have time to lie to herself first.

I felt like he knew, but not until she was closer to his house. I think she told him so she would know for sure he would be there, and not out and about. If he was away, it would have been a wasted trip, or she may have found another female there. I also think she came with promises of a good time with pics and "other things". If there were NO calls during that time, I belive JM would have brought that up...like she was sneaking up on him.

Just now getting around to voting in this poll!

I voted NO, Travis did not know JA was coming to his house. She wouldn't risk his knowing after all the planning she had done to hide the fact that she would be in Arizona. JMO

For me, the phone calls of that day do not point to him knowing. I think the phone calls the night before she started her trip prove that she mentioned something or tried to feel him out about it. But during her trip, Travis didn't talk to her for any length of time--she possibly only got his voicemail because the calls seemed so short. When I leave voicemails at work, the longest time the phone has recorded me being on a call is like 2 minutes, and in that case, I'd left a long message. Usually, it's 1 and a half minutes from off the hook till right before I hang up.

Her calls to Travis were about that length. He could possibly have answered, but I think the calls were too short to be making plans for her arrival and to spend time together.

exactly! She didn't want to say "no officer, I just surprised him with my lil ole visit".
Notice how she does go on an evasive track that includes:

he knew I was on my way and when I arrived he was SO happy to see me!

Every time this question came up she would delay answering while taking time to consider the implications of this simple yes or no response. Hence, my conclusion is that she just showed up unannounced, hid her car around the corner, died her hair on the way there, and maybe held him at gunpoint with a warning:

take me with you on your trip or else "this is your last chance"
When he said "heck no you big old ho!" she went into her homicidal maniac mode.

What happened to the I got there three or four in the morning and almost changed my mind, but saw a light up in Travis's bedroom so I knocked and Travis answered the door and Naps was barking story? Doesn't seem like Travis knew about any visit from Jodi in that version does it? It went along with the Travis and a friend dropping by late at night to see me once story.

Exactly. The big fight, his harsh and determined rejection of her, would be the very reason he wouldn't tell anyone that he was still inclined to let her into his house. Sex with her blew his mind--we know this because he said so. And we can guess that he saw himself as able to compartmentalize the sex from other aspects of the relationship. I would imagine that sex with her would bring him tremendous relief, a catharthis, from the self-imposed dogma of his public life. It would also bring him an equal amount of shame. No, he wouldn't, if it could be helped, tell a soul that he let her in.

Travis was a very neat and tidy guy, but I don't think he would put together his new floor cleaner and move furniture off the floor and onto other furniture if he knew she was coming over for a sex romp.

Okay, Travis' roommate claims the Floor Cleaner was NOT put together on June 3. My thought is after the sex he may have started moving the furniture and putting the Cleaner together as a way to get her out of his house. We know the photos were taken around 1:30, I always wondered what they did for the remaining couple hours?

My thought, exactly. We know Travis was afraid of Jodi. She may have asked him if she could come to his place since she was on a road trip and he said no. Maybe that happened in the long conversations they had on June 2.

Being afraid of her and knowing she might show up at his doorstep anytime, he probably didn't want to sleep (thus being caught off-guard by Jodi) and managed to stay awake that night, just in case.

I don't know if that makes sense... Of course, that is my opinion only :)

This is something that has been in my brain for a long time. Why did Travis NOT change his pass code on his garage door key pad? Why did he NOT change every password he ever had to his computer, bank accounts, facebook, phone ... etc. etc. etc.

I just don't understand. She probably had his IP address and everything (phone password). For all we know she could have sent some of those e-mails/texts to herself.

:banghead: I dunno ... I think Travis Victor Alexander was just too trusting. I think most of us would have a hard time thinking that ANYONE could be as evil and space-invading as this killer. But, in saying all of that .. I would rather have lived my life like Travis ... and not that other person who killed him. I really hope she gets "death" ... I really do. I have never said or thought that before. I didn't believe in the death penalty. But this "defendant" has made a believer out of me. There is NO question that this was premeditated and intentional ... NO question!! She should not be on this planet ... I'm thinkin' she'll get 10 years or so with appeals etc. Then I'm praying they stick that needle in her.

I am even thinking that I could watch this execution and take pleasure in it ... that's how much I hate this killer. This trial has changed me ... not sure it it's good or bad ...

Please forgive me for my rant ..... very emotional right now :maddening:

This is something that has been in my brain for a long time. Why did Travis NOT change his pass code on his garage door key pad? Why did he NOT change every password he ever had to his computer, bank accounts, facebook, phone ... etc. etc. etc.

I just don't understand. She probably had his IP address and everything (phone password). For all we know she could have sent some of those e-mails/texts to herself.

:banghead: I dunno ... I think Travis Victor Alexander was just too trusting. I think most of us would have a hard time thinking that ANYONE could be as evil and space-invading as this killer. But, in saying all of that .. I would rather have lived my life like Travis ... and not that other person who killed him. I really hope she gets "death" ... I really do. I have never said or thought that before. I didn't believe in the death penalty. But this "defendant" has made a believer out of me. There is NO question that this was premeditated and intentional ... NO question!! She should not be on this planet ... I'm thinkin' she'll get 10 years or so with appeals etc. Then I'm praying they stick that needle in her.

I am even thinking that I could watch this execution and take pleasure in it ... that's how much I hate this killer. This trial has changed me ... not sure it it's good or bad ...

Please forgive me for my rant ..... very emotional right now :maddening:
This trial has changed many of us. I've never felt this emotionally invested nor hated someone more then her. I have no idea how Travis' family sits in the same room as JA and then has to listen to her DT murder Travis again and again. I may have gone stark raving mad. If the jury decides LWOP that will be justice in my eyes. God speed to the Jury...they'll do the right thing.

I think Travis was addicted to Jodi. He also had an image to portray and she WAS a secret side dish.It wasn't nice and it wasn't fair to Jodi, but she knew the deal at some point and had the option to walk away. She chose revenge. I do believe that Jodi had told Travis that she would ruin him and thus the sex romps continued. But he enjoyed it and he wanted to have sex and then for her to go away. He could not find another woman who would do what Jodi did, and be of the Mormon faith, someone he could proudly take around on his arm. A normal thinking woman would have run like the wind. No matter, she slaughtered him and needs to pay one way or the other.

This trial has changed many of us. I've never felt this emotionally invested nor hated someone more then her. I have no idea how Travis' family sits in the same room as JA and then has to listen to her DT murder Travis again and again. I may have gone stark raving mad. If the jury decides LWOP that will be justice in my eyes. God speed to the Jury...they'll do the right thing.

I feel the same way about JA as I did Casey Anthony, hatred. They both have the same smug, arrogant attitude and are both cold blooded killers. The thought of JA getting LWOP or LWP will mean Jodi will be having a ball in prison and quickly adapt to her surroundings 'til she gets out, and be tweeting and selling her fake art someway somehow, BUT with the DP, prison will NEVER be a party.

[/B]
Okay, Travis' roommate claims the Floor Cleaner was NOT put together on June 3. My thought is after the sex he may have started moving the furniture and putting the Cleaner together as a way to get her out of his house. We know the photos were taken around 1:30, I always wondered what they did for the remaining couple hours?

Yes, he was likely ignoring her after the sex. Jodi mentions, during her interrogation, that Travis moved the furniture to begin cleaning the floor, and because of that, she couldn't sit on the couch. To me, she sounded miffed about it--i.e., it was a significant part of the afternoon. I think he got side-tracked on the cleaning and abandoned it; I think they were arguing for hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back