Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You CAN ensure a child's safety and one way is to never leave them in the care of a non-family member the child's parent doesn't like or trust. There's no proof that RZ was even in the house when Max died.

Over a year ago it was widely reported that JS began his relationship with RZ while still married to his wife. It is my opinion that such a relationship was sexual and that it was a betrayal of trust not only to his wife but also to his child. It doesn't matter if the child knew about it at the time or not. He would eventually figure it out.

I'm sorry you don't understand Dina's wish to focus on blended families. I think what you term is an "obsession" is actually based in reality that a need is there. Her son died as a result of her wishes being ignored. She had valid reasons for not liking Rebecca.

Those who refuse to acknowledge children can be innocent victims of the bad behavior of their parents are those causing the problem in the first place and then they blame everybody else but themselves. One thing is certain, Max died while in the care of Rebecca. That fact isn't going to change, is it? Or did Rebecca lie and was not even in the house at the time of Max's launch from the second floor? That's a question that remains to be answered and I have a hunch Dina already knows the answer.

I've never had a child in my care land in an abyss that resulted in death. What happened to Max was easily preventable. All Jonah had to do was make such Max wasn't alone with those that the boy's mother had already warned about. It's never happened to me because I've never ignored the wishes of a child's parent.

JMO

I have always thought that Rebecca's responses to LE were discombobulated and perhaps covering for someone. It never occurred to me that she may not have even been on the premises when MS fall happened. Mabelle, i believe it is you that speculated earlier upthread that maybe RZ was at the gym with JS instead.<modsnip>. I really hope not i need to add.

Sadly, she was a thief. At 30 years old she entered Macys and tried to steal $1000 worth of jewelry for herself.

As I said before, no Mom would want her teenager to choose a best friend to run around with who had this history. But this was not a teenager. This was a mature woman. This is not what I would want for my 4-6 year old child. I would want someone I could trust. A thirty year old who steals for fun or personal adornment is not someone easy to trust.

If someone steals because they are hungry that is one thing...this episode is very troubling. Would you hire a babysitter for your child with this history?
I would not.

And, Dina was a domestic abuser and acted out of control (Jonah said so in police documents) just a few years ago - she is now 42-43 so she was nearly 40 when this last occurred and with a child in home when she conducted herself in this fashion. She engaged in this for 3 years. Would you want her to babysit your child. I wouldn't. I'd take a young woman who committed on solitary act before I'd have a domestic abuser come near my child.

Bremner likes to IMPLY things, IMO. Facts work much better when you are accusing people of murder, IMO.

I so agree with your statement, CG. There have been MANY implications posted here against a deceased individual who cannot defend herself .... and so few facts to prove those same implications. JMHO

And, Dina was a domestic abuser and acted out of control (Jonah said so in police documents) just a few years ago - she is now 42-43 so she was nearly 40 when this last occurred and with a child in home when she conducted herself in this fashion. She engaged in this for 3 years. Would you want her to babysit your child. I wouldn't. I'd take a young woman who committed on solitary act before I'd have a domestic abuser come near my child.

I'm in total agreement !!!!!

I so agree with your statement, CG. There have been MANY implications posted here against a deceased individual who cannot defend herself .... and so few facts to prove those same implications. JMHO

BBM

Absolutely true. And now implications regarding a minor, who is also a victim. :what:

Reports pieced together from several sources? And by the way that article is the only one I've seen that claims Max was there at the airport. Between 6 and 7 am a child that young was taken to the airport?

LOL...When my kids were under 7, they were always up by 6:00 or 6:30--ready to get started on their days!

These were Max's siblings. I'm sure he wanted to say good-bye!

Close doesn't cut it.

A long way from "proof". Just because it's written in a newspaper doesn't make it a fact.

What would make it a fact? What should we accept here as fact? We do not have the full police file. The Z's have it and could release but have chosen not to.

Even then, some could choose not to believe what the police say they found in the investigation.

We can also find "experts" to support any opinion. And people to trash or praise any and all of the individuals in the case.

So I guess we can all pick and choose to believe only what we want.

BBM

Absolutely true. And now implications regarding a minor, who is also a victim. :what:

But we do not know for sure who the victims are. And at this point, it is all speculation.

Much dirt has been thrown on a lovely grieving Mother and her sister. So there can be outrage all around but no proof.

IMO...all of the women involved are being accused of things that probably aren't relevant to the manner of Max's death.

Also, IMO, both attorneys are hedging the facts to present their clients cases in the most positive, accusatory manner possible. (Is that an oxymoron??)

Regardless, this entire situation probably can't be resolved without a third source looking into the FACTS of BOTH deaths. Then, hopefully the anger, pain, and accusations can cease and the healing can begin.

This is a double tragedy...life is tentative...I don't have the answer, but I personally feel that accusations and character asassination will do little to further the search for answers in this case. Hopefully, the truth won't be too painful for all involved.

I have always thought that Rebecca's responses to LE were discombobulated and perhaps covering for someone. It never occurred to me that she may not have even been on the premises when MS fall happened. Mabelle, i believe it is you that speculated earlier upthread that maybe RZ was at the gym with JS instead. Do you think she was covering for XZ? I am getting the feeling XZ is coming to the forefront as a key player after Dina's interview on local Phoenix network. I really hope not i need to add.

I speculated that maybe RZ was out of the house at the same time as JS. My point was that the reason she may have lied was because she knew Dina didn't want her sister alone with Max. I think the evidence does point to a long amount of time elapsed before 9-1-1 was called.

JMO

What would make it a fact? What should we accept here as fact? We do not have the full police file. The Z's have it and could release but have chosen not to.

Even then, some could choose not to believe what the police say they found in the investigation.

We can also find "experts" to support any opinion. And people to trash or praise any and all of the individuals in the case.

So I guess we can all pick and choose to believe only what we want.

BBM

Verification, one way or the other. Verification is not an article in a newspaper. Proof of flight times, and proof of passengers. That would 'settle it'. No more speculation.

I speculated that maybe RZ was out of the house at the same time as JS. My point was that the reason she may have lied was because she knew Dina didn't want her sister alone with Max. I think the evidence does point to a long amount of time elapsed before 9-1-1 was called.

JMO

Thank you for your response. I'll refrain on responding to your last sentence because i have not seen any verified evidence supporting the theory that 911 was not called in a timely manner the morning of MS fall.

According to records obtained by CBS affiliate KFMB that were released Monday by police in Paradise Valley, Ariz., show Max's parents, Jonah and Dina Shacknai, going through a stormy divorce. The documents do not indicate any arrests were made in the disputes.

In September 2008, Jonah Shacknai went to a police station to report that his wife "came at him and tried to choke him," according to the police report. Dina Shacknai told police the couple's German Shepherd bit her during an argument.

"She explained that during these incidents the dog responds to Jonah, who while he has not intentionally had the dog attack Dina, Jonah is not quick to pull the dog away when he goes after her," the report said.

In January 2009, Dina Shacknai told police her husband elbowed her in the chest after he refused to read a bedtime story to their son. Jonah Shacknai disputed her account, telling police that he had to "nudge her" out of his car as he prepared to leave the driveway and she reached in while the engine was running."

I don't put much stock in what divorcing couples say about each other. Yes, I would hire a Nanny if her Ex were the only one comlaining about her. It is common to have each side demonize each other. How many of us would want to be defined by an Ex husband or Ex friend? LOL

That is a far cry from entering a store and stealing a $1000 worth of merchandise....not to eat, not out of poverty...but because YOU WANT IT. Either RZ was a kleptomaniac with real emotional issues...or there is a morality issue here. Maybe somepeople would want their kids shoppjng and being influenced by someone with this background. It would take me a long time to have trust and be comfortable.

Thirty years old! With a job! Why did she feel it was okay to just take those things? This is not two divorcing people calling each other names.

I can see her walking in that store and just deciding that she could take whatever she wanted to look pretty or impress others. That is worrisome to me.

DS had every right to be concerned. Like her or not. I think more Moms would be concerned...than not.

BBM

Verification, one way or the other. Verification is not an article in a newspaper. Proof of flight times, and proof of passengers. That would 'settle it'. No more speculation.

Well, then we need to wait for the R's to release the investigative file.

There isn't much we can "document" here if that is your standard. Because just about everything we talk about is linked to a media report.

BBM

When someone asks for a link, we honor MSM as valid sources. If you choose not to believe the source, that is fine. But an msm article is considered valid.

When someone asks for a link, we honor MSM as valid sources. If you choose not to believe the source, that is fine. But an msm article is considered valid.

Well that same article, for instance, claims that when EMTs arrived, they found Rebecca giving CPR. I guess we are going to have to accept that as a FACT now.

Well that same article, for instance, claims that when EMTs arrived, they found Rebecca giving CPR. I guess we are going to have to accept that as a FACT now.

We have since learned via Max's AR that the first LE to respond was a CPD officer who did NOT see RZ giving CPR when he arrived. Instead, he observed her to be next to the body crying and yelling Max's name. He is the one who called EMT's. Whether RZ was doing CPR when they arrived is irrelevant. Too much time had elapsed with no circulation, thus the boy was already brain dead.

JMO

Yes I do. He called her twice that Tuesday, and then she killed herself that night to avoid talking to him, IMO. Pretty hard to question a dead woman.

Respectfully, we don't know why Rebecca died that night. I think it's unfair to claim that she killed herself to avoid speaking to a detective.

I thoroughly understand how emotions can run so high in this sad case....but can we please stay on topic and be respectful of one another so the thread doesn't get shut down? I'm enthralled by the different points of view and enjoy the intelligent discussion. I would hate to lose the opportunity we have been given to weigh all the facts and possibly make a difference for a grieving family (or two). :please:

Respectfully, we don't know why Rebecca died that night. I think it's unfair to claim that she killed herself to avoid speaking to a detective.

I think suicide is unfair to everybody left behind to sort out the truth. Certainly was unfair to Max.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member