Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonah DID FAIL Maxie in a number of ways: he was unfaithful to his mother, he ignored her concerns about Max's safety and he left the child in the care of someone who didn't ensure his safety. I can't think of a more spectacular failure of a father to his child. If Dina wants to sue him, I sure don't fault her. I think it is absurd to fault her desire to protect other children from such a spectacular failure.

JMO
Is there a link to where was it stated that JS was unfaithful to Dina? And if so, he failed Dina, not Max. Hopefully, Dina didn't share that info with Max if it was true.

And I don't understand Dina's obsession with blended families.
Blended families are no more unsafe than 2 bio parents fighting, jumping on cars, etc... the things SHE did while her son was in the home.

I wonder how she and JS's first wife got along. Was it just something about Rebecca she didn't like?

IMO, Dina was trying to pull rank on Rebecca to see if Jonah would let her have that much say so. Dina never said why she placed such demands on Rebecca going to the school functions, etc...what was the harm in that?

What was Rebecca supposed to do with Max while she was in the restroom? He was a boy. Boy's play and jump and climb and swing off things and unfortunately, Max died while just being a little boy. People shouldn't be so quick to judge. It could happen in an instant to anyone of us. You can NOT watch kids every single second of their lives.

And also curious if you think this little boy was lying...he said she left that morning...before all the commotion.

He didn't say "before all the commotion" What he said was:

GS was in Coronado until Monday morning, when she returned to her South Carolina home, Prchal said. She was gone by the time emergency crews responded to calls that her brother had fallen near the mansion's grand interior staircase.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...ead-woman-coronado-mystery.html#ixzz23YepcbAo

He didn't say "before all the commotion" What he said was:

GS was in Coronado until Monday morning, when she returned to her South Carolina home, Prchal said. She was gone by the time emergency crews responded to calls that her brother had fallen near the mansion's grand interior staircase.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...ead-woman-coronado-mystery.html#ixzz23YepcbAo

Exactly. Not exactly clear when she left that morning, is it? Before the emergency crews responded could be either before or after the accident.

If posters are going to keep accusing GS and ES of being there when the accident occurred, even though Martin Rudoy said they were not, perhaps a Moderator needs to weigh it?

IMO, Martin Rudoy is on the Zahaus side and has no reason to state that ONLY Rebecca, Max, and XZ were there.

I don't know what more proof you want that the Shacknai children were not there than Martin Rudoy's word. Unless you have PROOF and a LINK showing Rudoy to be incorrect, I think that should settle it.

Moderator please?

If posters are going to keep accusing GS and ES of being there when the accident occurred, even though Martin Rudoy said they were not, perhaps a Moderator needs to weigh it?

IMO, Martin Rudoy is on the Zahaus side and has no reason to state that ONLY Rebecca, Max, and XZ were there.

I don't know what more proof you want that the Shacknai children were not there than Martin Rudoy's word. Unless you have PROOF and a LINK showing Rudoy to be incorrect, I think that should settle it.

Moderator please?

Well as I recall there were quotes from Bremner implying otherwise. Of course she hasn't said anything since then, but I believe there were cease and desist letters.

Well as I recall there were quotes from Bremner stating otherwise. Of course she hasn't said anything since then, but I believe there were cease and desist letters.

Marty's interview was just this Sunday, Aug. 12. Do you have anything later from Bremner that shows Rudoy was wrong?

Well as I recall there were quotes from Bremner implying otherwise. Of course she hasn't said anything since then, but I believe there were cease and desist letters.

Bremner likes to IMPLY things, IMO. Facts work much better when you are accusing people of murder, IMO.

Moderator please?

I'm not willing to go listen to it again to dig up the exact quote from Rudoy and I don't remember him saying that, maybe he did. No one has to respond to you, this is a forum where we have the choice to do otherwise and present other factual information if we want.

I'm not willing to go listen to it again to dig up the exact quote from Rudoy and I don't remember him saying that, maybe he did. No one has to respond to you, this is a forum where we have the choice to do otherwise and present other factual information if we want.

Yes, but if you claim it is a FACT you need to back it up with a LINK. Do you have any links that prove the Shacknai children were there?

Is there a link to where was it stated that JS was unfaithful to Dina? And if so, he failed Dina, not Max. Hopefully, Dina didn't share that info with Max if it was true.

Blended families are no more unsafe than 2 bio parents fighting, jumping on cars, etc... the things SHE did while her son was in the home.

I wonder how she and JS's first wife got along. Was it just something about Rebecca she didn't like?

IMO, Dina was trying to pull rank on Rebecca to see if Jonah would let her have that much say so. Dina never said why she placed such demands on Rebecca going to the school functions, etc...what was the harm in that?

What was Rebecca supposed to do with Max while she was in the restroom? He was a boy. Boy's play and jump and climb and swing off things and unfortunately, Max died while just being a little boy. People shouldn't be so quick to judge. It could happen in an instant to anyone of us. You can NOT watch kids every single second of their lives.

BBM

Well, didn't you know Rebecca was a thief? o_O Perhaps Ms. D Romano was frightful Rebecca would steal some construction paper. Or some crayons. Maybe she felt it would reflect badly on her, if she 'allowed' Rebecca to attend public functions with Maxie. Who knows. I agree she was trying to pull rank.

JMO.

Also from the Daily Beast...a couple of quotes about Jonah's "state of mind..."

Regarding the summer in Coronado:
Jonah Shacknai felt like the luckiest man in the world. It was July 8, and the millionaire CEO was enjoying a summer idyll with his kids in the tony seaside village of Coronado, Calif. He was talking on the phone with George Kopp, a Washington lawyer and buddy since the 1980s, when they were both congressional aides. Kopp recalls the conversation clearly. “Jonah said he was kicking a soccer ball with his boys, Max and Ethan. His daughter, Gabby, was there preparing for her volunteer trip to Africa in August. Jonah said, ‘We’re having an absolutely perfect day. I’ve got my kids with me. Rebecca’s with me. The weather is perfect. My life is perfect. What could be better?"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/09/18/what-really-happened-in-the-coronado-mansion.html

Jonah on life in general as often related to autism:
Three days later, Shacknai, the founder and chief executive of Medicis, the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based pharmaceutical company known for its acne products and cosmetic injectables, would experience the unpredictability of life he would often talk about when raising money for autism research. Shacknai, 54, used to tell donors, “ ‘We’re on a random walk through life,’ ” Kopp says. “?‘Some parents, due to an accident of fate, can wind up with kids with autism or some other condition. I have three normal kids. But at any moment, a normal kid can dive into a pool and hit his head and become paralyzed. Life is random. We can’t explain it.’?”

You CAN ensure a child's safety and one way is to never leave them in the care of a non-family member the child's parent doesn't like or trust. There's no proof that RZ was even in the house when Max died.

Over a year ago it was widely reported that JS began his relationship with RZ while still married to his wife. It is my opinion that such a relationship was sexual and that it was a betrayal of trust not only to his wife but also to his child. It doesn't matter if the child knew about it at the time or not. He would eventually figure it out.

I'm sorry you don't understand Dina's wish to focus on blended families. I think what you term is an "obsession" is actually based in reality that a need is there. Her son died as a result of her wishes being ignored. She had valid reasons for not liking Rebecca.

Those who refuse to acknowledge children can be innocent victims of the bad behavior of their parents are those causing the problem in the first place and then they blame everybody else but themselves. One thing is certain, Max died while in the care of Rebecca. That fact isn't going to change, is it? Or did Rebecca lie and was not even in the house at the time of Max's launch from the second floor? That's a question that remains to be answered and I have a hunch Dina already knows the answer.

I've never had a child in my care land in an abyss that resulted in death. What happened to Max was easily preventable. All Jonah had to do was make such Max wasn't alone with those that the boy's mother had already warned about. It's never happened to me because I've never ignored the wishes of a child's parent.

JMO

How about flight numbers and seat placement. Now that would be "proof". That would "settle it".

This is close...flight time:

According to reports pieced together from several sources, between 6 and 7 a.m. on Monday, July 11, the twice-divorced Shacknai and his 6-year-old son, Max, drove his other children—Ethan, 13, and Gabby, 14—to the San Diego airport for a flight to Phoenix, where they were meeting their mother. Gabby and Ethan hugged and kissed their little Maxie goodbye. It would be for the last time.

Jonah and Max returned home to 1043 Ocean Boulevard, the historic 27-room mansion facing the Pacific that was built by sugar baron John D. Spreckels in 1907 as a beach house. Jonah bought it in 2007 for $12.75 million to escape the blistering Arizona summers. That day, Jonah was thinking about taking Max to the zoo. But first he decided to get in a quick workout at Hollywood Fitness three blocks away—a quick sprint up to Orange Avenue, cross the median...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/09/18/what-really-happened-in-the-coronado-mansion.html

BBM

Well, didn't you know Rebecca was a thief? o_O Perhaps Ms. D Romano was frightful Rebecca would steal some construction paper. Or some crayons. Maybe she felt it would reflect badly on her, if she 'allowed' Rebecca to attend public functions with Maxie. Who knows. I agree she was trying to pull rank.

JMO.

Sadly, she was a thief. At 30 years old she entered Macys and tried to steal $1000 worth of jewelry for herself.

As I said before, no Mom would want her teenager to choose a best friend to run around with who had this history. But this was not a teenager. This was a mature woman. This is not what I would want for my 4-6 year old child. I would want someone I could trust. A thirty year old who steals for fun or personal adornment is not someone easy to trust.

If someone steals because they are hungry that is one thing...this episode is very troubling. Would you hire a babysitter for your child with this history?
I would not.

Close doesn't cut it.

A long way from "proof". Just because it's written in a newspaper doesn't make it a fact.

This is close...flight time:

Reports pieced together from several sources? And by the way that article is the only one I've seen that claims Max was there at the airport. Between 6 and 7 am a child that young was taken to the airport?

Close doesn't cut it.

A long way from "proof". Just because it's written in a newspaper doesn't make it a fact.

And based on something "pieced together from several sources" no less.
And as far as I know, nobody else reported this, so what sources would those be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez