Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an article stated as "Test Release" and authored by Dina Shacknai:

Despite New Expert Reports Brought Forth by Boy's Mother, Coronado Police Department Will Not Reopen Investigation into Max Shacknai's Death

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/09/10/4251904/despite-new-expert-reports-brought.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/09/10/4251904/despite-new-expert-reports-brought.html

Dina Shacknai Vows to Find Justice for her Son by Dina Shacknai

'Additionally, Shacknai said, "It was disclosed by Commander Lawton of the COPD, that the diagram presented at the multi-agency press conference led by Sheriff William Gore on September 2, 2011, illustrating an inaccurate scaling of Max's frame to that of the staircase railing was not prepared by Dr. Gomez, but by the San Diego County District Attorney's Office." "I feel as if science was basically manipulated and distorted to fit a predetermined and politically expedient outcome. I do not intend to stop my fight for justice," Shacknai continued.Dina Shacknai has formally expressed her disappointment and dismay with the COPD's decision to keep the case closed in a letter to the Chief of the Coronado Police Department, Louis Scanlon. Media interested in receiving a copy of this communication should contact the Martz Agency.The public is invited to go to www.maxshacknai.com to find out more information regarding Max's case, to participate in an online petition to reopen the case and to find out who to contact in Coronado and San Diego County to help justice be served. SOURCE Dina Shacknai '

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/09/10/4251904/despite-new-expert-reports-brought.html#storylink=cpy

Now Dina's an author? These cases just keep getting more weird. Edit: Found another source that states this is a Press Release.

No new Shacknai probe; mom wants Zahau files http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/10/no-new-shacknai-probe-mom-wants-zahau-files/

In a six-page letter dated today to Scanlon, Dina Shacknai criticized the decision not to reopen the case. She also requested the “entire investigatory file” on Zahau’s death.

“While Jonah Shacknai received Rebecca’s file, I have been given no access to that information even though I am Maxie’s mother,” she said.

Coronado police could not immediately be reached for comment tonight.

Is Dina entitled to Rebecca's file? Since the family is actively pursuing an independent investigation I would think that information would be off limits to the public at this time.

Imo, it is a defensive maneuver. She wants to see if in contains any damning information that can implicate her in Rebecca's death. She knows that L.E. has nothing to alibi her except a cell phone ping. Imo, she is nervous.

The investigation into Max's accident and subsequent attempt to accuse Rebecca or her sister of assault failed. The reports did not substantively prove that Max's injuries were caused by anything other than an accident. Dina never provided definitively proof that Rebecca and her sister were the only other persons present at the time of Max's fall.

Imo, Jonah was not a participant in Dina's investigation and may have another agenda. If he is involved in a cover-up because he and the two older siblings were present at the time of Max's fall then obviously would not want Dina to know. Imo, Rebecca death and subsequent silence is beneficial to Jonah. If he and the two older siblings were present at the time of Max's accident then Dina could legally go after him and win a major financial settlement. Imo, Jonah is protecting himself and the two older children financially by remaining silent on the details of that morning.

Totally off topic but Dina posted the best picture ever of Max under the topic Max~His Life. His face was glowing with happiness and love. He looked very much like Dina but I can also see Jonah in his face too. The picture she posted was absolutely adorable.

The Coronado Police didn't investigate the Rebecca Zahau death, did they? Wasn't it investigated by the San Diego Sheriff's Department? I also don't know that just because she was the mother of Max that she is entitled to the "investigatory file" on Rebecca's death. I think she could file a "freedom of information" request but it is not a guarantee that she would be given access to the full file.

No new Shacknai probe; mom wants Zahau files http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/10/no-new-shacknai-probe-mom-wants-zahau-files/

In a six-page letter dated today to Scanlon, Dina Shacknai criticized the decision not to reopen the case. She also requested the “entire investigatory file” on Zahau’s death.

“While Jonah Shacknai received Rebecca’s file, I have been given no access to that information even though I am Maxie’s mother,” she said.

Coronado police could not immediately be reached for comment tonight.

Why does Dina want Rebecca's files? And, why would she be entitled to them unless she was charged with a crime. Or is Dina saying the files that just relate to Max's death?

From the recent info about the animation, it seems to me the place to start might be having an accurate animation constructed to see if it then makes more sense.

Why does Dina want Rebecca's files? And, why would she be entitled to them unless she was charged with a crime. Or is Dina saying the files that just relate to Max's death?

From the recent info about the animation, it seems to me the place to start might be having an accurate animation constructed to see if it then makes more sense.

IMO, Dina Romano feels entitled to Rebecca's files because Dina Romano needs to place blame on someone for Maxie's accident.

IMO, Dina Romano is NOT entitled to Rebecca's files. Period.

IMO, she is after JS.

I'm questioning JS has Rebecca's investigative files. Unless Dina Romano is able to PROVE it...I don't believe it.

Is Dina entitled to Rebecca's file? Since the family is actively pursuing an independent investigation I would think that information would be off limits to the public at this time.

Imo, it is a defensive maneuver. She wants to see if in contains any damning information that can implicate her in Rebecca's death. She knows that L.E. has nothing to alibi her except a cell phone ping. Imo, she is nervous.

The investigation into Max's accident and subsequent attempt to accuse Rebecca or her sister of assault failed. The reports did not substantively prove that Max's injuries were caused by anything other than an accident. Dina never provided definitively proof that Rebecca and her sister were the only other persons present at the time of Max's fall.

Imo, Jonah was not a participant in Dina's investigation and may have another agenda. If he is involved in a cover-up because he and the two older siblings were present at the time of Max's fall then obviously would not want Dina to know. Imo, Rebecca death and subsequent silence is beneficial to Jonah. If he and the two older siblings were present at the time of Max's accident then Dina could legally go after him and win a major financial settlement. Imo, Jonah is protecting himself and the two older children financially by remaining silent on the details of that morning.

BBM: I totally agree..

maybe Dina wants the files because she is thinking it IS a possibility that Rebecca was murdered and therefore silenced. it is possible Rebecca held knowledge regarding Maxie's fall that morning.

maybe Dina wants the files because she is thinking it IS a possibility that Rebecca was murdered and therefore silenced. it is possible Rebecca held knowledge regarding Maxie's fall that morning.

Or possibly, Dina Romano wants to know if HER name is the investigative report? Also, Nina Romano confessed to being at the mansion. Nina's name in investigative report?

Dina Romano was MIA for 12 hours, IIRC.

I'm very curious too guys. Why would she be entitled to those records. Futhrrmore, since JS has them, which I've always wondered about why wouldn't he share them? Since JS and RZ were not married one can only hope that he was only privy to case files directly involving his property. Wouldn't only RZ's next of kin have access to the entire case file? Autopsy reports, photos and so on? Someone who knows more about LE procedure please chime in. TIA

Always MOO

What if Dina gets the investigative files on Rebecca's death, and realizes Rebecca was murdered? Would she press for that case to be re-opened as well?

I can't see how or why Dina thinks she is entitled to see Rebecca's investigation. more importantly, is why she would want it. Dina seems content that Rebecca killed Maxie, and then killed herself out of guilt... In her opinion, proof that her lil Maxie was killed. now she wants to go through Rebecca's file, for what? is Dina not satisfied with the results of Rebecca's investigation?

IMO, Dina Romano feels entitled to Rebecca's files because Dina Romano needs to place blame on someone for Maxie's accident.

IMO, Dina Romano is NOT entitled to Rebecca's files. Period.

IMO, she is after JS.

I'm questioning JS has Rebecca's investigative files. Unless Dina Romano is able to PROVE it...I don't believe it.

I agree, IMO she is after JS. She has said that she did not want RZ's family members alone with Max. If the info she had was so damning then wouldn't JS have wanted to keep these individuals away from his children too??? What info could she possibly have had? I think that what she meant was no minors alone with Max. I think she knows there is a cover-up and that she's after JS. I think she maybe going after RZ bc she cannot directly go after JS. I believe that she knows RZ did not murder her son and that it was an accident. I also believe that RZ was not supervising Max that morning and more importantly someone else was. I thing her anger with RZ has more to do with what RZ did or did not say to LE or Dina.
IMO

This thread is about Dina working to have Max's case reopened. Stay on TOPIC.

No more warnings about this, guys.

Salem

Bump!

okay everybody - this has been said a hundred times, i'm sure. But i'm giving it one more shot and then i'm just going to issue tos to everybody.

Dina is a victim of max's death. As his mother, she has every right to want his death re-investigated. Do not bash her. You may talk about her media presence but you cannot keep accusing her of nefarious activity or thoughts - even if it is your opinion. She doesn't warrant that and neither le or msm have given any reason to indicate she is suspect in the death of rz. So... You can talk about her actions, her media presence, and the timeline, but stop the bashing.

Rz is a victim here also. Do not bash her. You may talk about msm, le and timeline information but you cannot keep accusing her of nefarious activity or thoughts - even if it is your opinion. She doesn't warrant that and neither le or msm have given any reason to indicate she is suspect in the death of max.

Both women are victims. Like it or not, that is the way it is and you are expected to post accordingly. If you fail to do so, you will lose posting privileges for a period of time.

Salem

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/10/ddhln.01.html

DR. DREW
Divorce, My Ex, Our Kids
Aired September 10, 2012 - 21:00 ET

'DR. DREW: What you got?

KATHRYN: I`m wondering if Rebecca Zahau`s minor sister who was also in the house with Max and playing with him supposedly has been investigated for the death of Max.

DR. DREW: Would you like to address that?

HALLIER: From what we can tell, the police department never looked at this as a possible homicide. All their investigation was focused on was it being an accident and how the accident happened. She was interviewed. We`ve seen the transcript, but it does not appear she was interviewed with an eye towards someone did something to max.

DR. DREW: Lynn, you`re the one sort of off the set for us today. Do you have any final thoughts for us?

RALPH: I just want to point out something that her attorney said. You know, the great shadow power in the world is prosecutorial discretion. Whether or not we`re going to prove something. And I think people should be aware of through this case that that is very important. And public pressure and stuff does change that. And prosecutors and charging agencies have a lot of power. People should be knowledgeable about that.'

BBM. The focus in this interview of Dina and her attorney seems to be on Rebecca's sister on the morning of Max's accident. The final quote is interesting as well.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/10/ddhln.01.html

DR. DREW
Divorce, My Ex, Our Kids
Aired September 10, 2012 - 21:00 ET

'DR. DREW: What you got?

KATHRYN: I`m wondering if Rebecca Zahau`s minor sister who was also in the house with Max and playing with him supposedly has been investigated for the death of Max.

DR. DREW: Would you like to address that?

HALLIER: From what we can tell, the police department never looked at this as a possible homicide. All their investigation was focused on was it being an accident and how the accident happened. She was interviewed. We`ve seen the transcript, but it does not appear she was interviewed with an eye towards someone did something to max.

DR. DREW: Lynn, you`re the one sort of off the set for us today. Do you have any final thoughts for us?

RALPH: I just want to point out something that her attorney said. You know, the great shadow power in the world is prosecutorial discretion. Whether or not we`re going to prove something. And I think people should be aware of through this case that that is very important. And public pressure and stuff does change that. And prosecutors and charging agencies have a lot of power. People should be knowledgeable about that.'

BBM. The focus in this interview of Dina and her attorney seems to be on Rebecca's sister on the morning of Max's accident. The final quote is interesting as well.

It comes off as legal wrangling by DS's lawyer to implicate JS in the end... JS is the only one that is worth sueing.... I have always found the DS statement about RZ not being allowed to care for MS if other members of RZ's family are around BIZARRE.... extremely odd.... I can see RZ not being the only child minder when other children are around.... what about the other two Shacknai children....? It is okay for RZ to be in charge of all of them but not her sister....it comes off as an after the fact lie ...... all focused on JS being the one who did not follow the DS rules.... I hope she has it in writing because I can't see a civil judge falling for this....

If DS was simply after the truth......but clearly the focus is on finding blame that can ultimately be put on JS ....... for the money.... despicable...

truth and then blame.... but DS only wants the truth to show JS did not follow her rules for care of MS...

any mother and lawyer that can look at those autopsy photos and not see the outline of the scooter on her sons back... is blinded by greed...IMO

It comes off as legal wrangling by DS's lawyer to implicate JS in the end... JS is the only one that is worth sueing.... I have always found the DS statement about RZ not being allowed to care for MS if other members of RZ's family are around BIZARRE.... extremely odd.... I can see RZ not being the only child minder when other children are around.... what about the other two Shacknai children....? It is okay for RZ to be in charge of all of them but not her sister....it comes off as an after the fact lie ...... all focused on JS being the one who did not follow the DS rules.... I hope she has it in writing because I can't see a civil judge falling for this....

If DS was simply after the truth......but clearly the focus is on finding blame that can ultimately be put on JS ....... for the money.... despicable...

truth and then blame.... but DS only wants the truth to show JS did not follow her rules for care of MS...

any mother and lawyer that can look at those autopsy photos and not see the outline of the scooter on her sons back... is blinded by greed...IMO

IMO, I find it pretty despicable to accuse this grieving mother of being more interested in money that she is finding out what happened to her child. IMO, this mother wants to know what happened to her son under Rebecca Zahau's care.

I am not blinded by greed, and I looked at those autopsy photos and did not see the outline of a scooter on Max's back. I saw something much more sinister, IMO.

IMO, I find it pretty despicable to accuse this grieving mother of being more interested in money that she is finding out what happened to her child. IMO, this mother wants to know what happened to her son under Rebecca Zahau's care.

I am not blinded by greed, and I looked at those autopsy photos and did not see the outline of a scooter on Max's back. I saw something much more sinister, IMO.

The pain Dina Romano (also Jonah Shacknai, AND all of Rebecca's loved ones) is feeling is unfathomable to me. She (also Jonah Shacknai, AND all of Rebecca's loved ones) will be grieving for Maxie (and Rebecca) the rest of their lives. I understand why her quest to learn how her Maxie died that tragic morning is important.

Having said that, I think the way she's going about it is a mistake. I find it pretty despicable for her to accuse Rebecca and her sister, in every press release, in every media interview. She shows NO evidence of Rebecca and/or XZ being responsible for Maxie's death. NONE. But yet she STILL continues to do so. And by do so, IMO, she has opened herself up to speculations regarding her motives. Yes, she is grieving. Yes, she is in unimaginable pain. As is Jonah and Rebecca's loved ones. However, it doesn't excuse Dina Romano of her actions, statements and accusations regarding Rebecca and XZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez