Discussion between the verdict and sentencing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And OP must have been enraged when Dr Stipp came onto the scene and put a damper on his theatrics by removing his fingers and confirming Reeva was in fact dead. So much so that he had the absolute ****s to claim on the stand that Dr Stipp didn't know what he was doing.

Yes. It is positively Hitchcock-ian to murder someone in a blind rage, be crapping yourself about your next move and calling your handlers, decide to buy time/vacate the crime scene by driving the body to the hospital, have your car running and the front door open, and seconds before, in walks a DOCTOR!!!

UK - On 'Pick' (Freeview) channel 11 'Pistorius: The Full Story'
tonight 2300.00-00.

thankyou for thanking this link 'konya'
it's a maze in here and lots of .::gaah:symbols
:moo:

thank you, so:

he made one call to silverwoods security [no answer]
one call to 10111 [out of order?]

shots

second call to security [got through] - i assume then that this is the 3:15:51 call. not the first one.

you have dr stipp's phone records too?... knowing the time of the 10111 call [or the first call to security] would really pin down the shots time. or would there be no record of these calls?

Calls that aren't answered do not always get recorded (e.g. you don't see them on your phone records and you don't pay for them). It depends on the nature of the call. Your phone might record them though (mine does).

Is it possible to get it into the hands of Nel as well?? I guess the NPA will pass it along to him, but how I wish that we had a directly line to Nel, or that he at least reads some of the posts here on WS!

I understand that's exactly where they went.

I think he's just a darn good liar, using his past achievements and boyish looks ,and wearing a suit that's a bit big for him to appeal to the Judge's good nature,and repetitive references to his faith and god etc.....she even mentions about going to Church on Sundays. He even said after he was sworn in at the start of his Cross Exam with Nel that he would 'try to tell the truth' ,,,,,,,who the heck says that if they intended to tell the truth ? very very odd,and can't think for a minute that the Judge and Assessors didn't view that as a red flag from the outset.......very very odd. They liked Oscar, they had a paralympic medal winning Olympic Champion infront of them crying a wretching and saying he'd made a mistake, prays a lot and begging to be believed - they fell for it hook line and sinker. The Judge ignored or twisted all the damning evidence against Oscar as if some of it didn't exist - you couldn't have made it up.

Personally , I think that Judge was far too inexperienced to cope with such a high profile case.

An acting coach leaked the info via a journalist friend of hers that OP had had acting lessons from her prior to trial. There are links to the story way way back in this forum, I remember reading about it when the trial started. I do agree with what you have said though, and his ex girlfriend said that he is a very good liar and regularly uses tears and theatrics to manipulate people after he has behaved badly. This whole business is just too awful, Reeva's poor family :( Edited to add: Soozie I am very sorry to hear about your own experience, I imagine it must be very difficult for you to follow cases like this one.

03:15:51 is the time of the call to Security (I agree with Roux and Misipa, but I would, because it's in the telephone records)

Stipp says he calls Security after hearing the 2nd set of shots. This is what brings them to his house and ultimately he goes to OP's house, via the Security Gate (to check it's ok to go).

Nhlengethwa calls at 03:16:13 and 03:16:36.

Stipp hears no other sounds. Nhlengethwa hears no more sounds (and he lives next door!). Security hear no other sounds.

The only justification for putting the shots at 03:17 is Johnson's call time for which there is no independent telephone record. Just Johnson's say so. Oh, and Roux's. And, unfortunately, Nel's, who says "around 3:17".

dr stipp didn't make a call to 10111 at 3:17. or if he did, where is that on the record???

People, we really should have seen this coming - just look at this twitter feed dated 14 April 2014

https://twitter.com/OscarTrial199/status/455688115026685952

Amelia Bhebhe ‏@ameliabhebhe Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 This woman has a soft spot for Oscar..
Reply Retweet Favorite More
Cindy Kruger ‏@ab8cb3bfa8314ed Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 y is the jugde always takin oscars side...
5:48 AM - 14 Apr 2014 · Details
Olivia Vilakazi ‏@OliviaVilakazi Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 I don't think we will get the truth from oscar if the judge goes on like this
mlungisi mncube ‏@mlungisi4 Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 I think the Judge is soften by Oscar's emotions the Judge isn't suppose to buy into emotions.
mlungisi mncube ‏@mlungisi4 Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 is this Judge appropriate for this case? I don't think so but will have to c
Moira ‏@poolstaylormade Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 ... He's lost the plot! ... not a 'so-called' psychological problem ... simply confused by HIS lies! Irritating!!!
Rox moleme ‏@roxmere Apr 14
@OliviaVilakazi @OscarTrial199 Lol my lady also make me sick
KaYLa DeNiLia ‏@Miss_KayBubblez Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 I don't hope Oscar gets off the hook too easy, Judge should look at Reeva's family!!
matthew snowball ‏@m_snowball Apr 14
@OscarTrial199 I don't think nel conceded I think he said we will get 2 that
evans nyajeka ‏@vancy09 Apr 15
@OscarTrial199:Judge Masipa says one may'think'one thing,but'hope'another thing..it's not a contradiction.Nel concedes the point.#oscartrial

Just started reading Lisa's verdict update

as usual an excellent read- passionate advocate for justice

http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014...rdict-reasonable/comment-page-1/#comment-1529

I'm telling you. She screamed. He aimed.
Thanks for this.
From your link:

The pause after the first shot, allowing Reeva time to scream and Oscar to re-aim. This was a point that was substantiated by 4 pieces of evidence. First, Burger’s testimony. She stated she clearly heard a pause after the first shot and before the remaining three shots. Second, bullet holes B, C and D are from a different angle than shot A. Oscar changed positions after shot A. Third, Mangena’s ballistics evidence showed that in order for the bullets to hit Reeva on her body where they did, utilizing the trajectories of the holes in the door, there had to have been a period of time in which Reeva fell down after the first (hip) shot and when the second shot was fired that missed her. If she had not fallen down yet, that second shot would have hit her somewhere on her body. It did not. So some period of time, even if it was small, had to pass between shot A and shot B. A pause! Third, the blood spatter, brain matter and hair that were found on the toilet bowl lid proved that Reeva’s head was directly in front of the toilet when it was hit. In rapid succession, her head would not have been in that position. Judge Masipa is deliberately ignoring physical evidence here.

On page 12 there is a typo: "cricket bat" is written as "cricket back". I wonder how many other mistakes are contained in this doc...:gaah:
A much worse mistake is in the state's HOA, where "millimeters" is written place of "milligrams" over and over. That is a conceptual mistake, not just a typo, and it's so glaring that it boggles the mind that no one on the PT caught it.

ETA: "Over and over" may be overstating it. I just checked and I see it occurred 3 times. Still ...

I'm telling you. She screamed. He aimed.
Thanks for this.
From your link:

The pause after the first shot, allowing Reeva time to scream and Oscar to re-aim. This was a point that was substantiated by 4 pieces of evidence. First, Burger’s testimony. She stated she clearly heard a pause after the first shot and before the remaining three shots. Second, bullet holes B, C and D are from a different angle than shot A. Oscar changed positions after shot A. Third, Mangena’s ballistics evidence showed that in order for the bullets to hit Reeva on her body where they did, utilizing the trajectories of the holes in the door, there had to have been a period of time in which Reeva fell down after the first (hip) shot and when the second shot was fired that missed her. If she had not fallen down yet, that second shot would have hit her somewhere on her body. It did not. So some period of time, even if it was small, had to pass between shot A and shot B. A pause! Third, the blood spatter, brain matter and hair that were found on the toilet bowl lid proved that Reeva’s head was directly in front of the toilet when it was hit. In rapid succession, her head would not have been in that position. Judge Masipa is deliberately ignoring physical evidence here.

And this could be why one bullet casing was found further back than the other three casings indicating he had moved position for a better aim. Guilty as hell IMO !

now on Pick on channel 11 in UK - Pistorius: The Full Story
oh gawd, listening to Oscar's crying voice,- he got to her and she was not breathing, and I remember that after Oscar broke down and Court adjourned, he came back to the Stand and continued cross exam with Nel from point he'd broken down..........and said- he got to her and Reeva was breathing, make your mind up Oscar.........remember your lies !:tantrum:- after sentencing :jail:

In post #1480 in Trial Discussion Thread #53 PrimeSuspect wrote, in response to me,

"I don't know what trial you listened too but that isn't true. In fact Nel ALWAYS used Reeva's name."

That's quite a claim. Always? That's setting the bar at audacious Pistorian levels. I mean, all you had to do was a basic search on the internet. If you had, you'd find that your claim is not even close to being true. In fact, in doing a little research, I would now wager that Nel used "the deceased" in court more often, perhaps much more often, than "Reeva". That would be laborious to prove. Here's what I can prove:

In talking to witnesses, Nel uses "the deceased" a lot. Examples are all over the place.

----“But that led, on your version, to the killing of the deceased,” Nel said. Derman said he could not comment on this.----

----Nel to Wolmarans: The deceased could not have fallen flat on the floor, because we have to take into account the arm and heard wound.----

--Nel to Van Zyl: Yesterday you gave evidence on what you knew on the relationship between the accused and the deceased? … You also indicated yesterday that the deceased was the first girlfriend that the accused wanted to take his girlfriend overseas?----

----Nel to Lundgren: If the deceased was involved in a long argument with the accused before death, that would delay her gastric emptying?----

Etc. etc. Beyond this, we have Nel addressing Masipa, and even Roux, where he uses "the deceased" often. Why would this even be surprising? A few examples:

----(Opening statement): We argue that the accused version cannot be possibly true and should be rejected. The only inference from the circumstantial evidence is that the accused shot and killed the deceased. There are no eyewitnesses, just the circumstantial evidence.----

----To Roux: The shot at 3.17am caused the deceased's death. Before that, she was screaming. After that, there was no scream. That's my case. (Mar. 6)----

----(Closing statement, aka HOA): We have, if there’s no perceived intruder, the deceased, 3 o’clock in the morning, locking herself into her toilet,” Nel said. “We have the deceased, 3 o c’lock in the morning, taking her cell phone with her to the toilet. We have the deceased, 3 o’clock in the morning, standing upright, fully clothed, and shot four times. There’s no intruder. There’s no noises. That is our argument.----

But what about the crossex of OP? It's true Nel uses "Reeva" here. But he uses "the deceased" as well:

----Nel to OP: The deceased for no reason opened the window. Why? It didn’t happen.----

----Nel to OP: My argument will be that spatter came from when you carried the deceased.----

---Nel: You see Mr Pistorius, it was never moved, that door was open when you and the deceased got into an argument, the fan was there, the duvet was there, the curtains were in that exact position, nobody moved anything.----

----Nel: The only reasonable inference is that the deceased ran screaming from there, that's why we heard screams, and the door was never closed. OP: That's not true M'lady.----

----Nel: you heard the window slide open. You didn’t hear the deceased get up? Nothing on the bed? OP: No.----

----OP: The fan couldn't possibly have been there because it's in the way of the doors opening.
Nel: Indeed, indeed. I agree. Because your version is a lie. You never closed the curtains in the first place ... That door was open when you and the deceased got into an argument.----

Sorry PrimeSuspect, but your claim is not reasonably possibly true.

As for links, I haven't included one for each quote. But you can search on google for [Nel Pistorius "the deceased"] and get lots of hits. You'll be able to verify the above without too much effort.

shortened with respect... cool to look some time back.

I remember Masipa saying: " I dont want to punish him twice" ( argument for not beeing an inmate at Weskopies)

So I wait for the one.

Me too buntspecht, I think we will be waiting for a long time. I keep imagining JM saying at sentencing that the poor wee soul (or the SA equivalent as JM isn't Scottish AFAIK) has suffered enough...it's a shame, his life is in ruins, career cut short, massive paper hankie bill, expense of installing green buckets in every room in his house blah blah. Then she'll give him a suspended sentence and OP and his revolting family will continue to behave exactly as they wish without consequence, just because they can. Something I have wondered about is this - is perjury not against the law in SA, because JM made it clear in her ruling that she believes OP lied under oath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth