Discussion Thread #60 - 14.9.12 ~ the appeal~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the burden of attending court proceedings lifted, June Steenkamp looks transformed. I could really see Reeva in her during this interview. It's so sad that her and Barry's burden could not have been lightened a little more by the reassurance they had heard the truth in court. I really do believe vengeance was not their aim and that more truthful, straightforward testimony would ultimately have been better for Oscar Pistorius and his family, as well as Reeva's.

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/...holds-out-for-truth-in-death-of-her-daughter/

If only OP had told the truth in the beginning, he would have been much better off himself notwithstanding for the Steenkamps.

He would have had much less legal fees, a house or two he could have rented out while in gaol, a better reputation if he told the truth plus a reduced sentence and more respect. The Steenkamps will always wonder about why he did it and "the truth would have set him free" as they say or at least he would have got out of prison earlier.

Or would he have?

In that case, I guess he would have been charged with premeditated murder so does anyone know if he had pleaded guilty, what the reduced sentence would have been?

Maybe still at least 15 years in prison (if the appeal is successful) but at least he would have had money when he came out again and we would understand why he did it.

Just pondering today about this.

If only OP had told the truth in the beginning, he would have been much better off himself notwithstanding for the Steenkamps.

He would have had much less legal fees, a house or two he could have rented out while in gaol, a better reputation if he told the truth plus a reduced sentence and more respect. The Steenkamps will always wonder about why he did it and "the truth would have set him free" as they say or at least he would have got out of prison earlier.

Or would he have?

In that case, I guess he would have been charged with premeditated murder so does anyone know if he had pleaded guilty, what the reduced sentence would have been?

Maybe still at least 15 years in prison (if the appeal is successful) but at least he would have had money when he came out again and we would understand why he did it.

I also think, what most people blame him, is his cowardice and great dishonesty. He now has lost all respect.

BBM .. I also wondered what became of his pet monkey :cry:

Perhaps they are with "loved bro' "CM at their known home, because CM already was used to look after and is now living in OP's house?

He really is a nasty piece of work.

Reeva had the great misfortune to walk into this IED.

It's interesting that Judges still rely on relatively old fashioned approaches to assessing the likelihood of points of evidence.

Yet if you look at new approaches revolving around similarity analysis - you can see quite a clear pattern of behaviour building up over time.

When abusive and violent conduct finally culminated in that brutal assault that can't be swept under the rug, the Court seemed to demand a smoking gun in the past - like written death threats.

I can think of a famous case in NZ where it turned out such a smoking gun was discovered simply because the woman was assaulted with non-lethal force on a prior occasion.

However it can be that the woman simply does not survive the first major escalation

My friend who worked for many years in a women's shelter takes a very different view to Masipa as to what a pattern of escalation looks like

There will be anger management issues, often combined with problem drinking.

Sometimes the person is quite successful - but may even have depressive episodes relating to their career.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-jay View Post
BBM .. I also wondered what became of his pet monkey

Sorry, that I'm blind! I meant to answer the question about OP's dogs ...

Perhaps they are with "loved bro' "CM at their known home, because CM already was used to look after and is now living in OP's house?

Or would he have?

There is no way he would ever admit to the murder of Reeva, firstly because he wanted to be able to get off of a prison sentence completely and secondly, I believe he is ashamed of his actions* and even if he were convicted of murder of 'a person' at the end of the appeal, he still will never, ever admit the truth.

*most violent partners are like this .. they act in the red mist of anger, then are immediately regretful of their actions (and this is why many of them drink or take drugs because they cannot stand the thought of what they are really like as a person, they have to have something which enables them to forget). They will also do and say anything that will put them in the clear because they don't want people to know what kind of person they really are. June and Barry Steenkamp (and the rest of the world) will never know what happened that night .. well, not by admission on his part, anyway .. it would only be if some other new damning evidence came to light that proved it.

"Pals … Christo Menelaou, left, with Reeva and Pistorius"

OscarChristo.jpg

No, not Reeva but Sam; pic just found. (Link doesn't work.)

So apparently the story that OP "lost" it after hearing the news of the appeal... is untrue! And guess who said it's untrue? One of his lawyers. So he must be right then :rolleyes:

Funny how whenever OP "loses" it, which is a lot... it is never ever true. How unlucky is this guy that all the numerous accounts of his vicious temper and aggressive behaviour have always been fabricated??? Considering his latest temper tantrum is true to character, I'd say it's the lawyer who's fabricating things.

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/arti...rum-after-learning-of-appeal-untrue-video.htm

http://you.co.za/news/oscar-pistorius/inside-oscars-home/

Inside Oscar’s home
By Alet van Zyl on September 10, 2014

The house was bought by Louwtjie, joint owner of Thamani Mining Consultants, for R4,5 million – a bargain compared with what other houses in the area are going for. Louwtjie, who lives in Boksburg, Gauteng, with his doctor wife, Joey, final-year medical student son Niël and daughter Joey, who’s in Grade 11, says he had three reasons for buying the house.

Secondly, media coverage of Reeva’s death caused him to be impressed with the estate’s excellent security. “I saw on TV none of the houses has burglar bars and except for the incident at Oscar’s house (hahaha) there had never been any other crime incidents at the estate,” he says over hot chocolate at a shopping centre near his home in Jansen Park.

garage.jpg

(much more pics)

Hello all!

This is my first post in this forum, athough I have followed the trial since almost the beginning. In my opinion OP is a cold blooded killer and the CH conviction will be overturned.

One thing I noticed during the trial is Pistorius' love of watches. I am a watch person myself, watches are my hobby and I have worked hard to aquire the few that I own. With that said, I could never imagine that after such a "terrible accident" I would really care what has happened to a watch of mine, whether I thought it was stolen or not! Under these circumstances I would never think to ask my brother to bring me a watch while I was being held in a police station, nor would I dare ask my uncle to take care of my watch while I has heading to prison!

Watches are objects and can be replaced. A human life cannot.
OP is concious only about his image and how he presents himself in public. He does not care if he hurts others, he has no wish to come clean and speak the truth. We will never really know what happened that night. Poor Reeva was just a trophy, a good looking accesory to boost his image.

I really hope that in the end justice will be served and the killer will get the right conviction for his actions.

So the Appeal Battle begins.

Even Masipa concedes the chance of a murder conviction is better than remote.

(That she even admitted this is striking.)

If Oscar was sweating bullets walking into prison, he’s now sweating cannon balls. :D

Hi Dora, and :welcome4:
It's great to welcome a new member. New people bring in fresh ideas and they're always appreciated.

* Closed, locked door.
* Zero threat.
* A “noise” magically morphs into an “attack”.
* A trained, certified gun owner “doesn’t have time to think”.
* Said gun owner never intends to shoot but pulls the trigger four times with ultra-lethal Black Talons by “accident”.

The total illogic of OP’s story, the ‘perfect storm’ implausibility, the sheer impossibility of his version cannot be overstated.

OP commands that the silent, invisible “intruder” “Get the f##k out of my house!”*.

But what does he do next?

He instantly prevents the very action he demands! He preemptively executes the silent, invisible, non-threatening “intruder”. 100% illogical - unless you’re OP. On his version, he could not allow that door to open - Reeva’s appearance would have killed his dark fairytale vibe.

Sounds like 100% murder to me.

Oscar himself ADMITS he had no reason to shoot!

pg 309
Nel: We know for a fact that she was not a threat.
OP: That is correct, M'Lady.
Nel: We know for a fact you had no reason to shoot.
OP: That is correct.

One assumes that “no reason” means exactly that. Were it otherwise, he would have said no, I shot in self-defense.

If Reeva was no threat - the “intruder” was no threat.

Without any threat or attack (real or imminent), how does PPD stand as a credible defense?

This crucial legal element is entirely missing in his version.

One cannot lawfully kill in self-defense based on (alleged) “fear” alone. (Wouldn’t we all turn into killers? LOL)

Attack is the test ... not fear.

Yet Masipa bizarrely acquits him of murder.

“Errors” in factual findings naturally (and oh so conveniently) lead to wrong conclusions, wrong questions, gross errors in law and manifestly unjust verdicts - as this case spectacularly illustrates.

This is where the SCA will nail Masipa and convict Oscar of murder.

They MUST - otherwise the social and legal landscape will become an even more murderous Wild West.

“Fear” is now the ultimate defense to murder.

Every defense attorney will simply cite State v Pistorius.

* I have no doubt OP did indeed scream those exact words - to Reeva. He did indeed perceive “danger”, a “threat” (to his career, lifestyle, image, ego) - Reeva. He’s the worst, most calculating kind of sociopathic liar - he incorporates every bit of truth possible into his lies without compromising his false “version”. Voila - Truth and Lies become one. Turn on the endless, dramatic “remorse” and even he believes his own story.

I'll be so glad when this year ends and live in hope that 2015 will be a happier year for everyone. It just seems the world went mad this year with disappointment and sorrow for so many. We were all saddened by this trial and the grief suffered by the Steenkamps together with the unimaginable horror of world events.

This was my beautiful city of Sydney yesterday evening. What a way to end the year the week before Christmas.

Attachments

• sydneysiege6.jpg
    sydneysiege6.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 138
Sydney.jpg

Two hostages, 34-year-old Lindt Café manager Tori Johnson and 38-year-old mother of three Katrina Dawson were killed, according to local reports.

http://oscarpistorius.com/

“We have every confidence as a family that when the world has heard the full evidence* that this will prove to be a terrible and tragic accident which has changed many lives forever. We are praying for everyone touched by this tragedy.”

* The world has heard only BS evidence, IMO.

And the world is not longer willing to hear/read the phrase "accident", IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi