Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a thought provoking post – semantics, indeed! I hadn't considered before that since Nurmi prefaced his words to the Hughes with WHAT IF, he was positing it as a hypothetical, but now I see and you're exactly right! Nurmi most definitely chose his words carefully before making that phone call.

I would love if you could provide some more information on what happened in court 8/8 through 8/15 2010. It's fascinating stuff! I would love to see all the missing pieces to the puzzle as they relate to Matt M, Heather Nitterauer and Victoria Washington. Can you direct me to some sources involving this information?

Everything I found out was in the minutes and the hearings posted on youtube. I watched Nurmi questioning Chris Hughes on the stand in the hearing on Day 10 of the trial. Also Sky Hughes testified on day 19. The minute entries are very interesting, because so many of them tell about JA filing her own in handwritten form. This woman has learned a lot in jail and when she goes to prison she will continue to file motions because they can't stop her. She is loading up the court with frivolous paper work.

I think the best witness that testified for the State was Abe A. Nurmi questioned him on the phone on Day 10 and Abe, in a respectful FIRM AUTHORTIVE way put the fat man in his place. I laughed at the end when Abe said did you hear what I said, I am on the phone and can't tell. Nurmi, answered in a belligerent way, "yes I heard you. In one of the video's on You Tube you can see JM slightly smile. Then when Abe was on the stand in the re-trial he did excellent and didn't let the DT put words in his mouth and came across as HONEST, which the DT don't like because their client is such a liar.(there are several videos of Chris testifying, one I found on an HLN site in their archives)

In one of the earlier motions, V. Washington tried to get the fact that JA lied precluded from the trial. She didn't want the state to claim JA was a liar. I could not believe it. The Court said they would take it under advisement. I was floored. But sometime later they ruled that if she lied the State could say she lied.

On 5/24/2011 Defense demanded any and all notes in the matter of the attempted interrogation of Matt McMcartney. Somehow Det EF also tried to interrogate Matt McMartney because the court ordered EF to turn over notes in a timely manner. Later in the Minute Entries, EF said he didn't take any notes. I love this detective. Defense obviously wanted to know what Matt said to make his run like a rabbit.

We need to see what happened in the ex parte meetings JSS kept letting the defense have that eliminated the PT and the Victims. Only JA and her team and sometimes just JA. I thought that was illegal and could compromise the judge. Those hearings are where a lot happened and some of them are on YouTube, but many are sealed. I think the DT started having the hearings sealed when they found out so many were getting on YouTube.

Casandra has documented mental problems - the courts found her unable to participate in trials and IIRC ordered treatment for her in the past. I don't understand why they continue to take her complaints. She should be labeled a frivolous litigator, or whatever you call it, because while her complaints never go anywhere, the people named have to take time to show up and answer the charges, etc. One of the more recent victims of hers was Jen/Trial Diaries - CC claimed Jen was harassing her on twitter, but there were absolutely no comments made by Jen to her or about her. She must live a very tortured life with all of her delusions, etc., and I do feel sorry for her, but enough is enough.

Casandra has documented mental problems - the courts found her unable to participate in trials and IIRC ordered treatment for her in the past. I don't understand why they continue to take her complaints. She should be labeled a frivolous litigator, or whatever you call it, because while her complaints never go anywhere, the people named have to take time to show up and answer the charges, etc. One of the more recent victims of hers was Jen/Trial Diaries - CC claimed Jen was harassing her on twitter, but there were absolutely no comments made by Jen to her or about her. She must live a very tortured life with all of her delusions, etc., and I do feel sorry for her, but enough is enough.

Thank you very much for this. I had no idea. I was attributing her behavior to being a drama queen and I can make fun of that, but not true mental illness. :(

Thank you.

As for the courts continuing to accept her papers because until something is investigated they have to assume it's the truth. Some of the more outlandish or obvious charges, no, but omg, what if one of those things did happen to her but was dismissed because of her history? I understand why they don't put a stop to it.

JA had a hand written motion filed 11/16/2011 Order Note that the Maricopa County Attorney and his assignee's from making further extra judicial statements concerning the facts of the investigation and or defendants conduct while incarcerated. ( She was talking about Sheriff Joe in the latter part of the motion LOL) Then on 11/29/2011 DT filed motion in Limine to preclude references to Mr. Alexander as the "the victim" Court took it under advisement and later in Minute Entry 3/12/2012 Court ruled that defendant would not be prejudiced if Mr. Alexander was referred to as a victim in front of the jury during the trial. The States evidence will show Mr. Alexander was the victim of a homicide. The nerve of this monster is unreal.

She also tried to get the Death Penalty dismissed on the grounds of her not getting a speedy trial. She filed that motion on 12/29/2011. On 3/12/2012 Court denied her motion because her own defense team delayed the trial and when Washington quit, they had to delay it again and it was more important to defendant to have adequate council than have a speedy trial.
I cannot believe this motion was ever filed. They Delay and then want to get rewarded for delaying.

If you go through the minutes from the beginning you will be shocked. She got a lot precluded that never should have been precluded. They claimed it was too prejudicial. Everything she did was prejudicial. She KILLED him and she planned it and she covered it up. A lot of those text messages were also precluded that were bad for her. Also photo's were precluded. She tried to get HER NUDES on June 4th precluded but after two months the court ruled they would be included and if the defense wanted to argue at the time the prosecutor wanted to show them then they could argue then. AND THEY DID. There is so much in those minute entries, I hope they let us view some of those hearings when this circus is over.

JA had a hand written motion filed 11/16/2011 Order Note that the Maricopa County Attorney and his assignee's from making further extra judicial statements concerning the facts of the investigation and or defendants conduct while incarcerated. ( She was talking about Sheriff Joe in the latter part of the motion LOL) Then on 11/29/2011 DT filed motion in Limine to preclude references to Mr. Alexander as the "the victim" Court took it under advisement and later in Minute Entry 3/12/2012 Court ruled that defendant would not be prejudiced if Mr. Alexander was referred to as a victim in front of the jury during the trial. The States evidence will show Mr. Alexander was the victim of a homicide. The nerve of this monster is unreal.

She also tried to get the Death Penalty dismissed on the grounds of her not getting a speedy trial. She filed that motion on 12/29/2011. On 3/12/2012 Court denied her motion because her own defense team delayed the trial and when Washington quit, they had to delay it again and it was more important to defendant to have adequate council than have a speedy trial.
I cannot believe this motion was ever filed. They Delay and then want to get rewarded for delaying.

If you go through the minutes from the beginning you will be shocked. She got a lot precluded that never should have been precluded. They claimed it was too prejudicial. Everything she did was prejudicial. She KILLED him and she planned it and she covered it up. A lot of those text messages were also precluded that were bad for her. Also photo's were precluded. She tried to get HER NUDES on June 4th precluded but after two months the court ruled they would be included and if the defense wanted to argue at the time the prosecutor wanted to show them then they could argue then. AND THEY DID. There is so much in those minute entries, I hope they let us view some of those hearings when this circus is over.

I hope and pray this demon never gets a new trial because I want her locked up and forgotten. The time for that is long overdue already.

However, if the worst happens and Killer gets a new trial based on judicial error, I hope it is presided over by a real judge...one who will not take any carp and one who will not preclude actual evidence of her guilt for being too prejudicial.

Everything I found out was in the minutes and the hearings posted on youtube. I watched Nurmi questioning Chris Hughes on the stand in the hearing on Day 10 of the trial. Also Sky Hughes testified on day 19. The minute entries are very interesting, because so many of them tell about JA filing her own in handwritten form. This woman has learned a lot in jail and when she goes to prison she will continue to file motions because they can't stop her. She is loading up the court with frivolous paper work.

I think the best witness that testified for the State was Abe A. Nurmi questioned him on the phone on Day 10 and Abe, in a respectful FIRM AUTHORTIVE way put the fat man in his place. I laughed at the end when Abe said did you hear what I said, I am on the phone and can't tell. Nurmi, answered in a belligerent way, "yes I heard you. In one of the video's on You Tube you can see JM slightly smile. Then when Abe was on the stand in the re-trial he did excellent and didn't let the DT put words in his mouth and came across as HONEST, which the DT don't like because their client is such a liar.(there are several videos of Chris testifying, one I found on an HLN site in their archives)

In one of the earlier motions, V. Washington tried to get the fact that JA lied precluded from the trial. She didn't want the state to claim JA was a liar. I could not believe it. The Court said they would take it under advisement. I was floored. But sometime later they ruled that if she lied the State could say she lied.

On 5/24/2011 Defense demanded any and all notes in the matter of the attempted interrogation of Matt McMcartney. Somehow Det EF also tried to interrogate Matt McMartney because the court ordered EF to turn over notes in a timely manner. Later in the Minute Entries, EF said he didn't take any notes. I love this detective. Defense obviously wanted to know what Matt said to make his run like a rabbit.

We need to see what happened in the ex parte meetings JSS kept letting the defense have that eliminated the PT and the Victims. Only JA and her team and sometimes just JA. I thought that was illegal and could compromise the judge. Those hearings are where a lot happened and some of them are on YouTube, but many are sealed. I think the DT started having the hearings sealed when they found out so many were getting on YouTube.

Wow! I have watched many of those videos, but I wasn't getting the tie-in with the behind-the-scenes stuff. Thanks so much for taking the time to put all this stuff in writing!

It is hard to remember ALL of the insanity of this trial. If for one minute anyone thinks JA is anything but a deranged, evil <insert noun of choice> just watch this astounding bit of testimony. The killer's irrepressible GLEE is so eerie and bizarre that it will give a sane person nightmares. :notgood::notgood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6Rd3q-e2M

I feel sorry that she had to be a cellmate with a murderer too. Can you imagine having to exist on a day to day basis with the likes of CMJA? I would probably have suffocated IT, and blamed it on a suicide that I must have slept through. :jail:

I hope and pray this demon never gets a new trial because I want her locked up and forgotten. The time for that is long overdue already.

However, if the worst happens and Killer gets a new trial based on judicial error, I hope it is presided over by a real judge...one who will not take any carp and one who will not preclude actual evidence of her guilt for being too prejudicial.

Me too krkrjx.

Now, here is a question for anyone in the know--God forbid that this monster ever get another trial but if that were to happen is she eligible for the Death Penalty again?

Me too krkrjx.

Now, here is a question for anyone in the know--God forbid that this monster ever get another trial but if that were to happen is she eligible for the Death Penalty again?

Monica Lindstrom isn't addressing judicial error here, but this is what she said wrt juror 17:

Is there any possibility that the #jodiarias verdict can be thrown out if juror misconduct is found?

Lindstrom: Let's look at reality -- juror misconduct is difficult, though not impossible, to prove. I doubt very much the non-verdict would be thrown out. The guilty verdict will stand, the aggravating factor verdict will stand. There was no other verdict in this case. You cannot throw out a hung jury decision and then sentence her to death; it doesn't work that way in our system. The reality is that the state only gets two bites at the apple and both bites resulted in a hung jury.

I think that what I bolded above applies, in any case. CMJA can appeal, but she's never getting a new trial.

Snipped from a January 2nd, 2013 article.... SAD!!!!

His friend Dave Hall says:

"Travis was the type of guy to give you the shirt off his back, you know. He always opened his house to you if you ever needed, threw tons of parties, he was a clean-cut, good, wholesome guy and just a great, great friend. Today, he'd most likely be married, and he would have kids and what a great father he would make. And it just kills me to think that he's not here with us all because Jodi just couldn't let him go."

"That bathroom and those details are part of what haunt Dave Hall. He had stayed with Alexander shortly before he was murdered. "I was there in that house. I was staying for a whole week, there in the bedroom next door to where he was murdered. So when I watched the news broadcast, and I hear them talk about the description of the bloody palm print on the wall and in the shower and stuff -- I've been there. I've stood there, I've touched those walls, you know, I've been in that bathroom. It's like I've stood there, and it's really eerie to try to get these images out of my mind of my poor friend standing there and being shot, and then stabbed, and I visualize him fighting for his life and trying to get that knife away from Jodi."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/01/jodi-arias-travis-alexander-killer-romance

If software like that fontmaker was used - it would be a wonderful gift to the prosecution because it's so easy to see that each character/letter would be exactly the same. We all have slight variations of letters within a single piece of handwriting. My [a] looks slightly different in different words depending on the surrounding characters.

I mean, in our handwriting/printing each letter isn't a carbon copy of itself. It would look like a typewriter wrote it, but each character of course would be in TA's own style.

Too bad MM chickened out.

QUESTION: How could it ever be prosecutorial misconduct (as the DT alleged?) to tell a potential witness that because they're under oath, a lie is perjury and there are ramifications to breaking the law? I honestly do not see how that is misconduct.

I agree with the member here who said they would have loved to hear that conversation between JM and MM! :happydance: He was champing at the bit to get MM on the stand and I loved seeing him that way :D Oh, yeah...just a little crush on Juan Martinez. :blushing:

BBM: It could only be prosecutor misconduct in a defense attorney's mind, and I doubt most defense attorneys would just jump to such a conclusion. Nurmi took Juan's (paraphrased) warning of "don't get on the stand if you plan to lie because if you lie I will prosecute" and turned it into "don't get on the stand and testify the way you plan to because if you do, I will prosecute."

Nurmi likes to twist people's words and actions into something self-serving. He did it probably half a million times to Travis's words, both written and spoken. Remember when Nurms told the jury that he once said "good morning" to Dr. DeMarte and she couldn't even come up with a simple response? He was basically stating that as proof that she is one who is easily confused and does not have an answer for anything that is not rehearsed in advance.

Nurmi is as disgusting as his client, imo. He didn't physically murder, but he did a great job of re-victimizing his client's victim, and then went on to vomit excuse after excuse for her actions on June 4. One who condones a slaughter is just as dangerous as one who slaughters.

I have always been "one of the few" to think he was way more involved than we know. JMO

I agree. I don't think he knew she was going to kill Travis, but I'm 100% sure he knew after the fact. I'm not sure what she has over him to make him her lap dog, but it's was big enough for him to lie for her. I'm positive he helped her with the pedo letters. What a creep.

I agree. I don't think he knew she was going to kill Travis, but I'm 100% sure he knew after the fact. I'm not sure what she has over him to make him her lap dog, but it's was big enough for him to lie for her. I'm positive he helped her with the pedo letters. What a creep.

I would think that there mere fact that MM has maintained his silence during JA's trials speaks volumes about his complicity on some level. If he were innocent of any wrong-doing, why not speak up? JM's threats to reveal MM's part in this crime and/or cover-up must have hit a nerve. I believe he did some quick calculations and realized that JA wasn't worth risking things over. Still, wouldn't it be nice to know...

I followed the Anthony case as well as this one. The Anthony case left an emptiness in me. Sadness that a killer went free, and I have no doubts about this. In this case, Travis Alexander, guilt and gruelity was found and justice will happen.I feel peace about this. I wanted death but life will be justice. I want Jodi to go away and be forgotten. I'm tired of Jodi. I hope at sentencing Travis's family talk just about him and who he really was. After all the ugliness of the defense they need to share all about who Travis was in truth. Let his family and friends have the last word. And, don't let Jodi say a d#'m thing! Then drag Jodi away for good. Let us all forget Jodi and remember Travis, Jodi will hate that. Lets pray his family finds peace.

I haven't kept up with this case for a little while. What's this about a new trial? Is there a chance for one or not? Seems to me Jodi would STFU and be glad she'll not get the DP.

I'm not a Dave Hall fan. Even though the loyalty to getting justice for Travis is genuine, and that's what this is all about, every time his name is mentioned, I grind my teeth in revile because of the ancient park treasures he gleefully destroyed.

Is the Manifesto still only available via Court Chatter ? tia.

It is hard to remember ALL of the insanity of this trial. If for one minute anyone thinks JA is anything but a deranged, evil <insert noun of choice> just watch this astounding bit of testimony. The killer's irrepressible GLEE is so eerie and bizarre that it will give a sane person nightmares. :notgood::notgood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6Rd3q-e2M

It sounds like SHE's a pedophile. "I want to *advertiser censored** you like a h***** little school girl." What does she know abort h**** little girls. Is there even such a thing?

I watched a lot of vids last night, so maybe I've just had too much or her right now. I think the reason she wanted to keep her testimony secret was so she could make up new stories for her next trial.

:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member