Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is the sentencing, and will it be televised?

God help us, she has witnesses for the sentencing hearing. Mom and Pop? ABC15 Arizona ‏@abc15 19m19 minutes ago
JUST IN: Judge approves live video coverage for #JodiArias sentencing. Some witnesses will not be photographed. Sentencing: April 13.

Thank you!! Is the FOX youtube channel covering this?

God help us, she has witnesses for the sentencing hearing. Mom and Pop? ABC15 Arizona ‏@abc15 19m19 minutes ago
JUST IN: Judge approves live video coverage for #JodiArias sentencing. Some witnesses will not be photographed. Sentencing: April 13.

Thanks for this update. I looked at the calendar today and thought there will probably be bits and pieces of news all week as we get closer to one way to Perryville day.

What time is the sentencing, and will it be televised?

I found the time on the Maricopa County Courthouse docket schedule. 8:30AM Monday morning (AZ time). Of course, I'm sure there will be a secret meeting in Judge Sherry's chambers and a sidebar or two before the proceedings actually get underway. :)

Sentencing April 13th at 8:30 am.

Oopsie, Betty I was typing when you were posting. :) Let's all hope this the end of the delays.

over @#Winning# Victorious they're banging on about Ineffective Assistance of Counsel as well as crime scene photo evidence that proves Jodi is innocent. Its all so bizarre and deranged.

I want to see the JA sentencing trial day, but there are several trials (Boston Marathon Bomber and Hernandez) winding down which would most likely take precedence if it happens the same day.

over @#Winning# Victorious they're banging on about Ineffective Assistance of Counsel as well as crime scene photo evidence that proves Jodi is innocent. Its all so bizarre and deranged.

It is totally bizarre. But, once she's a permanent fixture in Perryville the party will be over. Buh-bye.

I found the time on the Maricopa County Courthouse docket schedule. 8:30AM Monday morning (AZ time). Of course, I'm sure there will be a secret meeting in Judge Sherry's chambers and a sidebar or two before the proceedings actually get underway. :)

okay - so would that be 7:30am PST, 8:30am MT, 9:30am CT, and 10:30am ET ???

TIA! :seeya:

I'm sure the killer will somehow give a subtle or overt middle finger to the Alexanders as well as the Court on April 13th. She can't help herself. Expect the Usual.

For EST----If it's 8:30am in Phoenix, it's 11:30am EST. They are on Mountain time, but don't do Daylight Savings Time.

If I am wrong, someone correct me, please. I'm happy to edit. This time thing in Phoenix is complicated. :) I didn't check the rest of the times, need to zip back to work for a bit.

The jury Forman (I believe #19)
Is posting on Twitter, he posted the following regarding the May 26th chat from TA to murderer:

@HLiknes: @The13thJurorMD @TrialDiariesJ Correct, we did search for trigger! *May* have been text saying she planned to see bishop re: relationship

@HLiknes: @HiRezLife @lisawJ13 @troyhaydenfox10 Didn't see it in court, but during delib. saw txt msg J to T about having spoken w/somebody about...

@HLiknes: @HiRezLife @lisawJ13 @troyhaydenfox10 their relationship, and needing to speak to bishop stat (actually said stan, perhaps typo).

Neither here nor there anymore but jury did try to figure out what caused the chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For EST----If it's 8:30am in Phoenix, it's 11:30am EST. They are on Mountain time, but don't do Daylight Savings Time.

If I am wrong, someone correct me, please. I'm happy to edit. This time thing in Phoenix is complicated. :) I didn't check the rest of the times, need to zip back to work for a bit.

Type phoenix time in google. That's how I keep up with it.

The murderer is having witnesses? For what? The DP is gone, what could anyone say???? Where were these witnesses during the trial? More scared witnesses who won't be photographed. I really really hope this judge does her job on April 13 and sends the murderer away, LWOP, never to be heard from again.

image.jpg

One week from tonight she will be spending her first night in Perryville

Niner...thanks so much for the time zones for the sentencing. Is it possible that this be posted at the top of the sentencing day trial page? I know many people will be asking again and again. Thanks so much!

Yes, 8:30 am in Phoenix, on the 13th is when it is scheduled to begin. It doesn't matter to me who doesn't want their face shown. Their names and every word they say will be tweeted out as it happens. She will get LWOP. I am certain.

I'm curious to hear what people think the core motivation for the murder was. I'll go first.

She was losing her prime target (TA) in her new found, ready-made social network of Mormons. She was already looking for her next target. Travis could ruin her reputation and thus make her an outcast from this network, which would thwart her goal of finding a man with $$$ to support her much more difficult, and ruin the past couple of years she had spent making connections in this group.

I think the desire to silence him so she could continue to find another man was the primary motivation for killing him, and anger that he rejected her was secondary.

I also think that a ready-made social network was another strong appeal for her, as she had never been able to create that for herself. After she was exposed to this social network by meeting Travis, she gradually realized that what she wanted was a socially-connected man with $$. She lacked the social skills to make strong connections, and I think this is something she was subconsciously looking for in a man, secondary to him having money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jillybean84