Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone could speak on behalf of the killer. Probably a family member. Whoever it is, it's not likely to be anything out of the ordinary, and I do not think participants are referred to as witnesses at the sentencing phase. IOW, there should not be any type of questioning at this phase so anyone who speaks at sentencing does just that.

For once, I hope if the Killer spews she does it in secret. Don't need to hear any more from her. Let her spew in private, with no one hearing her words. Let it sink in that no one cares.

"PHOENIX - A judge will permit live video coverage of convicted murderer Jodi Arias' sentencing April 13.

But Maricopa County Superior Court spokeswoman Karen Arra said in an email Monday that some footage could be excluded because some witnesses may not want to be photographed."

BBM ~ Maybe "some witnesses" is JA herself?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-live-video-coverage-of-jodi-arias-sentencing

RBBM: Yep ... her highness does not want to be photographed in her stripes and shackles !

:seeya:

Snipped from article:

Q: Can you explain the sentencing guidelines the judge had to follow? What are her options?

A: Lindstrom: Arias' final sentence is now up to Judge Stephens. Since the jury hung the death penalty is taken off the table. Now Judge Stephens has to decide between sentencing Arias to natural life or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years. She will look at, and take into consideration, the aggravating factor that was found by the first jury and the mitigating factors proposed by Arias' defense. I find it likely she will sentence her to natural life, although the mitigating factors of no criminal record and the diagnoses could "mitigate" that and cause her to give the possibility of parole. I imagine there will be significant and substantial public outcry if she sentences her to life with the possibility of parole."

http://ktar.com/305/1813419/Legally...he-Jodi-Arias-retrial-leads-to-many-questions

BBM: Public outcry indeed, especially because parole would have to be legislated specifically for this killer in order for her sentence to have it as a possibility.

I'm sure the killer will somehow give a subtle or overt middle finger to the Alexanders as well as the Court on April 13th. She can't help herself. Expect the Usual.

BBM: Yep ... no doubt she will come up with all sorts of stunts and :drama: on the 13th !

:gaah:

I hope the Alexanders stand strong and do not shed a tear at this sentencing. This is THEIR day in court, not the killer's. If they do not appear shaken or upset or sad and crying, the killer will indeed have a bad day. They should smirk at her, if anything at all, and let her go off to Perryville knowing she cannot dictate their emotions.

With all the antics the DT throws, I think it was wise to set aside the day. I can only hope and pray that it only takes the one day.

BBM: I hope so too, but I doubt it ... this is JSS's super secret courtroom :gaah:

A whole day for sentencing?

WHAT?

A whole day for sentencing?
WHAT?

:seeya: Actually, I thought it would be more like 2-3 days ... :couch:

Seriously, there will be:

:tantrum: from JA and her DT

then a :judge:

and another :judge:

more :tantrum: from JA

:judge:

:gaah: :gaah: and :gaah: !

"PHOENIX - A judge will permit live video coverage of convicted murderer Jodi Arias' sentencing April 13.

But Maricopa County Superior Court spokeswoman Karen Arra said in an email Monday that some footage could be excluded because some witnesses may not want to be photographed."

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-live-video-coverage-of-jodi-arias-sentencing

Oh Brother, cry me a frickin river! If you don't want to be photographed in a public court then don't come to testify. Simple.

These end runs around our justice system just annoy the Hades out out me. Where is the fairness to the people of Arizona? After all, the trial IS the People vs. Arias.

SMH

For crying out loud, what does this even mean? This has to be the biggest circus of all time. How can this succubus continue to manipulate? I think I'm going to start drinking Bloody Marys when I wake up next Monday morning to prepare for whatever happens.

For crying out loud, what does this even mean? This has to be the biggest circus of all time. How can this succubus continue to manipulate? I think I'm going to start drinking Bloody Marys when I wake up next Monday morning to prepare for whatever happens.

Yup. I think I'll stop by my favorite deli early in the day and pick up some chicken salad. It's time for the circus to be over.
Monday night, Perryville. The first day of the rest of her life. Hopefully.

I hope it goes faster than JSS seems to think it will.

:gaah: and:gaah: !

Doggone, That's probably a pretty good prediction. Can I borrow one of your frustrated guys? :gaah: I think I may need him Monday. It's sounding like it will be a long day. Ugh.

Travis' murderer has to have one last hoorah, one last swan song before they cart her sorry a$$ off to Perryville where she will spend the rest of her miserable days in literally, hell on earth....Can you imagine, no air conditioning in the dessert in Arizona? In my opinion, it'll be a good warm up (pun intended) for her afterlife. Hope it's a long and miserable existence.

I do wonder if this would be approved by the higher courts? IMO the felon always gets her way...but soon no more.

Also, JMO, looking at the picture, the long run of this trial has really taken its toll on the defense team. Years age people, but this is just more than that. The stress, non truths, the felons demands has really gotten to JW....and well the felon...never mind.

I will be happy for this to be all over. I will be checking in but really monitoring other trials that day. I always will be there for Travis' Family. Bless them.

Doggone, I just have to tell you how much entertainment you've given my granddaughter during this trial.

When I'm watching her, a lot of time she's sitting in my lap as I'm scrolling through posts. She is absolutely DELIGHTED! when we come upon one of your posts with all the animated stuff. We have laughed together as I taught her to fake laugh "hahaha" to:lol: (it's hysterical!); say "eek!" to :gaah:; and she waves to the computer when you offer a simple :seeya:.

I might be missing a few, but I just wanted you to know that a little person has been highly amused by your posts. Plus, you've helped build some basic language skills.

So from my granddaughter and myself, :loveyou:.

I wonder if any of her psych witness supporters will speak on her behalf? It would be incredibly insensitive to the Alexanders, but it didn't seem to bother them while testifying. LaViolette, anyone?

DGC, seriously ...yet :floorlaugh: You need to start a thread for emoticon stories. I think the limit here at WS is 21 emoticons in a post. It would be a hoot of a thread! You do it so well and I always smile and often laugh with emoticon posts as I know it takes skill and a fun loving person to do such!

ETA: Just came in, and as usual streaming upthread and saw Gigi's post. OK DGC.... you MUST start an emoticon thread! :giggle: Or challenge others to do such in some way as we need more laughter here!

ETA#2: :giggle: perhaps we need a :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: emoticon thread for grandkids like Gigi's? :giggle:

DGC, seriously ...yet :floorlaugh: You need to start a thread for emoticon stories. I think the limit here at WS is 21 emoticons in a post. It would be a hoot of a thread! You do it so well and I always smile and often laugh with emoticon posts as I know it takes skill and a fun loving person to do such!

ETA: Just came in, and as usual streaming upthread and saw Gigi's post. OK DGC.... you MUST start an emoticon thread! :giggle: Or challenge others to do such in some way as we need more laughter here!

ETA#2: :giggle: perhaps we need a :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: emoticon thread for grandkids like Gigi's? :giggle:

I second that emoticon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member