Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
God help us, she has witnesses for the sentencing hearing. Mom and Pop? ABC15 Arizona ‏@abc15 19m19 minutes ago
JUST IN: Judge approves live video coverage for #JodiArias sentencing. Some witnesses will not be photographed. Sentencing: April 13.

I'm afraid to ask what witnesses are needed for? JSS will no doubt allow her one last chance ( for now) to blame the murder on the victim...

So the judge totally dropped the ball. Juan proved to her that juror #17 should have been striken I am livid!! https://youtu.be/EGHcu4Al08w

I am glad that the judge did not dismiss her because if she did, that would certainly be grounds for her appeal since she probably would have gotten the death penalty. I am for the death penalty and thought she deserves it more than a lot of people, but since we don't actually execute these prisoners, but instead fund their never ending appeals it doesn't serve the purpose it should anymore. In cases like these where there is NO question that she murdered him, there should be no appeals and death should be immediate. THAT would deter some killers.

What kind of witnesses are at a sentencing.? I am witnessed out. What do these witnesses say???

@troyhaydenfox10: Judge has set aside entire day of 4/13 for #JodiArias sentencing. Members of Alexander family expected to speak. No word on Arias herself.

Geez you have got to be kidding me!!! If I were in prison that would really tick me off...

I get the Alexanders speaking but not the murderer tying up the whole day with BS...

The murderer really doesn't want to go to PV and will stall as long as she can...imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@troyhaydenfox10: Judge has set aside entire day of 4/13 for #JodiArias sentencing. Members of Alexander family expected to speak. No word on Arias herself.

Geez you have got to be kidding me!!! If I were in prison that would really tick me off...

I get the Alexanders speaking but not the murderer tying up the whole day with BS...

The murderer really doesn't want to go to PV and will stall as long as she can...imo

With all the antics the DT throws, I think it was wise to set aside the day. I can only hope and pray that it only takes the one day.

She won't say anything to JSS until she is sentenced. Then i'm sure she will have something to say. I wonder if mom or Aunt Sue will speak?
And what order does it go in? Do the Alexanders go first? It will be weird without a jury.

I'm afraid to ask what witnesses are needed for? JSS will no doubt allow her one last chance ( for now) to blame the murder on the victim...

Are they considered witnesses at this point?

I won't be surprised if JA's family and friends are no-shows.

Snipped from article:

Q: Can you explain the sentencing guidelines the judge had to follow? What are her options?

A: Lindstrom: Arias' final sentence is now up to Judge Stephens. Since the jury hung the death penalty is taken off the table. Now Judge Stephens has to decide between sentencing Arias to natural life or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years. She will look at, and take into consideration, the aggravating factor that was found by the first jury and the mitigating factors proposed by Arias' defense. I find it likely she will sentence her to natural life, although the mitigating factors of no criminal record and the diagnoses could "mitigate" that and cause her to give the possibility of parole. I imagine there will be significant and substantial public outcry if she sentences her to life with the possibility of parole."

http://ktar.com/305/1813419/Legally...he-Jodi-Arias-retrial-leads-to-many-questions

Originally Posted by krkrjx
"OK, I am missing something here. What might be the killer's reason for a planned pregnancy?"

And the opportunity to ruin yet another life.

Can you imagine an innocent child brought into this world by JA simply because she has a vagina? And what an albatross around the kid's neck for the rest of his/her life.

Upon entering Perryville through their security fences, JA should be grabbed by the wrist, spun around and be immediately taken away to be spayed like a feral cat so she doesn't have the opportunity to spawn. Has no one told her that she's not issued a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card to attend graduations, weddings and funerals? Well, unless that funeral is her own. :D

But seriously... I doubt JA would ever get preggers. I mean wouldn't buying Pampers and formula from her prison account cut into her Snickers and Starburst funds?

Poor Jodi...everytime she gets spun around something bad happens.:laughcry:

I am glad that the judge did not dismiss her because if she did, that would certainly be grounds for her appeal since she probably would have gotten the death penalty. I am for the death penalty and thought she deserves it more than a lot of people, but since we don't actually execute these prisoners, but instead fund their never ending appeals it doesn't serve the purpose it should anymore. In cases like these where there is NO question that she murdered him, there should be no appeals and death should be immediate. THAT would deter some killers.

Most of the time when a DP verdict is overturned it is not due to a question about guilt but rather due to some error during the trial, so we can't really expect death sentences to be carried out immediately without appeal even in cases where guilt is certain.

Kicking J17 to the curb should have happened early on but it didn't, and removing her during deliberations would no doubt have raised some appeals courts' eyebrows given she was the only juror voting in favor of the defense. A DP sentence happening with a replacement juror probably would have been overturned with the killer then getting life anyway. Or, God forbid, a new trial.

This way, it's over and done with and because there is no death penalty in place for anyone to be up in arms about, there's nothing screaming for an appeals court to take special notice.

Jodi has not won anything. She will spend her life in prison and as much as people think it will be a never-ending party for her--trust me, it won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC