Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, was trying to figure out the thinking behind swamp coolers. Coming from an area where summers are very hot and humid, I don't see how they can possibly do much to relieve the heat. Around here, 95 degrees and 90% humidity is really oppressive. Thus the saying, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."

Water molecules HOLD heat. In the winter, I often leave a pot of water on the stove to keep the house warmer.

I guess I just don't fully understand arid conditions...
I've been in both. Live in CA where it's far more humid than AZ. I prefer 95 degrees and humidity to 120 in AZ dry heat. It's easily more bearable.

Didn't JA file a motion about a change of counsel not too long ago?

She did, and it was denied when JSS went down the list squashing all Arias & Company's dreams. Killer may have filed another since, though.

Agreed. I had seen Juan Martinez before on shows like "Snapped." By far my favorite take-away from this trial was being able to see him in action. I'm not a terribly religious person, but I think there must be a special place in heaven for people like him; those who fight for victims whose voices have been silenced. What he does is so honorable, and the way he does it is so passionate, artful and articulate.

Jodi (lyingly) said Travis expressed something to the effect that if he could marry her, he would have won the wife lottery. Whatever, Jodi. But I do think the Alexander family won the prosecutor lottery by having had Juan Martinez assigned to this case.

Travis quickly changed his mind about winning the wife lottery with Jodi when he realized she was too good to be true- she wasn't marriage material. When he said that about the wife lottery, he didn't really know her yet, only the illusion with the blonde bombshell/big *advertiser censored*, sexy.

I doubt Jodi "flunked" kindergarten. More likely imo, she lacked impulse control, i.e. she had a conduct disorder. She reportedly spent grades 1-3 in a "private school", which, given her parents income, might have meant she was homeschooled safely away from other students until she learned not to be physically aggressive whenever the mood struck.

It's interesting that we don't know what the "private school" was called.

Does anyone think that if Travis was not LDS they would happily ever after?

*Random thought*

Nope, it just gave her more blackmail material because of their views on sex and marriage. The blackmail backfired on her because he refused to marry her.

BBM - First off, I sincerely doubt that most people spend much of their waking time hating CMJA. IMO, her level of manipulation is staggering, before the murder, and throughout the court case. That is why so many are riveted by this case. Interest doesn't = hate.

I started following this case (after the Tot Mom travesty), and I'm seeing it through. Psychopaths fascinate people, because their disordered thinking process, and subsequent actions are so contrary to what we ourselves would think or do. I think observing the actions of a psychopath, and the effect they have on others in their sphere of influence is valuable and interesting. It is also egregious, so you are going to see derogatory comments, and there is nothing wrong with that. Jodi is as close to evil (inhuman) as you can get, so people are paying attention (we can learn what to do/not do if we encounter a "jodi"). Jodi Ann Arias needs to be locked up, and she will be, for the rest of her life. I know from your posts that you are invested in this case. The sentencing is April 13th, and Jodi will disappear into the bowels of Perryville. You will move on, but reading, seeing, or hearing anything about CMJA after that will be your choice to make.

Good post!:goodpost:

Sad thing is, that bleach blond hair and makeup appeal to a lot of men. To a lot of men, almost every woman will look a "stunner" with blonde hair and lots of makeup... even me. Sorry, not man-bashing, just my personal experience. When my hair was blonde and I wore (too much) makeup, I got all kinds of attention that I didn't get as a brunette. LOL! It was fun being blonde, but it was superficial and I found the type of man I attracted was looking for a good time rather than getting to know me. I look better as a brunette, but guys liked the blonde. Oh, well. As a brunette, I was moo'd at, barfing noises made at me, I've had things thrown at my while waiting for the bus, told I looked great from behind but from the front, I should wear a bag over my head... I've heard it all and some from grown men in their 40's. :(

Obviously, I'm no beauty, but the blonde seemed to work. Pffft!

These are men you don't want. Find a man who respects you as yourself-a true brunette. Spoken from another brunette who only dyes my hair darker brown.

Of the three, I actually find Amanda Knox to be quite attractive. Plus -- and one thing has nothing to do with the other -- she HAS been acquitted.

She may have been acquitted, but in my mind she's another murderer who got off.

Do we know who else is in Lumley (max), where her cell is? I believe Devault is there and the psycho who says she should be on death row (but we'll at least secretly be glad she isn't if she's on the same unit as JA), who is guaranteed to mess with Jodi and her head.

Yeah. Arias and DeVault were buddies at Estrella. I'm sure she will see many familiar faces who have spent time with Sherrif Joe while she was waiting for and on trial

image.jpg

Travis had true friends. Jodi has cellies

I'm not allowing myself to get even the slightest bit excited. Nothing about this ridiculously long, drawn out trial has gone as it should have.

Anyone have an opinion on what might delay things this time? Will it be that Arias suddenly becomes ill and can't appear in court? Will the DT come up with another trick? Or will JSS put off her decision- after all, there's no reason she couldn't have done this immediately after the deadlock was announced.

Valid point. Based on the history of how this case has eventuated, it seems more likely than not IMO.

This article is about the ten letters that were not admitted.... interesting to read.

"The unfair prejudice to the State’s case under Rule 403 would arise from the tendency of jurors to be shocked by the
sexual nature of the letters and perhaps show sympathy for defendant or disdain for the victim. The State is not arguing
that the deceased victim is a “party” to the proceedings, only that he should not be subject to gratuitous character
assassination
."

https://jodi-arias.wikispaces.com/Letters-Excluded

pics_to_dropoff_with_bug_08.png

Saturday, Sunday.... then, BAM off to face the walls of Perryville for the non- goddess. She won't look like a goddess, nor smell like one either. Bwaaah.

*****. That's what this is. An unnamed "witness" "testifying" via affadavit and Geffner is being cross-examined on hearsay?
The first thing that came to mind hearing that the witness came into the living room and ALLEGEDLY seeing Travis with his knee on the stomach/lap of Deanna(?) while restraining her wrists and yelling "Get it through your f*cking head that I'm not going to marry you!"

Role playing. Deanna was coaching Travis on how to be clear and assertive getting the point across to ja - and kidding around with it. Although in retrospect, that is exactly how he should have told her.

I could be totally wrong of course. Did Deanna testify that this happened to her?

I just don't understand the ability to have hearsay, third-hand stuff; getting it submitted as evidence to the court.

What a farce this case is.

This article is about the ten letters that were not admitted.... interesting to read.

"The unfair prejudice to the State’s case under Rule 403 would arise from the tendency of jurors to be shocked by the
sexual nature of the letters and perhaps show sympathy for defendant or disdain for the victim. The State is not arguing
that the deceased victim is a “party” to the proceedings, only that he should not be subject to gratuitous character
assassination
."

https://jodi-arias.wikispaces.com/Letters-Excluded

That was excellent! Good find! I have been longing to read the backstory to the forgeries, and there it is, the state calling BS on any and all of them.

Now, I only wish I could read all ten of them for a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member