Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg. Did she really glare at a baby, verbally attack the family, and admit to slitting Travis's throat while he was alive? And say that Det Flores and Juan changed testimony or evidence? After hearing all the victim impact statements and Juan say they wonder how much Travis suffered and hope he was unconscious?

And how many times did SHE change her story, even from the first trial to the second?

I don't know what to do next! Stay here and read posts while listening to YouTube or rewind HLN. As of now, Nancy Grace is opining. Maybe I'll wait a bit. Thank goodness I can FF through the commercials.

I will admit I had my ceremonial glass of wine a bit early while listening to JA and Wilmott speak. At least it dulled my responses for that time!

YouTube just agreeing with us that her admissions while speaking will probably hurt her appeal. There's no way that a person supposedly shot in the head and stabbed about 27 times as well as not being able to feel his legs was any threat to her when she slit his throat.

Yes! It doesn't even make sense! What was she thinking. Did she forget that he has defensive wounds in his hands and was already mortally wounded and bleeding out? But when she slashed his throat he was still attacking her? How even? How could someone being attacked be in a position to slash someone's throat? We can all agree that the reason she was claiming fog was there's just no way to defend that because its obvious from the wounds she was the aggressor and her hope was that people would just assume her "dam burst." She undermined everything about her story when she said that, all so she could dig the knife in.

Amazing how the killer listed this long list of family members who would be devastated if she were given LWOP. Yet NONE OF THEM bothered to testify in any of her trials.

Most of JA's family is probably relieved.

Funny story... I was watching/listening while at work this morning. Right at the very minute where the judge is to begin sentencing, a colleague shows up at my desk! Noo!!!! No one has wanted a thing to do with me all morning, why now?

And I put a finger in his face and said 'No. I have been waiting for 7 years for this man!' And he went to lunch.

And I thought... good grief, what did I just do? We're friends and all, but he probably came over for a legitimate work issue and I made him leave to listen to sentencing. Ugh.

I caught him in the parking lot during lunch, apologized for my rudeness, and explained the urgency of the situation. And then asked him what I could assist him with.

lol.... he wanted to tell me that he and his lady finally watched 'The Jinx'. Crisis. Averted. Phew!

Yes! It doesn't even make sense! What was she thinking. Did she forget that he has defensive wounds in his hands and was already mortally wounded and bleeding out? But when she slashed his throat he was still attacking her? How even? How could someone being attacked be in a position to slash someone's throat? We can all agree that the reason she was claiming fog was there's just no way to defend that because its obvious from the wounds she was the aggressor and her hope was that people would just assume her "dam burst." She undermined everything about her story when she said that, all so she could dig the knife in.

My belief is she slashed his throat to keep him from screaming as he was making his way out the bedroom. She is so selfish to even say this today. Just to get back at Samantha.

oh i am sure you did see bruises....sandy is as a big a liar as jodi

Yea, I'm sure that long drive between Mesa and Yreka afforded JA much time to fabricate evidence, although I don't think I'm alone in thinking that she may have got some "abuse" by "earning" "tips" at those truck stops she seemed so familiar with.

There is a good reason JSS didn't blast JA in the sentencing. What she says is part of the appeal. Stating her personal opinions about what was said in the case could cause a good reason for appeal.

What she did say, was that she didn't feel the mitigation did not outweigh the aggravating factors. She stated, among other things, that the crime was premeditated. It was proven by the decision of the first jury and the 1st degree verdict.

I think it's about FEAR of appeal. Lots of judges slam the convicts at sentencing. It's still all about her.

My belief is she slashed his throat to keep him from screaming as he was making his way out the bedroom. She is so selfish to even say this today. Just to get back at Samantha.

Actually, I think she slashed his throat to kill him.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11384304/jodi-arias-addresses-court-during-sentencing-hearing

I was gone all day 'til now, so have just watched the clip where Jodi gives her talk. What stood out to me was Jodi going on about how she has 'countless friends' - - I wish I had countless friends !

Also, IMHO, when Jodi said, 'Oh, I remember now - - I shot Travis in the head FIRST, and TRAVIS WAS CONSCIOUS WHEN I STARTED SLITTING HIS THROAT', Jodi was really filled with hatred at Samantha and the rest of Travis' family and deliberately aiming to put more salt in their (horrible) wounds - - WOW - Jodi really does need to be kept off the street ! Jodi's slaughter of Travis was quite horrific, quite a depraved soul she is...

Some more Tweets:

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 10m10 minutes ago

#jenniferWillmott is speaking to the media now #JodiArias @KTAR923

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 · 9m9 minutes ago

#TravisAlexander family heavily guarded leaving thru secret entrance out of fear from threats by #JodiArias supporters #abc15

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield · 8m8 minutes ago

Love. #Justice4Travis
CCfXOBGUgAAXhXD.jpg

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 8m8 minutes ago

#JenniferWillmott stated #JodiArias has showed remorse to her since day 1 @KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 5m5 minutes ago

Trial talk Live is on now! #jodiarias

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 · 3m3 minutes ago

#TravisAlexander fam leaves courthouse after hugs and smiles for current jury who voted #death for #JodiArias #abc15

I'm speechless.

It's almost unbelievable, isn't it? Even with what we have seen and heard of the killer all these years, there is still the potential to be shocked. Its as if this killer has an uncontrollable need to inflict emotional pain on others that is greater than her will to survive--so great that it cannot be quashed, not even to impress the judge who will impose sentence.

I wish no one would replay her testimony. I wish they would only play the Alexander's. They shouldnt have to hear her cruelty over and over and over again. :(

I don't know if this is a repeat,but JA mom saying she saw bruises,how her little darling lit up a room,and how she always helped others. Even the the entire 7 yrs, in prison. What BS! Does this woman really believed her own carp?

One thing I'm a little confused about, why did this judge even mention time served? The murderer was still sentenced to LWOP. Oh well maybe it was just like this judge mentioning the murderer’s mitigators, they’re not important. CMJA is still going away for the rest of her life. YAY!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove