Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Guess you can't relax with friends and go to a crawfish boil Arias

With respect....I don't begrudge anyone for writing books. The more information out there the better. If the Hughes want to set the record straight about their friend, good. The book offers insight on how a sociopath, Jodi Arias, operates and manipulates and takes control of her target
If Paul wants to write about his experiences attending the trial, good.
Ann Rule knew Bundy and wrote a book. Is she profiting from a serial killing psychopath or contributing to the knowledge of how some of these folks are living among us?
Bugliosi wrote Helter Skelter. Is that profiting on the torture of Sharon Tate? Or is it an insider reporting on one of most prolific killings of recent history?
This is the USA. People are allowed to make money. Travis was all in favor of making profits. He used some to live on and gave some back to his church and the homeless

Well said. Thank you for clearing the air on this, because, I always found that they did not believe Nurmi, but I had no reasoning until now. Talk about slimy and 281129 was pulling at straws to see if anything would stick to destroy Travis.

ps ~ I think I will have to report your delicious looking food posts. ;)

Disclaimer: I have deeply personal reasons for saying this, but good for you, good for Barnes & Noble, and SCREW Amazon!

I know Amazon can be a good place to shop, but like Walmart and other big retailers, it reminds me of the "too big to fail" banks from 2008. Something's wrong with this picture. Companies that make it their #1 policy to put profits over people (jobs) aren't worthy of our hard-earned dollars.

(Sorry if I have offended anyone.)

JMO

I don't have Barnes and Noble over here. Sorry. I agree with you re Amazon but I couldn't get the book anywhere else here.

From Understanding the Travesties of Unexpected Murder Trials:

ETA: I love how one comment says that JSS gave her enough rope to hang herself...

PAST : Her Defense Team as a result of their countless motions against the State, have already sealed Arias' own fate yet again, due to Judge Stephens' rulings on the alleged Prosecutorial Conduct her new lawyers may strive to bring up. Court has already cleared Martinez' conduct, with Hon. Sherry Stephens laying down her reasons for why the law has already found the State Prosecutor and Detective Flores to have exhibited no questionable behaviors throughout trial [See : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.640447776060415.1073741883.372063369565525&type=3]

PRESENT : Moreover Arias has placed on record, 4 quotable blunders in open court, which is evidence that goes against the very factors that would have been workable to put together at the very least, a weak and loose set of appeals.

FUTURE : Thus while her Private Investigator and New Appeals Lawyers will articulate false hope to the media and take in their fees in cash as is their job to do, due to their being hired and assigned to the next phase which is her Appeal, even they are well aware that in practical reality, Jodi Arias stands no chance in her future solitary appeal.

EVEN JENNIFER WILMOTT DIDN'T EXPECT HER TO SAY WHAT SHE SAID IN COURT AND SHE SURE WOULDN'T HAVE ADVISED IT. BUT ARIAS INEXPLICABLY, IMPULSIVELY REACTED WITH AGGRESSION AS SHE SAT AND LISTENED TO THE ALEXANDER FAMILY, LITTLE REALIZING THAT SHE HAD DUG HER OWN GRAVE

It is only now that Arias will come to see the damage she has done to her appeal. WHAT POSSESSED HER TO DO WHAT SHE DID WHEN SHE MENTIONED HER FOG LIFTING?

It will always be a mystery; however one thing is clear - good triumphs over evil, and maybe that's why even Arias could not help herself contributing to her own downfall. She will not be able to understand exactly why she did what she did, and will kick herself for it, as she sees the appellate gravity of what she has done.

IN THE END : God sure took care of the Alexander Family

Well said, and I really hope you are right.

Hmmm......I am a product of the British Empire and I used the "****" word on the grounds that there's not a better one. I had thought the whole raison d'être of the Lumley unit was to house the BBM? So everyone in there is technically a "****"?

Yep. I agree. It's a perfect word.

Lol, if that's the case, Tupac is being extremely diplomatic..... My picture of that word is how it's been used in Film Noir, 19th century novels, and expats in Calcutta.

I learn something every day. Until looking up the definition yesterday and seeing that it (the word) has it's origins in India, I never considered it a racist thing. I guess that's why it was bleeped here on WS. It certainly was always used to describe white people in my beloved Films Noir, so hmm.

My view is that Tupac was being disingenuous and just a wee bit manipulative *dripping sarcasm* when describing HIS definition of a '****'. We all know what a **** is - it's a violent criminal plain and simple. Someone who strongarms either through violent physicality or intimidation and threat of bodily harm to steal something from a victim. To take what they have not earned by use of force.

So sad to know that there's an entire generation of people who will be basing their limited life's knowledge on rapper's points of view and self-serving definitions to minimize their criminal activity.

So, really a rapist can now be defined as being simply a lover who's been struggling to find a willing partner so he had to take what he wanted? He's misunderstood and is it be granted society's mercy or understanding? Ooh! That just reminded me of The Animal's song and in looking at the lyrics, that song can be 'understood' to be an abuser who's sorry that he took it out on her. Oh, my....what fun finding cycles and patterns in life.

I agree with you and I think your madeup word works :D

Wow. Sky said she saw Mr. Arias when she was testifying at a hearing. She said she felt bad about how Jodi had trashed Angela (her sister) in the tape. She approached Mr. Arias and said she wanted him to know (and to let Angela know) that Jodi had always spoken highly of the teen when Jodi had been at her house. Mr. A asked if Sky was a friend of Jodi. Sky said she was a friend of Travis but Jodi spent lots of time at her house. Mr. A responded by asking if she had a little boy. Sky says yes. Mr. A regales her with a story of how Jodi told him she had ,in November of 2007, watched and protected Sky's son from Travis. Sky asks again, "November of 2007?" Yes. She told him "none of that is true."
Sky had banned Jodi from the Hughes home in April 2007. She was never there after that or around their children. Jodi claims she found out about the pedophilia in Jan 2008 although the date on the forged letter was 2007

Yep. I agree. It's a perfect word.

I learn something every day. Until looking up the definition yesterday and seeing that it (the word) has it's origins in India, I never considered it a racist thing. I guess that's why it was bleeped here on WS. It certainly was always used to describe white people in my beloved Films Noir, so hmm.

My view is that Tupac was being disingenuous and just a wee bit manipulative *dripping sarcasm* when describing HIS definition of a '****'. We all know what a **** is - it's a violent criminal plain and simple. Someone who strongarms either through violent physicality or intimidation and threat of bodily harm to steal something from a victim. To take what they have not earned by use of force.

So sad to know that there's an entire generation of people who will be basing their limited life's knowledge on rapper's points of view and self-serving definitions to minimize their criminal activity.

So, really a rapist can now be defined as being simply a lover who's been struggling to find a willing partner so he had to take what he wanted? He's misunderstood and is it be granted society's mercy or understanding? Ooh! That just reminded me of The Animal's song and in looking at the lyrics, that song can be 'understood' to be an abuser who's sorry that he took it out on her. Oh, my....what fun finding cycles and patterns in life.

I agree with you and I think your madeup word works :D

I certainly meant no disrespect, nor do I even like Tupac.. sorry if it offended some, it was just funny to me the way it was described by him. I have my own version of a *t_hug* and it's not his version. Guess I'll stop the humor on here.

OT When did the advertisements start appearing "inside" our posts? I find them distracting and annoying. One even blocked out a poster's name. Just a tad too intrusive imo.

Rant over. :gaah:

OT When did the advertisements start appearing "inside" our posts? I find them distracting and annoying. One even blocked out a poster's name. Just a tad too intrusive imo.

I agree,but I read on another thread that they're here to stay. Ugh!

Get the extension for your web browser.

As a Louisiana girl living in PA, I can't tell you how much I miss this!

We just left Hessmer, LA a few minutes ago. We ate all five sacks yesterday though! They were so good

image.jpg

I certainly meant no disrespect, nor do I even like Tupac.. sorry if it offended some, it was just funny to me the way it was described by him. I have my own version of a *t_hug* and it's not his version. Guess I'll stop the humor on here.

omygosh! I know you didn't mean disrespect and I don't think anyone else thought so, either! :D omygosh omygosh! I'm annoyed at tupac, et al, not you! :/ I'm sorry if that's what you thought :( nonono! Good grief, we need all the humor we can get :D

My comments weren't about you, but censorship in general, being far too politically correct hobbling the English language. I've posted before about a tv channel I watch (lots of noir) and the censorship is hysterically funny. People in a bar ordering XXXXtails. yep, cocktails was censored along with some other funny words like conXXXXuous (conspicious).

Please know that I wasn't snarking at you! I snark at the aforementioned th*gs, lol!

:please: :please: :please: :loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

It's VERY annoying, half the page is just a waste.
I never watch tv because of commercials, and I don't want to read a blog with commercials flooding around everywhere.
I will not click on any of those pop ups.
Think I'm done now.

They did believe Nurmi, who they believed as an officer of the court, was bound be honest. He told them it was 100% verified that the pedo letters were Travis's handwriting. They were horrified, searched their memories and could not come up with any reasons these things could possibly be true. So, Sky called Flores. He had no clue what she was talking about. He assured her there was no child *advertiser censored* or other evidence that Travis hurt children. He told her to wait by the phone. A few minutes later it rang. It was a man who introduced himself as Juan Martinez. He wanted Sky to relay everything to him. She told him about Nurmi, his emails and phone calls of ."concern" about how the Hughes were coping with him breaking the news that their buddy was a pedophile.
Martinez was very upset. It was his first clue of what Nurmi/Jodi planned to do
After this Nurmi called Sky. He was again "concerned" how she was coping. She told him she was "great". That she no longer had any concern. He asked her how that could be. That these letters had been verified 100% by a handwriting expert. She told him he better get a new expert

Their error in judgement was used as the entire defense for the murder. I would NEVER believe a defense attorney. Coming from someone who is in the PPL, you would have thought they both would have been smarter. I'm not upset at the Hughes, it's in the past. We had to listen to it for years and years. But, their "truth" book isn't supported by the entire Alexander family and they "hope" to donate funds. I have a problem with them writing the book as they caused so much damage in this case. Like I said, the killer would not have had ANY defense, but for those emails. JMO

In addition, people are allowed to have opinions regarding them and their book. Just because it's not the opinion of the majority, doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

Oh wow, what an awesome story! I am glad Smithey is now free.

Her crime was horrendous but she admits that and takes full responsibility for her actions and blames no one else. She says she regrets what she did but understands why some people will never forgive her. She does not hold it against them.

This, to me, is a success story. A convicted killer goes to prison and finds her own redeeming qualities. And with that, is released and living a decent life but still well aware of what she did that put her in prison and makes no excuses whatsoever for it.

Godspeed, Ms. Smithey.

(I do not, however, agree with the headline that this is Arias in 50 years. Arias will never repent, never accept her actions as hers and no one else's fault, never stop trying to hurt Travis's loved ones. Without those qualities, Arias is not going to be a success story like Smithey.)

Wow. Sky said she saw Mr. Arias when she was testifying at a hearing. She said she felt bad about how Jodi had trashed Angela (her sister) in the tape. She approached Mr. Arias and said she wanted him to know (and to let Angela know) that Jodi had always spoken highly of the teen when Jodi had been at her house. Mr. A asked if Sky was a friend of Jodi. Sky said she was a friend of Travis but Jodi spent lots of time at her house. Mr. A responded by asking if she had a little boy. Sky says yes. Mr. A regales her with a story of how Jodi told him she had ,in November of 2007, watched and protected Sky's son from Travis. Sky asks again, "November of 2007?" Yes. She told him "none of that is true."
Sky had banned Jodi from the Hughes home in April 2007. She was never there after that or around their children. Jodi claims she found out about the pedophilia in Jan 2008 although the date on the forged letter was 2007

From time to time, I have felt sorry for Bill Arias. In some ways, he seems like another victim of Jodi. For both he and Sandy, the allegations of child abuse must have stung. I don't think they did anything more than disciplining their children in a way that many folks do. I do see signs of a hen-pecked husband. Sandy Arias, like her daughter, is no shrinking violet. I bet she's a pretty good manipulator in her own right. (Wasn't there a report that he was a married man when she met him, and she seduced him and went on to break up his marriage?)

But then I take into consideration what he has (and hasn't) said and done. Just like with Sandy, those interviews with Flores were damning. They both knew exactly what Jodi was, and did nothing when she left their home. Both of them were probably relieved to be rid of her drama, histrionics and violence outbursts.

The fact that he has tacitly accepted his daughter's version of events as somehow even plausible, tells me he is either in deep denial, or just going along to get along. I suspect the latter. Whatever health issues he has, if he truly believed that she was an abused woman and that she murdered Travis in self-defense, he would have made a stand for her.

As someone posted here earlier today, despite Jodi's claims that her big family (most of whom she rejected early on as an adult), would be devastated were she to die, the fact that no one except her equally non-remorseful mother spoke on her behalf is remarkable.

Aside from her mom and perhaps her younger siblings (who probably weren't mature enough at the time to mentally process the crime and Jodi's arrest back in 2008), I strongly doubt anyone would mourn for her. Her father included.

Their error in judgement was used as the entire defense for the murder. I would NEVER believe a defense attorney. Coming from someone who is in the PPL, you would have thought they both would have been smarter. I'm not upset at the Hughes, it's in the past. We had to listen to it for years and years. But, their "truth" book isn't supported by the entire Alexander family and they "hope" to donate funds. I have a problem with them writing the book as they caused so much damage in this case. Like I said, the killer would not have had ANY defense, but for those emails. JMO

In addition, people are allowed to have opinions regarding them and their book. Just because it's not the opinion of the majority, doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

BBM

You have a point, there. Those emails were part of the foundation for the defense JA's team presented. As unfortunate as they were, I think of them more as an unintentional gift to the DT. Still, even if those emails didn't exist, JA's defense would have found something on which to base their case. That's their job. And even with those emails, most jurors agreed that her defense was pretty ridiculous, and the pedophile stuff didn't resonate with anyone on either jury.

I'm sure in retrospect, the Hughes's wish they had done things differently. I think that's one of the reasons they wrote the book. They can't change what happened, but they can clear up some falsehoods and misrepresentations. I think that's a good thing, and I am interested in hearing and reading about what they have to say.

I do wish they would do a better job of clarifying what will happen with the proceeds. They seem to be fairly well off, so other than recouping the publishing costs, I would hope they'd be absolutely transparent (in actual numbers: sales vs costs), about where the money from the book is going. I don't think Travis would mind them making money from telling his story, but I do think he would be extremely gratified to know that 100% of the profits were going to causes he believed in. He deserves that from his friends.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member