Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But at Estrella jail, the video on youtube, the inmates stated they like her (Nancy Grace had interviewed a few of the inmates). She must have played the 'my ex abused me' card and unfortunately, women in the prison/jail systems are frequently prone to buying that line and have various excuses themselves for whatever they're in for.

I remember seeing this on Nancy Grace. Interesting they liked her and seemed to look up to her, but they didn't even have a clue about CMJA's crimes. They also said that she cut up the body and of course that did not happen, so those poor women probably believe about anything that someone like CMJA would say to manipulated them.

Does anyone know if we will ever see any of the depositions?

I think having my first case be the Florida disappearance and trial I have a false sense of what will actually be available to us.

Help, please! :)

Respectfully Snipped:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: oceanblueeyes ! :takeabow:

From the: Websleuths Post of the Day Thread for 4/16/15:

Honorable Mention for post of the day April 15th goes to Oceanblueeyes

See Nomination Post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-for-April-15th-2015&p=11694816#post11694816

See Tricia's Post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-yourself!!-4-16-2015&p=11698593#post11698593

:cheers:

You are so dog.gone.cute.:D

I didn't even know you had nominated one of my posts.

Thank you so much. I am humbled... to not only be nominated, but getting an honorable mention. How cool is that! Wow!

My opinion on both Simpson and Arias: Killers who should be locked away forever, and thankfully are. Just because one killer is honest about the reasons for her own killing and the other is not, doesn't change the actions of the crimes and doesn't elevate one killer as somehow better. Both are a danger to society and both earned their way into life sentences, and with both locked away, society will be safe from each of them. True justice doesn't really exist since the victims are still dead no matter what else happens, so this is as close as it's going to get.

As for just Arias herself, I've shared my feelings about her many times over the months, but I'll say it again: I feel she is a jealous, discarded woman who refused to move on and who was so immersed in her obsession the only way she thought she could get over it was to kill the object of her obsession (Travis). I see her as someone who could have made a decent life for herself but chose the path of destruction.

Thank you for your insight on your feelings towards and about the killer (Arias).
No, a confession doesn't "change the actions of the crimes" but JA's crimes (social & criminal) didn't stop with the murder, as your opinions about her seem to do. She didn't limit her assaults to his body or even to only TA. She over several years brought ugly accusations, lies and unnecessary private details to & about many of his friends, family, LE, the prosecutor and even her own DT, family members and a few of her supporters - anyone was fair game if she thought it would benefit her in even the slightest way and no subject was out of bounds. Some of those actions were criminal too, whether or not she was charged with perjury, witness tampering, forgery, etc. She encouraged her minions to wage a similar war against these same people and others on MSM & social media while soliciting donations by deluding her more ignorant supporters with even more lies & manipulations.

It is this behavior that has earned attention & more personal contempt from the general public than is generally seen, yet you don't seem to consider any of that in your opinion of her at all. I find that interesting and possibly explains why you are apparently puzzled by most of our reactions to her. I also realize (in your last sentence) that what constitutes a 'decent' life is subjective, but you obviously have a different view than I do of her life before the murder and for that matter, even before TA entered it. Neither was what I would consider a "decent life".

You are so dog.gone.cute.:D

I didn't even know you had nominated one of my posts.

Thank you so much. I am humbled... to not only be nominated, but getting an honorable mention. How cool is that! Wow!

:seeya: You're welcome ! It's a great post, and you articulated your thoughts so well :loveyou:

:takeabow::takeabow::takeabow:

I think it's a great idea by Tricia to have a Post of the Day !

Below is the link to the Forum: Websleuths Post of the Day for Facebook

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?557-Websleuths-Post-of-the-Day-for-Facebook

No, a confession doesn't "change the actions of the crimes" but JA's crimes (social & criminal) didn't stop with the murder, as your opinions about her seem to do. She didn't limit her assaults to his body or even to only TA. She over several years brought ugly accusations, lies and unnecessary private details to & about many of his friends, family, LE, the prosecutor and even her own DT, family members and a few of her supporters - anyone was fair game if she thought it would benefit her in even the slightest way and no subject was out of bounds. Some of those actions were criminal too, whether or not she was charged with perjury, witness tampering, forgery, etc. She encouraged her minions to wage a similar war against these same people and others on MSM & social media while soliciting donations by deluding her more ignorant supporters with even more lies & manipulations.

It is this behavior that has earned attention & more personal contempt from the general public than is generally seen, yet you don't seem to consider any of that in your opinion of her at all. I find that interesting and possibly explains why you are apparently puzzled by most of our reactions to her. I also realize (in your last sentence) that what constitutes a 'decent' life is subjective, but you obviously have a different view than I do of her life before the murder and for that matter, even before TA entered it. Neither was what I would consider a "decent life".

I was asked my opinion and that's my opinion. The circus around her is bizarre, as is the support she gets. I care about the crime she's convicted of; her creepy antics are just that--creepy. I don't think anyone sane believed her lies, and ultimately she shot herself in the foot pulling her mean girl stunts, so that was just stupid on her part. I believe TA is at peace and I believe his reputation remains intact, and for that I feel thankful. In terms of a decent life, I mean one that is law-abiding and not spent in prison, and not harming anyone. She made choices in the opposite direction, and sealed her fate. I think she's an idiot for that.

I'm reminded again today how happy I am with her LWOP sentence. A man in my state was just released from DR after 15 years, even after exhausting all appeals. . He was offered a deal yesterday of time served for a guilty plea to murder. Or rather they decided that 15 years and 50 days was his sentence, coincidentally he had already served that much time. o_O His accomplices who didn't receive the death sentence did not get the assistance of a fancy New York firm pro bono and are left to their fate.

Btw the 19 y/o victim, Allen Baker, was beaten for hours, stabbed 100 times and had his throat cut, then left in a wooded patch like trash.

So this guy got to walk right out the doors and into my city today :( The local DA says she wasn't even consulted, the AG's office made the call.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Wow. All I can say is one word comes to mind: Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

Does anyone know if we will ever see any of the depositions?

I think having my first case be the Florida disappearance and trial I have a false sense of what will actually be available to us.

Help, please! :)

Unlike in Florida, it will be highly unlikely we will see much more than we already have. Only if, as and when someone specifically requests that something be transcribed, then they pay for it, will you see anything.

Here they are some oldies but goodies of sidebars if you missed them

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130620jodi-arias-sidebars-exclusive.html

When the media did not wish to even pay the $200.00 to get Jodi Arias' testimony, I knew for sure they have moved on and the tv stations are unlikely to pony up any money for this. There is a freedom of information act and one need not be in media to request and pay for a transcript. It is just a matter of filling out the request and paying the clerk. Unless of course the depo you are interested in is sealed by the court. If it is sealed, the clerk will let you know that straight away once you request it. Are you wanting the one with Matt McCartney? Your best bet is to check with the folks that are writing books on this case. It would be in their interest to get that depo, perhaps.

The media did not buy the retrial footage. I specifically asked Fox news and they said they had no plans of buying it all, only bits and pieces.
I want to thank David Lohr he stepped up, and paid for entire series of retrial of the penalty phase videos as well as go through all the red tape to get the police interrogation tapes way back when. He is a Sr. Crime Reporter. Someone like David Lohr, Shanna Hogan,Beth Karas, Nancy Grace, Paul Sanders, Lisa S.....would be likely to be willing to pay if they are still researching.

But at Estrella jail, the video on youtube, the inmates stated they like her (Nancy Grace had interviewed a few of the inmates). She must have played the 'my ex abused me' card and unfortunately, women in the prison/jail systems are frequently prone to buying that line and have various excuses themselves for whatever they're in for.

I remember seeing this on Nancy Grace. Interesting they liked her and seemed to look up to her, but they didn't even have a clue about CMJA's crimes. They also said that she cut up the body and of course that did not happen, so those poor women probably believe about anything that someone like CMJA would say to manipulated them.

My understanding is that she got into a scuffle or two at Estrella. Wasn't she removed from a double cell and placed in a single after a physical confrontation with a roommate? I don't have a link for that but if anyone else heard such a report and can remember where, please speak up.

If the report is true it means not all the other Estrella inmates liked her. And some (at least one but I bet more than one) of those who did changed their tune.

My opinion on both Simpson and Arias: Killers who should be locked away forever, and thankfully are. Just because one killer is honest about the reasons for her own killing and the other is not, doesn't change the actions of the crimes and doesn't elevate one killer as somehow better. Both are a danger to society and both earned their way into life sentences, and with both locked away, society will be safe from each of them. True justice doesn't really exist since the victims are still dead no matter what else happens, so this is as close as it's going to get.

As for just Arias herself, I've shared my feelings about her many times over the months, but I'll say it again: I feel she is a jealous, discarded woman who refused to move on and who was so immersed in her obsession the only way she thought she could get over it was to kill the object of her obsession (Travis). I see her as someone who could have made a decent life for herself but chose the path of destruction.

bbm. I agree that she could have had a decent life if she had been willing to choose a better path. We know from the IQ test scores that were discussed at trial that she has slightly higher than average intelligence, and it seems clear to me that she wanted a certain level of material things. She could have gotten a GED, worked her way to a two year degree at a community college and then perhaps transferred on to a four year school. She could have trained for a career in a field that doesn't require a 4 year degree. She could have worked hard as a waitress, learned how to manage a restaurant and perhaps opened her own restaurant one day. Plenty of people have done those things. She could have gone in any number of directions that would have been better than what she chose. Had she been willing to work hard she could have had those things she wanted (cars, home, travel) as well as the self-respect that comes from achievement. But she chose otherwise.

I saw a documentary or read an article (maybe someone posted it here) about how cell phones are being smuggled into the prisions nowadays. I guess it's a big problem. It made me wonder if maybe jodi had a smuggled cell phone in her cell.

It will be interesting to read Sheriff Joe's report, I'm sure if she had someone smuggle her one in it would be in that report.

*brain bleach warning* Since the killer thought it appropriate to let the world view her 'assets' - we all know her trunk will stash a lot of contraband.

:drumroll:

I'm reminded again today how happy I am with her LWOP sentence. A man in my state was just released from DR after 15 years, even after exhausting all appeals. . He was offered a deal yesterday of time served for a guilty plea to murder. Or rather they decided that 15 years and 50 days was his sentence, coincidentally he had already served that much time. o_O His accomplices who didn't receive the death sentence did not get the assistance of a fancy New York firm pro bono and are left to their fate.

Btw the 19 y/o victim, Allen Baker, was beaten for hours, stabbed 100 times and had his throat cut, then left in a wooded patch like trash.

So this guy got to walk right out the doors and into my city today :( The local DA says she wasn't even consulted, the AG's office made the call.

Don't suppose they asked the victim's family what they thought......?

Yeah.. they are heartbroken. But the killers relatives are defending it in the comment section of news articles. After all, he served 15 years, he didn't get off with anything. He paid. :what:

Well, it looks like MDLR took offense to some comments on the Keifer interview with JW. Doesn't she have anything better to do than troll the internet in support of a convicted killer, you know like work on her other cases? She posted this a couple of hours ago (and most likely will bill Maricopa County for her time). :facepalm:

https://twitter.com/muscleover40/status/588764615120662528/photo/1

I do love how the commenters called Keifer out on his prevalent bias for the killer and that JW proved that Mama Arias was lying about seeing bruises on the killer.

My God.. What is wrong with that woman!? What a disgrace.
She sounds like a 9th grader!

Wow... even that "dead beat boyfriend" Bobby has made something of himself and is not willing to involve himself for his ex-killer girlfriend. That's gotta bite the ole sociopath.

Yeah, I can be shallow. Chest length hair with those eyes and that jawline? hubba hubba! And a hearty day-um to boot.

Yeah, I can be shallow. Chest length hair with those eyes and that jawline? hubba hubba! And a hearty day-um to boot.
"Gosh Jodi! If you had just stuck with Bobby, you'd be living in Hawaii right now!" :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheForgottenLives