Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe in 281129 mind she thinks she will have conviction overturned and will be released.
Good. Hope that dream eats her hollow. Well, more hollow than she already is. The most she can hope for "going places" is a exercise yard/outside cage a couple times a week rather than her inside cage.

I believe if they were, e.g. disrespectful to staff, wouldn't tidy up their cell, wouldn't take a shower, wouldn't do their "programs".

In Step 1, Restrictive Housing, the "program" is "Self Control, self study". It's in the Director's memo LinTX cites.

Hmmm ... Self Control - FAIL Self Study - PASS ... That's what narcissists do, after all.

She is Hispanic. Her father Bill Arias is a Mexican American. Arias is a Hispanic surname. She's trying to deny her heritage, despite the fact she wants to teach the Hispanic inmates of a largely Hispanic state Spanish!!! That's why the blonde dye job and the sunscreen.

I would just think it would be better for her if she was Mexican, but what would I know? I certainly have never been in prison although I was bullied and attacked by 3 Mexicans in my first year of high school just because.....

It does look as though if there were a mental health reason for being in restrictive housing, Jodi would have been assigned elsewhere than Lumley. There evidently is a specialized unit (maybe at a different location)?
The rules for Restrictive specifically mention mental scores of over 3 as a reason for Restrictive Housing, but I think those w/ really severe issues that require constant monitoring (suicide, danger to others, etc.) go to the psychiatric unit. Restrictive may be for temporary watches or issues that don't rise to the level of needing psychiatric commitment. I haven't been able to find definitions for the mental health scoring levels, so just guessing.

Terminology question: Is Max considered "general population"? Certain steps in Max? Related question: What exactly does "general population" mean?
Gen'l population is generally described as non-isolation. Max is maximum security, but not complete isolation, since outside their own cells they can mingle with others depending upon what step level they've earned. So there is a gen'l pop group within Max.

She does not look high to me. She actually looks really low. PO'ed. Angry. In spite of the tweets that claimed she "feels good" and is "ready for the next step" or words to that effect, she looks like she feels way less than good and is anything but ready. What really stands out is there is no more smirk on her ugly mug. It's about time!

Hmm I do still see a smirk. I see it as her look tough face and I do think she is angry and cannot believe what is happening at that moment.

WOW This is awesome. Thanks! :cheers:

"This prison stay will be no cake walk and contrary to media reports, there is no tweeting, no computers, no internet, no cell phone, no human contact Jodi got all of her information wrong, when she said ''I have received many requests from women to teach them Spanish or American sign language. Because my case was pending I just didn't have the time. In prison I will. If I'm sentenced to life I will live among the general population of women and I'll be able to share my knowledge of those subjects with them, the ones who have a desire to learn also. I may even be able to start classes''. There will be no provision for book clubs or reading groups, as Arias will hardly make it out of her cell for more than just enough time to spend some solitary exercise time in the recreation pen - that too under the watchful eyes of burly security men, as her heavily shackled feet move beyond her little cell to an area outside where there is no inmate contact allowed."

Hmm I do still see a smirk. I see it as her look tough face and I do think she is angry and cannot believe what is happening at that moment.

To me, she looks miffed at having to endure this latest comeuppance. It is one of, hopefully, many that will slap her upside the head over the years. Consider how the killer sees things when you view that photo and you may get a glimpse into her thinking during that pose. In that photo, she looks like she just can't believe how she is being treated and I have no doubt her mind is racing, plotting revenge against all those she believes have betrayed or conspired against her. It is, after all, all their fault.

Disgusting that she is, even her own family do not believe her--regardless of what they do or say publicly.

To me, she looks miffed at having to endure this latest comeuppance. It is one of, hopefully, many that will slap her upside the head over the years. Consider how the killer sees things when you view that photo and you may get a glimpse into her thinking during that pose. In that photo, she looks like she just can't believe how she is being treated and I have no doubt her mind is racing, plotting revenge against all those she believes have betrayed or conspired against her. It is, after all, all their fault.

Disgusting that she is, even her own family do not believe her--regardless of what they do or say publicly.

Yep that's exactly what I think is going thru her evil mind.

I don't think Travis was conscious when the killer slashed his throat. I think he had lost so much blood from his chest wounds that by the time he reached the end of the hallway he fell unconscious there, and she performed the coup de grace.
She said he was conscious just because she COULD, to specifically hurt Travis' family one last time. That statement will come back to haunt her, as it negates her "fog". She shot herself in the foot big time when she that.
I also think she had an emotional breakdown of some sort during the intake process PV. She looks as if she is about to explode, and I bet she did because she felt she had lost control, and that's what the killer fears the most. Time for her to be accountable for Travis' brutal murder.

It's time she paid for her crime. No matter what, she had no right to take Travis' life. His was a vicious, cold and calculated murder.

So true. And if it were me, I would revel in that kind of ethnicity. Great food! Colorful folklore and traditions!

Speaking as a DAR white woman from WDC, I don't see the advantage. Maybe in her warped mind she thinks being "whiter than thou," is a good thing, but I don't think that's going to get her very far, especially in an Arizona prison.

I can personally vouch for the fact that when living in a multicultural environment, being accepting of all people is the only way to be. Live and let live. Oops! Jodi already flunked that one...

Is the inmate more likely to be despised for her ethnicity or for the fact that she may be pretending to be what she is not?

(There could be a better way to phrase that but my hippocampus will not cooperate today.) :)

arias-jpg.jpg

#defeated

Hi salberg7, I agree completely. No one could lose blood as he did and be conscious. The heart alone was enough to kill him. I also think she had been crying before that picture was taken at Perryville After all , she got her first good look. Where will she teach Spanish?:laughing: Because of what she did to Travis I don't give a fig what they do to her.:happydance:

It doesn't help her. It mitigates any remorse she might have expressed. She figured she was going down, so might as well torture the Alexanders in the process. She lost any hope of getting a sentence of LWP after 25 years once she uttered that!

Richard Allen Davis-killer of Polly Klass, uttered something equally as awful to Marc Klass upon his sentencing.

Maybe we could write a book" All The Places To See in Perryville,Before You Die" and send it to inmate
#281109.

Is it just me or does she look high as a kite in that photo?

I see restrained rage in that expression. She's pissed, despite the fact that she got to wear eye makeup in this mug shot. You can clearly see the eye shadow, and others have pointed out the eye liner and mascara, and she may have blush and a pale pink lipstick on.

Is the inmate more likely to be despised for her ethnicity or for the fact that she may be pretending to be what she is not?

(There could be a better way to phrase that but my hippocampus will not cooperate today.) :)

I was wondering if because of Prison gangs?????

She may be on medication and could likely be sedated. She seemed quite agitated as her sentencing hearing progressed and I imagine that just got worse. But, sedated is the opposite of high. And medicated does not equal high even if it was not a sedative. IMO she looked higher than a kite in her first mug--the one where she decided it was appropriate to "smile and say cheese."
Yeah, guess she forgot that this mug shot would get all over the internet too! Or maybe Travis didn't want her to smile anymore...

This is very helpful, LinTX.

1. Don't you just love how she has to sign a "Memo of Expectations" during Orientation? How many hissy fits would this have involved?
2. One item that inmates have to sign for is a set of regulations: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/700/0704.pdf
3. ^^^^^ Has quite a focus on hair. In addition to everything else, if the PV chameleon wants a change of hairdo, she has to get warden's approval and can only do it once in 6 mos. How many hissy fits is this going to involve?
4. JA is not going to be able to cover her cell windows. This means no shade! Wawawa.....If her cell is windowed westward, this is gonna be bake and shake....
5. She gets her laundry done for her....No fair!
6. In Step 1 Max, inmates have to demonstrate medication compliance. I doubt that JA has ever had medication compliance. (This is what was so genius about JSS asking her if she was on medication when she refused to allocute. If she was on medication, she was potentially not of sound mind; if she wasn't on medication, she was out of compliance.) I doubt if JA has ever been in medication compliance.
7. Respectful behavior required: this is gonna be interesting.
8. There are mandatory showers for Jodi's category of inmate.
9. Only $10 per week in commissary and that's only for hygiene and stationary. No food: warden must have been consulting with Sheriff Joe.
10. Sounds like JA is stuck in restrictive housing if she has any infractions.
11. From what I understand, "isolation" means stuff like "all hallways are cleared before this inmate is taken out of the cell (e.g. to shower)". In other words, there's no interaction of any kind with other inmates.

It sounds as though, once assigned to Restrictive Housing, inmate would have to work her way through all the steps before getting the designation changed to Max? That'll be many months.....

Also, what kind of "discipline" can you get if you're already in Restrictive Housing
?
BBM.
Solitary? I was recently at the former Alcatraz prison. It was closed in the 60's and turned into a tourism museum. Solitary there had no windows or even light!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove