Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Prison has it's own rumor mill. This person clearly has too much time on her hands LOL

What I most interesting about this CO's record is that her prison job recently has been computer tech-adv and education porter. Makes me wonder if this is one of the inmates that her supporters reported she was reaching out to from Estrella. Hmmmm.

Also, apparently the computer tech jobs are highly sought-after, as they are in air-conditioned offices. (Not to mention a good skill to learn for life on the outside.)

I believe she started off doing landscaping jobs. Gotta think that had to be just awful.

Here's hoping Jodi starts there, too!

I will purchase the Hughes's book once it is in paperback. I am still old school that way, and prefer paperbacks. :)

She came packed out. She said she had her backpack and a suitcase, her camera and laptop. She said Travis brought them before they went to bed that morning. So did Travis think she'd packed up and left only to come back and surprise him? Giving him that last chance? I think she only brought the backpack in - making Travis think it was just a quick stop and she'd be on her way.

She bought two two packs of facial cleanser, and two two packs of sunscreen, and that jumbo size of KY, and if all went according to plan, and Travis always taking her back, all she had to do was turn in the rental at a Budget in Mesa, and she was in Cancun with Travis. As vain as Jodi is she bought more than enough facial cleanser to get all that make up off, and enough sunscreen to keep you from not looking Hispanic.

Another thing Jodi said in her interrogation with Det. Flores and the ninjas was something about Travis saying she had clothes there but she didn't know if she did.

The piece about the suitcase always caught my attention for some reason. I think it's this: who takes a suitcase on a car trip? Especially Jodi. She'd need an XXL duffel just to carry her makeup. You take a suitcase if you are planning to use public transportation, e.g. a plane. Then, when you noted that JA had exactly the right number of items for a plane trip—suitcase, backpack, camera, laptop—there was no way she wasn't planning on Cancun. I wonder what she was wearing, of if she had to stop and get something long-sleeved before she got to Ryan's place so she could cover up fight marks that I bet she never anticipated getting.

Good point,Rickshaw about the suitcase. I think she thought she'd manipulate Travis into taking her to Cancun. Well, when she's got the hot summer AZ sun beating down on her,she could pretend it's Cancun.

in her ghoulish letter to the family, she refers to Cancun as a " trip of that magnitude". imo, the Cancun trip was another festering bee in her bonnet. she's lying when she says it wasn't.

She makes a trip to Cancun sound like an earthquake, magnitude 8.0. Her language is just so off, but maybe it reveals something she didn't intend: I'm guessing the whole idea of Cancun/not Cancun quite shook her up.

I stil think this evil woman was shocked at the sentence. Dr. Lilian Glass, showed 2 close up pictures on her website as she was receiving the sentence. She appeared to look as if she was ready to cry. Oh well, Jodi,remember when you said,no jury would ever convict you. Oh darn, you were so wrong. Have a miserable life in Perryvile.

Here's the picture - just in case no one has posted it lately! I'm a bit behind in reading...

Attachments

• JodiListensToJSS.png
    JodiListensToJSS.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 330
Now what is this all about?
"Jodi Arias update: Fellow inmate claims convicted killer getting 'special treatment' at Perryville"
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-we...iller-getting-special-treatment-at-perryville

How would this person even know? I thought Jodi wasn't allowed contact with other prisoners, and no visitation, perhaps one 15-minute call a week, minimal commissary and only for hygiene items. The only interaction with other inmates would be through the metal fencing at the outside rec yard. If that's where the information is getting conveyed, it's Jodi's BS.

Lockdown would be normal for her arrival. Hopefully she's not getting a carpeted rec room with a TV but I'm glad the other inmates already resent her and the attention she's getting. Then she'll get a not so nice reception when she's allowed to mingle with them.

She's registered into "restricted housing", which is extremely restrictive. It will take months for her to go through the levels and get out of there.

And, yes, the inmate reaction—which is likely to be true even if everything else is a lie—does not bode well for the Princess of Perryville. If this complainer is a run-of-the-mill ****ess, "can you imagine" what the heavy-weight ****esses are planning for her comeuppance?

Also, apparently the computer tech jobs are highly sought-after, as they are in air-conditioned offices. (Not to mention a good skill to learn for life on the outside.)

I believe she started off doing landscaping jobs. Gotta think that had to be just awful.

Here's hoping Jodi starts there, too!

I was really hoping for the cleaning toilets gig at $.10 and hour, half of which would go to the Alexanders. After all, Jodi has no skills at all to offer, especially none that would require nurturing a living thing, since she kills everything she comes close to.

She's registered into "restricted housing", which is extremely restrictive. It will take months for her to go through the levels and get out of there.

And, yes, the inmate reaction—which is likely to be true even if everything else is a lie—does not bode well for the Princess of Perryville. If this complainer is a run-of-the-mill ****ess, "can you imagine" what the heavy-weight ****esses are planning for her comeuppance?

I realize I invented the word "****ess", but I'm not allowed to use the word "th*g"? I thought I was on the polite side of reality? I'm surprised and curious, not upset, if my language is not okay. Apologies.

These two articles from HLN are from the day after sentencing, so they may have been posted here already. They're new to me, and I found them insightful:

1) Darren Kavinoky

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/04/14/jodi-arias-sentencing-appeal-darren-kavinoky

Some quotes:

...when her turn came to address the court and express remorse, instead of begging for forgiveness, she gave the knife a final twist: She used this as another opportunity to further the threadbare narrative that she was a victim and Travis Alexander was an abuser who attacked her. She even stooped as low as to blame some of her woes on Alexander’s grieving family...

...As if all of this wasn’t bad enough, Arias stated on the record, in open court, that Alexander was conscious when she administered the fatal knife wounds...

...even though experienced trial lawyers are heard to comfort their clients by reminding them that “a conviction is just the first step toward a successful appeal,” on average, criminal appeals are reportedly successful in only 4% of the cases...

2) Monica Lindstrom

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/04/13/jodi-arias-sentencing-courtroom-reaction

Some quotes:

...there were no hints of remorse from Arias -- only more vicious words. Tears were absent, from both Arias and her mother, who was the only person who spoke on her behalf...

...When Arias actually stood up to address the judge, you could feel the shock in the courtroom...she attacked and “corrected” the speech Samantha Alexander had made just moments before. Arias specifically pointed out that it was she who wanted to settle in an earlier phase of the trial, but that Alexander’s family refused...

...You could feel the energy, anger and disbelief that coursed through the courtroom when Arias used her precious speaking time to refute what Alexander had stated. The worst and most shocking part, which drew an audible gasp from the audience, was when Arias explained that when she put a knife to Travis Alexander’s throat, he was still conscious and still attacking her...

...I do not agree with Willmott when she said Arias is not a monster. Being in the courtroom for the majority of the original trial and the retrial, it has been very clear to me that Arias shows no remorse, has little to no feelings and simply doesn’t know how to cry I have spent days -- months -- just feet away from Arias, and I have not seen or heard any authentic remorse -- or any emotion, for that matter...

♥ WARNING ♥ Kiefer article. (uggg)
Just came on my 'Twitter'
Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 2m2 minutes ago
AZ rules for seeking the DP are on trial

[Article written by #JodiArias fanboy, Michael Kiefer. Arias was due to... http://fb.me/6yFyXtnBn

The piece about the suitcase always caught my attention for some reason. I think it's this: who takes a suitcase on a car trip? Especially Jodi. She'd need an XXL duffel just to carry her makeup. You take a suitcase if you are planning to use public transportation, e.g. a plane. Then, when you noted that JA had exactly the right number of items for a plane trip—suitcase, backpack, camera, laptop—there was no way she wasn't planning on Cancun. I wonder what she was wearing, of if she had to stop and get something long-sleeved before she got to Ryan's place so she could cover up fight marks that I bet she never anticipated getting.

Excellent observations!

I've wondered about the suitcase, too, although I think sometimes she called it her "luggage," which is a more general term which could mean something different, e.g., duffel bag, etc. But still, who packs like that for a road trip? I'm sure when she arrived at Travis' house she just brought in the backpack.

To me, the Walmart purchases were very telling about her intentions. That, and the fact that she "doth protest too much" about Cancun not being a big deal. Every day is opposite day when it comes to what comes out of her mouth.

It is so hard to see TA getting hooked into this woman's claws. I have so much compassion for TA in his confusion. But I can see he also bears some responsibility for not wanting to let go of her sooner.

Did he confess to sinning with Jodi twice, or once Deanna once Jodi?

I imagine it would have helped if 281129 had had "psychopath" stamped on her forehead.

Here's the picture - just in case no one has posted it lately! I'm a bit behind in reading...

What is that look? Poor me -- why don't you feel me, judge? -OR- I can't believe I just let the mask fall and said those things?

One of the reasons I find her so fascinating -- she's so inscrutable...

I realize I invented the word "****ess", but I'm not allowed to use the word "th*g"? I thought I was on the polite side of reality? I'm surprised and curious, not upset, if my language is not okay. Apologies.

What? We can't say "****"? I thought it referred to people who commit crimes against people, either by violence or intimidation? That word is used all over the place in old films noir.

:judge:

I was really hoping for the cleaning toilets gig at $.10 and hour, half of which would go to the Alexanders. After all, Jodi has no skills at all to offer, especially none that would require nurturing a living thing, since she kills everything she comes close to.

True, but there's not much vegetation that needs tending in Goodyear, AZ. I think it would be more about cleaning up the debris on the prison grounds. Plus, imagine what that kind of exposure would do to Jodi's fair "caucasian" skin. But $.10/hr sounds like appropriate pay for someone with her limited skills.

I just found I can buy "our friend Travis" for my kindle off UK Amazon, so I have. Just got two weeks left at University then I can read for pleasure. Until I start my Masters in Criminology in September.

I hope that the Alexanders can sue for the money in the appellant fund. Apparently some benefactor has agreed to match each dollar up to $25,000 according to the site. Pathetic!

As Tupac defined it, a *t_ hug* is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. It does define CMJA, and really, most inmates.. unless and until they are hopefully rehabilitated and can lead a crime-free lifestyle. Too late for the former "self proclaimed" goddess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak