Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM ~ So, she was in a fog too? I doubt it. If so, she doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Clearly she is dumb as a rock--she was using scenes in a movie as evidence in a trial.

Once the sentencing is completed will the transcripts of all those secretive side bars and in chamber meetings become available to the public?

:thinking: The way JSS handled and ran her courtroom, I doubt it ...

:thinking: I would not be surprised if the transcripts ...

:ufo::ufo::ufo:

Absolutely, Sammie .

I mean, golly gee whiz, what would it all mean if there were no consequences for doing things that are wrong/unlawful, particularly in the pursuit of Justice.

I think this is what bothered me so much about Mark Eiglarsh's all but hysterical response to other commentators suggestions that this Juror may have engaged in deception/misconduct--I mean he totally freaked out and basically accused the public and these other commentators of doing something wrong by questioning her motives, despite that fact that all of the jurors made statements that this juror failed to deliberate and that she even went so far as to introduce information from a Lifetime movie into the deliberations.

It was bizarre and irrational to me and I wondered why a representative of the law would not take a measured approach and work to ensure that something detrimental to justice did not occur.

I saw his response and he was almost ANGRY at the assertion that this lone holdout had a hidden agenda. But then I remembered he's a defense attorney. Their success is predicated on getting to one juror, getting just one to believe the crap that they're spewing. Of course he's going to vigorously defend the scenario as being completely reasonable and unfair to attack the holdout. Makes a lot of sense.

I'll bet he feels like a chump today. :laughing:

You all have me curious about MDLR. Was the Court aware of her shenanigans all this time? Or was it so secretive that no one knows? Did Juan know and make the Court aware? How did she sneak artwork out of the jail? Sounds like she is the culprit here. JMO

Juan has made the court aware of her several times to combat the defense getting huffy about the media. And she never denied it. Only managed out some immature "oh look like Juan has a crush on me" type posts.

As for the drawings. She was taking them out and they caught her and banned her. She threw a hissy and fit and said the drawings are for migtigation and you're being biased against me. She was allowed back and continued taking the drawings and then posting them on Jodi's art website. And again there was nothing anyone could do because she would just say the drawings were for Jodi's mitigation and to avoid any issues for appeal they'd let her take them.

I'm going to have faith. The citizens of Arizona and Maricopa County are already outraged at the cost of the trial...and many believe this retrial was a waste of time and money. If they can find out a juror knowingly lied and withheld information which would have disqualified her from the jury, you can bet they are going to find it. And with social media and the internet, finding evidence is a lot easier than we think. If they can show the citizens a rogue juror is the reason they failed in this phase, it will be a huge win in court of public opinion for the state. I would be extremely worried if I were this juror, if I had ANYTHING to hide.

Does she have kids with her ex? Are they in contact with their Dad? Did they/he know she was on this trial? Lots of interesting questions.
If it is proven she lied to get on this jury, then I hope she gets to find out what the turkey-flavoured soy casserole tastes like in Estrella.

I hope while they're looking into juror #17 it falls over into looking into MDLR. That woman really needs some looking into.

I've been called for jury duty several times and one of the first questions they asked us as a group before any other voir dire began was if we knew or had any business dealings with any of the attorneys involved (pros or def or judge). This was in a state other than AZ. Was this question asked of these jurors in voir dire?

I've been searching with no luck....in the last few days, regarding jury questions, Sherry said she had 2....was not going to look at them...does anyone remember that? Could those have been the letter from the foreman and the letter from #17? Still searching for the tweet....

Supposing all this is true about Juror #17, what can be done at this point? Nothing can change the verdict, can it?

I've been called for jury duty several times and one of the first questions they asked us as a group before any other voir dire began was if we knew or had any business dealings with any of the attorneys involved (pros or def or judge). This was in a state other than AZ. Was this question asked of these jurors in voir dire?

We don't know...maybe we can tweet the Judge and find out :gaah:

I refuse to believe JM isn't aware of what mdlr has been up to this entire time. She hasn't exactly been quiet nor tactful about it. I don't believe she has the ability, nor desire to.

So be it. It makes it easier for the Prosecutor's Office to document the behaviors. After all, we are talking about verified social media accounts, aren't we? (I haven't checked, she's not worth it) :) If so, the DA has likely already been in contact with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., and has everything he needs to go after her - when he is ready. Even if she were to attempt to "scrub" her data, it has already been stored on the Enterprise servers.

Regardless of whether she's salaried employee or on contract, her behavior is reprehensible. She knows she should know better, as she has a standard to uphold to her profession FIRST - her client should never trump that.

Personal attachments and boundaries have been violated six ways from Sundays. I hope her credential / licensure comes under scrutiny and/or review. When the dust settles, I believe the losses will be more significant than just monetary - and rightfully so.

mdlr's goose is cooked.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, now that I'm really thinking about it.......

What are the odds of a sitting JA juror:

Had an ex prosecuted by JM and she didn't remember him

She's a fan of the Law of Attraction

Watched ONLY "bits and pieces" of the JA Lifetime movie, and thought they made her out to be a monster... (but didn't watch the entire movie?)...but liked it enough, obviously, that she wanted to bring it in for the other jurors to view

Actually used the word "revenge" in regards to the DP, just like the special snowflake used in a media interview

*** There's one more thing she "liked" or followed on her FB page that was related to Jodi as well...what was it?

What are the odds?????

We don't know...maybe we can tweet the Judge and find out :gaah:

I remmeber from tweets in voir dire that the potential jurors were asked if to look around and see if they knew any of the attorneys or players in the room and some did. One juror (who made it on) was friends with someone in Jodi's family or something while another knew Jennifer Willmott. #17 can plead ignorance but the question seems pretty clear.

Yes, according to BK it was. BK also currently believes the abuse is what caused J17 to not budge.

All the Jurors names are posted on the 'Jodi is Innocent' website, with the exception of #17.

when ja took over council of her case for the short period of time, wouldnt she have access to the jurors names with anything else about them included?

LOL, now that I'm really thinking about it.......

What are the odds of a sitting JA juror:

Had an ex prosecuted by JM and she didn't remember him

She's a fan of the Law of Attraction

Watched ONLY "bits and pieces" of the JA Lifetime movie, and thought they made her out to be a monster... (but didn't watch the entire movie?)...but liked it enough, obviously, that she wanted to bring it in for the other jurors to view

Actually used the word "revenge" in regards to the DP, just like the special snowflake used in a media interview

*** There's one more thing she "liked" or followed on her FB page that was related to Jodi as well...what was it?

What are the odds?????

She also liked Nancy Grace.

You all have me curious about MDLR. Was the Court aware of her shenanigans all this time? Or was it so secretive that no one knows?

Did Juan know and make the Court aware?

How did she sneak artwork out of the jail? Sounds like she is the culprit here. JMO

BBM: Juan KNOWS and made a comment about it in court ... but I can't remember when ...

Somebody help me out when Juan made the comment about the "Cougarlicious"

:) Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members