Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the notes on questionaire she said during "separation" so if that is the case it could account for not recognizing JM. Frankly there are so many rumors I would love a statement from the court but not going to happen anytime soon...but i do think they owe the taxpayers of AZ an explanation.

That would work except didn't she marry him the day before or after he was convicted or something?? Unless she got back with him and married him the day before sentencing then didn't go to court, and they never discussed the case, she missed all the newspaper articles and just plain wasn't interested she LIED to get on the Jury .. and why .. to get back at Juan and the system IMO.

Did we ever find out what happened with the 2 jurors who were released late in the game? TIA

There is also a blog reportedly written by #17 under her maiden name about anti dp with a connecting link from classmates listing both maiden and ex husbands names.

Any way of checking the date that blog was created? There are people out there (remember it happening during the CA case) who would make up fictitious webpages.

Now I'm wondering which juror she was via Twitter descriptions during the trial. One female juror was described as maybe distracted, looking at her nails, not very engaged with it all. Do you remember this? Could it have been J17 who already knew which way she was going to vote?

in the notes on questionaire she said during "separation" so if that is the case it could account for not recognizing JM. Frankly there are so many rumors I would love a statement from the court but not going to happen anytime soon...but i do think they owe the taxpayers of AZ an explanation.

BBM- Amen to that!

Did we ever find out what happened with the 2 jurors who were released late in the game? TIA

The mother of one of them (the woman) died, so she had to be released, poor thing. That was revealed in the juror press conference yesterday (I believe she attended?).

November 13, 2013- death penalty persuasive speech by ####### ####### ( didn't want to put her name out there in case it's not allowed).

Someone I follow on Twitter that seems to have discovered much of this information.

One of the things that makes this so difficult to handle is that we talked so much during the resentencing phase about how the 1st trial got snookered by a rogue jury member who became the foreman.

Surely it could not happen again like the 1st trial?

Well, not only may it have happened again, but it sounds like it may have even been worse in a lot of ways. It seems a real possibility that purposeful intentions may have taken place.

Lets just hope some real investigations go on that will uncover any wrongs that may have been done.
It may not help the verdict, but it may help prevent it from happening in the future.

The woman who was released said her mother died suddenly. The man that was released that same day IDK

PHOENIX - The focus of the Jodi Arias trial is now turning to the jurors. Some have come forward to explain their positions, while others are trying to stay anonymous, like juror 17, who has become the focus of Internet chatter.

ABC15 is not releasing her name, but a little bit of investigating revealed that she may have links to the criminal justice system in Maricopa County.

Her first husband has a lengthy criminal past, according to court documents.

Court records show in 1998, before he married juror 17, he was charged with murder and drive-by shooting. In 2000, those charges were dropped. However, on the same day they were dropped, he pleaded guilty in a separate burglary case. He served a minimal sentence on that charge.

It was only uncovered that Juan Martinez was the prosecutor in both cases. Martinez was the lead prosecutor in the Jodi Arias trial.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...have-a-connection-to-prosecutor-juan-martinez

BOTH CASES????

There is also a blog reportedly written by #17 under her maiden name about anti dp with a connecting link from classmates listing both maiden and ex husbands names.

Unbelievable if true. She's almost making this too easy for them , it just keeps piling up. Maybe she and Jodi will be cell mates :jail:

Added: I just went and found what you are referring to on twitter and if that info is authentic...that would be the proverbial smoking gun. I hope she has a good attorney. I am dumbfounded if this is the same person and she thought this wouldn't get discovered. You know,what they say about stupid criminals.

I agree. Many posters here feel this has been a miscarriage of justice, and it may in fact meet the criteria, but when the alternative of actual justice is based upon a DP with no death, and considerable and unique benefits out of all proportion to the punishment meted out, this miscarriage may in the end be more just than the real article. It is truly backwards and farcical, but that is an accurate reflection of the backwards and farcical nature of the DP in today's political, and politically correct climate.

There is a poster on this board who's name carries a message of support for a dear friend of hers who was kidnapped and murdered many years ago. She names both the victim and the murderer. Googling the murderers name reveals that his DP conviction was overturned 27 years after it was imposed, and there is mention of the possibility of his getting parole.

There is no doubt that had this juror been unbiased and fair, JA would have received the DP. Most people, including the family, would have had the satisfaction of a just result for a depraved and evil act. Except it would have been an illusion, a lie, fool's gold, a house built on a foundation of mud, and nothing short of a golden opportunity for evil to triumph in the end. Not an inevitability, but an opportunity, as borne out by Katiecoolady's story, the poster's on this board that I mentioned, and undoubtedly many, many others.

As it stands we know that 13 people out of 14 on that jury (including the alternates) saw, understood, and supported the truth, as well as saw, understood and rejected the lies. That this is justice in a sense perhaps greater than the law can provide is a suggestion worth considering.

That the written law was subverted by a less than honest human nature may be a fact in this case, but is also a story as old as human nature itself, but interestingly the written law in this case is booby-trapped, it carries within it the opposite of its intention, has concealed within it the ability to turn justice into injustice and to injure those it claims to help, and to help those it claims to injure.

Is there very much to mourn in the fact that un-admired human folly was used so apparently skillfully, in such a measured amount, as to yield the best possible result out of flawed human law, and the best possible sentiment out of 13 sincere hearts?

I'm sure you are referring to me and yes - 29 years later his sentence was overturned - he was retried, found guilty, and sentenced to life without parole. The entire DP system is so skewed to protect the accused that the victim is forgotten and helpless. The fact that my friend's brother went to law school and is a prosecutor in another state helped ensure that her murderer remain in prison. Martha was a wonderful, beautiful person and (like Travis) did not deserve what happened to her. I am relieved that Curtis is still in prison and that soon Jodi will be facing the same fate.

I don't think I can post it here but it was CR Chatter twitter. M DLR posted on JA's fb the 11 jurors names. There was also a picture posted over there with R DLR with juror 17's husband. Most gone now...grrr.

I hope someone is coping this and reporting it to the authorities .

Yes, I am.

MDLR at 9:32 am before the verdict came down: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_cHtZLUwAA0nfw.jpg:large

13-2807. Jury tampering; classification

A. A person commits jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in a case, such person directly or indirectly, communicates with a juror other than as part of the normal proceedings of the case.

B. Jury tampering is a class 6 felony.
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/02807.htm

FWIW, members of a jury can be charged with jury tampering as can lawyers, judges, anyone who is connected to a court case. If you are officially part of the prosecution or defence, you can only deal with members of the jury through the normal workings of the court.
Which brings to mind JM's questioning of Geffner regarding his apparent focus on one particular juror. Maybe, if it was #17, JM had an inkling something was going on.

Now I'm wondering which juror she was via Twitter descriptions during the trial. One female juror was described as maybe distracted, looking at her nails, not very engaged with it all. Do you remember this? Could it have been J17 who already knew which way she was going to vote?

I read that she took tons of notes - makes me wonder about a book possibly???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem