Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Judge Stephens seems to have no ability what-so-ever to say no to Nurmi, the answer is YES, If the defense ask's for a delay in sentencing in order to allow Jodi to "adjust", I'm sure she will.

As we can all see by the never ending pictures, Jodi is suffering greatly in jail, and will need to be acclimated prior to the move to the Big House.

Once Nurmi explains these deplorable conditions to Judge Stephens, they will have a sidebar, a group hug, and then a few tears or two among themselves. The Judge will grant another 30 day extention because it is in her power to do such. They're really gonna miss Jodi, she's become such a big part of their daily lives.

Juan will loudly and vehemently object, but Judge Stephens will ignore his pleas, pretty much like she's done the entire trial. Juan doesn't understand the kinship between all of them, so he can't be part of the group.
I love this POST! Excellent summation of the past 2 + years.

Those pics just make me shiver, much like the pics I've seen of Scott Peterson on Death Row.

I sending the little princess another postcard: This one, CMJA you are starting to look like your mother. Since she as major issues with her mother plus the BPD this will drive her nuts. Smiling again.

From the article:
"The system, developed by Texas-based Securus Technologies, allows people from all over the world to talk to any of the 8,500 inmates in the county's six jails via video, as long as they have a high-speed Internet connection and a webcam."

This is something that just doesn't make sense to me unless all video communications are recorded and/or monitored by LE. If a person visiting has to submit to background checks, and only those who pass get to visit - what's to stop a group of undesirables to videochat with inmates? I realize the great difference between in-person visits and remote video, but it's just odd.

I also disagree that this great perk is available to people who are supposed to be in jail as punishment.

What a fabulous, fabulous perk inmates get these days. I don't give a rat's *advertiser censored* if they're incarcerated and it's not pleasant; it just seems like they get more and more comforts. "Civil Rights" my eye. They should lose all their civil rights the second they are convicted of taking away another human being's civil rights, human rights, LIVES.

Blech.

How did she get the candy bar if she was still at the court house? I thought defense was not permitted to give her food?

:seeya: Not sure about the candy -- but you know someone here will find an answer :)

But the MSM are tweeting about the other photo:

From Troy Hayden:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 40m40 minutes ago
#JodiArias is able to take video calls from anybody. These pics look like they were snapped by someone making call.

B_ru3YbU0AEgAZK.jpg

Now my question:

Is juror #17 going to contribute money to Jodi's commissary account every month, or..... is she expecting a payment from it every month.....for LIFE ?

Sorta' like a pension plan.

How did she get the candy bar if she was still at the court house?
I thought defense was not permitted to give her food?

:thinking:
:thinking::thinking:
:thinking::thinking::thinking:
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: Nah ... I better :silenced: because I will be :censored:

:seeya: !

So it's after 5pm EST...any official word from the DA or the Court about how the "investigation" is going?

This is something that just doesn't make sense unless all video communications are recorded and/or monitored by LE. If a person visiting has to submit to background checks, and only those who pass get to visit - what's to stop a group of undesirables to videochat with inmates? I realize the great difference between in-person visits and remote video, but it's just odd.

I also disagree that this great perk is available to people who are supposed to be in jail as punishment.

What a fabulous, fabulous perk inmates get these days. I don't give a rat's *advertiser censored* if they're incarcerated and it's not pleasant; it just seems like they get more and more comforts. "Civil Rights" my eye. They should lose all their civil rights the second they are convicted of taking away another human being's civil rights, human rights, LIVES.

Blech.

Unfortunately.. Until the prison system classifies inmates by not only security risk but by crime commited then it is completely unfair. I'm all for taking away rights of convicts who commit heinous crimes. Not drug addicts, prostitutes and low level crime.

Eta she's in county jail where the majority of people are only accused of crimes. once she's transferred to actual prison it will change

How does that work? Cell phones are contraband afaik.......q

She has video visitation it's like Skype so the free world person she's talking to can screen shot her mug on their computer and release the pictures to us poor people.
She does not get this in prison.

Since Judge Stephens seems to have no ability what-so-ever to say no to Nurmi, the answer is YES, If the defense ask's for a delay in sentencing in order to allow Jodi to "adjust", I'm sure she will.

As we can all see by the never ending pictures, Jodi is suffering greatly in jail, and will need to be acclimated prior to the move to the Big House.

Once Nurmi explains these deplorable conditions to Judge Stephens, they will have a sidebar, a group hug, and then a few tears or two among themselves. The Judge will grant another 30 day extension because it is in her power to do such. They're really gonna miss Jodi, she's become such a big part of their daily lives.

Juan will loudly and vehemently object, but Judge Stephens will ignore his pleas, pretty much like she's done the entire trial. Juan doesn't understand the kinship between all of them, so he can't be part of the group.

Just jumping off your post about JSS. This weekend I started binge-watching Brandon Bradley's DP trial in FL and I am shocked that the judge's behavior in BB's trial is so similar to JSS in CMJA's - tons of sidebars, etc. It must be a DP thing to pamper the felon.

I walked away from here for a couple of days, just needed a rest from all that has gone on. I don't know if this has been asked and answered before but now that the death penalty isn't on the table does that mean that MDLR is no longer a part of the defense team? After all, without the death penalty there is nothing for her to mitigate.

Unfortunately.. Until the prison system classifies inmates by not only security risk but by crime commited then it is completely unfair. I'm all for taking away rights of convicts who commit heinous crimes. Not drug addicts, prostitutes and low level crime.

Eta she's in county jail where the majority of people are only accused of crimes. once she's transferred to actual prison it will change

BBM - totally agree with you.

What, no glasses!

FYI, that's not CMJA. Quote from the article, "Sheriff Joe Arpaio chats with a women in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico, Thursday, Nov. 6, 2014, during a demonstration of the new video chat technology in Maricopa County jails."

That makes me so mad, that she can video chat. I can't even video chat with my grandkids and I've never been in trouble, let alone murdered anyone. I think that Jodi being able to goad and antagonize the Alexander family (all these years) while in jail, on trial, and even once convicted, is an outrageous failure on the part of our justice and jail systems. And all this handing pictures, notes, tweets and possibly juror names while this person is convicted and in jail; I am feeling like the system is just as guilty of letting CMJA continue to victimize the victims. But seeing how they allowed her to do that to Travis throughout the trial, I guess we are all condoning it by not speaking out about how this psychopath and her attorneys have made a mockery of justice. J MO

But they have responded- they said "Jodi Arias is not on our short list- she's not on our long list either!"

Then maybe she is on their *insert bad word* list. She didn't plead guilty, but she admitted she killed him, so how would they think the Innocence Project could help her anyway??? The word delusional comes to mind.

ETA: BBM

I had originally typed "she plead guilty"... I stand corrected, my fingers did the talking.

OT: I had the opportunity to see Jeff Ashton speak at a conference about the Caylee case. He acknowledged one Atty from AZ for finding the computer searches (firefox mozilla?) after the document release. I asked him why they never pursued (sic?) prosecution of Cindy for perjury and he replied that he thought the Prosecutor's office was just done with this case. They had had enough of seeing or hearing anything Anthony.

I wonder if in this case, they investigate who leaked the juror info and maybe some consequences for that, but many are just done hearing or seeing anything Arias or Jodi related. My hope is that lessons will be learned from this case and JSS will never feel like her hands are tied in the future. On some level, I kinda feel like Nurmi felt like his hands were tied by Jodi manipulation as well. She got the defense she wanted - one way or another. JMO

The judge sealed the jurors' names for thirty days following the verdict in the trial where I served as juror. Immediately on day 31 the reporters were ringing my phone off the hook.

and that is the way it should go....and in a high profile even longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth