Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, He is the reason that they lost the case and if they had real evidence on her they would have done it. I believe that they wanted to get Casey so much that they cut corners and pushed to far too fast.

FGS, the jury didn't even convict her of the charge of aggravated child abuse! Are folks of the opinion that it was pushed to far too fast and was prosecutorial overreach on that charge?

Casey Anthony, 25, was charged with seven counts -- first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer in Caylee's 2008 disappearance and death.

the silence from AZ is deafening...no one is talking media...jurors....attorneys...no one...I have a feeling this is all going no where other than Phil will have no. 17 on sometime down the line long after sentencing and she is sure of no legal consequences. I guess he had Nick Gordon on for an "intervention" regarding the Bobbie Kristina deal and he is actually under investigation...Phil must really pay to get these people to do this. I can't even really call him "Dr" Phil.

Juror #17 is going to profit from this. That was the plan all along. Her and that felon husband of hers.

I completely disagree....now whether they find anything or not is another story. But we will see.
I disagree. The investigation will start with the jail site.
Life for Jodi will be harder than she can imagine. Perryville will see to it.

FGS, the jury didn't even convict her of the charge of aggravated child abuse! Are folks of the opinion that it was pushed to far too fast and was prosecutorial overreach on that charge?

Yes. Show me the abuse? I believe that she is responsible for Caylee's death. How? I don't know. But how can you get people to sit on a jury and convict someone of murder and abuse with no proof of either? Just conjecture?
It is a shame.

Juror #17 is going to profit from this. That was the plan all along.
That what one of the jurors on Casey's case thought too. Wanted a five figure deal. Didn't work out so well for that juror. He had the publicist all lined up before deliberations were even over.

Juror #17 is going to profit from this. That was the plan all along. Her and that felon husband of hers.

JMO-She who trusts her felon husband to keep her secrets is probably a fool. Stay tuned.

Yes. Show me the abuse? I believe that she is responsible for Caylee's death. How? I don't know. But how can you get people to sit on a jury and convict someone of murder and abuse with no proof of either? Just conjecture?
It is a shame.

A need to show the child abuse of Caylee.... ??? REALLY???? It's not child abuse if you don't know/care/are involved over 30 days... Okie Dokey then. Perhaps y'all are saying it should have been neglect or some other charge? It just shows that there are many folks who differ here on what having a child and abusing them means, or that this was not a proper charge. Others posting disagree, I get that. NOTED. And others it appear this is not abuse... Okie Dokey then...

Speachless.JPG

I believe she is there at least through sentencing day. She is still posting at "that other site", spewing nonsense galore. "Justus"?

All I keep thinking is no matter what she has now, It is still jail. She is not out enjoying a beautiful day or laying down staring at clouds. She is in JAIL. Locked up for the rest of her life and in about a month she is going to prison and I hope the day she does we spend the whole day making a huge thread just about what an awesome dude Travis was and forget her.

This is something that just doesn't make sense to me unless all video communications are recorded and/or monitored by LE. If a person visiting has to submit to background checks, and only those who pass get to visit - what's to stop a group of undesirables to videochat with inmates? I realize the great difference between in-person visits and remote video, but it's just odd.

I also disagree that this great perk is available to people who are supposed to be in jail as punishment.

What a fabulous, fabulous perk inmates get these days. I don't give a rat's *advertiser censored* if they're incarcerated and it's not pleasant; it just seems like they get more and more comforts. "Civil Rights" my eye. They should lose all their civil rights the second they are convicted of taking away another human being's civil rights, human rights, LIVES.

Blech.

I have done video chats with my brother and they are monitered. They are actually safer for the institution honestly. No more contrband from visitors. No more passing along secret messages. The video visits give prisons a lot more control and they know everything said and done! I think more prisons are going to push video visits and eventually they will replace face to face visits. They already have in some of the county jails.

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe
· 7m 7 minutes ago
Can't stop #jodiarias visits but we are watching and listening to every word.

A need to show the child abuse of Caylee.... ??? REALLY????

View attachment 70856

I believe that Caylee was abused. I believe that Caylee was neglected but in that case, I could not find proof. Just a lot of innuendo and conjecture. I don't blame that jury one bit. I think it was tragic but the prosecutor messed up.

I think here we have an awesome prosecutor who got it right. I believe that as frustrating as the Judge was, She did everything in a way to make it impossible for her to win appeals.
This was a great case for the Prosecution. They proved EVERYTHING. And now she will go away forever.

And there you have it!

They set up the trust fund so she could sell artwork and take donations and who knows what else, with no one able to touch her. I am not saying they might not fund some of her legal stuff with it but I do not for a minute believe they intend to use those funds solely for that, regardless of what they say.

Remember, the Anthonys had a Caylee trust fund for the purpose of finding missing kids. The trusts are closed now and funds all used up. Has anyone heard they ever found or aided in a search for any missing child?

The IRS or anyone else in charge didn't care what the Anthonys did with trust funds; I see no reason to believe they will care enough to monitor Arias trusts.

I'm not sure the Anthonys situation would be true in Jodi's situation. Some ideas:
-Jodi is alive
-State aid (in my state at least) requires reporting of monies held in trust. In other words, you can't hide it from the state if you want aid. This includes food stamps, Medicaid, emergency funds, housing....... I'm thinking "indigent" status might go by the same rules.
-the money in the trust fund would have a tie-in to the IRS, because it gets reported.
-the sale of artwork, etc. would be taxed by the State of Arizona and by the IRS: capital gains tax? income tax?
-OJ's money wasn't hidden in a trust: it was used to buy an annuity and a house in Florida, both of which IIRC were assets protected from civil suits.
-if Jodi is receiving benefit from those trust monies (e.g. to her commissary account), they might be construed as belonging to her?
-if Jodi's money was separated out from her parents' stuff during the bankruptcy process, this might signify that the money belongs to Jodi/
Anyway, I think the trust issue is much murkier than it appears on the face.

I think this is so different than Cindy's perjury charges, and yes I am still sick that she was never charged. in Caylee's case she had no family members that cared to push the issue for Caylee for justice.
In this case they have the Alexander's that have tried to get justice for seven years. They are not going to just let this drop. They have eleven jurors that have spoken out, and I don't think they will back down. They seem to be a strong unit that will see this through. I also think that the ad's office needs to send a message to other potential jurors that the same will not happen to them. They have many people to answer to.
I do think there is an investigation going on, because they have so many people that will not let them do nothing and just sit silently by. Like others have said, I don't think we will hear anything until the investigation is complete. Why tip their hands to what has been found out so far?

BBM JA was convicted of first degree murder. IMO that is justice. It is not as if JA is walking free. The Alexanders are lucky that AZ has the death penalty as an option even though their prayers (for the DP) were not answered. MOO

They're soooo not going to investigate this!

You're right, they won't. Because it wouldn't change anything even if they did, and because there is no way to PROVE she was a stealth juror, even if she was, and that's not a certainty anyway.

The leak of jurors names should be investigated and might be, but if it is, JA and not MDLR will be assigned the blame. Which would go into Sheriff Joe's report on her, which will follow her to Perryville.

And.....BK's very uninformed opinion that JA will do just swell in Perryville? Yah, right. In that same interview she pretty much said JA's shouldn't have ever been a DP case, that she felt sorry for #17, that the retrial was a waste of time....etc.

That makes me so mad, that she can video chat. I can't even video chat with my grandkids and I've never been in trouble, let alone murdered anyone. I think that Jodi being able to goad and antagonize the Alexander family (all these years) while in jail, on trial, and even once convicted, is an outrageous failure on the part of our justice and jail systems. And all this handing pictures, notes, tweets and possibly juror names while this person is convicted and in jail; I am feeling like the system is just as guilty of letting CMJA continue to victimize the victims. But seeing how they allowed her to do that to Travis throughout the trial, I guess we are all condoning it by not speaking out about how this psychopath and her attorneys have made a mockery of justice. J MO

So she could phone the Alexanders?

Yes, considering the fact that they didn't even make a decent case for the cause of death.

So wait....the 11 juror names were posted with J17 information omitted by the time of the juror press conference. How would anyone on the outside know which one to omit? The press conference was shortly after court was adjourned.

Some have questioned JA's mother's FB post the night before referencing "it only takes one," and MDLR's tweet "I told you faith works" the next morning before the "verdict" was read in open court. If we go back and look at the events leading up to the "verdict," it seems pretty clear that both the PT and the DT knew the outcome before the jury went home on 3/4. And I think they probably also knew who the holdout was.

Wed 2/25 - the jury gets case. According to the jury press conference, the initial vote was about 50/50, with a few undecided.

Thurs 2/26 - they take another vote and are now at 11-1

Fri 2/27 - Mon 3/2 - court is in recess

Mon 3/2 - continue deliberations with the focus obviously on J17.

Tues 3/3 - two questions (#5 and #6) are sent to JSS. Based on the press conference, we now know one Q was asking for an alternate because one juror (we don't know if they identified her as J17 or not) was closed off to examining evidence and had potential bias because she brought up the Lifetime movie and things she had seen on the news. We do not know what the 2nd Q was, but know it was submitted by J17, and I would assume she identified herself. The PT and DT know the questions. JSS calls in the jury and responds to both questions by giving the modified impasse instruction.

Wed 3/4 - closed door session announced for 1:00. The media waited outside assuming either a verdict had been reached or the jury was hung. Court doors finally unlock only to find the Alexanders leave the courthouse, followed by the attorneys. We now know this was a juror question - stating they were deadlocked, minds were made up, the status has not changed since last Thursday, and some said to let the judge know today or they want off the jury.

Thurs 3/5 - "verdict" to be announced at 9:30. JSS reads the juror question from late the day before, and one more from that morning stating the status has not changed. JSS declares a mistrial.

So because the deadlock came in the form of a juror question on 3/4 and a closed session was held, the hung jury on 3/5 was no surprise to the PT or DT. And I think based on juror questions 5 and 6, it was probably revealed who the holdout was. I think that info was leaked after court on 3/4 and as soon as JSS officially declared a mistrial on 3/5, the names were posted online. MOO

Jodi is on Snapped right now ... parts 1 and 2 until 9PM EST. Oxygen channel.

A need to show the child abuse of Caylee.... ??? REALLY???? It's not child abuse if you don't know/care/are involved over 30 days... Okie Dokey then. Perhaps y'all are saying it should have been neglect or some other charge? It just shows that there are many folks who differ here on what having a child and abusing them means, or that this was not a proper charge. Others posting disagree, I get that. NOTED. And others it appear this is not abuse... Okie Dokey then...

View attachment 70856

Caylee could have died of an accident or natural causes, and Casey covered up the death for 30 days .. who knows for sure, not us, and that's the point .. the state didn't prove their case. Personally I think it's possible that Caylee drowned in the pool while Casey was on the phone, only if Caylee was alive does the 30 days of a non report = some form of child abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member