Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
]Does anyone feel JA will try to appeal? What if she did get a new trial? What are the chances she would get another hung jury with this one sooooo close to DP[/B]?

What have I missed? I have been out of the loop since last Tuesady morning when I went to the ER. I don't remember much. I do remember watching the verdict while they were taking my blood pressure and it hit two hundred over one ten, I got more drugs and my husband tuned the tv off. About the only thing I remember after that is waking up and looking at the board the next morning and asking the nurse when did I start breastfeeding?

Has the stealth juror been outed? Will this change the verdict? What the F?

Folks, go to youtube mikee daniels. Hes back. He did another video on the outcome of this trial. He promises to do a video on #17 too.

What have I missed? I have been out of the loop since last Tuesady morning when I went to the ER. I don't remember much. I do remember watching the verdict while they were taking my blood pressure and it hit two hundred over one ten, I got more drugs and my husband tuned the tv off. About the only thing I remember after that is waking up and looking at the board the next morning and asking the nurse when did I start breastfeeding?

Geez, where do we start .. maybe read this: http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...-being-investigated-post-verdict-juror-17-und

O/T .. also I'm still listening to this: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jordan-king/2015/03/06/anne-bremnerbeth-karas-dwane-cates-on-jodi-arias and I'm SMH on some of the things they're saying about Juan etc .. the case, followers of the trial etc .. and I'm only about 10 mins in.

WTF?

If they did, and she said that she could keep an open mind, follow the instructions and deliberate in good faith, then nope.

ETA: Just going by Beth Karas' notes on her during jury selection, I think is it's crazy that Juan Martinez accepted her on the jury based on just the background that she gave them at that time. But he did.

Is that what Beth said? Or was it that defense wanted her and JM was not able to strike her?

More speculation than fact around J17, and a consensus that it's unlikely to change anything about the trial/verdict.

Some investigation going on about the names of the jurors being released on the JAII site, and apparently Arias' cell was tossed looking for the list!

Sentencing by JSS scheduled for April 13, no word yet on livestreaming.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Hey, right, wait a minute! What about arias mother asking for donations for her 'applelatte fund'. LOL Remember that? She is indigent so her appeals are paid for by the state even tho she has life sentence! More lies & manipulation! Then parents just claimed bankruptcy! Well, her supporters don't have much sense, so I guess they believed Sandy & gave her $. HA

Unconfirmed: but I am seeing it being said that Juan was not out of strikes, is there a way to find out for sure?

First of all, calm down. Don't want you in the hospital again. They are investigating J17 because of all the reports and statements that she refused to deliberate from the other 11 jurors. All I can say is social media is NOT always your best friend. Even though the jurors tried to tell the judge she was not cooperating it appears the judge spoke with her privately so who knows what she told the judge about the other 11 jurors. So it came down to, they said vs. she said. Hopefully an investigation will get things out in the open. Think of restful things, the beach in the summer, etc. Hope you are feeling better.

Hopefully AZL will be around to clarify it, but I'm pretty sure she said the state will pay for her appeals even with LWOP, but I don't think she has an unlimited number of them as she would with the DP. I even saw a message from her family (I think the Youtube video of her parents) saying they want to raise money for her appeal so they can hire their own attorney and not have to rely on the state-appointed one. It's very, very unlikely that any of her appeals will be successful, and that's from AZL. It's completely normal to file them, but that doesn't mean they'll get anywhere.
IIRC AZL said she gets one .... after that it's on her dime.

Actually, I think you're talking about the other website , although this one I'd also suspect is not doing it without compensation of some type. This JAII one is the one that JA and her family preferred & support - they sell the 'art' and collect funds that goes into an account in Aunt Sue's name, supposedly dedicated for appeals funding.

Complete with a pic from the video asking for money from Mr and Mrs Arias. Not to mention a link to that donation page and a note saying that THAT is the only verified JA donation page, do NOT send money to any other one.

Hey, right, wait a minute! What about arias mother asking for donations for her 'applelatte fund'. LOL Remember that? She is indigent so her appeals are paid for by the state even tho she has life sentence! More lies & manipulation! Then parents just claimed bankruptcy! Well, her supporters don't have much sense, so I guess they believed Sandy & gave her $. HA
Because they wanted to hire their own attorney, not the riff-raff provided by the state. Only the best for Precious.

Unconfirmed: but I am seeing it being said that Juan was not out of strikes, is there a way to find out for sure?

IIRC AZL or one of the Attorneys on this site said he could have had her dismissed for cause, without using his strikes....

Among all of the other ludicrous things she said, she said she killed him in self defense.

The website says "I was abused, and I fought back" .... she will waste another pile of state's money appealing on that basis......

IIRC AZL or one of the Attorneys on this site said he could have had her dismissed for cause, without using his strikes....

Wow huh .. pays to do your homework right? Even Baez was googling potential jurors names and checking their Facebooks.

I agree. I used the exact terminology last night that "he outed her."

His name, her name, her ex-husband's name... They're all easy enough to find on the Internet, but first of all, isn't it against the TOS to post them here?

I'm just having a problem with her name getting posted here attached to the anti-DP speech that wasn't even authored by #17. And this video that has nothing to do with anything other than the gossip that it's her husband. I feel like I'm reading TMZ.

Well regarding #17's info being released, since that "other" site obviously had the whole list(right down to their middle initials and even some of their webpages), then it stands to reason they also had #17's, perhaps they're the ones who released it to the media($$ talks)... how else would a tv camera have been able to show up at their doorstep so quickly for the one on one with the hb(heck the juror herself was allegedly not even home at the time), unless it's true that it was the hb himself that "outed" her?

http://www.kpho.com/story/28274746/juror-no-12s-husband-she-felt-like-she-was-being-assaulted
http://www.kpho.com/video?clipId=11208644&autostart=true

Hmm, I definitely heard the hb says his wife "held strong to her beliefs and he is proud of her for that"... only question is, what are her beliefs, he claims she believes in the DP but she couldn't even give one example to the other jurors what crime would be worthy of a DP if not this one? He also claims she looked at all of the reports and pics and how would he know that ... that's also not what the other jurors had complained about, in fact that was their problem, that she refused to look at all the evidence and only wanted to focus on JA's journals, maybe for tips on how to write her own.. since she too is a fan of the LoA and the movie the Secret.:/

Is that what Beth said? Or was it that defense wanted her and JM was not able to strike her?

Sorry, no, it's my opinion that JM should not have accepted her.

Beth's notes on her said that she was familiar with the case, had physical and emotional abuse as a child at the hands of an uncle and from her ex-husband (described him as a "bully" and "an idiot") who had been in prison for robbery.

I want to know what time the jurors left the courthouse (17 mainly), what time the reporter spoke to the husband, was 17 home at the time, had she JUST walked in the door before husband spoke to the reporter.

If the time line shows that 17 did NOT have time to talk to husband before he did his on camera interview then that points to juror misconduct on her part. Meaning she was talking to him about the trial while it was on going.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member