Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These two I really question. Knowing their daughter seemed "off" based on police video, why didn't they seek help for her when she was younger? I recall the Dad saying she has always been strange since she was 13 yrs old or something to that effect. My son just turned 13 and if he starts acting out in unhealthly ways or starts deviating from being himself, I'd certainly start looking alittle more closely and do some serious thinking about the situation. I wouldn't hesitate to make an appointment if needed to be.

Eta: meant to reply with picture of parents. Sorry, not familiar how to reply.

P
This may have been discussed ad nauseum on here and I missed it so I'm sorry if I'm being redundant. I've been considering a theory about juror 17. IF she has a history of abuse and a history of hooking up with felons and "bad boys", it would not be out of the realm of possibility that she was discussing the trial all along with her husband who considered this a great 'cash cow" for them and the strategy was to set her apart from the rest of the jurors being that "lone holdout". Thinking they'd be clamoring for interviews with her and she'd be "out of the pack" of the other jurors therefore more desired rather more de$ired for fame and fortune out of this. I could see someone who is opportunistic looking to capitalize off of this and someone who is used to being the lapdog just following directions like a good doobie. I can see the psychology of this dynamic at work.

I'm just trying to make sense of her behavior in some way and this, combined with what I've read about HIS involvement, sort of makes sense to me. Probably just saying things you've already hashed on here. Either way, she made a firm decision to not deliberate, not consider the facts and draw a wall around herself. Those jurors are traumatized by her...can you imagine how hard their heads hurt after slamming them against her brick wall for allthose hours?

You could be right. Unfortunately,our society has a lot of people that will do anything to make a buck.

Well, she does have a cell phone I assume so nobody can prove she didn't call him from the court house on the way out the door.. Guys, this isn't likely to go anywhere. It makes most of us very upset and angry but that's the way it is.

I don't know if it will or won't go anywhere, but I'm glad they are investigating, and I truly believe given the cost of this trial, and the fact this juror was responsible for hanging the jury...they will do a thorough job. If I were Juror #17, and I had ANYTHING to hide, I'd be worried. I'm guessing she's hired an attorney by now if she's smart.

They'll be looking closely at her computer, social media and cellphone records, among other things I guess. If they find anything, I think the State will go after her, to maintain the integrity of the juror system for all future proceedings.

Yes, especially the one where someone wrote that they believe they saw that Sandy Arias wrote that she had one juror in her pocket.
I think we risk playing telephone here. As far as I know, she said, "All we need is one. We got this!" The first sentence is true in either case, and the second could accurately convey either foreknowledge or simple encouragement.

Based on what I read, Jodie will spend her initial months in 23 hour lockdown which could last anywhere from 2 - 6 months. After that she will be assigned phase 1, 2 or 3. I have not being able to find out much about the phases, except that phases 3 inmates are allowed unlimited phone calls per day. Does anyone have info about these phases and how they are assigned?
That's changed and much more relaxed now. Here's my earlier post on the new rules, along with a chart that explains phases and privileges for each:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Arias-Retrial-Day-43&p=11548720#post11548720

eta: this info is taken from an order by the Director dated IIRC May 2014. The website info doesn't include these changes yet, IIRC, but the link is on ^ post.

These two I really question. Knowing their daughter seemed "off" based on police video, why didn't they seek help for her when she was younger? I recall the Dad saying she has always been strange since she was 13 yrs old or something to that effect. My son just turned 13 and if he starts acting out in unhealthly ways or starts deviating from being himself, I'd certainly start looking alittle more closely and do some serious thinking about the situation. I wouldn't hesitate to make an appointment if needed to be.
I've thought of that,too. But as a former teacher for 33 years,I have found that many parents are in denial or think it's a phase when their child exhibits questionable behavior.

If Jodi Arias, in her perfect world (which will never happen) ever got a new trial, I wonder what NEW creative trial strategy she'd come up with. Let's see we've covered she wasn't there, the Ninjas did it, self defense, blame the victim, what's left? His roommate did it? Aliens? Santa Claus? Someone else who climbed in thru the doggie door?

I think she'll blame Napolean. She'll say that TA abused the dog and eventually the dog had enough and attacked. And Jodi, being the angel she is, took the fall for the dog. (inserts snark)

This may have been discussed ad nauseum on here and I missed it so I'm sorry if I'm being redundant. I've been considering a theory about juror 17. IF she has a history of abuse and a history of hooking up with felons and "bad boys", it would not be out of the realm of possibility that she was discussing the trial all along with her husband who considered this a great 'cash cow" for them and the strategy was to set her apart from the rest of the jurors being that "lone holdout". Thinking they'd be clamoring for interviews with her and she'd be "out of the pack" of the other jurors therefore more desired rather more de$ired for fame and fortune out of this. I could see someone who is opportunistic looking to capitalize off of this and someone who is used to being the lapdog just following directions like a good doobie. I can see the psychology of this dynamic at work.

I'm just trying to make sense of her behavior in some way and this, combined with what I've read about HIS involvement, sort of makes sense to me. Probably just saying things you've already hashed on here. Either way, she made a firm decision to not deliberate, not consider the facts and draw a wall around herself. Those jurors are traumatized by her...can you imagine how hard their heads hurt after slamming them against her brick wall for allthose hours?

I tend to agree with those thoughts...but she really never ever thought that the other jurors would have that presser and get specific about her behavior. If you recall the last one I am not sure we really found out exactly who were the 4 for life...that agreed not to say other votes only their own and not all of them talked. what happened here is very unusual and tells me some really extraordinary stuff went on in that deliberation room

Bit of comic relief:

[video=youtube;LFcunNV3DHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcunNV3DHk[/video]
Bwahahaha, I'm dying with laughter! I love the rant parodies and this one is awesome. Of course it will be Fegelein's fault that the jury hung.

Good, that is all I want, JA to just ... disappear. Her new BFF, Angela, will be a real treat for JA to attempt to manipulate.

I still don't understand holding JA to testify in the civil case. She could be transported from Perryville just as well as Estrella. This Collins woman, former cellmate of JA, is the one that claimed JA was going to put a hit out on JM.

Where did the information come from that she will stay in Estrella until she testifies in a civil case? Is that from a reliable source?

I can't see a reason for that happening unless the civil case is scheduled already and the date is coming up soon. If not, she should be sentenced, transported to do her time, and could come back if and when the civil case goes forth. Because really...if Collins is (for whatever reason) unable to participate in a legal proceeding the case could be adjourned time and again, for many many months to come.

Wonder how Sheriff Joe feels about this.

Not really. She could have talked to him on the phone from the courthouse immediately after JSS released them from the admonition.

The other jurors had said that she had refused to deliberate, as early as the day after they got the case she was already telling them to send the form to JSS that they were hung.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/02/25/jodi-arias-sentencing-retrial-jury-starts-deliberations/24004665/

"Closing arguments ended at midday Wednesday, after which the judge whittled the jury to 12 and sent them to deliberate a sentence."

Thursday, February 26, 2015:
Remember all this, before 10am?

"Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner
#JuanMartinez and Nurmi on phone for two more questions #jodiarias #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Judge Stephens just called up Nurmi on the speaker phone. They are waiting for #jodiarias to come in. They have jury questions

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ
Juan, Nurmi and WIllmott are on the phone....Jodi is coming in #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
The jury wanted a certain set of instructions. We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision
#JodiArias jury drama! Deliberating juror wants to switch with alternate? Nurmi on the way. Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
No way will judge allow jurors to switch but that has to mean those jurors have talked I would imagine. #2 must really want on #jodiarias

The jury also wanted a certain set of written instructions...#jodiarias #3tvarias

Sounds like a deliberating juror wants to switch with an alternate. Nurmi is on his way #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
I'm hearing that a sitting juror wants to switch with alternate juror #2. CRAZY! #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#jodiarias asked to speak to Nurmi in person

There may have been juror questions we are trying to find out #jodiarias #3tvarias
"

Tuesday, March 3, 2015:
Then again more questions to which JSS gives the altered version of the "impasse":

"Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ
Judge says this question will take time to address #jodiarias #3tvarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner
Judge adjourned current case until another date because this jury matter will take longer than lunch #JodiArias #abc15

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq
Family rushing upstairs in #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper
We are all in the courtroom now. Waiting to hear a juror question. #JodiArias

Juror question #jodiarias #3tvarias

Judge says there is a question from jury that needs to be addressed immediately #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

#JodiArias attorney, Jennifer Willmott and Maria De La Rosa both in court. Still not clear why yet #abc15 #TravisAlexander
"

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/03/03/jodi-arias-jury-to-keep-deliberating/24330735/

"Shortly before noon Tuesday, the jury foreperson sent two written questions to Judge Sherry Stephens, who briefly consulted with the prosecutor and the defense attorneys in the case. Then, an hour later, she called the jury into the courtroom, and without revealing the questions, read them an "impasse instruction," and asked the jurors to go back to the jury room and deliberate more."

Thursday, March 5, 2015.(just snippets from that morning, it took forever and was iirc at least 30-45 minutes late, read all tweets from bottom up)

"Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer
#jodiarias waives pre-sentencing report.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10
Judge will hand out life with or release in April for #JodiArias

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Judge Sherry Stephens set a sentencing date for April 13th at 8:30 am #jodiarias

BREAKING: #JodiArias gets life for 2008 murder. Hung jury.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer
Stephens reads a note that they remained hung last night. This morning Stephens said she got a note that it is unchanged. HUNG JURY

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2
#JodiArias does not look fearful or upset.

#JodiArias' defense was the most vile display of "win at all costs" victim-bashing I've ever seen in the whole of my career. Will it work?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Apparently local channels are reporting a 20 min delay (10 mins ago) We, here in the CR get no info. #TravisAlexander

2 sidebars and parties retreat to rooms outside court in #jodiarias

We have a sidebar....Willmott just handed judge a piece of paper #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Stephens calls atty's to sidebar (Surprise) and hands a paper to Willmott. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10
Judge Sherry Stephens is squeezing in a few items from her morning calendar before the #jodiarias verdict is read.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
This has to mean they knew last night. Jurors are still filing in this morning. #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts
BREAKING: #JodiArias jury has reached a verdict. To be read at 930am az time. #12news
"

The other jurors had said that she had refused to deliberate, as early as the day after they got the case she was already telling them to send the form to JSS that they were hung.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/02/25/jodi-arias-sentencing-retrial-jury-starts-deliberations/24004665/

"Closing arguments ended at midday Wednesday, after which the judge whittled the jury to 12 and sent them to deliberate a sentence."

Thursday, February 26, 2015:
Remember all this, before 10am?

"Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner
#JuanMartinez and Nurmi on phone for two more questions #jodiarias #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Judge Stephens just called up Nurmi on the speaker phone. They are waiting for #jodiarias to come in. They have jury questions

Juan, Nurmi and WIllmott are on the phone....Jodi is coming in #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
The jury wanted a certain set of instructions. We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

#JodiArias jury drama! Deliberating juror wants to switch with alternate? Nurmi on the way. Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
No way will judge allow jurors to switch but that has to mean those jurors have talked I would imagine. #2 must really want on #jodiarias

The jury also wanted a certain set of written instructions...#jodiarias #3tvarias

Sounds like a deliberating juror wants to switch with an alternate. Nurmi is on his way #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
I'm hearing that a sitting juror wants to switch with alternate juror #2. CRAZY! #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#jodiarias asked to speak to Nurmi in person

There may have been juror questions we are trying to find out #jodiarias #3tvarias
"

Tuesday, March 3, 2015:
Then again more questions to which JSS gives the altered version of the "impasse":

"Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ
Judge says this question will take time to address #jodiarias #3tvarias

Judge adjourned current case until another date because this jury matter will take longer than lunch #JodiArias #abc15

Family rushing upstairs in #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper
We are all in the courtroom now. Waiting to hear a juror question. #JodiArias

Juror question #jodiarias #3tvarias

Judge says there is a question from jury that needs to be addressed immediately #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

#JodiArias attorney, Jennifer Willmott and Maria De La Rosa both in court. Still not clear why yet #abc15 #TravisAlexander
"

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/03/03/jodi-arias-jury-to-keep-deliberating/24330735/

"Shortly before noon Tuesday, the jury foreperson sent two written questions to Judge Sherry Stephens, who briefly consulted with the prosecutor and the defense attorneys in the case. Then, an hour later, she called the jury into the courtroom, and without revealing the questions, read them an "impasse instruction," and asked the jurors to go back to the jury room and deliberate more."

Thursday, March 5, 2015.(just snippets from that morning, it took forever and was iirc at least 30-45 minutes late, read all tweets from bottom up)

"Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer
#jodiarias waives pre-sentencing report.

Judge will hand out life with or release in April for #JodiArias

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Judge Sherry Stephens set a sentencing date for April 13th at 8:30 am #jodiarias

BREAKING: #JodiArias gets life for 2008 murder. Hung jury.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer
Stephens reads a note that they remained hung last night. This morning Stephens said she got a note that it is unchanged. HUNG JURY

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2
#JodiArias does not look fearful or upset.

#JodiArias' defense was the most vile display of "win at all costs" victim-bashing I've ever seen in the whole of my career. Will it work?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Apparently local channels are reporting a 20 min delay (10 mins ago) We, here in the CR get no info. #TravisAlexander

2 sidebars and parties retreat to rooms outside court in #jodiarias

We have a sidebar....Willmott just handed judge a piece of paper #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Stephens calls atty's to sidebar (Surprise) and hands a paper to Willmott. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10
Judge Sherry Stephens is squeezing in a few items from her morning calendar before the #jodiarias verdict is read.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
This has to mean they knew last night. Jurors are still filing in this morning. #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts
BREAKING: #JodiArias jury has reached a verdict. To be read at 930am az time. #12news
"

I know she was stonewalling, but the issue in the message you quoted was whether she talked to her husband while the admonition was in effect. I don't see the connection.
BTW, thanks for the post, that must have been a nightmare to put together. I don't think I would even attempt it.

I don't know if it will or won't go anywhere, but I'm glad they are investigating, and I truly believe given the cost of this trial, and the fact this juror was responsible for hanging the jury...they will do a thorough job. If I were Juror #17, and I had ANYTHING to hide, I'd be worried. I'm guessing she's hired an attorney by now if she's smart.

They'll be looking closely at her computer, social media and cellphone records, among other things I guess. If they find anything, I think the State will go after her, to maintain the integrity of the juror system for all future proceedings.

I think first they have to find concrete proof that she did not deliberate rather than just have a very unpopular opinion...I think that is very very difficult. As far as the lies in voir dire...first again must prove that and again I don't think that is as easy as many think. They have to tread carefully and I am not so sure they can go very far in depth with phone email etc. records without having issues of privacy etc. I mean how far can they go based on the fact she was accepted as a juror? I am just not sure about all of this...I actually think the law may be on her side. I mean this could have ramifications for any juror who may be a holdout in any case.

What day was it that tweets were saying MDLR came in and was talking to SA, and JW was hugging SA? I imagine most of the complaining about "no cameras in courtroom" had alot to do with the nefarious things MDLR was caught passing last time. :thinking:

I think first they have to find concrete proof that she did not deliberate rather than just have a very unpopular opinion...I think that is very very difficult. As far as the lies in voir dire...first again must prove that and again I don't think that is as easy as many think. They have to tread carefully and I am not so sure they can go very far in depth with phone email etc. records without having issues of privacy etc. I mean how far can they go based on the fact she was accepted as a juror? I am just not sure about all of this...I actually think the law may be on her side. I mean this could have ramifications for any juror who may be a holdout in any case.
Exactly, the fact they accepted her means they have some culpability too. Because of that, I think it will be hard to reverse.

Exactly, the fact they accepted her means they have some culpability too. Because of that, I think it will be hard to reverse.

I agree. I'd like to ask, regarding being a psychopath. If the psychopath's brain is wired differently just how do they learn to join in society and learn to be healthy, if something is so seriously missing in them?

So Casandra is suing Jodi? This is funny. I cant stop laughing. Who is supposed to pay out? ARIZONA?

Oh frick. If this chick wins against Arias, would she have first dibs over anything JA receives for "art" or donations to her fund over the Alexanders? That would just be salt on the wound.

Oh frick. If this chick wins against Arias, would she have first dibs over anything JA receives for "art" or donations to her fund over the Alexanders? That would just be salt on the wound.

What did Arias do to her?

Brace yourselves

https://mobile.twitter.com/JodiAnnArias/tweets

"They dragged Travis thru his own blood" -Sam Alexander on #JodiArias defense. WRONG. His OWN fam did. They wanted both trials--not defense.

Let us not forget #JodiArias attys tried 2 settle 5 yrs & $3 mil ago. TA's family, Juan, Montgomery, even Rick Romley, all said "NO."

"People see others how they themselves are. That's why to Juan, everyone's a liar--because HE's a liar."--Jennifer Willmott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member