Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we find out what the judge and the attorneys talked to her about after the lunch break on 10-24-14. Court ended early that day, everyone was dismissed and #17 was asked to stay behind.

It is my understanding that #17 was to be on Dr Drew that evening, however after speaking to her it was determined that it was 17 from the initial trial and not this 2nd jury.

All I can tell you is a certain local reporter thought this should have been plead out as a 2nd degree murder. He expressed thinking TA was a "" and that he believed a 2nd degree conviction would come in which would allow him to walk up to Juan Martinez and tell him to "shove it up his *advertiser censored**". I had the opportunity to relate that information to Mr. Martinez who replied "I'm still waiting". lol

But does that sound non biased? This is why I referred to the defense as having a "media arm". Because they did.

Great reply from Juan, btw, did you see his press conference post 'verdict', starts at 21:00. Class, pure class!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqbCqkbbwg

Here is the link to my Open Letter to the Arias Jurors (the mod here said it was ok to link):

http://twoinnocents.com/2015/03/07/open-letter-to-the-jodi-arias-jurors-second-panel/

It's gotten LOTS of reads--over 10,000 including those I intended it for. :)

You already know how much I appreciated your letter. It got me over a rough spot, I know. I am happy to know it has reached and touched so many.... and the ones you hoped would see it. Thanks again, ((((KCL)))).

All I can tell you is a certain local reporter thought this should have been plead out as a 2nd degree murder. He expressed thinking TA was a "" and that he believed a 2nd degree conviction would come in which would allow him to walk up to Juan Martinez and tell him to "shove it up his *advertiser censored**". I had the opportunity to relate that information to Mr. Martinez who replied "I'm still waiting". lol

But does that sound non biased? This is why I referred to the defense as having a "media arm". Because they did.

jeeeeeez..... I thought reporters weren't supposed to give opinions? Isn't the whole point of being a reporter to report facts as they happen?

That's amateur hour stuff, but I guess paired with the mitigator lady - yup.

It is my understanding that #17 was to be on Dr Drew that evening, however after speaking to her it was determined that it was 17 from the initial trial and not this 2nd jury.

Yes, could have been that. IIRC the Dr. Drew Tweet being the reason she was asked to stay was speculation. We don't know. Everything was secret with this trial.

I don't know if it will or won't go anywhere, but I'm glad they are investigating, and I truly believe given the cost of this trial, and the fact this juror was responsible for hanging the jury...they will do a thorough job. If I were Juror #17, and I had ANYTHING to hide, I'd be worried. I'm guessing she's hired an attorney by now if she's smart.

They'll be looking closely at her computer, social media and cellphone records, among other things I guess. If they find anything, I think the State will go after her, to maintain the integrity of the juror system for all future proceedings.

From your mouth to Gods ears. I hope if the accusations are all true that something does come of any investigation they do.

Brace yourselves

https://mobile.twitter.com/JodiAnnArias/tweets

"They dragged Travis thru his own blood" -Sam Alexander on #JodiArias defense. WRONG. His OWN fam did. They wanted both trials--not defense.

Let us not forget #JodiArias attys tried 2 settle 5 yrs & $3 mil ago. TA's family, Juan, Montgomery, even Rick Romley, all said "NO."

"People see others how they themselves are. That's why to Juan, everyone's a liar--because HE's a liar."--Jennifer Willmott

I think the way Jodi responds to others about emotional issues is how a person can get easily snagged into her sick mind. It certainly makes my stomach knot up and I won't go any further. I really hope the Alexander family stays far from her, her tweets and other horrible ways Jodi is trying to do to get them into that dark space.

Exactly, the fact they accepted her means they have some culpability too. Because of that, I think it will be hard to reverse.

Not that I want a reversal by any means. However it does seem that the PT and DT don't really have a chance to do any deep investigation, not unless the judge "lets" them, or if by some chance the lawyers or their teams recognize the juror(something I doubt JM would since it was her ex husband from 15? years ago that he prosecuted, MDLR otoh, if she's in the same social circle as the current husband...). I suppose that's why KN made the social media request, to either verify that it was unlikely that JM would find out about any stealth jurors or was hoping to ferret out any against himself.

http://www.azcourts.gov/juryduty/JuryServiceWhattoExpect.aspx#Privacy
Privacy/Confidentiality of Jurors
Both prospective and impaneled jurors have the right to privacy and confidentiality.

If your Social Security Number is requested, it will only be used for the purpose of paying the juror fee and mileage to which you are entitled. It is disclosed only to the Finance Department in the county in which you served to issue a check or warrant to you.

Your home or mailing address is known only to the court. Only the judge can order the release of jurors' addresses, usually to the lawyers in the case, and only for a good, legal reason. This very rarely happens. At the conclusion of the trial, should you be contacted by the lawyers in a case in which you sat as a juror, remember that you are not obligated to divulge any information concerning the deliberations, the verdict, or your opinions about anything concerning the case unless ordered to do so by the court.

Occasionally television reporters will ask the judge for permission to film courtroom activities. If the judge approves, the reporters are instructed to be unobtrusive and to not film jurors. You will not appear on television.

Reporters may interview the lawyers or parties in a case, and once the trial is over may request to interview the jurors. It is your decision whether or not to consent to an interview. You are not obligated to divulge any information concerning the deliberations, the verdict, or your opinions about anything concerning the case.

I get that people are passionate about this case and thought JA should get the DP. But I don't understand the speculation and hate towards Juror 17. I haven't seen all the negative things being said backed up in MSM. jmo

I did listen to the audio interview of the jurors. I realize some have said this juror refused to deliberate but I also heard "this juror led the way and wanted to focus on the journals". When the interviewer asked if they thought this juror violated their oath the answer was uhnooooo. They also said the juror had her mind made up from the beginning and if I recall the 11 had their minds made up from the beginning or by the second day.

jeeeeeez..... I thought reporters weren't supposed to give opinions? Isn't the whole point of being a reporter to report facts as they happen?

That's amateur hour stuff, but I guess paired with the mitigator lady - yup.
Their stories are supposed to be unbiased, not necessarily themselves. Working for a newspaper doesn't automatically give one character.

I have a question, does anyone know if the juror's, since being dismissed, have gone back and read and or watched all the things they weren't told or seen?

I don't think it will make any impact on #17. If there was a "plan" may she and her current husband be discovered and found out. May every dollar they make on Travis's death bring bitterness and regret. Katie is correct in her letter to the jury - she is forever tied to Jodi Arais , she will never get past the questions of why. If she has a male child, I hope she never has person like Jodi attach herself to him. I hope you never have to go through the pain the Alexanders have been through.

And Jodi? Gacy, Dalhmer and Bundy are waiting with open arms for you in hell.

Not that I want a reversal by any means. However it does seem that the PT and DT don't really have a chance to do any deep investigation, not unless the judge "lets" them, or if by some chance the lawyers or their teams recognize the juror(something I doubt JM would since it was her ex husband from 15? years ago that he prosecuted, MDLR otoh, if she's in the same social circle as the current husband...). I suppose that's why KN made the social media request, to either verify that it was unlikely that JM would find out about any stealth jurors or was hoping to ferret out any against himself.

http://www.azcourts.gov/juryduty/JuryServiceWhattoExpect.aspx#Privacy
Privacy/Confidentiality of Jurors
Both prospective and impaneled jurors have the right to privacy and confidentiality.

If your Social Security Number is requested, it will only be used for the purpose of paying the juror fee and mileage to which you are entitled. It is disclosed only to the Finance Department in the county in which you served to issue a check or warrant to you.

Your home or mailing address is known only to the court. Only the judge can order the release of jurors' addresses, usually to the lawyers in the case, and only for a good, legal reason. This very rarely happens. At the conclusion of the trial, should you be contacted by the lawyers in a case in which you sat as a juror, remember that you are not obligated to divulge any information concerning the deliberations, the verdict, or your opinions about anything concerning the case unless ordered to do so by the court.

Occasionally television reporters will ask the judge for permission to film courtroom activities. If the judge approves, the reporters are instructed to be unobtrusive and to not film jurors. You will not appear on television.

Reporters may interview the lawyers or parties in a case, and once the trial is over may request to interview the jurors. It is your decision whether or not to consent to an interview. You are not obligated to divulge any information concerning the deliberations, the verdict, or your opinions about anything concerning the case.

This sort of confirms my thoughts that the state cannot just delve into the past of juror 17 without some serious probable cause indicating she purposely deceived the court. In fact I thought about her circumstances now as we move into a new week...this woman has children and a job to go to...and just like the rest of the jurors she clearly lost money the past months serving on this jury etc. I'm not sure how she is going to go to work and get her kids to school with media around. There are really two sides to this situation and I too wish they had been of one voice but they were not and nothing is really going to change.

Brace yourselves

"They dragged Travis thru his own blood" -Sam Alexander on #JodiArias defense. WRONG. His OWN fam did. They wanted both trials--not defense.

Let us not forget #JodiArias attys tried 2 settle 5 yrs & $3 mil ago. TA's family, Juan, Montgomery, even Rick Romley, all said "NO."

"People see others how they themselves are. That's why to Juan, everyone's a liar--because HE's a liar."--Jennifer Willmott[/
QUOTE]

I think the way Jodi responds to others about emotional issues is how a person can get easily snagged into her sick mind. It certainly makes my stomach knot up and I won't go any further. I really hope the Alexander family stays far from her, her tweets and other horrible ways Jodi is trying to do to get them into that dark space.

The best thing the Alexanders can do is turn off their computers.

I have a question, does anyone know if the juror's, since being dismissed, have gone back and read and or watched all the things they weren't told or seen?

I don't think it will make any impact on #17. If there was a "plan" may she and her current husband be discovered and found out. May every dollar they make on Travis's death bring bitterness and regret. Katie is correct in her letter to the jury - she is forever tied to Jodi Arais , she will never get past the questions of why. If she has a male child, I hope she never has person like Jodi attach herself to him. I hope you never have to go through the pain the Alexanders have been through.

And Jodi? Gacy, Dalhmer and Bundy are waiting with open arms for you in hell.
I don't think they would want to dive back into that slime. If you listen to the press interview with all of them except the one, they got an amazingly accurate picture of both Jodi and Travis already, and if the one holdout didn't get it from the same information, I don't think she'll get it from any more.

This pretty much tells the story of all the sordid details re gaming the jury. It also mentions the civil suit by Cassandra Collins, a former cellie of JA. The **** evidently involves Nurmi as well. What do you all think about maybe JA orchestrated this whole civil suit? JA could have bought off Cassandra to file the suit a) so JA could stay out of Perryville for the forseeable future and b) to get back at Nurmi whom she can't stand?

Brace yourselves

"People see others how they themselves are. That's why to Juan, everyone's a liar--because HE's a liar."--Jennifer Willmott

So did Wilmott actually say this? I think I would be surprised but then again, I probably shouldn't.

I was wondering the same. most legal talking heads insist that despite what happens in a courtroom, most DAs and defense lawyers have the utmost respect for each other. Athough I have near zero respect for Wilma, I wouldn't put it past those psychos to twist one of her quotes.

Some of the other tweets on there are truly despicable!

I get that people are passionate about this case and thought JA should get the DP. But I don't understand the speculation and hate towards Juror 17. I haven't seen all the negative things being said backed up in MSM. jmo

I did listen to the audio interview of the jurors. I realize some have said this juror refused to deliberate but I also heard "this juror led the way and wanted to focus on the journals". When the interviewer asked if they thought this juror violated their oath the answer was uhnooooo. They also said the juror had her mind made up from the beginning and if I recall the 11 had their minds made up from the beginning or by the second day.

My guess is when she used the JA movie as part of her reasoning, that's when the other jurors really became concerned. Let's turn the tables and imagine if 11 had voted for death b/c they had seen the movie and thought she was a monster b/c of it AND refused to discuss the evidence. That would be ridiculous. Juror #17 should have referred to the evidence, not a TV biopic (one that she shouldn't have watched, then served as juror with an "open" mind).

That said, as I stated before, I think it'll better for the Alexander family in the long run to not have to face her in appeals so they can heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove