Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the interview at 10:00 PM AZ time? If so, that's 1:00 AM EDT. I wasn't going to watch it anyway, and I'd never stay up 'til 1:00 for the pleasure.

LOL, "How to Be a Gracious Guest in Someone Else's Home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc3jpSdJcpM

One of the more luuuurveley factoids in this video is that Jodi will be required to pay for her prison stay, and not just restitution to the Alexanders. Any money she has to her name will be diverted, including book sales, (and presumably art work), paycheck....

While we're on the subject of this video, I looked up the handbook that the presenter cites. It is here: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/700/0704.pdf

I
Ok... just watched a LITTLE of the secret testimony. I had to stop as it literally was making me queasy.
The killer absolutely relished every second of that lie-fest. She'd be on the stand spewing venom and lazy lies
forever if she could. Her self-aggrandizing behavior is so astonishingly repellant. The fact that a truly inept attorney
is giggling her way through the questioning adds another layer of revulsion to this low moment in American justice.
#disgusted #shameful

I read a transcript. I couldn't stand to actually listen.

I just read that the reported meltdown is a hoax. Go figure.

So, in other words, a taped interview stretched out to 2 nights to exploit whatever local outrage there is about 17 and/the verdict.

Given the complete indifference outside SM for the retrial, and the empty courtyard and stairs outside the courthouse after the non verdict, I think (and hope) channel 12 is overestimating the advertising revenues they'll earn from the interview.

I guess Dr. Phil was too busy with Nick Gordon?

Ok... just watched a LITTLE of the secret testimony. I had to stop as it literally was making me queasy.
The killer absolutely relished every second of that lie-fest. She'd be on the stand spewing venom and lazy lies
forever if she could. Her self-aggrandizing behavior is so astonishingly repellant. The fact that a truly inept attorney
is giggling her way through the questioning adds another layer of revulsion to this low moment in American justice.
#disgusted #shameful

I feel your disgust.

I tried to watch it but only got through about 10 minutes and clicked it off.

To me she is undoubtedly one of the most boring people to listen to that I have ever witnessed.

Her lies aren't even interesting. I was so bored within 10 minutes that I was already zoning out. I don't know how the jury got through two days of it either.

So I am going to skip her secret testimony altogether.

BBM: I've been away from WS since the day of the mistrial because, you know . . . Can anyone fill me in on these video chats of JA? When did these happen? To whom was she talking? Did she let slip anything??

Thanks in advance!

So in Estrella they allow video visitations and Jodi was getting a lot of them. Last weekend she was on the chat for 9 hours with fans from all over the world. However there were people using fake logins and IDs to have these chat sessions with her and taking pictures of her with their phone and posting them online. There were two 15 year old girls who were caught talkig to her and she went about instructing them on how to get fake IDs so they could keep talking to her. She was also heard instructing people how to donate money to her in a way that would keep it from the Alexanders. She was also getting other inmates to help her in setting up calls too.

When all of this was discovered 10 people were placed on a banned list. But now she is no longer allowed video or in person visitation except for from legal counsel. She is also no longer allowed a commissary. She was spending $100 a week on candy and food so she didn't have to eat her jail slop. No more.

I

I read a transcript. I couldn't stand to actually listen.

You're smart ! She is in full schoolmarm costume while she recounts her tired lies from 2013. I quit watching when she gleefully got to some sex talk (lies) .
COULD. NOT. TAKE. IT.
She is so repellent and evil.

BBM: I've been away from WS since the day of the mistrial because, you know . . . Can anyone fill me in on these video chats of JA? When did these happen? To whom was she talking? Did she let slip anything??

Thanks in advance!
Apparently Arias had been spending a lot of her time at Estrella in video chats. 9 hours last Saturday alone was the report. Some of the people she was chatting with included two 15 year-olds as well as a convicted felon and others using fake ID's to bypass the authorization system for video chats. Sheriff Arpiao found out about this illegal use of the system and first banned ten of her most prolific chatters, but later banned Arias from all video chats, commissary privileges, visitors, and phone calls for the next 42 days, which would cover the rest of her stay at Estrella.

The latest rumor is that Arias had a fit requiring her to be restrained as a result, which hasn't been fully confirmed as of yet.

So in Estrella they allow video visitations and Jodi was getting a lot of them. Last weekend she was on the chat for 9 hours with fans from all over the world. However there were people using fake logins and IDs to have these chat sessions with her and taking pictures of her with their phone and posting them online. There were two 15 year old girls who were caught talkig to her and she went about instruction them on how to get fake IDs so they could keep talking to her. She was also heard obstructing people how to donate money to in a way that would keep it from the Alexanders. She was also getting other inmates to help her in setting up calls too.

When all of this was discovered 10 people were placed on a banned list. Now she is no longer allowed video or in person visitation except for from legal counsel. She is also no longer allowed a commissary. She was spending $100 a week on candy and food so she didn't have to eat her jail slop. No more.

Thanks, MeeBee. All I can think is "jeez," but can't say I'm surprised. She really is a piece of work: manipulative, arrogant, and downright stoooopid.

I wasn't going to post due to the copy and pasting of some of our members to Twitter accounts.
I've changed my mind because I don't want to feel fear and I have nothing to hide.
I think that most of us can agree that something(s) have/has happened in the 2nd penalty phase of the premeditated murder of Travis.
Something dark, dank, dirty, illegal, unprofessional, dishonest etc...involving the tippy top of the list of people that have been intimately involved with this trial.

For now, I am going to post about the 2nd penalty phase, because I am easily confused.
(I do, however; enjoy the information shared about the guilt phase and 1st penalty phase of this trial.)

My question is this: what I can do about it?
I know it is against TOS to put links to petitions' and whatnot and I completely understand why.
I am stunned about the (non)verdict. I am stunned about the information that has come to light regarding juror 17.
I am not unhappy with the verdict, but I am very alarmed about the vote, the holdout juror, as I've stated the information that has come out about the holdout juror.
Is there nothing I can do?
If I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that something illegal has occurred, is it not my duty to act?
I feel as though I must do something, but I don't even know where to start.

please pardon spelling, grammar and my poorly written post, I am not good at conveying what is in my mind into words.

Apparently Arias had been spending a lot of her time at Estrella in video chats. 9 hours last Saturday alone was the report. Some of the people she was chatting with included two 15 year-olds as well as a convicted felon and others using fake ID's to bypass the authorization system for video chats. Sheriff Arpiao found out about this illegal use of the system and first banned ten of her most prolific chatters, but later banned Arias from all video chats, commissary privileges, visitors, and phone calls for the next 42 days, which would cover the rest of her stay at Estrella.

The latest rumor is that Arias had a fit requiring her to be restrained as a result, which hasn't been fully confirmed as of yet.

Good!!!! And thanks for the reply. I guess she still hasn't figured out that whole "remorse" thing.

I wasn't going to post due to the copy and pasting of some of our members to Twitter accounts.
I've changed my mind because I don't want to feel fear and I have nothing to hide.
I think that most of us can agree that something(s) have/has happened in the 2nd penalty phase of the premeditated murder of Travis.
Something dark, dank, dirty, illegal, unprofessional, dishonest etc...involving the tippy top of the list of people that have been intimately involved with this trial.

For now, I am going to post about the 2nd penalty phase, because I am easily confused.
(I do, however; enjoy the information shared about the guilt phase and 1st penalty phase of this trial.)

My question is this: what I can do about it?
I know it is against TOS to put links to petitions' and whatnot and I completely understand why.
I am stunned about the (non)verdict. I am stunned about the information that has come to light regarding juror 17.
I am not unhappy with the verdict, but I am very alarmed about the vote, the holdout juror, as I've stated the information that has come out about the holdout juror.
Is there nothing I can do?
If I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that something illegal has occurred, is it not my duty to act?
I feel as though I must do something, but I don't even know where to start.

please pardon spelling, grammar and my poorly written post, I am not good at conveying what is in my mind into words.

You did very well explaining your questions and statements.

I don't think anyone here can advise you on what you need to do.

I can only say, if it was me, and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that something illegal has occurred, I would immediately contact the State Attorney General's Office or perhaps the Governor.

I think you should do what you know in your heart is the right thing to do.

Good luck with your decision.

I feel your disgust.

I tried to watch it but only got through about 10 minutes and clicked it off.

To me she is undoubtedly one of the most boring people to listen to that I have ever witnessed.

Her lies aren't even interesting. I was so bored within 10 minutes that I was already zoning out. I don't know how the jury got through two days of it either.

So I am going to skip her secret testimony altogether.

Her way of speaking is so bizarre. guess I had blocked the memory of how truly freaky it was in trial part one. I think those 18 days gave me a little PTSD! :gaah:
It is so NOT NORMAL the way the she is so *(&^@#& chatty and matter-of-fact. She talks about people that she surely BARELY knew as if they were her dear friends. She glommed onto Travis so hard and took on his life as her own the minute she set her sights on him. SO DANG WEIRD.
Look, I KNOW this is old news, but seeing a FEW MINUTES of it in one of the secret testimony videos has given me a full-blown FLASHBACK! :scared:
NO ONE normal could watch her on the stand and not see that she is one scary, sick gal.
I need a long bath to scrub away the ickness of her demeanor, the filth of he lies and the taint of her evilness... :laughing:

Apparently Arias had been spending a lot of her time at Estrella in video chats. 9 hours last Saturday alone was the report.

Which is totally understandable, I can imagine that 7 days at Estrella w/o video chatting would make one weak!!! Hahaha! :hilarious:

Could be. She's counting on having her money to buy favors in Perryville

The video from the ex-corrections agent says any money Jodi has will be diverted to pay for her "rent" in prison. This includes salary, accounts, income from art..... There is also restitution for the Alexanders.

Maybe Jodi just found out that her schemes to hide money will not do anything of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela