Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were plenty of jurors that voiced they did not want to serve on this jury and some were excused. For this juror, she had more chances than all of them when she was called into the special meeting with JSS and the attorneys and she made no attempt to say she wanted off the jury.

That alone tells me she wanted to desparately stay on the jury.
And I dont believe it was just because she wanted to fulfill her civic duty at that point.

Juan was trying to get her removed and she did everything in her power to get to stay.

Same exact thing happened when the Foreman and the jury voiced their concerns about her. She turns around and does everything in her power to stay.

Something was up with her and that is my opinion and Im sticking to it. :)
BBM - When Juan said he saw J17 crying during voir dire, they were probably tears of joy that she had made it that far in the selection process. :gaah:

What amazes me is how far some people were/are willing to go for her and other like her. The entire DT engaged in slimy disgusting tactics that in the end will only service to hurt their careers(she didn't get off so unlike Baez, I don't expect this trial to help KN and JW) several people were willing to break the law for her risking their own freedom and careers, ie MDLR. Matt was willing to commit purjury for her!! Someone posted those juror names and links on that website knowing the ramifications would not fall upon Jodi. It is one thing to support someone like Jodi, which I do not understand, but it takes it to a new level when you are willing to risk your own livelihood or freedom for her. That just blows my mind!!

I don't "get" it either, but sadly, cult mentality is nothing new. The overwhelming majority of people think what cult leaders spout is nonsense and most likely used for personal gain, but there are still the few people who are attracted to them and in turn dutifully follow and act out whatever is asked of them. Why? Desperate for a sense of belonging maybe. Who knows, but I'm assuming there is a void they're trying to fill. And a scary, dark void at that.

BBM - That's assuming she wasn't just a stealth juror with an anti-DP agenda.

Yes it does assume that. I have no reason to assume she was a stealth juror with an anti-DP agenda simply because she didn't vote for death in this case. I do have reason to believe there were waving red flags that JM saw and for that reason wanted J17 dismissed for cause. I'm not willing to invent reasons for why she voted the way she did.

With all due respect Daisy, I think it is fair to consider the possibility it is a pro bono case, and I would even go so far as to consider the possibility that this juror's "cause" has been taken up by special interest groups or anti-DP advocates.

Here is a juror who essentially saved the life of someone from the DP whose integrity and honesty have been called into question. She refused to do the presser with the original 11 jurors and now has 2 attorneys, these attorneys choose a specific station (with a possible agenda driven bias in their reporting) to do an interview, the interviewer covers politics not trials and hasn't covered the Arias case, and finally the interview so far reveals that this woman is being given a platform to "state her case", there have been no hard hitting questions, and there has been zero mentioned about the victim in this case nor the trial itself. JMHO but so far the interview appears to be a blame fest in which the public, the system and her fellow 11 jurors have wronged her.

There is definite theme so far, and while I will wait for the entire interview to play out, it looks as if this is not a journalistic interview but instead is an agenda driven piece.

Mindmatters, thank you! You explained it so well.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered:

1. Did either the ex-husband or current husband have any DV charges against them?

2. Does the local Sheriff's Dept. have a website that shows arrests and charges?

You would think... anyway, still going through the paperwork but in this one, dated 2002,
she was not only in court but spoke in her first hb's defense.
By then the prosecutor was no long JM, though it certainly seems she would have been familiar enough with the court by that time that she would have known who JM was by then.:moo: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112002/m0820563.pdf

I also found it interesting that it states 'A record of the proceeding is made by CD/videotape in lieu of a court reporter.'

Good Morning everyone! I haven't posted since the end of the this retrial. I thought I would just give you some of my opinions.
-Juror #17 amounts to nothing. Nothing there. She is only what we make her. She will not make any money from me listening to her.
-Nothing is going to change the outcome of the trial.
-I live in AZ and all I can do right now is let Juan represent my opinions.
-I am slowly, one by one, informing everyone I know about JSS closing the courtroom, which I believe is her most egregious offense. Taking away our first amendment right is unconscionable. I will also send out e-mails to remind them in the 2016 election. I will keep you all alerted at that time also if you want me to. We are lacking in death penalty qualified Judges in AZ so I don't know how much good this will do.
-JA was making Sheriff Joe look bad so he gave her the SJ treatment. (I do love that)
-I am also thinking of what name I should use for her besides JA. Maybe just CM (convicted murderer). I am sure on these threads you will all know who I am speaking of. (I wish I knew her Perryville number. She really is no more than a number So, if I find out what it is, that will be her new name for me to call her.
-I have enjoyed you all so much. I will continue to read your wonderful posts. Just remember try not to let this stuff get to you too much. Believe me I know, I am still not over CA. That is a mistake I will never make again.
Have a great day!

It's so interesting to me that Betty Broderick has been mentioned several times on this thread. One of the scariest things I ever heard was at the end of one of her documentaries when she spoke of her ex-husband and his new wife when she said, "They said I was crazy, but I'm still alive." That statement coupled with the look in her eyes scared me and heightened my awareness as to the fact that some people are evil just because they are evil. :eek:

Anyway, sorry for being OT, but I have searched the WS site, and I can't find anything about the Betty Broderick trial. Is there anything?

I don't "get" it either, but sadly, cult mentality is nothing new. The overwhelming majority of people think what cult leaders spout is nonsense and most likely used for personal gain, but there are still the few people who are attracted to them and in turn dutifully follow and act out whatever is asked of them. Why? Desperate for a sense of belonging maybe. Who knows, but I'm assuming there is a void they're trying to fill. And a scary, dark void at that.

I find it quite fascinating that most, if not all, of Arias' active supporters appear to have criminal records - not for murder, but for fraud, arson, DUI's, etc. Why would they be spending their time on her unless it's for the attachment to $$$?

Good Morning everyone! I haven't posted since the end of the this retrial. I thought I would just give you some of my opinions.
-Juror #17 amounts to nothing. Nothing there. She will not make any money from me listening to her.
-I am slowly, one by one, informing everyone I know about JSS closing the courtroom, which I believe is her most egregious offense. Taking away our first amendment right is unconscionable. I will also send out e-mails to remind them in the 2016 election. I will keep you all alerted at that time also if you want me to. We are lacking in death penalty qualified Judges in AZ so I don't know how much good this will do.
-JA was making Sheriff Joe look bad so he gave her the SJ treatment. (I do love that)
-I am also thinking of what name I should use for her besides JA. Maybe just CM (convicted murderer). I am sure on these threads you will all know who I am speaking of. (I wish I knew her Perryville number. She really is no more than a number So, if I find out what it is, that will be her new name for me to call her.
-I have enjoyed you all so much. I will continue to read your wonderful posts. Just remember try not to let this stuff get to you too much. Believe me I know, I am still not over CA. That is a mistake I will never make again.
Have a great day!

Morning Charterhouse, enjoyed this post. So glad to see that an Arizonian has taken up the cause to bring awareness to the secrecy and Constitutional affronts that were allowed and commonly practiced in this trial, you have my utmost respect and if you need any help let me know.

As to what to call her, I have chosen to only refer to her as Travis' murderer, it is my way of taking a stand to never let people forget who and what this trial was really about.

No, her attorney contacted Brahm Resnik to set up the interview. This reporter doesn't normally cover the crime and trials beat, his focus is politics. J17's attorney knows Resnik from some earlier story, and reached out to Resnik to set up the J17 interview. This information was part of the voiceover intro in the lead story on Channel 12's news at 10pm last night.

I find all of these behind the scenes shenanigans questionable to be generous. Someone of her stature has the funds and wherewithall to hire a politically media savvy attorney? Since this was also linked with azcentral who DOES have a beat reporter who covered this trial daily, why not use him? And since the last time there was an azcentral/Ch 12 tv spinterview that I recall (Daryl Brewer), Michael Kiefer set up that entire thing then sat in the shadows firing questions to Brewer but not identifying himself--either during the spinterview or in the print version of it.

It's all politics to me and fishy.

And I'm catching up but I think this Stealth Juror was her own worst enemy last night. Still trying to figure out what she was/is attempting to accomplish. I'm still banking on a $$$ angle these felons were aiming for. (not gonna happen)

-Juror #17 amounts to nothing. Nothing there. She is only what we make her. She will not make any money from me listening to her.
Have a great day!

Hi Charterhouse :seeya:

Please keep me in your loop...I'm writing quite a bit about this publicly and gathering a little steam.

My big issues are the way the victim was allowed to be trashed to High Heaven in the name of "saving" this murderer (on our taxpayer dime). And now this stealth business. I'd love to see her get a consequence that, in this case, sends a message. And yes I'm interested in the closing the courtroom thing as well...why the secrecy? Anyway, I need to let this go as well which i will do as soon as this murderer is sentenced and the key thrown away which is coming very very soon....in the meantime I'm shouting for change.

Which, by the way I think the other case that JM prosecuted that she said she saw on a crime show was about Wendi Adriano... I googled to see what case it was, and I think that's it... Snapped did an episode on her June 2011 and so did Identification Discovery Sept 2011. And who knows if she saw the show on the original air date, or if it was a repeat.

But it definitely looks like she's into crime shows, and news shows that focus on these types of crimes!!

Isn't that convenient? The one and only other female DP case Juan Martinez successfully prosecuted (isn't it?). This woman is almost a caricature she's so obvious.

IMO Juror #17 is milking this. Why would anyone in their right mind keep this going? I could see a statement being released per her Lawyer/s. Then go on about your life. Oh No she has to drag this out over several days of Interviews and at this point all I have heard is it's all about "Me"

Exactly! This juror needs to keep silent. Nobody needs to hear her try to explain herself. I listened to a little bit of the 1st and 2nd "excerpts" of her interview. I threw in the towel during the second excerpt because it's all a bunch of hogwash.

She mentions how she answered the juror questions on the form with even more info than they asked for. Why?!? Why would a person feel a need to do that and then be certain to tell us all after the fact that she did that?

In my opinion, she is full of it. I don't trust a word she says. She hung this jury, and she went in with the intention of hanging it. She'll never convince me that she didn't have her own agenda. She just really needs to stop talking. It's over. She accomplished her goal. Now, she must live with it. MOO

Please keep me in your loop...I'm writing quite a bit about this publicly and gathering a little steam.

My big issues are the way the victim was allowed to be trashed to High Heaven in the name of "saving" this murderer (on our taxpayer dime). And now this stealth business. I'd love to see her get a consequence that, in this case, sends a message. And yes I'm interested in the closing the courtroom thing as well...why the secrecy? Anyway, I need to let this go as well which i will do as soon as this murderer is sentenced and the key thrown away which is coming very very soon....in the meantime I'm shouting for change.

Katie, great to hear this. As a former Arizonian, anything I can do to help please let me know; especially regarding any legislation surrounding trashing the victim and the potential creation of Travis' Law, and the Unconstitutional secrecy of the trial.

IMO Juror #17 is milking this. Why would anyone in their right mind keep this going? I could see a statement being released per her Lawyer/s. Then go on about your life.
Oh No she has to drag this out over several days of Interviews and at this point all I have heard is it's all about "Me"

:seeya: Yep ... just like Jodi :gaah: ... another :dramaqueen:

:moo:

Respectfully BBM
This has been my biggest issue with this case from day one in court. Unsubstantiated lies about the victim being repeated over and over for months on end. That is not a defense, that should never be allowed in a trail. Something has to change!! My father-in-law always jokes that it is called the criminal justice system because the only ones finding justice are the criminals. I used to laugh and call him cynical. Then there was the last 3 trials I followed 2 child murders(Anthony and here locally Joseph Mitchell) got acquitted and Jodi managed to continually kill Travis for 7 years. Now I think he was on to something. Something has to change with the system! We have to protect the victims rights too!!

N

The treats could be imagined. I remember JSS asking the D team and felon about producing the thousands of threats, but the D team and felon backed off and said well not so many. It was in a video released in this last trial...not so long ago. So IMOO, the juror may be trying the same tactic. They say something about 'threats' but cannot produce the evidence to support their claims. JMOO

This is what #17 said in her interview.. So how did the judge know this before any of them had even left after the verdict and just who had been followed home since none of them had obviously(or she couldn't have told them), left the courthouse yet?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...s-jodi-arias-juror-interview-part-1/24829299/

""After the verdict was announced," she said, "the judge ... told us the media already had our information. That some of us had been followed home.""

Which, by the way I think the other case that JM prosecuted that she said she saw on a crime show was about Wendi Adriano... I googled to see what case it was, and I think that's it... Snapped did an episode on her June 2011 and so did Identification Discovery Sept 2011. And who knows if she saw the show on the original air date, or if it was a repeat.

But it definitely looks like she's into crime shows, and news shows that focus on these types of crimes!!

That episode did replay after the first part of JA's trial. I watched it then. If I'm not mistaken a story about JA and Juan being the prosecutor, played right before or right after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13