Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told early on that when a defense witness behaves badly.....it's Juans' fault.

If he doesn't say anything, Sherrys hands are tied. Really :facepalm:

:seeya: Agree ... the defense team and court's BIAS against Juan stood out like a sore thumb !

:gaah:

I respectfully disagree.

Every Judge is suppose to have control over their courtroom and she is the only Judge I have ever seen that let it be a Jerry Springer free for all right inside of the courtroom. There was no excuse for it. If she had done her job she would have immediately told any witness that was acting disrespectful to any of the parties she was not going to allow that kind of behavior in her courtroom. It is her duty to control her courtroom... including witnesses and attorneys.
IMO

Respectfully Snipped:

RBBM: "Jerry Springer free for all" is a great description :hilarious:

BUT ... on a serious note, you are absolutely correct: There was no excuse for it !

And I totally agree with your :goodpost: :goodpost:

BTW ~

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

happy-st-patricks-day-929-tinker.gif

I don't understand how anyone can opine they know what someone else is thinking, feeling, intending, wanting, wishing, dreaming or any of the other things imagined, without being told by the subject.

Are you talking about Dr. F. and Geffner?

The world does not revolve around Jodi Arias and I bet there are people in the state of Hawaii who have no idea who she is and that probably includes people in the Boys & Girls Club. One teacher doing something stupid does not mean the entire world is near broken.

My comment was in response to, not only the teacher doing something stupid, but the director who was given an opportunity to make a statement to the press. That has nothing whatsoever to do with hiring or firing policies. The director could have chosen to condemn the act of filling these children's minds with garbage. That did not happen. It was merely the uploading, nothing more.

These people are influencing kids.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

I can't get over how so many people see Jodi's life as having been spared. Sure, she didn't get DP but she's going to Perryville where she will stay until she dies. For me, that does not qualify as a life spared.

The state has been spared the task of housing her on death row in addition to the enormous cost of all the shenanigans from DR that she would pull or others would pull from the outside on her behalf. There will still be that but I believe it will be diminished significantly from what would have occurred with the killer on death row.

I really do not see Killer Arias as having been "spared" anything.

All JMO.

Here's the Tweet from Cathy about the former Cougarlicious:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 18m18 minutes ago

MDLR has deleted her twitter account......again. #jodiarias

:thinking: I wonder IF she has a new account, because there is no way MDLR cannot keep her pie hole shut for long !

:gaah:
JMO-BBM-Agree. But if she has to hire an attorney soon, they may tell her to shut it permanently.

I'd still like to know what two of her biggest supporters were so happy about on Feb 23rd, which also happens to be the day two jurors were dismissed just before the lottery. My gut tells me that there is more to J17 and her connection to this case.

MOO
K- I tried reading the posts and comments on the killers' support site for the 23rd to see what I could gather. I had to stop mid way through. They're completely unhinged over there.

I agree Oceanblueeyes. I got frustrated with JSS and then after listening to others who said give her a break I tried to give her one. With more and more information coming out that seems shady its hard to give her a break and wait to see how she hands down this sentencing. I thought for sure with how the public sees her as a judge in such a bad light she will definitely give JA LWOP b/c she would not want to mess up being reelected. Im done giving her the benefit of doubt I do not want to set myself up for sadness if she gives JA a slap on the hand.

My comment was in response to, not only the teacher doing something stupid, but the director who was given an opportunity to make a statement to the press. That has nothing whatsoever to do with hiring or firing policies. The director could have chosen to condemn the act of filling these children's minds with garbage. That did not happen. It was merely the uploading, nothing more.

These people are influencing kids.

Correct. The director only publicly addressed the issue that caused the teacher's firing -- the uploading of material to social media in violation of their policy. To address the content of the video or any opinions around that would be inviting trouble and it's not up to the public to determine the Boys & Girls club policies. As Olivia Pope would say, "it's handled!"

Here's the most recent Tweet from Kiefer, whose silence on JA's case has been deafening:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 20h 20 hours ago

AZ Supreme Court to decide Tuesday whether to consider
Bill Montgomery's appeal of Debra Milke's tossed murder charge.

FYI: The last Tweet on MK's twitter page is March 12.

I don't understand how anyone can opine they know what someone else is thinking, feeling, intending, wanting, wishing, dreaming or any of the other things imagined, without being told by the subject.

I personally put information together and form an opinion:

1. post-jury interview states J17 had an "agenda".
2. hubby said on camera J17 "felt assaulted" during deliberations
3. J17 seemed very excited to be on the JA case even before she was selected
4. she appears wishy washy on watching the Lifetime movie, the and knowing who Juan was
5. she does not come as the brightest color in the crayola box (I base this on her interviews)

So, I take all these, and came to the conclusion that she had no intention of giving the DP, she just wanted to be on this high profile case.

Are you talking about Dr. F. and Geffner?

Nope. But I guess I would apply that statement to anyone who is not a proven psychic with mindreading abilities -or- has directly been in contact with any subject they are professing to know their inner thoughts and intentions.

BBM- Shady, that is a very difficult thing to determine with any amount of confidence given the limited information and all the lies that have been told but I will give it a try.

From the limited information out there, in conjuction with the writings and behavioral observations of Travis' murderer, she is in fact a BPD. However, what was not allowed in but was indicated on MMPI subscales (as well as her observable behaviors/actions and the collateral reporting of others) is that she also had Narcisssistic traits. To say someone has "traits" of PD is very significant in the field, and honestly I'm not sure why a "Rule Out" of NPD wasn't included in her diagnostic evaluation. To diagnositically denote/document a Rule Out is the Clinician's way of saying that they see indications and are fairly convinced that this condition does exist, however the criteria was not fully met at the time of the evaluation.

In any event, it appears, based on what has been revealed, she has psychopathy, and a central feature of this condition is a complete disregard or concern for rights or feelings of others, as well as a profound lack of empathy in the pursuit of fulfilling their needs/wants/desires. They make their own rules. They feel entitled and important. Basically getting what they want at any cost. So the need for control in those with psychopathy is a means to an end.

In normal adult individuals who have a need to control, it is usually (but not always) a result of having little to no control in threatening or unhealthy environment--and the underlying issues of said environment go unresolved/not addressed. The one thing that could be considered as a possibility regarding Travis' murderer, is that given her promiscuity and use of sex as a means for control and manipulation, could indicate sexual abuse in childhood. Now, understand that I am in no way saying this is true, what I am saying is that any Clinician worth their salt would work to determine if there was.

And finally, as the to "nature vs. nurture" issue, it is my stance that nature and nurture enjoy an interdependent relationship in which each influences the other, but to what degree is debatable. For example, there have been numerous cases where a sibling group of 5 were exposed to substance abusing, violent parents and 3 of the children are emotionally damaged and highly dysfunctional, yet 2 of them grow up to be happy, successful, and well functioning adults.

Thank-you for taking the time to write this. I even think her rage is just another way to control people when nothing else will work.

JMO-BBM-Agree. But if she has to hire an attorney soon, they may tell her to shut it permanently.

Perhaps she already hired an attorney and he/she advised her to get rid of all social media accounts.

Nope. But I guess I would apply that statement to anyone who is not a proven psychic with mindreading abilities -or- has directly been in contact with any subject they are professing to know their inner thoughts and intentions.

Madeleine74, I know you are very fact based, but I don't think there is anything wrong with forming an opinion. It keeps us engaged.

I agree Oceanblueeyes. I got frustrated with JSS and then after listening to others who said give her a break I tried to give her one. With more and more information coming out that seems shady its hard to give her a break and wait to see how she hands down this sentencing. I thought for sure with how the public sees her as a judge in such a bad light she will definitely give JA LWOP b/c she would not want to mess up being reelected. Im done giving her the benefit of doubt I do not want to set myself up for sadness if she gives JA a slap on the hand.

:seeya:

BBM: I agree ... JMO but I do NOT trust JSS to give JA the appropriate sentence, which is LWOP ...

But we will see because ALL EYES are on JSS right now.

JSS better do the right thing ... but I still do NOT trust her.

:moo:

I can't get over how so many people see Jodi's life as having been spared. Sure, she didn't get DP but she's going to Perryville where she will stay until she dies. For me, that does not qualify as a life spared.

I think the state has been spared the task of housing her on death row in addition to the enormous cost of all the shenanigans from DR that she would pull or others would pull from the outside on her behalf. There will still be that but I believe it will be diminished significantly from what would have occurred with the killer on death row.

I really do not see Killer Arias as having been "spared" anything.

All JMO.

I totally agree. Perryville won't "kill her life", but it will certainly kill her spirit, her soul and her desire to live. Her body will just get older.

I have been lurking here with you through both trials...but just had to send a message to this person also..this teacher should not be around children. I have never posted before so if this is not done correctly please forgive me.lol

Madeleine74, I know you are very fact based, but I don't think there is anything wrong with forming an opinion. It keeps us engaged.

Yes it is entertaining. I missed out on the psychic gene so I don't know what the players in this case are thinking or feeling other than something they report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member