Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For DP cases in jury selection I do think there needs to be 1 final step. Have each member of the potential jury pool meet with a professional that can really be sure they understand what they may be asked to do if the jury is leaning towards signing a DP form.

I think this last step would eliminate quite a few people that didnt think it through all the way to the very end. Its hard for normal folks to grasp what they may end up having to decide on and sign their name to.
I think having a last step like that would help to be sure the jury panel could fulfill their duties if the jury decides on a DP.

I think too many people think they can do it and at the very end they begin to struggle with it. Having a last step like this may help.

Also a unamimous verdict like 9-3 or more rather than total majority would go a long ways in helping the process. That alone would be a nice change to make and simple to make that change.
I think it's a mistake to try to solve the problem by delving deeper and deeper into human psychology and making the psychological sieve finer and finer in an effort to select only the 'right kind' of people for a jury. The problem with it is that the further its taken, the more it becomes obviously biased, and easily challenged. The only way you can seek to neutralize random psychological limitations is by introducing more random psychological elements to balance them out, in a true random, unbiased manner. This means allowing a majority verdict rather than a unanimous one. I don't see any other way to do it and remain unbiased.

Oh wow! I didn't know that. Yes, she is a bit late at deleting her account.:D

Her Facebook is still up with all the questionable supporters she's friended on there. :dunno:

:seeya: I am not certain IF this is allowed ... but I know Christine's Examiner articles are allowed here:

Juan Martinez's Tie @juanstie · 40m 40 minutes ago

BOOM!��

I just got the ok to break the BIG story!

@bychristinebswk and I are putting together an article right now. It will be out TODAY!

:D Hopefully, we'll learn this Bombshell soon !

God, wonder what is going on? I saw this on Juan's Support site. Thanks Franquerolane.

Im gonna take a guess at the new big news.

Im thinking along the lines of maybe charges being filed for either
-trial tampering
-jury tampering
-witness tampering
-juror invitation tampering

Just a guess its something along these lines.

Well, I sure didn't say that, and I don't think anyone else did either. If there is disrespectful or unprofessional behavior going on, JSS can address it without the need for an objection. Now sometimes I think JM preferred to have the behavior continue, to make the witness in question look bad, but JSS had the power to thwart that strategy if she wanted to do so.

Ok....I will search for the statement. Not sure I can find it. Don't know who said it.....but, it was definitely explained that if Juan didn't object, Sherry couldn't say anything. BBL

Yes it is entertaining. I missed out on the psychic gene so I don't know what the players in this case are thinking or feeling other than something they report.

I don't think people have to be psychic to use their common sense and come to a conclusion. It's that whole walks like a duck thing. We might as well shut this board down if we shouldn't be discussing theories and opinions on all of the hoopla of this crazy case because it's pretty hard to get all of the exact facts of this case when everything is so secret.

-trial tampering
-jury tampering
-witness tampering

:D I hope -- and it should be -- ALL of the above !

:thinking: Oh, and hoping they are looking at JSS and her courtroom assistant :gaah: !

:thinking: Oh, there is so much -- y'all know 'em all ... lol !

:seeya:

-trial tampering
-jury tampering
-witness tampering

I dunno, Hat, I'm a little sceptical when it comes to the on-line bloggers' discoveries. Not that they aren't true, but they usually involve the unearthing of something nasty within the Arias camp, rather than info from DA's office, etc. KWIM?

Still, anxiously awaiting - anything that helps show Arias for what she is, and to see the downfall of her really foul-mouthed supporters at the two worst sites.

Correct. The director only publicly addressed the issue that caused the teacher's firing -- the uploading of material to social media in violation of their policy. To address the content of the video or any opinions around that would be inviting trouble and it's not up to the public to determine the Boys & Girls club policies. As Olivia Pope would say, "it's handled!"

Why do you suppose he mentioned having prior knowledge of the project at all then? He certainly could have just issued a presser saying she had been fired and been done with it.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 5m5 minutes ago
Well it's not only St. Patty's Day but there may just be a pot of gold at the end my #JodiArias tweet from last week #FollowTheMoney...

Wow. Looks like we have another narcissist. This is J17's comment regarding hearing Tanisha say that real justice will be when JA burns in hell:

"I don't blame her reaction," Juror 17 said. "I don't blame her pain. If anything, I was a little relieved that her comment wasn't towards a holdout juror."

Oh and how nice of you not to blame the victim's family.

Source:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-arias-juror-17-spared-killers-life/24885399/

Nothing about the Alexander family should be spewed from J17s mouth! What a %*@#%!!

So is the big news the manifesto?

I dunno, Hat, I'm a little sceptical when it comes to the on-line bloggers' discoveries. Not that they aren't true, but they usually involve the unearthing of something nasty within the Arias camp, rather than info from DA's office, etc. KWIM?

Still, anxiously awaiting - anything that helps show Arias for what she is, and to see the downfall of her really foul-mouthed supporters at the two worst sites.

JMO-- Something about the info we are waiting for today seems very significant to me. Guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic