Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have too. That's why I was so surprised at the hoops we had to jump through to open this account. We basically just wanted this account because our son was doing a lot of purchasing for us and we wanted to be able to transfer money to it online if he found something we wanted to buy.

We have several accounts at that bank so I just didn't understand.

Oh, I think I misunderstood you! I thought you were trying to open an account at one of those non-physical banks. :/
Some banks are much easier than others for doing the online action. My bank was and is super easy. But, the bank my mother chose for her business was a nightmare for online stuff. We never did get it done and I'm pretty good with online stuff! It was like jumping through hoops first to get it set up she's in one county I'm in another (I do her books) and then it was a another nightmare every single freaking time I went to log in. They give you a keychain code generator that you have to use every single time, then go to the site, input user name, the code, choose a picture, NAME the picture, blah blah blah.

Freaking nightmare. We switched banks it was ridiculous. I appreciate the need to be secure, but even we couldn't do anything via online.

But, like I said earlier, my bank is easy peasy and I do everything online. I don't drive and I'm delighted to have the online option. I wire to other accounts, transfer between my own, everything except make deposits. I can make deposits by taking a pic of the check with phone if I wanted, seems convenient, but I'd have to PAY $10/mo for that option. Screw it.

It's not only possible, those banks that are online only and have no brick and mortar locations exist. I am not that trusting to use one of those banks although one I was reading about had very good reputable ratings on a financial site and at the time, it was listed as paying the highest interest for regular savings accounts.

I think they'll have a hard time being accepted mainstream, but they do exist. It wouldn't be possible ja to open one, but certainly her family members and friends could and then just add her name onto them. Who knows what they've done - hopefully, we'll be finding out soon. :D

Looking forward to hard proof!

Remember, it did tell Troy Hayden that it had "substantial" funds and no way is $4100 considered substantial when you're talking about legal bills. I believe she has a LOT of money donated to her there are so many rabid fans or hangers on. (aka clingons)

I think these are all probably PayPal accounts, don't you? It would be the easiest way for them to accept payments/donations... It's an account and also payment gateway/payment processor..

And I don't even know if you still have to have a regular bank account to open a PayPal account, I think you can use a credit card... I opened one for a friend who has cancer so we could have an online fund raiser for her... after I opened it, I told her to log in and add her bank info, but I don't know if she ever did. They were even able to use the money in the account to directly make payment to their daughters college. I think you only have to add bank info if you want to be able to transfer the funds into your regular bank account.

(I guess I should go double check... Please don't hold it against me if I don't have all the facts straight ;0)

Oh, I think I misunderstood you! I thought you were trying to open an account at one of those non-physical banks. :/
Some banks are much easier than others for doing the online action. My bank was and is super easy. But, the bank my mother chose for her business was a nightmare for online stuff. We never did get it done and I'm pretty good with online stuff! It was like jumping through hoops first to get it set up she's in one county I'm in another (I do her books) and then it was a another nightmare every single freaking time I went to log in. They give you a keychain code generator that you have to use every single time, then go to the site, input user name, the code, choose a picture, NAME the picture, blah blah blah.

Freaking nightmare. We switched banks it was ridiculous. I appreciate the need to be secure, but even we couldn't do anything via online.

But, like I said earlier, my bank is easy peasy and I do everything online. I don't drive and I'm delighted to have the online option. I wire to other accounts, transfer between my own, everything except make deposits. I can make deposits by taking a pic of the check with phone if I wanted, seems convenient, but I'd have to PAY $10/mo for that option. Screw it.

Yeah we do a lot online too but if I understood correctly, the tweeters were saying that JA's accounts were opened online and I wondered how they could do that with all the info they have to verify and signature cards etc.

I guess it can be done, I'm just behind the times LOL.

I think these are all probably PayPal accounts, don't you? It would be the easiest way for them to accept payments/donations... It's an account and also payment gateway/payment processor..

And I don't even know if you still have to have a regular bank account to open a PayPal account, I think you can use a credit card... I opened one for a friend who has cancer so we could have an online fund raiser for her... after I opened it, I told her to log in and add her bank info, but I don't know if she ever did. They were even able to use the money in the account to directly make payment to their daughters college. I think you only have to add bank info if you want to be able to transfer the funds into your regular bank account.

(I guess I should go double check... Please don't hold it against me if I don't have all the facts straight ;0)

What information is required to open a Personal PayPal account?

To open a Personal account, you just need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.

For your protection, you’ll create a password for your new account and choose 2 security questions. If you forget your password, we’ll ask you to answer your security questions to log in to your account.

After you sign up for an account, you can start receiving money right away. You’ll need to add a payment method (like a credit card or bank account) to send money.

This makes a lot of sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that, duh!

I have a paypal acct but I've never collected money from it so I don't know how you collect. I just use it so my CC# isn't all over the net from purchases at different stores.

Lol. She said she "rolls her eyes that Cancun could even be suggested as a motive". She even "looked up jealous in the dictionary to be as accurate as possible" writing about this. Her going was never discussed and it's just simplistic for people to think she would be upset that a guy she broke up with a year ago didn't take her on a trip "of that caliber"

Rrrrright, b/c indigent murderers who drive Infinitys are accustomed to taking much more extravagant holidays to the French Riviera... How could anyone be so silly to forget that?!

The manifesto. Good grief, what a b#$ch. She threw everyone under the bus, especially poor Travis. Reading it, I envisioned JA a cat and Travis a mouse that she was toying with before she ate it. "Killing me from the inside out", as Travis described it.

My other observation was that she said many of the things in this manifesto elsewhere, word for word. All of it has been made up and rehearsed and scripted.

And damn, can she go on and on. We know she embellishes things because she's a lying psychopath, but I think only a paragraph was about the murder and the rest an overzealous attempt to clear up things people believed about her that was driving her crazy. So. Many. Mundane. Details. For someone who has no empathy and has no care for other people, she sure does care a whole lot about what people think of her and her reputation.

Oh and she sure dug herself a hole with this one. With so many dates, names and details, she has to build her entire story around this 36 (?) page "composition". "Composition"? Gag.

I really think that the SJ guy may have been embezzling a lot of it... And think how much he could have scammed off of his CA is innocent site too!! He's a con who makes a living off of the deranged people who support KILLERS!!!

I'm getting dizzy from all the twist and unexpected turns in this BETTER than Hollywood fiasco!!!

If SJ did take off with funds, ROFLLLLLLL That's whatcha get for trying to be sneaky and underhanded about things! One good scam deserves another, eh?

Right but see its the required reporting that the customer would be worried about if that customer did not want those funds to be reported to the IRS lets say. Or to any other place that may red-flag it.

So if there is any truth to the multiple accounts I am pretty sure JA and her minions were trying to keep under the reporting threshold.

Think of it this way. If they knew there was a certain limit where funds would start to be reported to other governmental agencies, then it may be their idea to have mutliple accounts to keep the funds under that reporting threshold.

Iirc, JA was no stranger to having multiple accounts. I'm sure as a waitress she likely didn't want her tips going into the same account as her paychecks, let alone her photography/art business and whatever else she had for her multiple streams of income that she mentioned in her journals.

This makes a lot of sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that, duh!

I have a paypal acct but I've never collected money from it so I don't know how you collect. I just use it so my CC# isn't all over the net from purchases at different stores.

Well, and that may be part of the problem. They opened 14 accounts to subvert the payment/donation threshold, and now that have no clue how to get that money into the actual real brick and mortar account that maybe JA's aunt opened.

The only way to get the money into a bank account is to transfer it directly into a bank account. So, either all 14 of the PayPal/online accounts would have to add the bank account they want to transfer the funds to, OR send a Payment via to another Paypal link to the bank account... But then they would be back to 'square one' b/c that would put that one PayPal account over the threshold.

Did any of that make sense?

If Estrella takes online deposits into inmates account they could be sending some of the funds to JA from each of the accounts. Also, if they are buying the family plane tickets, etc... The could also do that from these accounts...

Iirc, JA was no stranger to having multiple accounts. I'm sure as a waitress she likely didn't want her tips going into the same account as her paychecks, let alone her photography/art business and whatever else she had for her multiple streams of income that she mentioned in her journals.

Please, please. Let's get this straight... "Fogtography/conArt Business"

Here's a fun fact! Fun only as it pertains to ja and friends because it's a nightmare when it happens to you and an ebay account:

PAYPAL IS AWESOME (OR SUCKY) AT FREEZING ACCOUNTS AT THE MEREST WHIFF OF A PROBLEM! You have to jump through hoops to get it unfrozen and access your funds.

There are complaints up the wazoo all over the internet about this.

When I began selling in 1999, I was new at everything. I got myself a paypal then promptly forgot my password. So, I did a silly thing and opened another paypal account with a different credit card. That's a no-no. Big fat problems for me because they automatically assume a scam. It was really frustrating to get it straightened out. They wanted me to fax a copy of my drivers license, a copy of a current utility bill, copy of a credit card bill and my SSN.

Yeah, right. I said forget it and went to another processor for a few years.

Bottom line: if paypal gets some tips of names to look for, they'll happily cross-reference to find out what's going on and if hinkiness is found, FROZEN ASSETS and Law Enforcement. We'll never hear the outcome from paypal, but from other sources, no doubt.

What a relief that we're only talking about online accounts, I can't even begin to imagine this group driving all over town trying to find the best "new account promo", and then having to all agree on which toaster oven is best!!! Can you imagine the war that would erupt over that one??!

I would think that Juror 17 I would be astonished that she would be selected for jury duty due to her ex-husband's and current husband's legal problems. I was called for jury duty years ago when I lived in California and I thought I would be excused because my uncle was a cop. It did not matter, I was seated on the jury anyway.

Here's a fun fact! Fun only as it pertains to ja and friends because it's a nightmare when it happens to you and an ebay account:

PAYPAL IS AWESOME (OR SUCKY) AT FREEZING ACCOUNTS AT THE MEREST WHIFF OF A PROBLEM! You have to jump through hoops to get it unfrozen and access your funds.

There are complaints up the wazoo all over the internet about this.

When I began selling in 1999, I was new at everything. I got myself a paypal then promptly forgot my password. So, I did a silly thing and opened another paypal account with a different credit card. That's a no-no. Big fat problems for me because they automatically assume a scam. It was really frustrating to get it straightened out. They wanted me to fax a copy of my drivers license, a copy of a current utility bill, copy of a credit card bill and my SSN.

Yeah, right. I said forget it and went to another processor for a few years.

Bottom line: if paypal gets some tips of names to look for, they'll happily cross-reference to find out what's going on and if hinkiness is found, FROZEN ASSETS and Law Enforcement. We'll never hear the outcome from paypal, but from other sources, no doubt.

Oh no... That is a nightmare!! ...and back then PayPal was super tough, they didn't mess around b/c they were so new and they didn't want to get in trouble for anything or get a bad reputation...

But you KNOW they won't hesitate one second to "seize accounts" and "open investigations", and "subpoena"!! I'm guessing that might be what the article might be referring to as already happening... But I'm hoping LE are involved to... But I guess PayPal would also get LE involved at some point...

FYI: I am finally catching up on BK site and wanted to share a few key things with you guys. BK reported on 3-14-2015;

RE: MCSO/Sheriff Arpaio
She has confirmed the following information with MCSO spokesperson, Brandon Jones; 1)Sheriff Arpaio is compiling a report on Travis' murderer's 7 years at Estrella Jail, which was nearly complete as reported on in BK's video, 2) This report comprises 2 three ring binders which includes her visitation logs, grievances filed by her, her disciplinary records, money that has been donated to her, and canteen purchases. 3) The Sheriff will release the report the day of or the day after Travis' murderer is sentenced--or at least soon after she "becomes a ward of the State"

RE: Sealed Sidebars (from both trials) and Hearings in Chambers
BK talked to Mike B and he told her he thinks he can start preparing these for release but may not be released until after sentencing but he will be asking the Judge.

RE: Forged/Alleged Pedo Letter
BK has obtained a copy of this handwritten letter dated 1-21 (how freaking convenient is that date?), she is conflicted about whether or not to she will be posting out of respect for Travis, and fear of others exploiting Travis through this forged letter.

FYI: I am finally catching up on BK site and wanted to share a few key things with you guys. BK reported on 3-14-2015;

RE: MCSO/Sheriff Arpaio
She has confirmed the following information with MCSO spokesperson, Brandon Jones; 1)Sheriff Arpaio is compiling a report on Travis' murderer's 7 years at Estrella Jail, which was nearly complete as reported on in BK's video, 2) This report comprises 2 three ring binders which includes her visitation logs, grievances filed by her, her disciplinary records, money that has been donated to her, and canteen purchases. 3) The Sheriff will release the report the day of or the day after Travis' murderer is sentenced--or at least soon after she "becomes a ward of the State"

RE: Sealed Sidebars (from both trials) and Hearings in Chambers
BK talked to Mike B and he told her he thinks he can start preparing these for release but may not be released until after sentencing but he will be asking the Judge.

RE: Forged/Alleged Pedo Letter
BK has obtained a copy of this handwritten letter dated 1-21 (how freaking convenient), she is conflicted about whether or not to she will be posting for fear of exploitation of Travis.

Can't wait to see that report!! Guaranteed to provide us hours of fun on here, I'm sure!!!

I still have reservations about which Maria might be on bank accounts for it. Ja's first lawyer was named Maria, one of her supporters is Maria Rigadopolous (Anna Scott) and of course "our own" MDLR.

Very unusual. So convoluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member