Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. The Boys and Girls Club of Hawaii, Jill Delos Santos who made the video - has a friend Sue Allen Halterman.

Big problems for the B&C Club. PR nightmare coming.

:liar: :liar:

:gaah: :gaah:

That's not a lie. During the voir dire someone did ask JSS about using the computer and social media. JSS told them they must take all precautions to avoid seeing/reading anything at all about the case or seeing/reading/hearing anyone's comments or opinions or anything about the case. They were not allowed to tell anyone they were on the Arias case. However, she did not specifically tell them they could not use social media, only that they were to avoid anything about the case, which would include things published on social media.

The only time I have ever heard the word 'revenge' used with the death penalty is from those who are anti-death penalty to start with.

Imo, she went in knowing she wasn't going to vote for death.

Nothing will convince me she went into this case with an open and unbiased mind.

Like one of the jurors stated (paraphrasing) In the end it had become more about her stubbornness to not give in to the majority rather than actually looking at the horrific aggravating factors in the case that substantially outweighed the mitigating factors.

Iirc one of them said even when she looked at the autopsy photos they didn't seem to faze her and all the rest commented how they will never be able to get those images out of their mind and its changed their lives forever. They even stated they had suffered from nightmares because of them.

Nothing will be done to her but to me she was a stealth juror from the beginning.

IMO

Sometimes you need to see the evidence and not make assumptions in order to connect the dots. In fact, not just sometimes. You are using her not disclosing the 2008 case to answer my question of "did she recognize JM from ex-husband's prior conviction." What you said does not prove she recognized JM. Again, I'll wait to see some proof.

It's not assumptions, it's called circumstantial evidence.

There is enough circumstantial evidence to prove to me she lied.

If JSS had kicked her off for "not deliberating" and the jury had then reached a death verdict, an appeal would have been successful IMO. Anything later learned about the juror would not have been part of the record so could not have been raised on appeal.

BTW I'm not aware of any evidence that she watched news coverage about the case during trial, wrote an anti-death penalty paper (which would not be cause for dismissal anyway unless she said she would be unable to vote for the death penalty in this case), or posted on pro-Jodi sites. And at this point, we have no evidence that she remembered JM was the prosecutor on her ex's juvenile case.

Here is the problem I have, if she didn't remember JM why not mention BOTH times that her exhusband got in trouble with the law? This is the perfect situation for someone who says they are "careful to be the best at whatever they do", to "be the best and honest you"!

I know the fact that she didn't mention it is not "evidence", but to me it is not truthful and it's wrong.

Even if her only motive for wanting to get on this jury was for gaining "validation and recognition" and not some other more serious conspiracy theory motive, I believe that she should still have consequences for not being 100% truthful.

It is still wrong no matter "what" or how serious her motive was.

About her wanting to walk to the witness stand for her secret testimony........

Why on earth should THE DEFENDANT 'look like any other witness'???? She's the defendant. Martinez has the patience of a saint to have lived through all this crap to get justice for Travis.

ETA: Why not ask if she can sit somewhere other than at the defense table and act like she's a spectator? Ugh.

I have two questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. Will CMJA be wearing prison stripes at her sentancing?

2. Is there a time limit in which she must be sentenced per statute? Can she pull this "mental breakdown" or "migraine" carp to just delay and delay Her sentancing??

Why would a "mental breakdown" prevent a person from getting sentenced? We're not determining guilt or innocence or life/death penalty. JSS has seen plenty enough to make a decision and she has been quite clear that JA has passed up her opportunity for expressing remorse or offering anything mitigating from her own mouth. So, JSS gives her LWOP.... Like, Jodi's going to be able to appeal that, with 11 jurors voting for death? When the appeals court does its quick once over of the whole shebang, they're going to go "Whoah, wait a minute", on the LWOP sentence? Snowball's chance in hell, methinkith....

This, by the way, is my favorite video of Jodi in stripes. Also note, this hearing was open to the public (3 of the first trial jurors were there). Look who's smirking now! Spoiler: it's not JA, KN, JW, MDLR, JSS.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkU_K5eIek

The guards in this video clip seem to have a wonderful sense that they're in center stage. Their collective swagger and "no one's messing with me" demeanor are a thing to behold!

oh brother....that is so condescending.

EyeRoll.gif

A logical, rational, knowledgable and calm voice of reason is so appreciated.

Are you guys watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQDxIiTCIc some crazy teacher was filming her kids supporting JA WTF!!! Troy will put a link to the story after it's aired!! WTF WTF WTF she needs to lose her job!

ETA it's a Boys and Girls club from Hawaii, the teacher was teaching the kids about DV and used Jodi as an example. She videos the kids too, 'we love you Jodi' .. 'we support you' .. etc.
I saw that disgusting video, it is on the JAII site. Kids waving signs and saying I love you Jodi. The teacher, Jill Delus Santos, is on Facebook and supports all four of the pro JA sites. She should be fired. I have already send e-mails to Macy's and Walgreens complaining about their support for the Boys and Girls Club doing something so reprehensive. I tried to make a comment on the Boys and Girls Facebook page in Maui, but they had so many comments they shut off the feature and you can't comment but I have already sent and e-mail to them and will write a letter to the National Headquarters in Washington DC

I appreciate AZL analysis. I am glad she came back to give us information and her opinion. But, I am not a lawyer.

Maybe JSS hands were tied, but I also think #17 lied to get on that jury. My opinion. I don't need smoking gun; there are too loose threads so I trust what the jurors said about her. She came in with an agenda and in spite of taking numerous notes, did not engage with jury till forced to due to fear of being taken off the case. I don't think it was an honest deliberation. You don't tell other jurors that they are being vengeful for voting DP.

Hmm.

"BrahmResnik ‏@brahmresnik
@SandraT66 @12News @william_pitts I asked #Juror17 what punishment she would have wanted if Travis had been her son. Answer at 10 pm"

I watched it. It is appalling. What the hell is wrong with that teacher?

All the Jodi supporters on her site JAII are thanking the teacher and making comments like Oh this is wonderful. It's so cute. And that awful mother of her Sandy, personally thanks the teacher for doing this. This organization gets 70% of their funding from the government. I have already sent a letter to the National Office and sent one to Macy's and Walgreens. They support them too. I no longer have any sympathy for the mother.

ETA2: And FGS she's testifying in the penalty re-trial which means she's already been convicted. Why shouldn't the jurors see her in whatever safety precautions the law requires??? Ugh. I'm out.

How would they know she was able to unless she did, at least to a minimum amount?

According to what the foreman had said, she gave some of her past history and iirc he also said she had a good memory for detail and so was quite helpful with writing stuff down for everyone, though when asked what evidence supported her position she either could not or would not give any. He also related that if he'd known when JSS asked that question that it would lead to a mistrial, he would have given her a grade on how much "better" he felt she was after the talk with JSS and it wasn't an A for effort.

Arias throwing tantrums is to be expected I think. She's running out of options. Whether they call it a "meltdown" or "mental break" or "some mental health issue" or "breakdown" or whatever term they use, she is throwing a fit of some level and some duration. Who knows...maybe she wants to be drugged or maybe she has some other plan in mind. It doesn't matter, really. Some inmates have tantrums and if she pulls those at Perryville she might end up in AgSeg or something. A prison's goal is to control their inmates for the safety of everyone. They will do whatever is needed to control Arias.

JMO--It has always been my contention that Sheriff Joe needed to make sure he got ja through the trial process. Okeydokey, that's basically done. She has absolutely earned what she is getting. He'll make sure she shows up right on time in April. In the meantime, I don't believe she's going to get rewarded for her tantrums. She's experiencing consequences. I'm sure he could care less that she's unhappy.

Why would a "mental breakdown" prevent a person from getting sentenced? We're not determining guilt or innocence or life/death penalty. JSS has seen plenty enough to make a decision and she has been quite clear that JA has passed up her opportunity for expressing remorse or offering anything mitigating from her own mouth. So, JSS gives her LWOP.... Like, Jodi's going to be able to appeal that, with 11 jurors voting for death? When the appeals court does its quick once over of the whole shebang, they're going to go "Whoah, wait a minute", on the LWOP sentence? Snowball's chance in hell, methinkith....

This, by the way, is my favorite video of Jodi in stripes. Also note, this hearing was open to the public (3 of the first trial jurors were there). Look who's smirking now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkU_K5eIek

Doesn't she have to be present in court for her sentencing?

About knowing and remembering JM? What's the circumstantial evidence?

It is more than circumstantial evidence, she openly admitted in her interview yesterday that she recognized Juan from a show she saw about a woman who had stabbed her husband to death in his sleep.

It is more than circumstantial evidence, she openly admitted in her interview yesterday that she recognized Juan from a show she saw about a woman who had stabbed her husband to death in his sleep.

Yes she did. So she recognized him from TV, according to what she said. And at least 30 other people also recognized JM and other court players from TV in her same jury pool voir dire session, but not one of them raised their hands when asked if they knew any of the people introduced. Then it came up that these other people had seen too much in the media and could not disregard that.

But that lack of raising her hand was cited as proof that J17 lied. What about the others who also didn't raise their hands either? Wouldn't the same standard apply to them too? Didn't they also lie by not raising their hands? And this still doesn't provide circumstantial proof that she recognized JM because of the ex-husband's conviction many years before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove