Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just show me. No, don't tell me, just show me. Show me the linebacker pose. No, no, no. Stop talking and just show me. Sssht, no no no, without talking. Show me the pose."

I think it would be great if we posted a list of our most memorable "Juan-liners" I know we did the Juanism's during trial and KCL gave it to Juan.

I'm considering making a run for judge in 2016. I don't know anything about the law and haven't been to law school or anything, but I'm pretty sure I could do as good of a job running the courtroom as what I've seen in the Arias trial.

I have approved this message and appreciate your vote---- Steelman for Superior Court Judge--2016

LOL I live in Canada not AZ so cant vote. Despite visiting AZ frequently. For this Trial I think just a "No you may not approach" and/or "STFU" would suffice. No schooling required for that.

I have a question to ask of anybody who knows more about this legal stuff than I do (which should cover at least 95% of the people in here).

Let's say that on the morning of April 13th, Judge Stephens is having a really bad hair day and Jodi and her defense team are being even more obnoxious and hard to get along with than usual.

We've all heard about the antics going on over at the jail since the non-verdict was announced and even before that. Everyone has discussed it at great lengths.

Here's question 1:

Is it possible for Judge Stephens to add additional stipulations and penalties onto Jodi's life sentence in regards to some of the stunts she has been pulling over the last week and prior ?
( I.E. --- manipulating teenagers, hiding money, fights with inmates, smuggling notes, and mainly causing general disruptions at the jail, etc.)

Second question: Can Judge Stephens order or stipulate to the prison at Perryville any additional penalties or housing requirements revolving around Jodi's never-ending social media campaign ?

Or......Is it just gonna be, "Life in prison--no parole--now get the hell out of here and take your attorneys with you'". ??

It's really up to the prison (executive branch) to deal with prisoner behavior. The judicial branch does not get involved.

Speaking of azl.. AZL i foresee a judicial opening in 2016. Have you considered running? You are so well versed on case law you'd make an excellent judge

I would love to serve in an appellate court, but trial court is too much of a zoo lol.

I'm considering making a run for judge in 2016. I don't know anything about the law and haven't been to law school or anything, but I'm pretty sure I could do as good of a job running the courtroom as what I've seen in the Arias trial.

I have approved this message and appreciate your vote---- Steelman for Superior Court Judge--2016

Hey, run for Justice Court judge--no legal training necessary. :)

But why would law enforcement care about any of that? She's already convicted. I mean I personally would like to know and have wondered if she just pitched it off the grand canyon somewhere, but law enforcement will be done with her case the moment sentencing is imposed. I will venture to bet that either she has not been informed of how appeals work, or she has been informed and believes it just doesn't apply to her and thinks it will go differently for her, but it won't. Buahahahaha!

AZL- Thank you first of all for having the patience of a saint and answering and re-answering all our questions. Surely it must become annoying some days. I wanted to ask you though, in the appeal for JA, I get that the state will pay for the first one, but since the procedure is different for appeals, the state is actually paying for the appeals lawyer and however much it costs to file paperwork, is that correct or is there more? I am not trying to downplay anything, I am just trying to understand. Because IMO, (which isn't much lol) a trial would cost substantially more because of witnesses and court staff etc. right? I guess I just really want to hear an example of how much it might cost, since you mentioned that it could take years to complete the first appeal.

That's pretty much it. There are no witnesses and nothing new can be raised. Most of the appeal time will consist of sitting around and waiting for the court(s) to rule.

ETA: Maybe $50-80,000?

Aw, look. MLDR is back on twitter with a protected account.[h=1]Maria De La RosaProtected Tweets[/h][h=2]@faithwillsave4[/h]Animal lover, advocate for justice, fighter for justice and victim survivor. Strong advocate against the death penalty.
Arizona
Joined December 2012

OMG ... and NOW she is a "victim survivor" ... what a load of :silenced:

:gaah: :gaah: and :gaah:

So listened to bits...ugh of Ms F.

She said that in Jodi's "fu to Bill" [JA's father] she sees in incestual relationships. So I guess that was coming eventually. Ms F said plenty of lies....including saying that Jodi edited Travis' WHOLE book...and saying that Travis deleted something on Jodi's social media...when it was Jodi that posted something on Travis' socialmedia which he deleted. And I only listened to 30 minutes. What a %$$^%. And JSS treated Ms F with kit gloves....why???

The BBM part is what blows my mind! How in the heck can a professional(?) get to conclude that?? I mean really? How can all these def witlesses tell a jury that what they conclude from a sentence that is so far from what it is. I'm sure many families say fu to each other, ok that means incest? C'mon.
The other one is how they overplayed Travis sentence in the sex tape. Sounds like a 12yr girl = a pedo by 'definition? How? No it doesn't.
It's like someone says, "I love animals" & they will say, 'oooh, that means they like sex w/animals'. I mean, I never heard humans making weird conclusions like that. Even children can reason from A to B in a straight line! These people got PAID to be stupid?
Help! I'm not too good with explaining myself as so many of you are but, I hope you see what I'm trying to convey. Thanks.

OMG ... and NOW she is a "victim survivor" ... what a load of :silenced:

:gaah: :gaah: and :gaah:

No surprise, but the cameleon JA took borrowed stole used some of Cha Cha's words for her own twitter.

AZL:

Could you tell me what this is please... "a petition for a writ of certiorari".

The BBM part is what blows my mind! How in the heck can a professional(?) get to conclude that?? I mean really? How can all these def witlesses tell a jury that what they conclude from a sentence that is so far from what it is. I'm sure many families say fu to each other, ok that means incest? C'mon.
The other one is how they overplayed Travis sentence in the sex tape. Sounds like a 12yr girl = a pedo by 'definition? How? No it doesn't.
It's like someone says, "I love animals" & they will say, 'oooh, that means they like sex w/animals'. I mean, I never heard humans making weird conclusions like that. Even children can reason from A to B in a straight line! These people got PAID to be stupid?
Help! I'm not too good with explaining myself as so many of you are but, I hope you see what I'm trying to convey. Thanks.

Bahaha im sitting In the waiting room at kids doctor and read the animal sex line and literally LOLd

I was always under the assumption that she most likely got her finger broken in the struggle with Travis when he was trying to defend himself and she was attempting to stab him to death. Somehow he got hold of her hand and snapped her finger while he was staggering around the bathroom. Is that the leading theory on her broken finger and how she got it ??

I have a similar theory except I think it happened by accident as she was stabbing him. Even if her rage made it easier for her to apply the force necessary to achieve her intended outcome, it would not have lessened the amount of force required or made her less susceptible to injury. She could have damaged a nerve or tendon if she cut that finger. Or she could have actually cracked a bone in that finger, maybe in the process of dragging her victim back to the shower after he had the audacity to try to escape.

Whatever happened to her finger probably happened that day which is, IMO, why she went to such lengths to blame the injury on Travis.

AZL:

When you appeal to a higher court that is not obligated to look at your case, the request for that court to consider your case is often called a "petition for writ of certiorari." A "writ of certiorari" is the higher court's order to the lower court to send up the record for the higher court to review.

When you appeal to a higher court that is not obligated to look at your case, the request for that court to consider your case is often called a "petition for writ of certiorari." A "writ of certiorari" is the higher court's order to the lower court to send up the record for the higher court to review.

Thank you so much. I had tried calling our attorney, but he was in court.

AZL:

Not AZL but...
http://definitions.uslegal.com/w/writ-of-certiorari/
"A writ of certiorari is an order a higher court issues in order to review the decision and proceedings in a lower court and determine whether there were any irregularities. When a court issues a writ or certiorari it is referred to as "granting certiorari", or 'cert.' When the U.S. Supreme Court orders a lower court to transmit records for a case for which it will hear on appeal, it is done through a writ of certiorari. Certiorari is the common method for cases to be heard before the U.S. Supreme Court since it has specific jurisdiction over a very limited range of disputes."

Yeah, that sounding like a 12-year-old girl comment being made out to be proof of pedophilia is just ludicrous. First of all, it's not like he wanted her to sound like that or asked her to sound like that. It's simply that she was using her meek little girl fake-innocent, fake-sweet voice and to me he actually sounded slightly annoyed by it when he said something to the effect, "What's with your voice? You sound like a 12-year-old..."

Likely, TA and JA engaged in phone sex the way many other people do and it's all talk, all designed to live out a fantasy on the phone, all in good fun, and means nothing other than two people doing something they enjoy doing. Problems obviously can come when one decides to brutally murder the other and needs to play the blame game. Just about any adult anywhere could have something they once said used against them. Things people say can very easily be taken out of context. And once that happens, it's open to interpretation, and the power of suggestion comes into play.

No surprise, but the cameleon JA took borrowed stole used some of Cha Cha's words for her own twitter.

Or Cha Cha stole Arias' words. You know, trying to be more like her BFF. Animal lover? I guess she thinks it is okay that her BFF abused animals. :scared:

I have a question to ask of anybody who knows more about this legal stuff than I do (which should cover at least 95% of the people in here).

Let's say that on the morning of April 13th, Judge Stephens is having a really bad hair day and Jodi and her defense team are being even more obnoxious and hard to get along with than usual.

We've all heard about the antics going on over at the jail since the non-verdict was announced and even before that. Everyone has discussed it at great lengths.

Here's question 1:

Is it possible for Judge Stephens to add additional stipulations and penalties onto Jodi's life sentence in regards to some of the stunts she has been pulling over the last week and prior ?
( I.E. --- manipulating teenagers, hiding money, fights with inmates, smuggling notes, and mainly causing general disruptions at the jail, etc.)

Second question: Can Judge Stephens order or stipulate to the prison at Perryville any additional penalties or housing requirements revolving around Jodi's never-ending social media campaign ?

Or......Is it just gonna be, "Life in prison--no parole--now get the hell out of here and take your attorneys with you'". ??

From what I've read, there's an assessment period when an inmate first gets to Perryville. This is when the level of custody is decided, as well as mental health needs, etc. No doubt, all kinds of professional reports (including Sheriff Joe's binders) go into the assessment. I believe all first degree murders would be placed in max, but behavior reports from professionals in the system may call for a customized version of Max? Maybe a delay going into the phased program to earn privileges? Maybe extra extra assessment in intake so Jodi has to stay incommunicado for weeks? Maybe getting housed with Big Bertha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela