Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting, do you have a link for that?

not right off hand....I'm sorry....I read everywhere....it was on a copy of the police report of items that were seized at her parents and grandparents house on the day of her arrest...if that helps at all....I didn't save it....

Very interesting, do you have a link for that?

Beth Karas has copies of LE reports cataloging items seized from the homes of Arias' parents and grandparents. The silencer was found at her parents' home.

Beth Karas has copies of LE reports cataloging items seized from the homes of Arias' parents and grandparents. The silencer was found at her parents' home.

It wasn't on the list of items stolen from the house in May. If she used it chances are LE would not have found it in the house.

Hmmmm.. gunshot first, ya' say.... ?

Almost all pistols manufactured will hold at least six bullets. Automatic pistols hold way more than that.

If the shot came first, then why not another, then another, then another, then another, until he quit moving ? All that blood, stabbing and dragging could have been avoided. That's the way a professional would do it. Jodi isn't a professional.

Gun shot was last, he was so close to death anyway, it only took one shot to finish him off.

The gun jammed which is why she didn't continue using it IIRC.

Gunshot was last, bullet casing on top of blood verified it. She stabbed him, he fought back. He stood in front of the mirror to see what this #!&@%! had just done to him, probably in shock. After a second or two he started staggering towards the bathroom door to try and get away and go for help. She continues to stab, probably jumps on his back and wrestles him to the ground. I suspect as he was laying on the floor is when she slashed his throat. She drags him back into the shower stall and since he is still breathing, moving and mumbling, she delivers the gunshot as the final Coup de Gras.

It took a lot to kill him, and he fought back as best he could, what with the shock and blood loss and all.

I guess Jodi found out that killing a human is a lot more difficult than killing the family pet.

I just don't know about the knife-first theory. I'm not passionate about it because the crime was just as gruesome and heinous either way. But I have trouble envisioning Arias taking a chance stabbing him with the possible physical altercation that might ensue, when a gun was at her disposal (assuming no stun gun for now).

I think her fine with the idea of raging on him with a knife, but ulitimately she was there for one reason, imo. She wanted him dead, and she at least wanted him knowing she was doing it just before it happened. Electing to start with the knife risked her desired outcome with a weapon available that was much more capable for the task, and that she had already staged events around to acquire.

I also have an easier time seeing Travis going to the mirror with the gun used first. If Jodi chose to start by stabbing away, I don't see where she would have stopped until he was incapacitated, especially if he managed to get to his feet and out of the shower stall. At that point I think she would have freaked a bit and the adrenaline would have kicked in even harder to make sure she put him down.

If she elected the gun first, I don't think she had a knife on her person. So if the former happened to jam she had to go get the latter. This allows him to stumble out of the shower, get to the mirror, and down the hallway during the ensuing fight - one in which she would clearly have the upperhand at that point. I then see the near-decapitating throat slash as the final FU.

jmho

Was the silencer for the 9mm or can one silencer fit many types of guns?

I just don't know about the knife-first theory. I'm not passionate about it because the crime was just as gruesome and heinous either way. But I have trouble envisioning Arias taking a chance stabbing him with the possible physical altercation that might ensue, when a gun was at her disposal (assuming no stun gun for now).

I think her fine with the idea of raging on him with a knife, but ulitimately she was there for one reason, imo. She wanted him dead, and she at least wanted him knowing she was doing it just before it happened. Electing to start with the knife risked her desired outcome with a weapon available that was much more capable for the task, and that she had already staged events around to acquire.

I also have an easier time seeing Travis going to the mirror with the gun used first. If Jodi chose to start by stabbing away, I don't see where she would have stopped until he was incapacitated, especially if he managed to get to his feet and out of the shower stall. At that point I think she would have freaked a bit and the adrenaline would have kicked in even harder to make sure she put him down.

If she elected the gun first, I don't think she had a knife on her person. So if the former happened to jam she had to go get the latter. This allows him to stumble out of the shower, get the mirror, and down the hallway during the ensuing fight - one in which she would clearly have the upperhand at that point. I then see the near capitating throat slash as the final FU.

jmho

When I was talking with a person who can communicate with people no longer here IYKWIM, the scenario you just described was what was said happened...

Thanks, for those interested, I grabbed some more screens from the penalty retrial of the shower pics, a few new ones that explain some of the gaps... note what looks like possible stun burns on TA's neck in the one at 5:28:54 where he's sitting in the shower with his eyes closed, does anyone know for sure if he had moles there?

Are these photos linked somewhere online where I can see them larger.. to get a closer look at them?

When I was talking with a person who can communicate with people no longer here IYKWIM, the scenario you just described was what was said happened...

Did anyone from CSI/Bullistics testify that the gun jammed or is that just the word of CMJA? The gun wasn't found, so no one can know that except CMJA. And since she said gun first, it is the opposite, imho. I truly think she wanted to stab him in the heart. Why get him in the shower if you are just going to shoot him in the head? Why not shoot him while he's naked on the bed in the "afterglow"? :puke:

IIRC .... a second 9mm and a silencer was removed from the parents home, I think they were found in a bed.

Because Jodi said so............ ?!?!?

NoYoudidntGif.gif

If this attack had started with a gun, she would have filled Travis full of bullets while he was standing in the shower stall. It would have been clean, easy, and quick. She could've fired bullets out of that pistol as quickly as she could pull the trigger, and continued firing until the clip was empty.

That would have been the humane thing to do. But this is Jodi. Let's do it Azz-backwards and make it hurt a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had to go running into his bedroom and get the pistol out of her suitcase while he was slumped over in the shower, barely clinging to life. He had to be dead, no turning back now.

I think she planned to stab him in the heart (like she did!) and had the gun as back up. If you have a gun and that's your plan, why even think of having a knife, too? I don't believe she thought he'd be able to fight back as much as he did, although he never had the upper hand in the struggle. I think the gunshot was last and the final... "you *advertiser censored*.. look what you made me do!".
I agree with this. And didn't Travis say in one of their heated exchanges "you stabbed me in the back"? Maybe that's when she decided to make it real.

Gunshot was last, bullet casing on top of blood verified it. She stabbed him, he fought back. He stood in front of the mirror to see what this #!&@%! had just done to him, probably in shock. After a second or two he started staggering towards the bathroom door to try and get away and go for help. She continues to stab, probably jumps on his back and wrestles him to the ground. I suspect as he was laying on the floor is when she slashed his throat. She drags him back into the shower stall and since he is still breathing, moving and mumbling, she delivers the gunshot as the final Coup de Gras.

It took a lot to kill him, and he fought back as best he could, what with the shock and blood loss and all.

I guess Jodi found out that killing a human is a lot more difficult than killing the family pet.
She killed the family pet??

J

If she elected the gun first, I don't think she had a knife on her person. So if the former happened to jam she had to go get the latter. This allows him to stumble out of the shower, get to the mirror, and down the hallway during the ensuing fight - one in which she would clearly have the upperhand at that point. I then see the near-decapitating throat slash as the final FU.

jmho

I'm not sure of the order of the injuries, but I agree with the slashing of his throat being a huge FU to Travis. And I find it very disturbing that he was stabbed in the back literally so many times when he told her in that chat they had (transcript mentioned previously on this page) that she stabbed him in the back. I agree with what KCL said that she decided to kill him after that conversation and I think the whole "stabbing him in the back" comment was in her head.

I have always questioned how the deep stab to his chest could have occurred when he was sitting in the shower-

For several reasons- he is sitting with his arms folded up on his knees, which blocks his chest area, JA is left-handed and if she was facing the shower, his right arm and shoulder would be in the way of where her arm is, making a stab to that area even more difficult, and last, I believe the autopsy report said that the stab in the middle of his chest was at a slight upward angle.

Based on all that, I just don't think that particular stab occurred at the beginning of the attack.

kinda recently we learned she had a silencer.....it was on the list of things found at her parents house iirc
I wonder how she managed to get hold of a silencer, aren't they illegal? Its doubtful she could have made one herself, unless she bought some of those whacko books from a place like Paladin Press and read Hitman. I think she bought a couple of books from Paladin Press so she could learn to 'never get caught' because we know by now that CMJA has never had an original thought in her head and always has to copy someone else - whether its art (tracings or copies), quotes, book smarts or fake *advertiser censored* like DB's ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa