Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even know that it was possible for JM to strike J17? I do not recall seeing anything that JM tried to get J17 eliminated or that he voted to keep her.

Maybe someone can tell more but as I saw on the interview day JM wanted her dismissed but not the defense...JSS said lets bring her back for more questions...it was clear she had some strong feelings regarding abuse and had been a victim...they brought her back and she even cried as she spoke about it but JSS overruled JM and they kept her. At final selection it is my understand they each have 10 strikes and then they are down to the correct number. So I am left to assume that JM did not strike her and my idea is he had too many anti dp people he needed to use his 10 strikes on. Anyone else know differently??? Clearly he should have struck her but too late now

IMO Juror 17 needs to just sit down and be quiet. The verdict has been rendered. CMJA needs to be sentenced and just go away. The media perpetuating and giving voice to Juror 17 also needs to stop. It may be great theater, however the story has gotten old. IMO

I can't seem to bring the screen shot over here, but JA's Auntie Sue is blaming the Alexanders for the leak. Figures

Interesting since it was deduced that MK was more than likely the source of the leak, just a short time ago here. The truth and some people are just strange bedfellows. IMO

I am 5'6" and ~122 lbs with a small bone structure and have never considered myself petite. I certainly can't wear petite clothes sizes - too short and sleeves too short.

--------------
Hi , me too. ja. is not petite. I still think she has the build of a man. Look at her shoulders!! non feminine hips , of course many women are built like her. She'd never fit in petite
Bea Arthur comes to mind. What A Lady!! loved her!! :loveyou:

Please remember we do not make comments about people's appearance or weight on Websleuths. No matter who their relatives happen to be.

Maybe someone can tell more but as I saw on the interview day JM wanted her dismissed but not the defense...JSS said lets bring her back for more questions...it was clear she had some strong feelings regarding abuse and had been a victim...they brought her back and she even cried as she spoke about it but JSS overruled JM and they kept her. At final selection it is my understand they each have 10 strikes and then they are down to the correct number. So I am left to assume that JM did not strike her and my idea is he had too many anti dp people he needed to use his 10 strikes on. Anyone else know differently??? Clearly he should have struck her but too late now

Do they get 10 strikes for each jury, or for the whole trial? Did they get 10 strikes way back for the guilt/penalty phase but no extra strikes for having to redo the penalty part, or do they get 10 strikes each time they have to seat a jury?

I can't seem to bring the screen shot over here, but JA's Auntie Sue is blaming the Alexanders for the leak. Figures

I would expect nothing less ... she still thinks TA's family needs to apologize to them.:gaah:

Could of he ran out of strikes?

I still don't understand why Juan can get in trouble for this. Can someone please explain this to me? I don't think Juan leaked the J17's name. I think it's the JA supporters, since they got the rest of the list. JA was in the room also when questioning J17.

I seem to remember it was juror 17's husband who outed her when he contacted the local media to arrange an interview for his "hold out" wife that he was so proud of.....remember the footage of a reporter knocking on his door and he talked to the reporter.....the husband called the reporter....iirc....no links...sorry

I just watched Fonseca's cross from Juan and simply cannot believe she was allowed to be so rude and to in fact instruct the jury on who to believe...this had nothing to do with an appeal...something is really wrong with JSS and frankly the courts in AZ in general to let a witness disrespect the prosecutor like that. Stunning. I would love to hear some comments from the jurors on ho w they found her. And how in the world could they find another such perfect clone of alv?

I remember one of the jurors saying he completely tossed out her testimony....

Thank you so much for your info, GCharlie. It's all so helpful and insightful.

Do you have a citation for the letter to Lisa? Who is this Lisa, exactly?

Maybe paper was sneaked into Estrella in magazines? Legal documents?

With respect to your earlier comments regarding what might go down in Perryville and the restrictions in place there to prevent criminals like JA from communicating with the outside the way she can at Estrella...... IIRC at Perryville, first there will be no visits, then Jodi would be allowed non-contact visits from people on her visitors list, and later still contact visits. Visitors (phone and in person) would have to pass criminal background checks at their expense. Only 20 are allowed on the list. They are subject to search, including by K-9's (this search sounds like a TSA search) and a dress code. I'm guessing the legal team means a legitimate team of legal personnel, and not just friends of Jodi's who happen to be attorneys. IIRC, the inmate gets strip-searched before and after visits: no more writing messages on an arm. There is no computer access of any kind for inmates; no video visits.

Art supplies are restricted at Perryville, and must be earned by consistent good behavior. Even then, inmates are not allowed to keep very much of a supply. Some types of art supplies require long-term demonstration of good behavior. It seems to me very likely that other inmates will target Jodi's art supplies as a way of getting to her.

The letter to Lisa was posted on Juanstie's twitter last week, it may still be there.

That is an old document I think. Sue S was MDLR's boss and was listed on many dockets for a while. Unless this has been updated recently. Haven't checked, honestly.

Okay, thank you! I'll go back and delete that image if I can because it's so laaaaarrrge. :/ Sometimes, it's hard for me to figure out what's going on with the court docs, some of the case documents have been updated, others not. Here's the bottom part of that page that has current info that another document doesn't have. ARgh.Courtdocs May 8 dates added.jpg

Well, I suppose it could of been anyone on that defense team or perhaps the bailiff. Hope we get some solid information soon.

Are you talking about JSS's assistant/sometimes bailiff that JSS had it put on the record about her that one of the other guards(bailiff?) overheard her talking smack about JM and it had also been reported that the same assistant/sometimes bailiff had been seen/heard talking to the first foreman about how the case should have been only 2nd degree murder and had cried over the guilty verdict(even Nurmi corroborated JM re the incident, though he didn't recall the tears)? As the assistant she certainly would have had easy access to all the documents and it's been said that her and MK are "thick as thieves", as the saying goes. MOO

I seem to remember it was juror 17's husband who outed her when he contacted the local media to arrange an interview for his "hold out" wife that he was so proud of.....remember the footage of a reporter knocking on his door and he talked to the reporter.....the husband called the reporter....iirc....no links...sorry

Yes. She created her own drama. Good luck, Juan, IMO, did not leak anything out? Would he take a chance like that to ruin his career? I highly doubt it. I can sniff MDLR/Kiefer a mile away.

Okay, thank you! I'll go back and delete that image if I can because it's so laaaaarrrge. :/ Sometimes, it's hard for me to figure out what's going on with the court docs, some of the case documents have been updated, others not. Here's the bottom part of that page that has current info that another document doesn't have. ARgh.View attachment 71531

Hmmm, this is what I see on the site right now, but like the sentencing dates two times over on yours! (except for delays that is or bologna)

3/3/2015 9:30 Trial
3/4/2015 9:30 Trial
3/5/2015 9:30 Trial
4/13/2015 8:30 Sentencing
4/24/2015 13:30 Status Conference
5/8/2015 13:30 Oral Argument

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Hmmm, this is what I see on the site right now, but like the sentencing dates two times over on yours! (except for delays that is or bologna)

3/3/2015 9:30 Trial
3/4/2015 9:30 Trial
3/5/2015 9:30 Trial
4/13/2015 8:30 Sentencing
4/24/2015 13:30 Status Conference
5/8/2015 13:30 Oral Argument

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

This is the address from the image: http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx Odd that it's different info from https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

I agree with you on that Zoey. How did all of these reporters know so many things they shouldn't have? Answer that JSS. I am not anti JSS btw. She had a tough crowd. jmo

Once JM wasn't taken off the case for his "unruly" or whatever questioning of witnesses, they used what they perceived to the fullest extent the same action they filed a motion on towards the states experts. Monkey see, monkey do. oy vey...

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member