Dissecting the Florida Dept. of Children & Families Reports

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sure, I would imagine they are completely shocked on a number of levels, that Caylee is missing first of all, shocked at the radical change in KC (i.e. her first jailhouse call with the parents, etc), and also that she (allegedly) didn't tell them anything about Caylee being missing. Though KC has maintained that at that time she still thought she would be getting Caylee back, that she was trying to locate the babysitter through their social circles, or other means, etc.

I am not recalling anyone speaking of a "radical change" in KC. I do remember hearing JG and RG (I think it was on Geraldo) state that this was not the KC they knew. But were there any others? It was just surprise that she could go on partying and acting so carefree and happy while Caylee was missing.

Seagull, do you really remember KC having tears steadily streaming from her eyes the day she was arrested this last time? I barely saw any tears at all, and it seemed contrived to me. Funny how we see things so differently.

I haven't seen any indication of KC displaying symptoms of a dissociative disorder. The psychological thread has lots of good posts regarding her mental state. I believe the consensus is a personality disorder such as NPD or HPD, along with sociopathy, which even CA recognized, per her conversations with Ryan P.

lacey, I have to say, I had to squint at the video over and over to see if I could see the couple of tear drops Casey was trying to squeeze out (for herself, not Caylee) jmo

lacey, I have to say, I had to squint at the video over and over to see if I could see the couple of tear drops Casey was trying to squeeze out (for herself, not Caylee) jmo

My impression as well. Regarding KC's state of mind, didn't she tell the person(s) from DCF that her psychological tests had all been *normal?* This will hurt the defense if they are pursuing an insanity plea, as these files are sealed. And frankly, I don't detect any grounds for insanity or mental state. I just don't think a jury will buy that, IMO.

My impression as well. Regarding KC's state of mind, didn't she tell the person(s) from DCF that her psychological tests had all been *normal?* This will hurt the defense if they are pursuing an insanity plea, as these files are sealed. And frankly, I don't detect any grounds for insanity or mental state. I just don't think a jury will buy that, IMO.

She did tell them that, quite proudly IIRC. IMO, there will be no grounds for an insanity plea or mental state, I believe that is all that the defense has left to hang their hat on though, so they will try it, but it will never fly.

Respectfully snipped....

Patsy Ramsey referred to JonBenet as "that child".
Bill Clinton referred to Monica as "that woman".

People tend to distance themselves from situations they have no desire to discuss.

Finally unlurking (after years of reading) after reading GA's interview today. My heart has broken for him.

I think GA also usually refers to Caylee as "my granddaughter" rather than by name, KC also has referred to Caylee a lot as "my daughter" rather than by name, it always struck me as a little odd in both cases. Only Cindy seems to use Caylee's name much.

I think GA also usually refers to Caylee as "my granddaughter" rather than by name, KC also has referred to Caylee a lot as "my daughter" rather than by name, both always did strike me as a little odd. Only Cindy seems to use Caylee's name much.

I have NEVER heard Casey refer to Caylee as "my daughter" except for once or twice in the Universal interview, but then again I've never heard Casey speak at all.

Sure, I would imagine they are completely shocked on a number of levels, that Caylee is missing first of all, shocked at the radical change in KC (i.e. her first jailhouse call with the parents, etc), and also that she (allegedly) didn't tell them anything about Caylee being missing. Though KC has maintained that at that time she still thought she would be getting Caylee back, that she was trying to locate the babysitter through their social circles, or other means, etc.

There was no babysitter, and there is nothing "alleged" about her not telling any of her friends. She didn't tell anybody. I hope you are not accusing her friends of lying. What would be their motivation for that? And what kind of mother doesn't have a near heart attack at the thought they can't locate their child? Looking in social circles? I hope JB comes up with something better than that for the trial. I can't understand why anyone, short of her mother, would defend her. Very telling

I have NEVER heard Casey refer to Caylee as "my daughter" except for once or twice in the Universal interview, but then again I've never heard Casey speak at all.

She also refers to her as the little snothead, if I'm not mistaken. And also "that child".

I know what you mean, this, and the fact that she won't or can't provide more information really is bizarre. I still can't figure it out. It's not enough to prove to me that she's a murderer, not that I can rule that possibility out completely, but I still feel there's a lot to this story that isn't known yet. My opinion only. Such a sad case any way you look at it.

bold mine. Can't provide? Under what circumstances would a parent not be able to provide information about their child's disappearance, other than the fact it would incriminate them?

She also refers to her as the little snothead, if I'm not mistaken. And also "that child".

Yes and even in her Myspace messages to Lee she ALWAYS refered to Caylee as "your niece" instead of by name. Just sounds like a disconnect from way back, not anything recently. So very sad, I can't even stand it when someone misspells Caylees name on here!

The instance that jumps to my mind is when she was talking to Kristina in that first jailhouse phone call.

But it's so true that we've seen/heard so little of Casey, after all. I heard a viewer call into the Nancy Grace show once who was saying that Casey has never cried this entire time, and I thought, how would we know? The only times we've seen her were in the initial hearing or two and then only as she ran to and from the car. Then in that last meeting JB had with the press with KC present, morning of the GJ, KC was crying.

bold mine. Can't provide? Under what circumstances would a parent not be able to provide information about their child's disappearance, other than the fact it would incriminate them?

For example, won't provide information:

If it would incriminate someone else that they don't want to incriminate.

If they were threatened that the child would be killed if they told (like the recent case with the little boy in Mexico, who was killed in the end, cruelly.)

If they know that they or their family will be killed if they rat someone out.

Blackmail situation.

can't provide information:If the parent suffers from mental illness or a memory problem, for some other reason doesn't know where their child is or what happened.

If her story is true (at least as far as she knows or understands), and she can't think of anything else she can add.

Innocent people do not wait for 31 days to report their toddler missing and then lie to LE about their place of employment.

What part of this do some people just not get??

It is so crystal clear to the rest of the world.

Although I think the "snothead" thing could possibly have been made too much of. I don't like the use of a term like "little snothead" at all myself and could never use a name like that in speaking to or about a child, but I've heard lots of young parents use a lot of terms like that nowadays that I don't like, like "come here stinky butt, you're a stinky butt" when a child needs to be changed, "hey little snot head, let me clean your nose", etc, using these terms jokingly, not hatefully. (Like I say, I can't stand it myself, but it's possible that KC was jokingly using this term in that one text/email, or using a term that TR had used himself. Her friends say she usually called Caylee "munchkin".)
The thing about the term "that child", the writer of this report says she used that term and that the writer(s) wondered if it might have indicated a certain amount of detachment, they didn't say it necessarily was that way.... I wondered if maybe she was just using the same terms they were using as they were explaining the various neglect terms and charges, in other words, not thinking these really apply to Caylee but just talking about neglect charges in general, "a child", "said child", "that child".... (I don't know though)

But I was struck by the "my daughter" during the jailhouse call. I know if I were talking to my old friend about my own child I would be using his name. Saying "my son" would seem unnatural and stilted.

Innocent people do not wait for 31 days to report their toddler missing and then lie to LE about their place of employment.

What part of this do some people just not get??

It is so crystal clear to the rest of the world.

I beg your pardon?

It's in virtually all the interviews with friends. They all express that they are completely baffled because the KC they see in the media coverage is not the person they knew at all and they can't imagine how this change occurred. They all state that KC was normal, loving and affectionate with Caylee and would never hurt her in any way. Some examples that come to mind immediately: Jesse G's statements on the Nancy Grace show, Jesse's father's statements on the Nancy Grace show (almost word for word with what I've written above in this paragraph), Dante and Exit 13's comments on this forum...I will try to find some of the page numbers for you from the various interviews with LE, but you've seen them all before, I'm sure.

I know what you mean.

I think it was Dante that said that Casey never had any strange behaviors and he never saw her treat Caylee badly, in fact I think he stated it was obvious Casey loved Caylee very much.

I swear I read that one of her friends had stated that Casey had completely changed in the last several months leading up to Caylee's 'disappearance' i.e death.

Yes and even in her Myspace messages to Lee she ALWAYS refered to Caylee as "your niece" instead of by name. Just sounds like a disconnect from way back, not anything recently. So very sad, I can't even stand it when someone misspells Caylees name on here!

I didn't catch that Pondering. That is interesting.

won't provide information:

RED IS MINE

For example, if it would incriminate someone else that they don't want to incriminate.

Like who though? The A's?

If they were threatened that the child would be killed if they told (like the recent case with the little boy in Mexico, who was killed in the end, cruelly.)

Sorry, I guess I have been so wrapped up in this case, didn't hear about that one, but Casey would have no way of knowing what was happening to Caylee if that were true, so after 5 months you would think that nothing could stop her from talking.

Blackmail situation.

How would she have any idea that Caylee was still OK?

can't provide information:
If the parent suffers from mental illness or a memory problem, for some other reason doesn't know where their child is or what happened.

If her story is true (at least as far as she knows), and she can't think of anything else she can add...

She didn't forget how to party, shop with other peoples money and she STILL lies to the DCF worker, about her coming home to tell her parents about Caylee missing, about working, about the nanny, so she adds plenty, just not the truth.

And then how would Casey or anyone explain a dead body in the trunk of her car, even if they believed it wasn't poor Caylee?

Personally the "your niece" thing is not a big deal for me anyway. When I am talking to my brother and one of my boys want to say soemthing to him I will say one sec your nephew wants to say soemthing to you. I love my kids would never harm them but that is soemthing i say to him alot. I cant say i would ever call my kids a snot head or anything like that though when talking to one of my friends or b/f though. Althouh I am the mom who is saying come here stinky butt while chasing a baby around the couch to get changed :P

Personally the "your niece" thing is not a big deal for me anyway. When I am talking to my brother and one of my boys want to say soemthing to him I will say one sec your nephew wants to say soemthing to you. I love my kids would never harm them but that is soemthing i say to him alot. I cant say i would ever call my kids a snot head or anything like that though when talking to one of my friends or b/f though. Althouh I am the mom who is saying come here stinky butt while chasing a baby around the couch to get changed :P

I would agree with you if it was just "the niece" by itself, even the "snot head" if she had a cold or something (which I don't like either seagull, but that in itself does not a bad parent make) and the stinky butt too, I think all parents do that to a certain extent. It just is strange that she was usually "the child", rarely called by name in anything that we have read or heard of. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back