Disturbing LA quote

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a really great thread. A lot can be learned in hindsight by rereading these LE interviews.

Casey did have the opportunity to retrieve her "work ID."
Casey changed her story and told Lee the odor started around Cindy's b-day!

Wow! I wonder what else we might find. This is all very interesting! Good sleuthing!

I'm going to relisten to a few of his interviews and try and record several instances where he appears to laugh inappropriately. I think it could show a pattern.

Although, there are probably a ton and it could just be the way he acts.

I'd have to go back and listen, but yes I'm pretty sure he was laughing during that too. At least during how he talked about escaping the media...

But IIRC he was a bit more relaxed during that time because he wasn't aware that he was being recorded at that time. It's just my opinion, but I tend to think that the laughing bit that Lee does with the media and LE is a "lack of respect" for them and for the way that he and his family think that they are handling this case. It's disrespectful IMO. JMO for what it's worth.

I'm going to relisten to a few of his interviews and try and record several instances where he appears to laugh inappropriately. I think it could show a pattern.

Although, there are probably a ton and it could just be the way he acts.

Another instance that stands out to me is in his deposition to Morgan in the civil case. He laughs about how KC is obviously not where she supposed to be, and at instances where she has obviously lied. It's almost an embarrassed kind of laugh, like, "yeah, it's humiliating to have a sister this obviously out there and full of it, but we are just used to it" kind of attitude. It might be inappropriate, but it seems to me as if a lot of times it has to do with covering nerves.

valhall, I have been bothered by cindy's statement as well. That she said Casey never had the opportunity to get anything from the car or hide anything. I read as you did that Casey was alone with the car in the garage at times. Who knows what she did then.

Chiquita71 said:
What interview is that quote from? I had not seen that. I just posted Lee's interview this week in the thread of that name.

Should be the same interview. It was spoken of a bit earlier in it. This is the only interview we've received from Lee thus far.

In listening to one of LA's interviews I noticed a disturbing quote that caught my attention and hadn't noticed before - "the trunk was open, the windows were rolled down to what I assume was to ventilate the horrible smell i had just (laughter) smelled for the first time..."

It just feels very odd that he would make this statement. It wasn't asked and seems so out of place when you think about it. Also, I know he has a nervous laugh but I always wondered if it occurs more when he is about to lie.

I believe you have just highlighted a very, very important statement. As for his laugh, it has always gave me the creeps. It's as is his emotional circuit board is not the same as ours.

Novice Seeker

Real quick and OT but this just reminded me of another lie I think lee told.

Lee's interview with OCSO was Jul 29th correct? Whenever he met up with Tony L for that wiretap, he was complaining to Tony that nobody ever interviewed him, and how it was a bunch of BS, basically trashing the investigators.

I'm pretty sure the wiretap in the car with Tony L was well after Lee's July interview with LE. Someone please correct me if I'm way off base. (Can't shake off the drowsiness today!)

I believe you have just highlighted a very, very important statement. As for his laugh, it has always gave me the creeps. It's as is his emotional circuit board is not the same as ours.

Novice Seeker

Couldn't agree with you more. I wonder if LA and KC would've been different had they possibly been taken to a psychiatrist to see if there might be something wrong with them. I just don't see cindy going that route. Kids that SHE had couldn't possibly have problems. Yet GA, CA, LA, and KC all appear to have a psychological problem or another.

It's kinda scary to think of how many families are out there just like the As.

valhall, I have been bothered by cindy's statement as well. That she said Casey never had the opportunity to get anything from the car or hide anything. I read as you did that Casey was alone with the car in the garage at times. Who knows what she did then.

I agree.
Also, Cindy bringing up the "lanyard" makes me wonder if Casey didn'twant to high tail out and get it because if anyone took a close look at it, they could tell that it was a " fake" or home-made ID . . . after all we know she really did not work at Universal, just wantedt people to think that she did.

And in terms of LA' s speaking/laughing. None of them can put a complete thought together without a lot of hmmm's, duh's and absolutely's in it ... ( word salad as Brini would say). Anthony Speak : say a lot of BS which means nothing. :croc: ( They always have to have their minds working above what they say, to come up with the lies they need to use for whatever they're covering. ) Normal peeps can just talk. They need to concoct the lie while they are speaking . . can't be easy :loser: :furious: MOO of course!

I'm still on the fence regarding Lee. The recent articles saying he refused payment for his appearance or story reinforced that. I felt early on in the case during the jail house visits he was trying to get the truth out of Casey. Thus his list. The Memorial was just plain strange. I'm just not sure how I would act if my sibling was accused of murder nor do I want to know. It's like he phases in and out of the public eye depending how much pressure is put on him by you know who. I doubt he will surprise us all, but I still hold out hope for Lee.

IMO

In listening to one of LA's interviews I noticed a disturbing quote that caught my attention and hadn't noticed before - "the trunk was open, the windows were rolled down to what I assume was to ventilate the horrible smell i had just (laughter) smelled for the first time..."

It just feels very odd that he would make this statement. It wasn't asked and seems so out of place when you think about it. Also, I know he has a nervous laugh but I always wondered if it occurs more when he is about to lie.

Hi SFW....you are right his laughter during his explanation was a tad uncalled for in my opinion. I remembering thinking this when I heard it to.

O/T sorry but didnt George go to the tow yard by himself and called cindy to get 500.00 to pay the car fines.If this is true then how did George drive caseys car ? Left his there I guess.
Does anyone remember CA telling the FBI that GA called her to bring the money?

O/T sorry but didnt George go to the tow yard by himself and called cindy to get 500.00 to pay the car fines.If this is true then how did George drive caseys car ? Left his there I guess.
I believe George and Cindy went to the tow yard together. He called her at work before they went.

I believe George and Cindy went to the tow yard together. He called her at work before they went.

That's the way I remember it too. He called the tow company to find out how much it was (I think in two more weeks it would be automatically up for auction - wow, that would have been interesting) and was upset about the amount. CA came home, they went to the bank and then to Johnson's where she rather nastily tried to reduce the penalty fee, IIRC. Johnson's is very close to the Anthony home, so if she had picked up GA it would not have taken them long.

Admittedly, it's been a while but I'm pretty sure it was something like this...

GA goes to PO to get the letter that they had found the notice for over the weekend. He doesn't have to be at work until later in the day so he goes to the tow yard that sent the letter and finds out how much money he needs and that he will need the title to the car as well. He goes home and calls CA who stops on the way home and gets the money before picking GA up at the house. (I'm guessing that GA got the title at home and took that with them too.) CA & GA go to the tow yard to pick up the car. CA stays in the office arguing about the charge and GA goes with the guy from the tow yard to get the car. GA smells the smell and opens the trunk and the guy tosses the trash bag in the dumpster. GA drives the car home with the windows down and CA follows him. Once they are home they put the car in the garage with the windows and trunk open and take the battery out so KC can't come and get it while they are gone. A short time later each of them goes to work having told each other it was just the pizza.

Yes, George and Cindy went back to work! They went back to work after smelling that car and knowing it sure smelled just like a dead body does. The smell was coming from their daughter's abandoned car. They went back to work knowing it was the smell of death in that car picked up from the tow yard. They went to work even though they had not seen or talked to Caylee in 31 days, and the car smelled like death. It was a super human denial they had going.

Lee tries laughing at the absurdity of the situation when he has to convey what he, himself, thinks is a bizarre-can't-be-true situation. Tracy did a lot of laughing in her interview, and we know she didn't think it was really funny, but absurd, outrageous stuff. Maybe some people laugh when faced with something bizarre and outrageous to them. Maybe they laugh to convey what even they feel is bizarre.

Or Lee could be kinda dense about appropiate behavior in general. None of the Anthonys have shown appropiate behavior now that I think of it. They would gloss over Caylee's death if they could with a tap dance and a song trying to cover up and rewrite history.

I haven't had much time to go back over LA's interview today or deposition - I actually listened to it but ended up falling asleep. It does seem that he laughs when he is discussing something that very is obsurd, like other's have mentioned or just when he is uncomfortable.

However, there does seem to be instances when he laughs while discussing something that could possibly be a lie or where he maybe implicated. I transcribed these myself and suck at it so forgive me if they aren't exact.

Instance 1:
LE: I'm not saying you did anything wrong (in referencing LA going to TL to get KCs stuff).

LA: Oh no, not a problem (laughter)...

LE: I'm just saying if they say 'we didn't know'...

LA: that would be completely false (laughter).

Instance 2:
(Discussing dumping out Casey's purse) LA: The officer actually when things were being dumped out she left and wasn't even in the room.

LE: You will have to excuse my facial expression.

LA: Yeah, it struck me as odd too, that's why I'm mentioning it (laughter)

Laughter at times that seems inappropriate to others is really a way of coping. Police do it alot when faced with some of their crime scenes. They just can't let things get to them and sometimes the laughter breaks that stress barrier. Not that they are being disrespectful, it just helps them deal and detach from the situtation. I would imagine LA might have picked this up from his father as this family is able to detach themselves quite easily....all of them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!