DNA Clears Ramsey Family!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
EXACTLY!!! The same DNA being on her panties and long johns proves absolutely nothing. Let's not forget that this same DNA was too "degraded" YEARS ago. And now....it miraculously becomes UNdegrated? What's with that? Yep, lets have that rope, the paintbrush, TOP, and blanket that she was covered with tested TOO!

The DNA testing and technology is what improves. The same persons DNA is in a six year old underwear and on two places on her tights she was wearing when killed. That is powerful evidence. Karr was excluded when his DNA did not match up with the underwear sample. Now we have the same DNA in three spots...none of it the Ramseys.

EXACTLY!!! The same DNA being on her panties and long johns proves absolutely nothing. Let's not forget that this same DNA was too "degraded" YEARS ago. And now....it miraculously becomes UNdegrated? What's with that? Yep, lets have that rope, the paintbrush, TOP, and blanket that she was covered with tested TOO!

It JB had her own blood under her nails it would help to degraded the sample imo. They got the profile of a male DNA way back then. They did not get the results back then from collection of skin cells. So that DNA had to be from another biological source.:eek:

What does the panties and the nails have to do with new forensic technology? Are you saying forensic techniques don't continue to advance in this country and other countries as well. But I guess it is to be expected. When DNA began many poo pooed its validity too many moons ago.

I am delighted to know that progress is being made. It lessens the chances more and more that the murderers will escape justice. I hope they continue to fine tune it. It may mean according to older standards the sample was degraded but with new technology they may have improved it so much that even if it is degraded some a profile match can be made.

I believe Lacy said they are going to enter the profile into CODIS and imo one day they will get a hit and when they do then they will know who the man is that murdered JB and they then will have exemplars of his own writings once he is revealed.

imoo

The DA is on the record as IDI.

We know, Holdon. She was as far back in 1998, even though she knew none of the evidence. Frank Coffman once wrote that Lacy believed Patsy was innocent because of her own radical feminist beliefs I quote:

"She's a very pro-woman prosecutor and she felt that the cops were being much too tough on Patsy. She believed that men were not in a position to understand Patsy's mentality."

Doesn't sound like a very professional approach to me.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

it WAS- on the DA's part. Read ST's book and you'll see that Lacy was a big problem for her own boss.

What do you mean 'maybe' an unknown male left their DNA at the crime scene? Can you elaborate on that?

Gladly. If it is the same, who's to say JB didn't spread it around herself?

The way I read it, an unknown male left DNA in TWO DIFFERENT FORMS in TWO DIFFERENT PLACES on the victim!! Hello??

That is the DA's opinion, and I have no reason to trust her.

And it would be no accident if she struck out in a rage for that would be an intentional act but imo none of the Ramseys struck this little girl, it was obvious they were totally devoted to her.

Blueeyes, I can list any number of parents who were totally devoted to someone before they killed them. When we say "Accident," we mean that she didn't mean to kill her. Yes, they were devoted to her. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe they loved her to death.

Obviously we are not all going to agree on this one. I confess I haven't followed this case closely, and pretty much lost interest after the Karr fiasco and Patsy's death.

The Karr fiasco is only one of many reasons why Lacy is not to be trusted with this case, Pepper.

1. I believe that what Lou Smit provided about the window, the suitcase, the grate, the lack of footprints due to no snow in the area, etc......is all credible.

I don't. In fact, it was his clumsy attempt to prove himself that was instrumental in my conversion.

2. I don't believe Patsy or John or anyone else in the family fits the profile of most who kill their kids. There is no poverty, history of mental illness, substance abuse, prior criminal behavior, affairs, prior child abuse, etc. that usually accompany killing one's own kid.

That means absolutely nothing. Most homicide bombers have no history of violence, either.

3. Most parents who kill their children kill ALL of them. Think Susan Smith, Andrea Yates, Diane Downs, and countless and nameless men who murder all their kids to get back at the mother.

Exactly. Those mothers either had obvious mental problems or were killing their kids to get back at their fathers, a la Medea (the Greek character, not the poster!). I don't think that was what happened. It's apples and handgrenades.

4. I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories. Mary Lacy may be inept as shown during the Karr fiasco, but I don't think she would intentionally color the evidence to either protect or indict the Ramseys.

We're not talking conspiracy theory, Pepper. We're talking about one person who made up their mind early on in this case and, thanks to the deficiencies of Boulder's electoral system, got into a postion of power to act on her biases. You may not know this, but when she took over the case, she made NO attempt to contact any of the investigators who actually worked the case and hired her own team, handpicked because they shared her view of the case. When one of them turned out to be a friend of one of the critics of the DA's office, he was let go for no apparent reason. HMM!

5. The note, while very weird, was not conclusively proven to be written by Patsy.

You're right about that, to a point. None of the analysts could say in court that she wrote it, but some said they knew it was her.

I would like to see several conclusions by handwriting analysts.

You got it:

Carol McKinley stated in the Fox News story that Ramseys sued Fox over: "Many forensic document examiners have given their opinions as to who wrote the note. But the only one to testify before a grand jury in the case was Chet Ubowski, forensic document examiner for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Out of 100 people he analyzed for the Boulder Police Department, he found ONLY ONE person whom he thought may have authored the document, Patsy Ramsey. Investigative sources tell Fox News that the disguised letters and bleeding ink from the felt tipped pen used to write the note kept him from 100 percent ID of Mrs. Ramsey."

But Schiller claimed "The police never bothered to ask Ubowski if he had put his entire analysis of the ransom note into his report. Either way, Ubowski was prepared to say, 'Patsy wrote the note.' The CBI saw this as another missed opportunity" (Schiller 1999a:536-537). Schiller further notes: "experts from the CBI presented their evaluations into evidence, including Chet Ubowski. He also told Pete Mang, his boss at the CBI, that his gut told him it was her handwriting" (Schiller 1999a:740)

That's just a starter.

The reason this case has never been brought to trial is that there is simply not sufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Ramseys are or are not guilty. It's a stalemate

Again, you're right, in a way. They never had enough evidence as to which parent did what specific act. If they charge Patsy, she can blame John. If they charge John, he can blame her. Pete Hofstrom, one of the assistant DA's said, "so what if she wrote the note. it doesn't prove she killed her kid." And from a legal standpoint, he's right. Under the law, a prosecutor cannot charge them both with the same crime. One is the actual killer, the other is an accomplice.

What's more, in cases of domestic homicide, since the people live in the house, very often the cases are not solved by physical evidence, but by throwing each parent into a holding cell until one of them sells out the other. And if you don't believe me, ask Hedda Nusbaum. Her husband, Joel Steinberg, killed their adopted daughter, but both were there when it happened. They jailed both, she and her lawyers cut a deal for immunity and put Joel in prison for the murder. The Boulder police, the Keystone Kops as you call them, WANTED to do exactly that. But Alex Hunter, Mr. '60s liberal himself, said no. Said he didn't believe in such a "fascist" approach, even when the cops told him it's a standard tactic. "Not with me, it isn't." A golden opportunity lost, because of the DA. Who was the real screw-up in this case, Pepper?

There is nothing in Patsy's history that shows she was a violent woman or abusive to her children. If anything I think she most likely overly doted on them.

So what? That kind of naivete has no place in a DA's office.

It JB had her own blood under her nails it would help to degraded the sample imo.

She didn't. And it didn't. Bottom line.

IMO it's possible he did not wear gloves when he began to molest her, he'd been waiting to do this too long....then he puts the clothing on. Sex predators sometimes do think they "love" their victims and I do not find it odd that they would wrap her up like that.

What about the lack of sperm inside of her? So, all this intruder did as far as sexually abusing her...was insert either a finger or a paintbrush. A real sex perverted intruder would have done much more. The paintbrush wasn't even inserted harshly...it was "gently" inserted...and didn't cause the amount of damage that would have been done, if it had of been inserted with force. Only someone close to her....uh hum...her mother or father...would have inserted the paintbrush so gently.

The DNA testing and technology is what improves. The same persons DNA is in a six year old underwear and on two places on her tights she was wearing when killed. That is powerful evidence. Karr was excluded when his DNA did not match up with the underwear sample. Now we have the same DNA in three spots...none of it the Ramseys.

Well, that's kinda funny considering PATSY is the one that put the Longjohns on her that night...before bed...in the first place (she admitted this). For HER touch DNA not to be on those longjohns...would be IMPOSSIBLE. This whole Mary Lacy "touch DNA" is a bunch of hogwash.

It JB had her own blood under her nails it would help to degraded the sample imo. They got the profile of a male DNA way back then. They did not get the results back then from collection of skin cells. So that DNA had to be from another biological source.:eek:

What does the panties and the nails have to do with new forensic technology? Are you saying forensic techniques don't continue to advance in this country and other countries as well. But I guess it is to be expected. When DNA began many poo pooed its validity too many moons ago.

I am delighted to know that progress is being made. It lessens the chances more and more that the murderers will escape justice. I hope they continue to fine tune it. It may mean according to older standards the sample was degraded but with new technology they may have improved it so much that even if it is degraded some a profile match can be made.

I believe Lacy said they are going to enter the profile into CODIS and imo one day they will get a hit and when they do then they will know who the man is that murdered JB and they then will have exemplars of his own writings once he is revealed.

imoo

Then why don't they use this NEW IMPROVED technology on the garotte (Paintbrush handle AND cord), the blanket used to wrap her in, etc. IMO..Mary Lacy is afraid of what she might find. Finding DNA (the DNA found in the panties was DEGRADED at one time...and now all of the sudden its enough to clear the Ramseys? GO FIGURE), on the panties and longjohns doesn't prove that an intruder killed JB...just that there is unknown male dna on those places.....SO WHAT? It was said at one time, that the panties could have possibly gotten the degraded dna from a plant worker at the panty factory, because all of the other panties in that pack that was tested (after the Ramsey's turned them over a year later) ALSO had unknown male dna on them, and that was the only thing that made sense. IMO...the panties had the degraded DNA from the panty factory worker on them, and when the long johns touched the panties...the touch dna was transferred. Its called...by experts in the "touch DNA" field...secondary transfer.

Touch DNA can be transferred from one object to another, its called...Secondary Transfer. Patsy Ramsey is the one that placed those long johns on JB that night before she went to bed...in the first place. So WHERE are HER prints? Its entirely possible too...that Patsy could have had skin cells from someone else on her hands, maybe someone from the party...and they were transferred that way. There are all sorts of explainations for that unknown male dna. I just named two in the this post and the one that I made before it.

Touch DNA can be transferred from one object to another, its called...Secondary Transfer. Patsy Ramsey is the one that placed those long johns on JB that night before she went to bed...in the first place. So WHERE are HER prints? Its entirely possible too...that Patsy could have had skin cells from someone else on her hands, maybe someone from the party...and they were transferred that way. There are all sorts of explainations for that unknown male dna. I just named two in the this post and the one that I made before it.

So how would you explain matching DNA under the fingernails and in the panties, not matching anyone in the Ramsey family?

So how would you explain matching DNA under the fingernails and in the panties, not matching anyone in the Ramsey family?

How do we know for sure that the dna under her nails came from some intruder?

How many of US would be carrying foreign dna under our own nails right this minute?

And if it's on your own nails it's NOT hard to transfer to your own body.

So why doesn't the DA do MEANINGFUL TESTS that will answer this question?

How do we know for sure that the dna under her nails came from some intruder?

How many of US would be carrying foreign dna under our own nails right this minute?

And if it's on your own nails it's NOT hard to transfer to your own body.

So why doesn't the DA do MEANINGFUL TESTS that will answer this question?

Tell me, Pepper: have you ever heard of Dennis Dechaine?

Tell me, Pepper: have you ever heard of Dennis Dechaine?

I just read about this case at Wiki.

You know.... his "touch dna" would have been found all over the place.... the bandana, the rope, the knife.

Lacy would have argued that she had consensual sex (with her real killer) & then Dennis came along & killed her.

Well, my point was the just because Sarah Cherry had unknown DNA on her didn't mean that Dechaine didn't kill her.

The way I heard it was, Sarah Cherry was babysitting, but when the baby's mom came home, Sarah was gone. A notebook and a car repair receipt with Dechaine's name on them were in the driveway. The cops found Dechaine, who denied the papers were his, but later said they had been planted. He was found in the woods with his truck nearby. The truck was locked and Dechaine hid the keys under the seat of a police cruiser. Before Cherry's body was found, his lawyer told cops she was dead and they were looking in the right place. Sure enough, they found her in the area Dechaine had been pickup up in. She'd been stabbed repeatedly, most likely by a knife Dechaine was known to keep on his keychain that oddly went missing. She was also strangled with rope that was consistent with rope in the truck. Various witnesses saw him of his truck going into the woods, and one couple claimed he asked to wash himself off with their garden hose.

Dechaine confessed: "I can't believe I could do such a thing. Why did I do this?" and he kept saying that through his arrest and booking.

Looks bad for him.

The way I heard it was, Sarah Cherry was babysitting, but when the baby's mom came home, Sarah was gone. A notebook and a car repair receipt with Dechaine's name on them were in the driveway. The cops found Dechaine, who denied the papers were his, but later said they had been planted. He was found in the woods with his truck nearby. The truck was locked and Dechaine hid the keys under the seat of a police cruiser. Before Cherry's body was found, his lawyer told cops she was dead and they were looking in the right place. Sure enough, they found her in the area Dechaine had been pickup up in. She'd been stabbed repeatedly, most likely by a knife Dechaine was known to keep on his keychain that oddly went missing. She was also strangled with rope that was consistent with rope in the truck. Various witnesses saw him of his truck going into the woods, and one couple claimed he asked to wash himself off with their garden hose.

Dechaine confessed: "I can't believe I could do such a thing. Why did I do this?" and he kept saying that through his arrest and booking.

Looks bad for him.

thats sounds about right on what happend as far as what i have read

I don't research or study dna techniques when reading about crime cases, but it makes common sense to me that this touch dna could be fairly easily rubbed off. Wouldn't the very last person to touch something be sensible in deciding that this person was there at the time of the crime? I would assume that the touch dna might have been on the inside of longjohn waistband and the outside on left and right side.

I agree--the other evidence from the scene needs to be tested again. Whether that happens is up to the Boulder PD; do they have the budget for it?

One of the only good things to come out of 9/11 is that the push to identify victims advanced DNA technology greatly. According to my brother (who is a researcher who works with DNA), the three years after 9/11 saw as big an advance in DNA technology as the previous 15 years.

It is now possible to work with DNA that was detectable but considered too degraded ten years ago.

And that is why there is such a backlog of DNA to be processed nationwide! Police departments and prosecutors all over are looking at their cold cases and wanting to re-test evidence.

Unfortunately, in order to keep up, lab capacity would need to be increased tenfold, which costs a lot of money (for example, my brother's research costs in excess of $5 million a year and most of that goes to the DNA aspect of his research).

..I always think of the movie Jurassic Park when I think of this case...'Dino DNA'.

I agree--the other evidence from the scene needs to be tested again. Whether that happens is up to the Boulder PD; do they have the budget for it?

One of the only good things to come out of 9/11 is that the push to identify victims advanced DNA technology greatly. According to my brother (who is a researcher who works with DNA), the three years after 9/11 saw as big an advance in DNA technology as the previous 15 years.

It is now possible to work with DNA that was detectable but considered too degraded ten years ago.

And that is why there is such a backlog of DNA to be processed nationwide! Police departments and prosecutors all over are looking at their cold cases and wanting to re-test evidence.

Unfortunately, in order to keep up, lab capacity would need to be increased tenfold, which costs a lot of money (for example, my brother's research costs in excess of $5 million a year and most of that goes to the DNA aspect of his research).

Thank you for that information. I do know they are making strides everyday. What couldn't be done just a decade ago can now be done.

With our economy in such sad shape now imo the labs will become even further bogged down.

imo

Then why don't they use this NEW IMPROVED technology on the garotte (Paintbrush handle AND cord), the blanket used to wrap her in, etc. IMO..Mary Lacy is afraid of what she might find. Finding DNA (the DNA found in the panties was DEGRADED at one time...and now all of the sudden its enough to clear the Ramseys? GO FIGURE), on the panties and longjohns doesn't prove that an intruder killed JB...just that there is unknown male dna on those places.....SO WHAT? It was said at one time, that the panties could have possibly gotten the degraded dna from a plant worker at the panty factory, because all of the other panties in that pack that was tested (after the Ramsey's turned them over a year later) ALSO had unknown male dna on them, and that was the only thing that made sense. IMO...the panties had the degraded DNA from the panty factory worker on them, and when the long johns touched the panties...the touch dna was transferred. Its called...by experts in the "touch DNA" field...secondary transfer.

The DNA was not degraded on the underwear. Are you forgetting the second spot that was isolated and entered into CODIS? This is the DNA that the new DNA from the skin cells were matched which totally debunks the idea that it came from a factory worker. Did this factory worker also touch the longjohns? LOL The DNA in the underwear was fluid, the DNA on the longjohns are skin cells = no transferrence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back