DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. The quality of their updates and news releases seems to have really gone down over the last few months, with conflicting info in different places.
It was the DDP’s case in the end
According to their website:

“The expertise of a DNA Doe Project genealogist was able to quickly narrow down the Doe’s place in his family tree and identify him.”

I think they did not add him to the list of cases, as they were asked to assist already in genealogy research stage

Also after their work with James Everett it’ll be interesting if they work more with Hennepin County, Hennepin county is odd on NamUs, they have 1-2 dozen cases that have such vague details that they don’t even list the date of discovery, only the year

That means they’re out of that batch with Bayonne JD and Saginaw JD, so likely they’ll add the Sonoma County or Maricopa county cases soon too
I think there is also Temple girl on the same batch :) But also there are two other cases that meanwhile became active Woodlawn cemetery Jane Doe 2017 (Maine) and Downtown Phoenix John Doe 2004.

I cant’ find anything about Woodlawn cemetery Jane Doe, she is not on Namus :(

I am hoping for Ramsey County Jane Doe identification and announcement, it was 45 years on July 20, since she was found. Too long for somebody to be without a name.

Also hoping for Chattanooga County John Doe, Michigan Lake Jane Doe and Nation River lady, they all have good chances to have their names back by now. And wondering about Vernon County Jane Doe if there are any developments in her case, as the DDP started to work on her identification back in 2018.

Wow, interesting:

“To date, the DNA Doe Project has been able to identify approximately 100 unidentified persons”

According to the pin post 66 being announced so far

Last edited:

Tempe girl and one of the Phoenix cases are on site now, both as donation cases

Wow, interesting:

“To date, the DNA Doe Project has been able to identify approximately 100 unidentified persons”

According to the pin post 66 being announced so far
Has that information moved? The last update I see on the typical pinned post is still from the 13th

Has that information moved? The last update I see on the typical pinned post is still from the 13th
No, the same post, it was last updated on 13th, 64 cases solved, my mistake.

I am wondering if Woodlawn Jane Doe is an old burial, as I can not find any article about this uid

No, the same post, it was last updated on 13th, 64 cases solved, my mistake.

I am wondering if Woodlawn Jane Doe is an old burial, as I can not find any article about this uid
Possibly, or an undocumented one like Porter County JD

I found an article from 2017 which says that a Victorian era coffin with human remains was found on May 4 2017 in the northeast corner of the former Woodlawn Cemetery, Maine. The remains belonged to a child. I guess in this case the DDP could still have taken the case as it is more than a century old, moreover it was clearly not a homicide but an old historical burial

Last edited:
The pin post was updated, Gregg County was added to solved cases, now there are 65 solves.
Hopefully the article which says there are around 100 solves is correct and there are around 35 cases solved but not announced: Hopefully some old cases were solved this year as well, hoping for difficult ones like Grundy County JD, Apache Junction JD, Mowry Avenue JD, Ventura County JD and ST Tammany Parish JD

Is there a thread on here for Downtown Phoenix John Doe 2004? I couldn't seem to find one. His death could have been an accident or suicide. He was apparently homeless. It doesn't sound like it was a murder, but maybe he was murdered by another transient. That happens sometimes. He has a story. Cases like his tend to be obscure, but are worth solving.

Last edited:
Is there a thread on here for Downtown Phoenix John Doe 2004? I couldn't seem to find one. His death could have been an accident or suicide. He was apparently homeless. It doesn't sound like it was a murder, but maybe he was murdered by another transient. That happens sometimes. He has a story. Cases like his tend to be obscure, but are worth solving.
Unfortunately not all the Does have threads :( You can always create one if you can’t find it with the Namus number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member