DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi y’all! Will try to stay active here.
Cairenn, first, I would like to say thank you for all your hard work, you guys are amazing!
I have a question: did the DDP decided not to make an announcement of Rock County John identification? The law enforcement of Rock County made an announcement on December 20, 2022 saying the DDP assisted in the identification and a lot of articles were published about the case, but the DDP did not make an official announcement of his identification

Checking donation statuses with :

Three Points John Doe is around 20%
Ramsey County John Doe is around 6%
Florence Clandestine Grave Jane Doe is around 40%
Finger Rock John Doe is around 13%

A few updates to the site: It seems that Ramsey County John Doe (1985) and Finger Rock John Doe were fully funded.

Naylor Road John Doe was added to the site:

Burlington John Doe was moved to active research.

@cairennoid I can't remember exactly how to submit a case, but would you consider trying to identify "Rodney Jones", found in the desert in New Mexico? He has a very intriguing story and some sad circumstances of discovery.

New announcement! Michigan Lake Jane Doe 1997 identified as Dorothy Lynn Thyng Ricker

Bedford Jane Doe has also been identified as Kathy Alston

I find it amazing how the picture of her is at the exact same angle as the reconstruction, it really gives you a good comparison.

A news story was just released regarding Dorothy Ricker including an image of her when she disappeared:

a740e219-afd3-43e1-92db-150fd1f3691d-medium16x9_thumb_59440.png

5 Does have their Namus removed recently. I am glad Jefferson County John Doe was announced to be identified, so far was the oldest DDP case with Namus removed and identification pending. I am wondering if there are any older cases we don’t know about, which were identified prior or in 2021 which are still pending announcements. I think there should not be many of them, but recalling numbers of 2021, there still can be 2-3 cases from that time which were not announced yet

My local East TN news reporting on active and identified DNA Doe Project cases. Very exciting. It appears more announcements to come, hopefully.

A big Thank You to all volunteers. You are filling in the blanks for our wonderful TN and KY families looking for answers and closure.

Q
My local East TN news reporting on active and identified DNA Doe Project cases. Very exciting. It appears more announcements to come, hopefully.

A big Thank You to all volunteers. You are filling in the blanks for our wonderful TN and KY families looking for answers and closure.

LaVerenge Jane Doe has a very good highest match of over 400 cM, thought according to the new articles it seems she has not been identified, looks like a tough case as it states “A forensic scientist believes the remains may have been a Black or White”. I thought it is known that she was African American.

5 Does have their Namus removed recently. I am glad Jefferson County John Doe was announced to be identified, so far was the oldest DDP case with Namus removed and identification pending. I am wondering if there are any older cases we don’t know about, which were identified prior or in 2021 which are still pending announcements. I think there should not be many of them, but recalling numbers of 2021, there still can be 2-3 cases from that time which were not announced yet
Is there a running list of "NAMUS removed but no announcement yet" DDP cases?

Is there a running list of "NAMUS removed but no announcement yet" DDP cases?
Sure, Doggybag published it before, but one cases was added later, so now the updated list include:
1. Mercer Island John Doe (Washington)

2. Thurston County Jane Doe (2013) aka Peter Kalama Ln Jane Doe (Washington)

3. Travis County John Doe (2021) (Texas)

4. Mecklenburg John Doe (2008) (North Carolina)

5. Jonesport John Doe (2000) (Maine)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back