Do you feel bad for Casey because of how she was brought up?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not in the slightest. I don't believe she was physically abused & even if she had been, others have been through far worse & didn't use it as an excuse to murder their children!

I don't feel sorry for her one bit! I agree that how you are brought up can be a learned pattern on behavior. You learn from what you see but that doesn't mean when you become an adult that you cannot change your behavior when you know right from wrong. She knew her behavior was Wrong but chose to continue down that path. I didn't grow up in a perfect household by any means, like probably many others because no one has a perfect life. I learned behavior that was not right but when I got older I knew that was not right and chose to live my life in a different way then what I was raised. Everyone has a choice in life! I do not think that ICA was molested either and if she were then that just shows more of her character that she would leave her own child with someone that supposedly did something to her.

Not in the slightest. I don't believe she was physically abused & even if she had been, others have been through far worse & didn't use it as an excuse to murder their children!

I totally agree with you!! No one has a perfect life and there are many people that have gone through so much more and they didn't choose to murder their children!! Couldn't have said it better! Everyone has a choice!!

H*LL NO! compared to a lot of people, Casey had a pretty nice life.
She was NOT born addicted to drugs, she was not Sexually Molested in any way shape or form, none of her family were in Prison etc.

Nope, DO NOT fell sorry for Casey at all.

I do not feel bad for Casey. It is our own personal responsibility to choose what we become. Whether we choose to let our past victimizations define us.

There are plenty of abused children who grow up to be responsible and upstanding members of society. I do not choose to allow the behaviors of others upon me to define me.

Casey is who she chose to be. No sympathy from me. I also do not believe she was abused in any manner.

Absolutely, YES!

The "silent videos" point to "strangeness"

Many, many people have traumatic childhoods that turn out ok, I don't think that Casey was neglected in any way, had more than most people, was spoiled and coddled and just thought she was smarter than the rest of us. I just think that she is a self-centered, self-absorbed, selfish person, who doesn't care about anyone but herself. No, I think she had a life like a lot of people have.

I think she was born this way, and not raised this way.

I do think it may be a bit inherited, and that may have affected her childhood and how she grew.

I still don't care. As many others have said, even if she did endure something, or a few things in her childhood....so many have gone on to survive and overcome. Caylee didn't get a chance to survive and overcome her childhood.

No. Lots of people grow up in poverty, dysfunction, neglect and abuse and do not lie and murder. Her parents were not/are not horrible people. Look at the lengths they went to support their daughter and granddaughter before AND after Caylee's death. They doted on their daughter, just like they did their granddaughter while she was growing up. I submit we are seeing a spoiled brat, not a horrific abuse victim.

I want to bring this up after some of the interviews that Jesse has been doing. Jesse stated on Dr Drew tonight that he was over at KC's house watching a movie with her and Cindy one time. He said Cindy asked KC if she was going to pay her back for hospital bills and KC told her she didn't want to have this discussion right now not in front of Jesse. He went onto say that Cindy stood up and said something like "Why do you want to be with a failure, a high school drop out, someone who has no job and can't pay her bills." and Jesse told her to not talk about KC that way.

Look guys I don't like what KC did to Caylee and I don't like that she is getting away with it so this thread has nothing to do with that but I am 110% convinced that Cindy did not treat KC as a mother should. What kind of mother calls their child a failure and as far her dropping out of HS, she was still in HS so if Cindy WANTED to do something she could have done it instead of allowing KC to drop out.

I want to bring this up after some of the interviews that Jesse has been doing. Jesse stated on Dr Drew tonight that he was over at KC's house watching a movie with her and Cindy one time. He said Cindy asked KC if she was going to pay her back for hospital bills and KC told her she didn't want to have this discussion right now not in front of Jesse. He went onto say that Cindy stood up and said something like "Why do you want to be with a failure, a high school drop out, someone who has no job and can't pay her bills." and Jesse told her to not talk about KC that way.

Look guys I don't like what KC did to Caylee and I don't like that she is getting away with it so this thread has nothing to do with that but I am 110% convinced that Cindy did not treat KC as a mother should. What kind of mother calls their child a failure and as far her dropping out of HS, she was still in HS so if Cindy WANTED to do something she could have done it instead of allowing KC to drop out.

I don't have any personal experiences in my life exactly like this to draw on.Dropping out of HS happens. My dad did it and my brother did it. They both were working when they did and had successful careers and became great fathers.That's a world away from the stealing slug that's Casey Anthony. Did she deserve to be spoken to that way? Maybe. If she didn't like it she was free to leave. Caylee would have been better off if she had.

I have friends who were brought up in a very "rough" way. However, feeling badly for them is not an option. I actually respect and admire the people they have become in spite of the way they were raised and what they went through. When faced with adversity, we have choices - even as children.

No, I don't feel badly for Casey. I feel nothng but repulsion for her. If she had shown that she cared for her child (regardless of how she died), perhaps I could find some kind of positive feeling for her.

I cannot help but compare Casey Anthony with Jaycee Dugard. My God.
Casey Anthony is the extreme opposite of Jaycee Dugard. Miss Dugard is someone to hold in high esteem. Casey is a world apart from that young lady.

No-- people have been brought up in worse homes with worse problems. Lee didn't turn out terrible. He seems to have a job or at least I haven't heard about him ripping anyone off. I think Cindy was probably pretty controlling and wanted so much to look like she was the best family on the block. That syndrome, my daughter got the highest grade on the test, she's the best in her gymnastics class. Behind closed doors she was probably pretty overbearing.

Her daughter did get pregnant out of wedlock which would seem that it would push someone like CA over the edge but it didn't.. or so it seems.

Anyway sorry to ramble NO NO AND NO I don't feel sorry for her. Another thing, if life was so bad for felon casey (as someone else on the board pointed out) her parents would have had her arrested the first time she ripped them off.

No-- people have been brought up in worse homes with worse problems. Lee didn't turn out terrible. He seems to have a job or at least I haven't heard about him ripping anyone off. I think Cindy was probably pretty controlling and wanted so much to look like she was the best family on the block. That syndrome, my daughter got the highest grade on the test, she's the best in her gymnastics class. Behind closed doors she was probably pretty overbearing.

Her daughter did get pregnant out of wedlock which would seem that it would push someone like CA over the edge but it didn't.. or so it seems.

Anyway sorry to ramble NO NO AND NO I don't feel sorry for her. Another thing, if life was so bad for felon casey (as someone else on the board pointed out) her parents would have had her arrested the first time she ripped them off.

Ayup. Trust me I have worked with 200 times worse families in my practice (mental health). Casey's just a good case of externalizing blame.

In response to the chicken and egg argument, we know Cindy came before Casey and the apple never falls far from the tree. There is a wonderful thread titled "Casey and Family Psychological Profile #10" page 20. Read the post by PIP on 'co-dependence'. This post is Spot On in my opinion except that I am not convinced Caylee was murdered. I still believe it could have been an accident and cover-up and could have involved George Anthony, if not Cindy as well...I keep seeing "narcissism" attached to Casey and I see Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). BPD is in the same cluster of disorders as Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) along with Anti-social Personality Disorder (APD). In other words, they are in the same 'cluster' of disorders because they share some similar traits. The 'borderline' in BPD distinguishes it from the others in that the person literally Borders on being connected to reality and living in psychosis or fantasy. And, their psyche will transition from reality to fantasy---even instantly in severe cases. In other words, people with BPD have behavior that is unpredictable (Cindy's outbursts; both Cindy/Casey's lies), unexplainable (Casey's partying and nonchalant attitude/ making an accident look like a murder??) but also perfectly lucid and understandable at times (those sentimental and loving moments caught on camera)...Interestingly, a history of childhood sexual abuse is almost always found in persons with this disorder and I have read reports alleging this happened to both Cindy and Casey...hmmm

Let's set aside families that have real trauma and "negatvity" as Jesse calls it, like families with addictions and abuse. KC's life was mild compared to that.
Let's look at KC vs. Just Jayla:

KC: Drops out of school and mom blames the school. Mom chastises KC when no one is looking.
JJ: Skips school and mom calls the school every day for the rest of the year to make sure I showed up, even chased down me and 10 of my friends and hauled us back to school one day. JJ could not drop out if she wanted to (yuck, I hate third person self, but hafta do it here)

KC: Gets pregnant at 19 and is allowed to use mom as sitter.
JJ: Gets pregnant at 19 and mom says it's time to get a career and my own place. Mom tells me "Oh Hell No" when I bring up the idea of her as my sitter so I can go out. Had to get a real sitter so I could work.

KC: Quits job and bums off mom...THOUSANDS
JJ: :floorlaugh: A buck or two here or there or help with a bill? Okay...but thousands? Mom woulda :slap: me upside the head and told my whole family I was bummin so my aunts and dad and grandmother could :slap: me, too.

KC: Kills her daughter and CA covers for her.
JJ: Mom would have called the po po herself and TOLD THEM WHAT SHE KNEW TO BE TRUE, hauled me to the jail in the trunk I left my daughter to decompose in, :slap: me some more and maybe visited me in jail on holidays to :slap: me again.

I don't feel bad for this chick. I think CA was often too light on her and when CA did get fed up and shame her, it was a result of 1. Irritation due to a bum husband she could not get rid out without losing her rear and then 2. A daughter that piled on with dad and, did all of the above, and was completely unrepentant.
Now, the fact that CA also projects KC's failures on everyone else is where I begin to seriously dislike her. Yeah, she might have been hard on KC inside that house, but once that front door opened, it was everyone else's fault but KC's.

My mom's from Lowell, Mass. For those that have seen The Fighter, that's really how they roll. And thank God for it, I am successful, have a beautiful 14 year old and will follow all of mom's steps above if my daughter so much as steps a toe out of line. If my daughter did awful things or was a bum, and tried to make it out as if I caused her to be a psycho or a bum, she'd be on her own. I kinda took acception tonight with Jesse wondering about why CA was so irked over paying KC's hospital bills...he has to look at the big picture that the hospital bill was part and parcel of KC getting pregnant while unwed and uneducated, and not taking responsibility for herself in any way. Something tells me CA was getting sick of looking at her that night and was already aggitated about the two thieving bums she lived with.

Cindy didn't handle things correctly according to what Jesse G. has to say about the matter, but he's also not saying on Dr. Drew what he said earlier. He did not say that Casey's mention of Lee creeping into her room was when she was wanting him to defy his own parents and get an apartment with her outside of marriage. We also don't know why Cindy was so upset: Had she just found out about a bunch of lies and maybe a theft? Did she just find out that Casey had lied about Jesse being the daddy and was promised to be repaid for hospital costs? Did she just find out that Casey was not on her job at Kodak? I don't understand why Jesse and Casey didn't apply for Medicaid. That usually will pay for teen moms hospital and OB bills.
No matter how Cindy treated Casey and threw up the past, that should only have affected her self esteem and maybe caused her to not be able to go forward very well. I personally know people who throw up the past to daughters, and they have not been sexually abused ever. It is verbal and emotional abuse, but Cindy didn't cause Casey to get accused of murder. Cindy should never have allowed the use of a vehicle until Casey got her high school diploma and entered college, and she should never have allowed a young daughter to drink booze around the home, like in the Birthday video. I think there are some personality disorders in the family, and Casey inherited a really bad one then chose to go to the extreme, and was made worse by alcohol use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back