Do you feel bad for Casey because of how she was brought up?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the DT OS was an embellishment of KC's vivid imagination, designed to catch the attention of and make the jury pay attention because they wasn't what else was going to come out of JB's mouth. It was a defense tactic, nothing else.

OT: Did anyone ever figure out why the jury consultant quit a mere three days before the start of jury selection? Maybe he didn't want be 'cohesive' with DT team that was planning on playing dirty, IMO.

No, I don't feel bad for her AT ALL. I know lots of people that were raised in environments A LOT worse than hers & they have never killed their children or anyone else.

So if we are going to feel sorry for Casey shouldn't we be sorry for her parents? What hell did they have to go through in life to grow up to be such horrible parents? Or do we not feel sorry for them because they only "abused" their child but didn't murder her?

Well, Caseys Dad is a cheater, he was taking money from some woman he was sleeping with that he met because of Caylees death. HE WAS TAKING MONEY. I find that "funny"

I think someone like that who raises a kid to have no morals or honor as a family, has a child like Casey Anthony. So if she is a sociopath or whatever,its inherited.

Do you really think having an affair makes someone an abusive parent or a sociopath? :waitasec:

And no, being a sociopath is not inherited. There are absolutely no facts to back up that statement.

I believe it is a mixture of nature and nurture.
I found the story of Casey not graduating very telling. George and Cindy were told that Casey was not able to graduate yet they waited until the family (grands and aunt) were in the car park on the night before telling them.
That, to me, smells very similar to the Universal Studios "job" debacle.

She grew up with a dishonest father and parents who weren't really a team, George was very disloyal to Cindy.
Casey did not get good examples of loyalty or honesty IMO

I think you're probably right about the mixture of nature & nurture being the determining factors here. You also reminded me what it was like at my house when I found out a few weeks before graduation my son might not graduate because he'd been skipping school & assignments. That night I told him either he was graduating on time or he could pack his bags and leave immediately because he was not going to live in my house when he wasn't meeting his responsibilities. He did graduate on time. He did not have a party because I would not plan one unless I knew he was definitely graduating. As we didn't know until close to the ceremony if he was graduating, no party for him.

No, I don't feel sorry for Casey. We've all experienced some type of dysfunction in our lives I think, no one is perfect or has the perfect life. At some point you have to make children responsible for their decisions. She could have made different choices.

Jeff Ashton's interview with Beth Karas was very interesting and in his opinion the only dysfunctional Anthony was Casey. IMOH, some people are just born evil and to try to blame Caylee's death on anyone but Casey is absolutely ridiculous.

Do you really think having an affair makes someone an abusive parent or a sociopath? :waitasec:

And no, being a sociopath is not inherited. There are absolutely no facts to back up that statement.

Sleeping with someone you met because of your dead grandchild, and you are telling your wife you are going to see her for her "brain" tumor. I can see how Casey could say George had a stroke with no problem at all. I said whatever is wrong with Casey she got from George, as its just FACT we get lots of genes from our parents, even mental problems and addictions.

ETA: I am talking about separate from Caylee's death bc there is NO EXCUSE what so ever for KC killing Caylee and I agree her up bringing had nothing to do with that. I agree with all those that answered the question that how you are treated growing up doesn't make you a murderer.

I feel bad for anyone, so that would include Casey, that was brought up in a severly dysfunctional home. I was and it was living hell.

The only one I feel bad for is Caylee. No one else. She is the only true innocent victim in all of this.

We are each responsible for whatever paths in life we choose, regardless of how we are brought up and what type of environment we lived in. Prisons are full of individuals who had rotten childhoods.

ETA: I am not saying that I believe one iota of ICA's load of you-know-what excuse that she was abused by her father - because I don't.

MOO of course.

Oh. Right. One more thing about Borderline personality disorders: They can split like nobodies business. Divide and conquer is what they live by. Getting people at each other's throats is one of their defense mechanisms.

Is she one? My radar is on high alert, even assessing her from my armchair.
JMOO. Do what you will.

Yes, divide and conquer, don't let anyone talk to anyone else - been a victim of that, especially when "they" tell you what the other guy said about you. That makes you mad, you're at the other guy's throat, not questioning the tellers side of the story. Yep, divide and conquer is the name of the game.

Yep, beem a victim of that, I hate them for putting down "my baby", they hate me for putting down "their friend", LOL.

Yep, divide and conquer, get what they can from BOTH sides. Sad, but true.

Thing is, I see divide and conquer in more areas than one in this case. One never knows who is doing the dividing and who is doing the conquering in this case.

My opinion only

Casey was an ADULT when she got pregnant and had Caylee. If she hated her parents so much, then she should have moved out, got a REAL job and moved on with her life. Hundreds, thousands of people do it every year. I give her no excuses. Her parents were good enough for her to mooch off of as an adult and for them to care for and pay for her child- now suddenly poor casey had a horrible upbringing. I don't buy it.

She was probably born pre-disposed to some of these behaviors and her environment didn't teach her better coping skills. That's unfortunate but everyone has the choice when they become an adult as to whether they are going to go down the path they were taught or whether they will get help to find new ways of dealing with life.

Feel sorry for her? Not really, given she made a choice to not get help in dealing with very tumultuous relationships within the household.

Life is complicated and none of are free of dysfunction but there is a point where you have to move past it.

I do feel bad though that the family issues are being posed in such a negative way that there is further stigma placed on people to the point they won't ask for help or feel they should ask for help. I really hope more and more of us can take away from this mess that it's good to recognize our issues and ask for help and keep asking for it.

Cindy should have never "forced" a very immature teen into being a mother...If it was true, and Casey wanted to give up Caylee for adoption, then that should have been done. *shaking my head*.

Cindy should have never "forced" a very immature teen into being a mother...If it was true, and Casey wanted to give up Caylee for adoption, then that should have been done. *shaking my head*.
I have absolutely no reason to believe the adoption story is true. I wonder how pregnant Casey was when she told that story to Kia Marie, if Cindy even know about the pregnancy when it happened.

I believe she was mentally abused all her life by her parents! You can tell that CA was a lia, controlling, and possesive. I think GA is also a liar. Together they created their little monster! For example. why was she so scared to tell them about her pregnancy? There was abuse somewhere in her growing up. I feel bad if she was abused, but I dont feel bad for her in general. It wasn't Caylee's fault. If anything she should of protected Caylee.

I have absolutely no reason to believe the adoption story is true. I wonder how pregnant Casey was when she told that story to Kia Marie, if Cindy even know about the pregnancy when it happened.

I don't believe any of the adoption stuff either. I think Casey was lying to her mother about being pregnant because she wanted to keep it and was afraid her mom might try and make her get rid of the baby. I think Kio is a liar who was looking for her 15 min

Casey obviously was scared of what her parents reaction was going to be. And she was over 18. Very interesting. And then of course, if she told Grund he was the Dad and her parents knew, why wasn't he there when she had her? That is weird. And then he did show up and George was mad or something. Its so bizarre.

I feel bad for a childhood Casey who had to grow up in a lousy home (if that was the case).

I don't feel sorry for adult Casey who could have done what Serjen said upthread and gotten help for some of her psychological problems but chose to be a parasite and a murderer instead.

Casey wasn't exactly a teen when she got pregnant, was she? Anyway, knowing Casey, I don't see how anyone could force her to do anything. I'm not saying Cindy didn't hound her to keep the baby. She probably did, but I don't buy this "forcing" thing. Casey hates her mother and if anything, would do the opposite of what Cindy wanted. Casey may have not wanted a baby, but I don't think she kept Caylee just because Cindy MADE her.

I'm just not buying into all of this Casey sympathy that seems to be going around now that she's been acquitted. Frankly, I don't understand it. She's still the same evil person she was before. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back