Do you feel bad for Casey because of how she was brought up?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not feel sorry for ICA. If everyone who had a dysfunctional childhood acted out like that this world would be a horrible place, because we all had dysfunction in one way or another. JMHO

Nope - not in the least bit do I feel bad for her. She may not have been raised right but everyone knows you just don't kill your kids, no matter how bad you were raised or what kind of so called abuse you took, you don't take another life, especially that of your own child. I will never feel sorry for any of them once Karma gets done with them.

Of course not.

Has anyone stopped to consider that FCA may not be the way she is because the Anthony family is "dysfuncional"?

She is a sociopath. They are born that way. There is no cure.

Has anyone considered that perhaps the Anthony family is "dysfunctional" because they have had to cope with denying, placating and covering up for a sociopath for 25 years?

I imagine they had no idea just how bad, or different she was for quite some time, and once they did, they had no idea what to do to "fix" her.

Do I feel bad for KC because of how she was brought up? YES I DO. But, I would not let those feelings come in the way of what I must do to protect myself from her.

IMO, and based on my experiences in my own life, CA is a Borderline-type mother who has raised both her children (and her husband) in a toxic household. ICA is the product of her mother and her environment, along with whatever happened to her at birth/in the womb, etc., that resulted in her developing into a sociopath.

Both CA and ICA are like an alien species to us -- they react in an alien way to events in their lives, and they are consumed by a basic "survival at all costs" instinct that allows them to lie, cheat and steal when their "survival" is threatened. My husband's ex-wife is like this, and my stepdaughter has turned into a "mini-me" of her mother. They have a love/hate, co-depependent, enmeshed relationship. They scream, yell and fight with each other -- but will defend each other to death if any kind of outside entity tries to "attack" one of them. I believe CA and ICA are like this. The DT will try to keep ICA away from her parents, but she will be unable to stay away from her mother as she is too enmeshed to separate-- unless she undergoes years of therapy. CA loved Caylee because she was like ICA was ICA she grew up and could voice her own opinions, defend herself and try to separate from her mother. This, IMO, is why Caylee was killed -- to ICA it was the ultimate "fu&#-you and a way to finally sever the chord that existed between her and her mother. JMHO

More to add -- I don't believe that CA understood how dangerous ICA was until she realized what ICA had done to Caylee. ICA had taken the dysfunction as far as it could go, resulting in Caylee's death. This is where CA and ICA differ.

I do believe her mother was extremely controlling and the father, as a cop, was probaby very disciplinary. If anyone heard what Jesse Grund told Dr. Drew last night about Cindy denigrating Casey in front of him, you'd agree. Jesse has no dog in this fight, I believe what he said.

Mothers like Cindy suck all the self-confidence and self-assurance and security from their children. On the other hand, they are constantly trying to "help" them, like her paying Casey's hospital bill or letting her live there rent free, and then they constantly remind their kids "how much I've DONE for you!"

Better that Cindy had told Casey she was on her own for the hospital bill, but the control freak in Cindy wouldn't let that happen. Just like when Cindy refused to let Casey put Caylee up for adoption.

I know. I have a mother just like Cindy.

Still doesn't excuse Caylee's death, however.

She was a grown woman, sponging off of her patents. If she didn't like it, she didn't have to stay.

Of course not.

Has anyone stopped to consider that FCA may not be the way she is because the Anthony family is "dysfuncional"?

Has anyone considered that perhaps the Anthony family is "dysfunctional" because they have had to cope with denying, placating and covering up for a sociopath for 25 years?

I imagine they had no idea just how bad, or different she was for quite some time, and once they did, they had no idea what to do to "fix" her.

Brilliant post IMO. Was just thinking this

No amount of upbringing (good bad or ugly) excuses how a beautiful toddler ended up dead.

Children are defenseless, all children. Everyone around Caylee failed her. It is a harsh reality but it is true, she was born, growing up, thriving, happy and healthy then the next minute, dead. That is inexcusable.

And everyone around her is walking around free as a bird. So if she shops at Target (like she says she wants to) and people yell things at her.

Oh well...

More to add -- I don't believe that CA understood how dangerous ICA was until she realized what ICA had done to Caylee. ICA had taken the dysfunction as far as it could go, resulting in Caylee's death. This is where CA and ICA differ.

snipped for clarity... I think it's possible that KC killed many of the family pets growing up. That's how psychopaths start out early in life. The Anthonys thought maybe a nice funeral etc. would make KC understand what she'd done, but it kept happening. From what I heard in the testimony, there were only 2 pets that were legitimately sick and were put down at a vet. There could have been more, but that's my impression.

Therefore I think CA and GA, and according to the roommates even Lee who warned them about KC - they all knew there was something VERY wrong with KC.

Problems don't go away on their own. CA thought she could fix everything. She probably even now believes that it was her who fixed everything up through today and that she'll continue to be able to do so. That's part of her own personality disorder. The problem is, she's whacked herself and can't see that her antics don't really fix things in the normal sense.

What did Casey have to endure that was so horrible? A controlling mother and ineffectual father? I haven't seen proof of any other kind of abuse. Considering what some children have to go through including starvation, sexual abuse by multiple abusers, daily beatings and living in places most of us wouldn't walk through, etc. she didn't have it so bad. I'm sure the fact I worked in Social Work for years has changed my perception of what is a horrible childhood. I feel badly for any child who is mistreated in any way but quite frankly I'm surprised she has generated the sympathy she has based on what we know about her childhood.

What was it that was said about dead animals? and about dogs being sleepy that prompted Cindy to allegedly google? could Casey have started with the dogs?

Of course not.

I imagine they had no idea just how bad, or different she was for quite some time, and once they did, they had no idea what to do to "fix" her

BBM--

I agree with you 100%.

I believe it is a mixture of nature and nurture.
I found the story of Casey not graduating very telling. George and Cindy were told that Casey was not able to graduate yet they waited until the family (grands and aunt) were in the car park on the night before telling them.
That, to me, smells very similar to the Universal Studios "job" debacle.

She grew up with a dishonest father and parents who weren't really a team, George was very disloyal to Cindy.
Casey did not get good examples of loyalty or honesty IMO

Oh yeah, poor thing. Had a car handed to her at 16 (I never got a car from parents, had to buy my own at 19), lived rent free, got a graduation party even though she didnt graduate, got shopping sprees on mom's credit cards... Poor little Orphan Annie, how did she survive?

BBM, What did this teach Casey?? No consequences of actions:banghead:

I don't feel sorry for Casey. What I do feel is scared to death of her. And her parents or anyone close to her should too.

I saw the real Casey in the jailhouse videos, when she was out of sight of the jury and when she swung through the door for her sentencing. That was the real Casey Anthony.

I had a sudden chill when I heard Jessie Grund say that the Casey he knew was dead to him and that she wasn't the same Casey he'd known.

Well Jessie, it was the one you thought you knew that was the fraud. What you saw on trial was what you narrowly escaped being married to.

One of Casey's "friends" said early on that she had said the family home would soon belong to her. What did she mean when she said that? IMO, her parents should be asking themselves that very question and be aware that she may not be finished visiting her wrath upon them.

I was never quite sure how I viewed the parents. Something never seemed to square with them, IMO I think we should all stay turned for further developments on the Anthonys. The trial is over, the jury has gone home and everybody including their daughter will let their hair down.

I am thinking there is poetic justice if not real justice. CA and TCA (Teflon Casey Anthony) will make each other's lives more of a he** than anyone could ever imagine i bet. Death row will look appealing when it is all said and done.

Oh!! since the ex convict is on parole, will she have to stay IN orange county? and.. find a JOB?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Of course not.

Well, Caseys Dad is a cheater, he was taking money from some woman he was sleeping with that he met because of Caylees death. HE WAS TAKING MONEY. I find that "funny"

I think someone like that who raises a kid to have no morals or honor as a family, has a child like Casey Anthony. So if she is a sociopath or whatever,its inherited.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back