• Don't know

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Dead and parents are innocent

Votes: 63 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why weren't they charged here?

That is the $50000. question. Because I think this is more of a common practice than people think.
I don't know that they would have been charged in the event of a fire.

We don't know that there weren't charges laid against them.

And I'd bet they would have been charged if there were a fire. Parents get charged all of the time for that behavior.

JMO

Leaving three toddlers alone in a hotel room so you can go out and party is neglect. And it is premeditated criminal activity.

JMO

I am sure people have that opinion but if it was criminal they should have been charged. Along with everyone else that used the same system.

Again, Not my idea of babysitting but if they were never charged, It is not criminal.

We don't know that there weren't charges laid against them.

And I'd bet they would have been charged if there were a fire. Parents get charged all of the time for that behavior.

JMO

If there were charges leveled at them it would be EVERYWHERE. We would know. They have not been charged with Child abuse or neglect.

And there was no fire so we don't know about that.

I don't think this was neglect. Driving drunk is a willful act of neglect and premeditated criminal activity. But having a system to have the kids looked in on by multiple parents who were doing the same thing? I don't think is neglect. Maybe a little lax and not well thought out but To me, In my opinion, Not really neglect.

It is neglect. No matter how you slice it.

Every parent on the planet knows they shouldn't leaves babies alone and unsupervised while they go off to party and dine.

It's neglect.

I know know why they weren't charged. Charged or not, they are guilty of neglect.

There was babysitting service available... For all those OTHER responsible parents that don't leave their babies alone in a hotel room.

My parents have always said to me in response to my saying "everyone else is doing it" was always the same....."if everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So let's say someone rob's a bank & they don't get caught, then they didn't commit a crime because they weren't charged?

If there were charges leveled at them it would be EVERYWHERE. We would know. They have not been charged with Child abuse or neglect.

And there was no fire so we don't know about that.

Money talks. There may have been charges, we don't know.

JMO

It is neglect. No matter how you slice it.

Every parent on the planet knows they shouldn't leaves babies alone and unsupervised while they go off to party and dine.

It's neglect.

I know know why they weren't charged. Charged or not, they are guilty of neglect.

There was babysitting service available... For all those OTHER responsible parents that don't leave their babies alone in a hotel room.

My parents have always said to me in response to my saying "everyone else is doing it" was always the same....."if everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you?"

Apparently not in Portugal.. Because there are no charges of neglect. That is that.

I am just looking at the legal part of the case, The facts. Not the emotional tie in. I don't like the way they did their child care either but I am not sure it rises to criminal activity. Especially since there are no charges. They were checking on the kids every so often on schedule right? That is not leaving them alone and forgetting them. So Maybe that is why they were not charged.

It is not about money. What makes it about money in portugal and charges?? There is nothing that says that. No proof of that.

Money does not keep you from being charged and put on trial. Ask OJ or Phil Spector.

So let's say someone rob's a bank & they don't get caught, then they didn't commit a crime because they weren't charged?

No. But then there is a warrant out for them and search and a case. We already know who the parents are who participated in this practice. So they can charge them at any time yet no charges.

Apparently not in Portugal.. Because there are no charges of neglect. That is that.

I am just looking at the legal part of the case, The facts. Not the emotional tie in. I don't like the way they did their child care either but I am not sure it rises to criminal activity. Especially since there are no charges. They were checking on the kids every so often on schedule right? That is not leaving them alone and forgetting them. So Maybe that is why they were not charged.

You don't care for their "child care"? I think you meant complete and total lack of child care.

If you want to discuss only the facts.....

Neglect is a passive form of abuse in which a perpetrator is responsible to provide care for a victim who is unable to care for himself or herself, but fails to provide adequate care.

#1 they left those babies all alone. That equals neglect.

#2 you may want to do a little research about how often they checked and the issues with their friends statements and lack of cooperation.

No. But then there is a warrant out for them and search and a case. We already know who the parents are who participated in this practice. So they can charge them at any time yet no charges.

IMO because their eyes were always on a much bigger prize. Murder charges.

You don't care for their "child care"? I think you meant complete and total lack of child care.

If you want to discuss only the facts.....

Neglect is a passive form of abuse in which a perpetrator is responsible to provide care for a victim who is unable to care for himself or herself, but fails to provide adequate care.

#1 they left those babies all alone. That equals neglect.

#2 you may want to do a little research about how often they checked and the issues with their friends statements and lack of cooperation.

But it wasn't. They were checking on the kids. They had a system to watch them. IT was not just they put them to bed and came back 2 hours later. They were working this odd system with the other parents too.

I don't think this rises to neglect. I just don't. I think it was not smart and something I would never do but I don't see the neglect.

IMO because their eyes were always on a much bigger prize. Murder charges.

That makes no sense. Many many times police will arrest someone on lesser charges to catch them on the big one.
I find it interesting they were never charged.

With all the new info today and new searching going on, I have a lot of hope for this case. That they will find her. I have always thought she may still be alive. I still hope that is true.

That makes no sense. Many many times police will arrest someone on lesser charges to catch them on the big one.
I find it interesting they were never charged.

I don't.

I simply view it as a mistake.

With all the new info today and new searching going on, I have a lot of hope for this case. That they will find her. I have always thought she may still be alive. I still hope that is true.

I hope you're right!

I'd like nothing better than to see her found alive and well. I'd love eating crow!

I hope you're right!

I'd like nothing better than to see her found alive and well. I'd love eating crow!

Me too. I was watching Elizabeth Smart today, And so astounded by her story and what she endured, and how she survived. I know she was older but I just have to hold out hope for this little girl.

I am always hoping for the best. I will face the worst but I hope for the best.

The "checking" only occurred that last night.

And depending on whose version of "checking" you chose to believe.... the versions don't line up, no ones story matches up with anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member